Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

So I Met This Nigerian Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So I Met This Nigerian Man (3599 Views)

Wow! This Nigerian Couple Broke All Rules In Lagos Beach Wedding (photos) / I Never Knew Some Ladies On Social Media Can Be Real Not Until I met this Girl / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So I Met This Nigerian Man by Cayon(f): 1:07am On Jun 29, 2008
So I met this Nigerian Man at my job.  We've been talking for one week now, mainly at our company's (Societe General) cafeteria.  It's like we see each other and we chit chat.  Yesterday, i sat down in the cafeteria and had lunch with him.   He asked me out, I declined.
I told one of my girlfriends about him asking me out and she said (see below in red).  Honestly, I am not looking for love in my life right now, as I am enjoying my single life. In fact, I am enjoying my single life so much that I had one of the greatest time in Harlem (my favorite place to go shopping/hang out in the summer) today with my daughter.  I even saw the Mosqué (masjid) that one Mus'lim mentioned  to me. 

Nigerian men cannot be trusted !!!! I have been going out with an igbo guy for over 13 years. We both have a daughter together, she is now 5 years.
He took me to Nigeria a few years ago and his family thought when he got back to canada he would have married me.Every time i would ask about marriage, he would say i have to make a few millions before we settle down,to my surprise he went to nigeria 3 years ago and marry another woman without telling me. The family told him not to marry that girl he met on the street, but they could not stop him from doing so.His family did not attend the wedding.At this time he is not speaking to no one in his family, not even his mother.He has been in Nigeria now for the pass 4 months, and up to now he have not even payed his own mother a visit,Can you imagine !!!!
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Ezinwannem: 2:04am On Jun 29, 2008
That is always da case.They just want sum1 to play with here and go back 2 Naija and Marry, I am , about Nigerian men here maself, be very careful

1 Like

Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by lonelypal(m): 2:11am On Jun 29, 2008
@ poster
U have already made ur stance known that u aint ready for any relationship, however i must say ur friend's view on Nigerian guys is simply subjective cos of her bitter experience with her ex. This does not necessarily mean evry nigerian dude out there is irresponsible. My advice is u take time to get to know this guy inside out before u judge him. Then u can make up ur mind if u wanna have anything to do with him
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 2:13am On Jun 29, 2008
@post
That's the spirit!

SINGLE! SINGLE!! SINGLE!! wink

But for not trusting naija men, did you just realize that? Even CNN knows tongue

1 Like

Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by debosky(m): 2:22am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

@post
That's the spirit!

But for not trusting naija men, did you just realize that? Even CNN knows tongue
sharrap jo! angry

Why did you bother to come post this here? If you are so 'secure in your singleness' why then come here to post something simply to debase/insult naija men? Of what benefit is that to you?

So there are no stories of AA men or White men leaving their wives/girlfriends and doing stupid things? I really wonder why you women even bother - STAY OFF NIGERIAN MEN!!

keep to your own kind and save yourself the heartache, all this misrepresentation and painting a whole nation of men with the same brush has become really tiresome. Naija men this naija men that. . . the other day someone was asking what 'you're so sweet' means from a naija man shocked

Since you aren't interested, keep declining and save us the trouble of hearing your sad/bitter story in a couple of months' time.

1 Like

Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by lonelypal(m): 2:25am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

@post
That's the spirit!

the question is - are u single ? and for ow long? do u intend to stay forever?
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 2:26am On Jun 29, 2008
debosky:

sharrap jo! angry
Bite me!

And plzzzz, I hope that essay was not for me o. angry
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 2:27am On Jun 29, 2008
lonelypal:

the question is - are u single ? and for ow long? do u intend to stay forever?
Answer the post or move along. Thank you!
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 29, 2008
Taking a cue from debosky. . . STAY OFF NIGERIAN MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by DisGuy: 2:31am On Jun 29, 2008
so, did u decline because he is Nigerian or simply because you don't want a relationship?
abi wetin be the correlation sef
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by lonelypal(m): 2:41am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

Answer the post or move along. Thank you!
If u read carefully u will realise have done that, wondering y u have a prblm ansring ma question cheesy
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 2:43am On Jun 29, 2008
lonelypal:

If u read carefully u will realise have done that, wondering y u have a prblm ansring ma question cheesy
Why should I have a problem answering it?
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by lonelypal(m): 2:48am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

Why should I have a problem answering it?

cheesy cheesy aslo wondering why, u should have asked ur self same in the first place before jumping into the line cool
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 2:52am On Jun 29, 2008
lonelypal:

cheesy cheesy aslo wondering why, u should have asked your self same in the first place before jumping into the line cool
So not wanting to answer is jumping into the line?
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by TOH(f): 2:55am On Jun 29, 2008
Wow, all this tme I thoight Cayon was actually Nigerian
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by lonelypal(m): 3:06am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

So not wanting to answer is jumping into the line?

no, ur 'SINGLE! stance spirit, lol it aint the spirit gurl, ur compounding her prblms grin
TOH:

Thats the point, she 's here cos she wants ans and not bashing
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 3:10am On Jun 29, 2008
lonelypal:

no, your 'SINGLE! stance spirit, lol it aint the spirit girl, your compounding her prblms grin
How am I compounding her problems? or are you one of those bafoons that thinks a complete woman is a woman in a relationship?
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by lonelypal(m): 3:22am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

How am I compounding her problems? or are you one of those bafoons that thinks a complete woman is a woman in a relationship?

Frm the tone of ur statement i can tell ur single and if not maybe u intend to remain so perhaps frm bitter xperiences frm d past, no hard feelings lady, my point is ur comment on this should not be influenced by the uncompromising stance u have on Nigerian men which obviously is rooted in ur tone of conversation
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Sisikill: 3:31am On Jun 29, 2008
Okay, maybe I'm a li'l slow on the uptake but I don't get the topic.
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 3:31am On Jun 29, 2008
lonelypal:

Frm the tone of your statement i can tell your single and if not maybe u intend to remain so perhaps frm bitter xperiences frm d past, no hard feelings lady, my point is your comment on this should not be influenced by the uncompromising stance u have on Nigerian men which obviously is rooted in your tone of conversation
ROTFLMAO!!
Isn't it just funny how ppl come to a conclusion abt someone else, isn't it?
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by debosky(m): 3:38am On Jun 29, 2008
Sisikill:

Okay, maybe I'm a li'l slow on the uptake but I don't get the topic.

you aren't slowit IS pointless, relating a snippet of a story about being asked out by a naija guy, then getting back to her surreptitious motive - bashing naija men. some dude asked you out, no details on the guy, but we get the life story about some person out there who has no bearing on the man in question, except of course, sharing the same nationality. Rubbish.
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by lonelypal(m): 3:40am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

ROTFLMAO!!
Isn't it just funny how people come to a conclusion about someone else, isn't it?

funny?   maybe someone else would ans that cool

A woman aint complete without a man in her life! GRAB IT!

thats why y'all called WO[b]MAN[/b]  grin grin
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Sisikill: 3:43am On Jun 29, 2008
debosky:

you aren't slowit IS pointless, relating a snippet of a story about being asked out by a naija guy, then getting back to her surreptitious motive - bashing naija men. some dude asked you out, no details on the guy, but we get the life story about some person out there who has no bearing on the man in question. Rubbish.

Oh, okay then.

Thanks.

Hafta remember to always go with my first intincts.
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 3:46am On Jun 29, 2008
lonelypal:

funny? maybe someone else would ans that cool

A woman aint complete without a man in her life! GRAB IT!

thats why y'all called WO[b]MAN[/b] grin grin

Hmmm really?
So what do you call a man without a woman in his life?
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by dreeldee: 3:54am On Jun 29, 2008
@post

Why are you telling us since you're already enjoying your single life Please remain single and incase you changed your mind, please STAY OFF NIGERIAN MEN because they're the worst set of human in the world afterall there are men in somalia,kenya etc angry angry when i say their are sexist, some people say "just yab" *hisssssssssssssss*
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Mesmerize(f): 4:14am On Jun 29, 2008
dreeldee:

@post

Why are you telling us since you're already enjoying your single life Please remain single and incase you changed your mind, please STAY OFF NIGERIAN MEN because they're the worst set of human in the world afterall there are men in somalia,kenya etc angry angry when i say their are sexist, some people say "just yab" *hisssssssssssssss*
hmmm. . coming from a sexist himself!
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Cayon(f): 4:32am On Jun 29, 2008
TOH:

My father is Nigerian, I don't what that makes me?? I love one Nigerian man - my dad, but my dad isnt even decent. i love him but he's not because I still don't understand why he couln't take my mom to visit his family in Nigeria.

As to why I declined his invitation,  besides me enjoying single life -

1) I read lots of negative vibes about Nigerian men on this forum

2) My father never invited my mother to Nigeria

3) afraid

4) to make matters worse - reading one of my girlfriends email.

However, growoing up I always say I'll like to date a Nigerian man all because my father is Nigerian.

I'll ask God to guide me in my choice when I am ready to date again wink
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by debosky(m): 4:36am On Jun 29, 2008
you sound like you've gone through a lot, but it still doesn't justify this thread - what were you hoping to achieve in posting your friend's story? Like you said, there is enough negativity here about naija men, so you decided it wouldn't be complete without your auspicious addition?

Stay single I say, or avoid naija men - if you, an intelligent and educated grown woman thinks this way- that all men in a country can be painted with the same brush, there is no other option
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by Cayon(f): 4:55am On Jun 29, 2008
debosky:

you sound like you've gone through a lot,
Nah, I am just "Picky" with men. I guess it's either my way or lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

debosky:

Stay single I say, or avoid naija men -
What's your reason behind your bold statement?
Bonne nuit -a demain
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by debosky(m): 4:57am On Jun 29, 2008
because no naija man deserves to deal with the built up stereotypes you seem to have developed - you will either attract the kind of man you've imagined (as described by you and your friend) or you will project this image on a hapless man who had no such tendencies in the first instance.

Do your thing girl, but it seems your mind is made up - naija men can't be trusted and all that, so avoid them no?
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by onyinye2(f): 4:59am On Jun 29, 2008
debosky:

because no naija man deserves to deal with the built up stereotypes you seem to have developed - you will either attract the kind of man you've imagined (as described by you and your friend) or you will project this image on a hapless man who had no such tendencies in the first instance.

Do your thing girl, but it seems your mind is made up - naija men can't be trusted and all that, so avoid them no?

hypocrite.
Re: So I Met This Nigerian Man by debosky(m): 5:00am On Jun 29, 2008
care to explain oyinye?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let Us See The Beauty Of Western Nigerian Women. / She Deleted Your Number; BB Pin And Everything About U From Her Phone / Why Is Shopping With A Naija Girl Such A Nightmare?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.