Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today (14035 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos) / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by zico2(m): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
Frank-C:

Lets go about it this way, what was Nigeria's power generating capacity on May 29, 1999 and the capacity on May 29, 2007? While you are at it, also tell us the average time it takes to procure, instal and commission a 500MW power plant. That will tell us a lot.

I respect OBJ as a President, I cannot say that he failed, I was among those that were against the report of Elumelu HoR panel because I feel that that committe does not have the capacity to appraise the performance a complex procurement contract like power plant. But to compare the success ot GEJ to that of OBJ specifically in power sector is to lie to oneself. GEJ is implementing a far more complex and methodical transformation of the electricity landscape of this country, not just building power plant or articulating legislation. OBJ does not just have the discipline to conduct a transparent privatization process without interferrence. GEJ has the discipline, can absorb knocks, so far he believes in what he is doing and is thoroughly self motivated unlike OBJ that is motivated by external events. You may not like GEJ's charisma or carriage but that guy is far more intelligent than a combination of the people calling him 'clueless'. He proves this by not even arguing his intellingence with you. He is a perfect listener, a fact based judgement maker and never impulsive. He has also proven that he know how to troubleshoot a complex issue, identify the problem, resolve it, recouple the system and move on without listening to the noise makers. He is also not intimidated by very intelligent people, that is a sign of super intelligence and maturity.
Your analysis is insightful and meaningful but where you get it wrong is comparing GEJ with OBJ. We voted GEJ for total reformation of Nigeria and wt what is going on in polity now only animals wl not pity this country. What we need is a selfless leader that wl be able to fight at all level for dignity. The major misplaced priority of this government is inability to fight corruption. Look deeply without any sentiment,you wl see elements of truth in what im saying. Let GEJ talk less and concentrate on his government. Nigerians re not fools, we all know where the shoe is pinching. If he perform creditably and win people's ego, i tell you he wl be voted again. But the greatest enemy of mr president re those that surround him. Let him check them the way OBJ did and stop this intense corruption. People wl surely rally round him for second term.

Finally, I will like to remind you and others that think like you that OBJ, Yar A'Dua and GEJ all belong to the biggest political party in Africa - The PDP. Power sector reform is a PDP policy. Late President Yar A'Adua only slowed down this PDP agenda after listening to people who think and talk like you, but GEJ has revived it. You may wish to note that work was ongoing in this plant and many others like it while you were busy calling GEJ all sorts of names, even while you were at Ojota carrying placard to ensure the entrenchment of the status quo in early 2012. Work there did not start today.

To fellow country men, transforming a country like Nigeria is not an easy task. Gaining the trust of everybody is even more difficult. Support GEJ to achieve his set targets. Support PDP to implement her program through men like GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by zico2(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Frank-C:

Lets go about it this way, what was Nigeria's power generating capacity on May 29, 1999 and the capacity on May 29, 2007? While you are at it, also tell us the average time it takes to procure, instal and commission a 500MW power plant. That will tell us a lot.

I respect OBJ as a President, I cannot say that he failed, I was among those that were against the report of Elumelu HoR panel because I feel that that committe does not have the capacity to appraise the performance a complex procurement contract like power plant. But to compare the success ot GEJ to that of OBJ specifically in power sector is to lie to oneself. GEJ is implementing a far more complex and methodical transformation of the electricity landscape of this country, not just building power plant or articulating legislation. OBJ does not just have the discipline to conduct a transparent privatization process without interferrence. GEJ has the discipline, can absorb knocks, so far he believes in what he is doing and is thoroughly self motivated unlike OBJ that is motivated by external events. You may not like GEJ's charisma or carriage but that guy is far more intelligent than a combination of the people calling him 'clueless'. He proves this by not even arguing his intellingence with you. He is a perfect listener, a fact based judgement maker and never impulsive. He has also proven that he know how to troubleshoot a complex issue, identify the problem, resolve it, recouple the system and move on without listening to the noise makers. He is also not intimidated by very intelligent people, that is a sign of super intelligence and maturity.
Your analysis is insightful and meaningful but where you get it wrong is comparing GEJ with OBJ. We voted GEJ for total reformation of Nigeria and wt what is going on in polity now only animals wl not pity this country. What we need is a selfless leader that wl be able to fight at all level for dignity. The major misplaced priority of this government is inability to fight corruption. Look deeply without any sentiment,you wl see elements of truth in what im saying. Let GEJ talk less and concentrate on his government. Nigerians re not fools, we all know where the shoe is pinching. If he perform creditably and win people's ego, i tell you he wl be voted again. But the greatest enemy of mr president re those that surround him. Let him check them the way OBJ did and stop this intense corruption. People wl surely rally round him for second term.

Finally, I will like to remind you and others that think like you that OBJ, Yar A'Dua and GEJ all belong to the biggest political party in Africa - The PDP. Power sector reform is a PDP policy. Late President Yar A'Adua only slowed down this PDP agenda after listening to people who think and talk like you, but GEJ has revived it. You may wish to note that work was ongoing in this plant and many others like it while you were busy calling GEJ all sorts of names, even while you were at Ojota carrying placard to ensure the entrenchment of the status quo in early 2012. Work there did not start today.

To fellow country men, transforming a country like Nigeria is not an easy task. Gaining the trust of everybody is even more difficult. Support GEJ to achieve his set targets. Support PDP to implement her program through men like GEJ.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
You can post the same senseless rubbish a million times, it's still the same senseless rubbish...
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by banki(m): 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Agbameta.., And so what? Even if it was started by Lord Lugard, what difference does it make? Did OBJ not inherit uncompleted projects in 1999? Did OBJ not have 8 full years to do whatever he wanted to do? Did power improve while OBJ held sway for 8 years? OBJ tenure ended 6 years ago and he failed WOEFULLY in terms power. The tenure of GEJ is still on and we'r watching to see if he'll succeed where his predecessors FAILED.

success they say has a lot of brothers and sisters, when its something bad you guys are quick to say "it didn't start with jonatha"when its something good it doesn't matter if it was initiated by lord lugard..... I tire for una matter

I sincerely wish we succeed together as a nation my only gross is that the current administration has directly or indirectly divided Nigerians more than ever along ethnic and religious lines, if we are sincere to ourselves we should realize that the nation needs a national figure and not someone that doesn't inspire confidence
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Nigerianmovie(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
Esau initiated the cooking but Jacob delivered and got the blessing.
#end of discussion.

LAST TO COMMENT
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by paj4love: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
about the power projects OBJ has tried on his own part, but GEJ deserve all the praises he is getting now because he continued from where OBJ stopped and made it come to reality.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
paj4love: about the power projects OBJ has tried on his own part, but GEJ deserve all the praises he is getting now because he continued from where OBJ stopped and made it come to reality.

OBJ tried, but GED deserve praise....

lmao.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by tamunoibiso(f): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
agbameta: You can post the same senseless rubbish a million times, it's still the same senseless rubbish...
Some1 deserve to be banned here till 2019
shocked shocked shocked
MOD pls note them.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by gramci: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
agbameta:

OBJ tried, but GED deserve praise....

lmao.

its obvious you work 24hrs shift, other e-urchins go on break but you don't.

What's the incentive?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by alotofgrace(m): 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
pls incase of recruitment.....
abume4life@gmail.com
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by gramci: 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
alotofgrace: pls incase of recruitment.....
abume4life@gmail.com

send your cv to gbawe
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by ocelot2006(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
Billyonaire:

Rumor has it that you are the now forcefully retired Eko Ile, the lastma official. Is it true ?

ROFLMAO grin grin Good Lord grin !!!!

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by agbameta: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
gramci:

its obvious you work 24hrs shift, other e-urchins go on break but you don't.

What's the incentive?

Get hooked on knowledge and better vocabulary then get back at me... You're dismissed for now.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Sovet: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
GEJ dey work some people the talk lk OBJ.we go see if talk or work na him go win 2015.keep talking and hating the transformers r working nw cos of these project u can go and huge them.if u don't lk him
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Jurgenbill: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Omotosho power plant phase II was started in 2010 by China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC). It has four units with a capacity of 500 MW, and the plant came online in May 2012. The cost of the restoration of 4 Plant units and balance of plant at Omotosho Power Plc. was the sum of USD 10,092,771.15 payable at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of payment, plus N78,753,893.30 (528,898.40 USD) for 5% VAT with a completion period of 6 months. Deborah Brautigam wrote that China Eximbank did not provide financial support for this expansion, which was apparently scaled back to 500MW instead of 750MW, because Nigeria's government defaulted on financing after paying a downpayment. Another source reported that the plant was currently co-operated by CMEC and SEPCO III. The power plant began full operation in December 2012.

http://china.aiddata.org/projects/28087
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by InvertedHammer: 4:35am On Oct 06, 2013

I reserve my comments until I hear about 1 month of uninterrupted power supply.

We have been hearing similar news from time immemorial.

Isn't it appalling that we are still dealing with the same problems that Fela sang about in the 1970s
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by generalcyruss(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2013
We are urgently in need of 20 Tonnages trucks (Box body-Tractor) to convey our light products such as: BISCUITS-Mc-Vite, DAIPERS, KETCHUP, etcetera.

The job is a continous one as we distribute from Lagos (our Head Quarters) across Nigeria to our various warehouses (Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Benue, Kogi, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa, Edo, Delta, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Anambra, Rivers, Ogun, etcetera).

Call: 0803-054-6462-Pastor Cyrus Jesunifemi (generalcyruss@yahoo.com) for details.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by talktimi(m): 8:59am On Oct 06, 2013
BayoAA: I will like to shed some light on this issue. I am directly involved in all these projects (Except Geregu) from inception to their present stages.

Firstly, The only person that does not deserve any credit per power projects is Yar Adua for forestalling these project for over 2 years.

Federal Power projects in Nigeria including NIPP is a brainchild of OBJ. He started all the phase one projects and completed them. This include Olorunsogo Phase I, Omotosho Phase I, Geregu 1. Upon seeing the progress of these projects he devised the NIPP Fast Track projects which are supposed to be completted as fast track project .....meaning as soon as possible to arrest power issue in Nigeria. The plant under this fast track project are Egbema, Gbarain, Calabar, Ihovbor (Benin), Sapele.
Omoku and Alaoji Plants were to compliment the fast track plants while Omotosho and Olorunsogo which were financed partly by the Chinese Government through the Chinese companies that built these plants is another way to built upon the fast track projects

Contracts were signed in 2006 for the fast track projects and Omoku and Alaoji Plant
Although contracts were signed in 2006, what we need to understand is that Turbines are not Tiger generators that you can just go and buy in the shop. Turbines are manufactured base on contract and order...meaning it is after signing the contract that Turbines will be manufactured. Can you imagine how long this will take. Months!!!! We are taking of about over 100000+ precision parts and 300Tonne (300000kg) of materials. All to be manufactured and coupled together.

By the time the machines were shipped to Nigeria, OBJ is almost a "Gonner" even though he tried to fight for a 3rd term.

When Yar Adua came to power, instead of him to continue this project, he started his probes which left all these machines in the port without proper preservation for over 2 years. Some were rotten (Especially the sensitive control systems and electrical panels) while some were even sold by some Nigerian officials.

GEJ moved in swiftly to arrest the power problem in Nigeria by releasing fund to complete these projects. He desErves the Kudo for the continuity in these projects and for funding it after the issues caused by Yar Adua's govt.

The contract for Omotosho II and Olorunsogo II were signed (MOU) in 2007.

dont let agbameta catch you for using your insider position to explain things to us & especially for telling us to give some of the credit of these wonderful successes to Gej. You deY find trouble o, as far as he is concerned even Tinubu, Usman dan Fodio & king Jaja of Opobo deserve more commendation than Gej for the completion of these projects. Its just a friendly advice sha.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by taharqa: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
tamuno-ibiso:

Planned power plants to be commissioned soon b4 first quarter of next year are:

[b]Ihovbor Power Station Benin, Edo State with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Calabar Power Station, Cross River State with the capacity of 5 x 112.5112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Egbema Power Station, Imo State with the capacity of 3 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Gbarain Power Station, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Sapele Power Station, Delta State with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Omoku Power Station, Rivers State with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW).

Ikot Abasi Power Station, Akwa Ibom with the capacity of 2 x 112.5 MW (ISO 126 MW) (replaced later by Ibom Power Station).

Alaoji Power Station, Abia State, combined cycle plant with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 MW (ISO 125 MW) and 2x steam 255 MW

Geregu II Power Station, Kogi State, with the capacity of 434 MW

Omotosho II Power Station, Ondo State, with the capacity of 4 x 112.5 (ISO 125 MW)

Olorunsogo II Power Station, Ogun State, combined cycle plant with the capacity of 4 x 125 MW and 2 x steam 125 MW[/b]

I can't wait to see all these come to reality.
Yea!! That's what we are talking about..
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by Shine1177: 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
To all anti-GEJ fellows on this thread can you just say Fashola's good deeds glory should go to Tinubu since he laid the foundation of all Fashola is doing in Lagos? Some people can be demonically bitter!
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by steveec122(m): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
agbameta:

This is just meaningless gibberish...

when I checked last, the guy got 45Likes for highlighting one of the reasons for abandonment of projects. And you think ur sentimentally derailed brain is better than 45 brains.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by fabulousstan(m): 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
In less than 48hrs, another 500mw will be added. Hope u will b there?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by ikweremilitant: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
wola44: OBJ start the project o
mz fremd shut dat soakaway u cal mouti.obj my foot
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by jmaine: 11:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
ikwere militant: mz fremd shut dat soakaway u cal mouti.obj my foot

You suppose slap that him big kpomo lying lips . . . . grin
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by emmatok(m): 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
BayoAA: I will like to shed some light on this issue. I am directly involved in all these projects (Except Geregu) from inception to their present stages.

Firstly, The only person that does not deserve any credit per power projects is Yar Adua for forestalling these project for over 2 years.

Federal Power projects in Nigeria including NIPP is a brainchild of OBJ. He started all the phase one projects and completed them.

By the time the machines were shipped to Nigeria, OBJ is almost a "Gonner" even though he tried to fight for a 3rd term.

When Yar Adua came to power, instead of him to continue this project, he started his probes which left all these machines in the port without proper preservation for over 2 years. Some were rotten (Especially the sensitive control systems and electrical panels) while some were even sold by some Nigerian officials.

GEJ moved in swiftly to arrest the power problem in Nigeria by releasing fund to complete these projects. He desErves the Kudo for the continuity in these projects and for funding it after the issues caused by Yar Adua's govt.

The contract for Omotosho II and Olorunsogo II were signed (MOU) in 2007.

Thanks for this information.

Some don't even know the ENERGY REFORM BILL was passed and signed by OBJ.

Without that bill no privatization can happen in the Power sectors.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by talktimi(m): 5:13am On Oct 18, 2013
emmatok:

Thanks for this information.

Some don't even know the ENERGY REFORM BILL was passed and signed by OBJ.

Without that bill no privatization can happen in the Power sectors.
sentiments aside and without taking any credit away from Obj. Knowing fully well that govt is a continuum, what should Gej have done in this power issue ? (a) Should he have abandoned ALL projects started by Obasanjo & begin fresh ones even though he might not complete the fresh ones by 2015 in case he loses re election just so that people like @wola44 & @agbameta wont henpeck him out of the unending pure hatred they have for him or (b) should Gej round up with the ones on ground which were at various stages of progress before starting fresh projects so that we ordinary Nigerians can start enjoying the benefits as soon as possible ? Pls lets be honest with ourselves here, pure hatred many commentators here have for Gej should not errode common sense after all we are the final beneficiaries who shall enjoy these things.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by urose93(f): 6:20am On Oct 18, 2013
donphilopus: I reserve my comment for the now, i shall comment later.
But if he likes he should commission the Universe as a whole that doesn't affect me.

because you have said it, you will remain unaffected possitively till 2019. remain in poverty and penury. goat
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by donphilopus: 6:38am On Oct 18, 2013
urose93:
because you have said it, you will remain unaffected possitively till 2019. remain in poverty and penury. goat
Who's this FOOL challanging me?? I can see how your miserable life has been affected positively
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by urose93(f): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2013
[quote
author=donphilopus]Who's this FOOL challanging me?? I can see how your
miserable life has been affected positively[/quote]

how will you see when you dont have eyes and are myopic in thinking. BLIND BAT.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by tamunoibiso(f): 8:06am On Oct 18, 2013
urose93:

SECONDED
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by donphilopus: 8:07am On Oct 18, 2013
urose93:

You don't even know how to quote a post... SMH for you
Re: Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today by donphilopus: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2013
tamuno-ibiso:

SECONDED
SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List / Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / FG Budgets ₦2,178 For Each Citizen’s Healthcare In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.