Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517310 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:43am On Oct 09, 2018
.Today's Rosary... Sorrowful mysteries.

Reflection taking from today's Gospel.

Jesus does not rebuke Martha for attending to details of hospitality. But it is precisely in attending to details that one runs the risk of leaving undone the most important things to be done. “Just one thing is need,” said Jesus to Martha. What is this one thing? Being with Jesus-giving him my attention, sitting at his feet to listen to him, to be taught by him. That will not take me away from doing my duties. It will teach me how best to assume my responsibilities in life. The words of Jesus provide us with inspiration and direction. Let our thoughts, words and actions flow from being with Christ.

Prayer point... We pray for the grace to always put God in the center of our lives. At a time when our daily activities is taking up "25" hours of our time per day, we pray that we will always find time to communicate with our Father in heaven.

Good morning all and a bless full day to you.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:47am On Oct 09, 2018
Just as chikk suggested... Everyone one of us is welcomed to pick a date for special prayer. So, the floor is open. Pick a date and drop your prayer intention.

Am picking 18th, feast of St Luke's the evangelist.

That through his intercession, my words and actions will always be a form of evangelism.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:48am On Oct 09, 2018
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:52am On Oct 09, 2018
Kamsified:

I'm not going anywhere today sweetheart. Just woke up to say hello to my brethren. Im about going back to bed now.
Na sleep dey rush me as I type
I didn't see you at the carribean
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Rich4god:
.Today's Rosary... Sorrowful mysteries.

Jesus does not rebuke Martha for attending to details of hospitality. But it is precisely in attending to details that one runs the risk of leaving undone the most important things to be done. “Just one thing is need,” said Jesus to Martha. What is this one thing? Being with Jesus-giving him my attention, sitting at his feet to listen to him, to be taught by him. That will not take me away from doing my duties. It will teach me how best to assume my responsibilities in life. The words of Jesus provide us with inspiration and direction. Let our thoughts, words and actions flow from being with Christ.

Prayer point... We pray for the grace to always put God in the center of our lives. At a time when our daily activities is taking up "25" hours of our time per day, we pray that we will always find time to communicate with our Father in heaven.

Good morning all and a bless full day to you.

Amen and Amen

Same to you dearie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Rich4god:
Just as chikk suggested... Everyone one of us is welcomed to pick a date for special prayer. So, the floor is open. Pick a date and drop your prayer intention.

Am picking 18th, feast of St Luke's the evangelist.

That through his intercession, my words and actions will always be a form of evangelism.

I pick the 31st please
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2018
Good morning brethren. Wishing you a blissful day.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Dantedasz(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2018
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
24th, I'm cool with it
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:07am On Oct 10, 2018
.Today's Rosary... The Glorious mysteries.

The disciples said to Jesus: “Lord teach us to pray.” What they said to Jesus was itself a prayer. Prayer is union with God. But we do not know how to enter into this union. We need to be taught by Jesus. That is why to ask to be taught to pray is itself a prayer. Prayer is conversing with God. But what do I say by teaching us to call God our Father. Like the disciples, let us constantly ask the Lord to teach us to pray, to teach us how to be in intimate relationship with the Father to teach us what to say to the Father when we pray.

Prayer point... We pray for the grace to pray always and also to help others to communion with God through prayer.

Good morning friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:09am On Oct 10, 2018
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Jnrbayano - 24th

Kamsy - 31th

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2018
Rich4god:
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Jnrbayano - 24th

Kamsy - 31th
Am taking 23rd
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
Rich4god:
I didn't see you at the carribean

Been waiting for u there since 2 days now, I didn't see your brake light sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
Rich4god:
.Today's Rosary... The Glorious mysteries.

The disciples said to Jesus: “Lord teach us to pray.” What they said to Jesus was itself a prayer. Prayer is union with God. But we do not know how to enter into this union. We need to be taught by Jesus. That is why to ask to be taught to pray is itself a prayer. Prayer is conversing with God. But what do I say by teaching us to call God our Father. Like the disciples, let us constantly ask the Lord to teach us to pray, to teach us how to be in intimate relationship with the Father to teach us what to say to the Father when we pray.

Prayer point... We pray for the grace to pray always and also to help others to communion with God through prayer.

Good morning friends.
Amen Amen I say
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:46am On Oct 11, 2018
Today's Rosary... The mysteries of Light

Reflection taking from today's Gospel

Quite often, when we pray, we do not know what is good for us. But God knows what is best for us. He knows how to give us what is good for us. When we pray, let us humbly ask him to unfold His will for us, to give u the spiritual insight needed to identify the good he has willed for us, and to give us the wisdom and courage to embrace His will. The extent to which we have peace in our lives is the extent to which we embrace the will of God. Pope St John XXIII knew how to discern and submit to the will of God for the Church. Let us ask for his intercession as we celebrate his memorial today.

Prayer point... We pray for the grace to persevere in prayer. At times, our prayers seems unanswered. But just as Christ said, continue asking and you will get, continue finding and you will see, continue knocking and the door will be opened for you.

Good morning friends

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:47am On Oct 11, 2018
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Salc - 23rd

Jnrbayano - 24th

Kamsy - 31th
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2018
Rich4god:
Today's Rosary... The mysteries of Light

Reflection taking from today's Gospel

Quite often, when we pray, we do not know what is good for us. But God knows what is best for us. He knows how to give us what is good for us. When we pray, let us humbly ask him to unfold His will for us, to give u the spiritual insight needed to identify the good he has willed for us, and to give us the wisdom and courage to embrace His will. The extent to which we have peace in our lives is the extent to which we embrace the will of God. Pope St John XXIII knew how to discern and submit to the will of God for the Church. Let us ask for his intercession as we celebrate his memorial today.

Prayer point... We pray for the grace to persevere in prayer. At times, our prayers seems unanswered. But just as Christ said, continue asking and you will get, continue finding and you will see, continue knocking and the door will be opened for you.

Good morning friends

Amen.
Thank brother
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
Knock knock... Please who's home o...I need help!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
chikk:
Knock knock... Please who's home o...I need help!!
Am home...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:57am On Oct 12, 2018
Today's Rosary... The sorrowful mysteries.

Reflection taken from today's Gospel

The reign of God is the defeat of all forces of evil. Jesus drives out evil spirits because in his person, his words and his actions, the reign of God has begun. His opponents are envious and confused. So is the devil when he cannot overcome us. Our power to resist and defeat the devil comes from Jesus. When we draw strength from Jesus we have nothing to fear in life. If we are still afraid of evil forces it is because of our lack of faith. From the time of our baptism, he inaugurated the reign of God in our lives. We have been claimed for Christ. We belong to him.

Prayer point... We pray for the gift of faith. At time like this when we have too many Christians running from church to to church looking for solution to their problems. We pray that God we give us the grace we need to have a strong faith in him, so that irrespective of the problems of life, our focus will always remain strongly in him.

Morning friends

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2018
Rich4god:
Am home...

angry angry angry

Are you in lagos? or have someone who is? precisely on the island?
i am in desperate and urgent need of somewhere to put up for a few weeks on the island o. Due to work distance wahala. My office is on the island, precisely in ajah.

Who can help please?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Kamsified:
When I type syncan, my phone will change it to 'duncan', and ubenedictus changes to 'benefits'.
Abeg I'm not typing any more names.

Happy New Year brethren angry

Lol, Ada nne your keyboard has rusted from lack of usage grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2018
SalC:

So you be dey find us?

If Syncan catch you, my hand no dey.

I thought you went solo since Jnrbayano came looking for you.

How have you been?

Nne throw me for soft ground o.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:
LOL
Why i no go look for the mummy and daddy of the house. syncan na my oga, patapata i go just lie down greet am.

i have been around watch the thread to see if any of my brethern will show face, bayano was just tickling me.

Na outsiders dem de wear long length cloth for, insiders know how the leg dey. We know who be oga for here.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
jnrbayano:

Oburo eziokwu angry

Where your wedding invitation, abi you don marry without inviting us? It's been a long time since the last brother wedded and you're next in line. Abeg do make others pass.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:
CHIA syncan dem say u talk lie, na truth?

This kind one na im dem de answer with "if you know, you know".
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:
We all know d reason wey go make aboki recieve person call.

are u shitting on syncan and lushing rich d fyn bobo?

Ayam not understanding o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
SalC:

Uben you are on your own here. Which one is shitting on Syncan again? You just enjoy stirring up trouble abi? smiley

So Ubenedictus na trouble stirrer?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
Kamsified:
where is Syncan?

Nne m, you're just back from a long absence, cool down first na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.