Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme (7435 Views)

World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy / Syntek Global Nigeria- Distributors And Marketers Needed All Over Nigeria / Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by FatherAita(m): 4:05am On Jul 02, 2008
[b]Nigerian, please HELP!!! Where will they site the Nuclear Plant. Please don't bring it to the South-South o! Please site it in Katsina State where Yar' Adua comes from so that if the ever present negligence of Nigerian workers who would man it comes to fore and disaster strikes, let it start from Yar' Adua's state.

I cannot imagine a country that cannot get things right, delving into Nuclear Power. Is it crayfish? Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, UAE, Saudi Arabia etc all don't have Nuclear programmes yet they have electricity, why can't the Nigerian government get their priorities right?

I believe this is another way of stealing Nigeria's money again.

Please instaed of wasting money, follow these few advise

1. Rehabilitate Nigerian Schools & pay Teachers a minimum wage of N50,000 per month (this is not even too mucbut just for a start)
2. Rehabilitate Nigerian Hospitals and pay our Doctors and Nurses well.
3. Bring back Nigeria Airways and let rofessionals manage it.
4. Rehabilitate our roads.
5. Develope alternative energy system e.g. Solar, Wind and Hydro power. Do it with all vigour like your lives depend on it.
6. Suspend Banking licence to any bank that refuses to give loans to genuine small-scale businessmen/women.
7. Start up a programme for Secondary school leavers to learn a trade after they finish SSCE pending the time they get lucky to gain admission to either Poly or University.
8. Begin to arrest and jail government officials who steals money (at least 50 years in jail)

If we do these things, Nigeria will prosper. We don't need Nuclear programme.

Nuclear ko, Atomic ni[/b]
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Blatant: 10:37am On Jul 02, 2008
Please tell me that the Nigerian Government is just having a laugh
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by seunthomas: 11:33am On Jul 02, 2008
For those of you who don't believe Nigeria can successfully implement a nuclear programme, i would like to inform you that certain institutions in this country are already implementing such for several years now. Nigeria is a great country irrespective of our not to great history. Nigeria will one day seat in a comfortable amongst technology advanced countries. It however requires effort from all, cheesy
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by abdurrazaq(m): 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2008
Amen cheesy cheesy
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by faoni572(m): 3:43pm On Jul 02, 2008
My major problem now is to look for a way to get out of this country because I don't want to die from nuclear radiation or from any hazard it will cause. It is obvious that Nigeria can not handle the project.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by skyone(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2008
The government love to dream about good things but don't have the ability to maintain them.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by rancetech(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2008
It really amazes me what type of people we have in this forum. What is Nuclear Power? I bet you, some of them don't have the slightest idea of what it is, and what it could be used for. What we should do is to pray it works, I bet you guys would be the first to enjoy it. I like people who are optimistic, especially when it comes to Nigeria coz I believe that Nigeria is gonna be great.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by rancetech(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2008
Nigeria is definitely going to be great, whether you like it or not.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2008
rancetech:

It really amazes me what type of people we have in this forum. What is Nuclear Power? I bet you, some of them don't have the slightest idea of what it is, and what it could be used for. What we should do is to pray it works, I bet you guys would be the first to enjoy it. I like people who are optimistic, especially when it comes to Nigeria because I believe that Nigeria is going to be great.

ROFLMAO!!!!! OH!!! WE ARE IN TROUBLE OOO!!!!
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by davidif: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2008
ha ha ha ha ha ha,  grin  grin  grin chai chai chai Nigerians una go kill me for laughter, i was reading this in the computer lab and was almost crying with laughter, they truly need to fire those THIS DAY journalists, its as if they hire any body this days, no wonder i blame the university system especially the department of english and journalism. Any way it was good for comic relief he he he. Chai, Nigerians please don't make me laugh myself to death abeg o  grin  grin  grin grin grin
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by davidif: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2008
wonderful wonderful, wonders shall never end in Nigeria he he he.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by seunthomas: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2008
Its like most of you guys don't understand the news report "Nigeria already has a nuclear programme". I did my Industrial Attachment at a company that handled the design of a facility for one of the two nuclear research centers in the country that i am aware of. Both nuclear programmes are basically for research purposes not for energy generation. They actually took very great care in the design and implementation. So i don't know what the pessimism about a nuclear programme.
I don't however no about the governments intention to use nuclear energy. But even with that i think we can handle it with some care and technical know-how. Both centers have existed for more than 3 years now and most of you guys don't know about. Is Nigeria not great
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by unit(f): 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2008
@seunthomas

lets be real with ourselves, nuclear programme for reseach is different from trying to provide energy for the nation.Can a government that can't/won't stop bunkering and pipeline vandalisation be able to ensure the safety of a nuclear plant?
Corruption is killing the masses already,do we have to use radiation to wipe ourselves from the surface of the earth?
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by texazzpete(m): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2008
seunthomas:

Its like most of you guys don't understand the news report "Nigeria already has a nuclear programme". I did my Industrial Attachment at a company that handled the design of a facility for one of the two nuclear research centers in the country that i am aware of. Both nuclear programmes are basically for research purposes not for energy generation. They actually took very great care in the design and implementation. So i don't know what the pessimism about a nuclear programme.
I don't however no about the governments intention to use nuclear energy. But even with that i think we can handle it with some care and technical know-how. Both centers have existed for more than 3 years now and most of you guys don't know about. Is Nigeria not great

You've already done your industrial attachment. That means you're probably in 400L at least.

if at this stage you don't know the difference between 'nuclear research' and 'nuclear reactor', then you better leave school and save your parents the extra cash. Education isn't doing you any good.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by na2day2(m): 2:16am On Jul 05, 2008
nuclear gini? make una no make me die of laughter, we never sabi how to handle nepa na nuclear matter we wan begin dey do. follow follow go kill us. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by k9ine(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2008
THEY VE STARTED AGAIN O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

THIS IS A COUNTRY WHERE MERE ROAD MAINTENANCE IS NOT GAURANTEED, INFACT ITS A PRIVILEDGE THAT A ROAD IS FIXED FOR THE USERS AND LOCALITY.

LETS NOT GO TO THE HEALTH SECTOR, INADEQUATE FUNDIND STAFFING, N INFRASTRUCTURE.
ONLY GOD KNOWS D INADEQUACIES.

IN THE NAME OF OUR CHILDREN AND CHILDREN YET UNBORN: NIGERIA IS NOT RIPE FOR A NUCLEAR PROGRAMME(REMEMBER IKEJA CANTONEMENT INCIDENCE)[color=#990000]
[color=#990000][/color]

LET GOVT DEDICATE HER ENERGY TO WIND, SOLAR ENERGY.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by troy34(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2008
since when did we start nuclear programmes we have not solved problems like PHCN we are talking about nuclear programme its just a means to put Naija on international news scene grin
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by na2day2(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2008
nuclear ko, secular ni lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by ayinba1(f): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2008
Nucular wetin? Abeg this one pass joke. grin
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by ayinba1(f): 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2008
Quick correction please, I am not a pessimist.

It is funny because "G8" (according to "This Day") is concerned about it.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by damola1: 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2008
Make Nigeria no even go that side at all,

na him OBJ GO USE do come back and threaten political opporutnity in 2011, or if he want do coup!!!

Nigeria ke?,  Error!

Can't forget JAN. 27TH, u come dey talk nuclear, big error!
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by kaypound(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2008
rubbish,it can never be possible.the whole world will laugh at our stupidity
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by ogbendibe: 7:33am On Jul 11, 2008
PLEASE MY BROTHERS U CAN NOT COMPARE NIGERIA WITH INDIA AND PAKISTAN.THEY ARE MANY LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF NIGGA.THEY HAVE MORE INDUSTRIES ENOUGH TO GO ROUND NIGERIA STATES 4 EACH IN A STATE.U TALKED ABOUT IRAN,IT IS CLEAR RUSSIA AND CHINA ARE BEHIND THERE NUCLEAR PROGRAM BT WHAT ABOUT COMMITMENT OF IRAINIANS TO ACHIEVE THESE EVEN UNDER WESTERN PRESSURE? I TELL U, VERY GREAT COMMITMENT.THE 16BILLION DOLLARS SPENT BY OBJ'S REGIME ON ENERGY,MORE THAN HALF THE BILLIONS WAS HANDLED BY FORIEGN CONTRACTORS WHAT HAPPEN, IT FAILED.SO WHETHER THERE IS A POSSIBILTY THAT OUR NUCLEAR PROJECT WILL FAIL,I WILL SAY YES EXCEPT THIS TIME AROUND,OUR LEADERS WILL DO BETTER.THKS
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by skolche: 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2008
talk2mi u know talk about aircraft wen dey disappear for air. abeg our problem for naija be say we no sabi our priority and we dey wan place our hand where we never reach,
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by faoni572(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2008
@rancetech
It really amazes me what type of people we have in this forum. What is Nuclear Power? I bet you, some of them don't have the slightest idea of what it is, and what it could be used for. What we should do is to pray it works, I bet you guys would be the first to enjoy it. I like people who are optimistic, especially when it comes to Nigeria because I believe that Nigeria is going to be great.

yah I pray that Nigeria should be great. Is Nigeria going to be great with the corrupt leaders we have in the country? Pls can u tell me anything that have succeded in this country before?

Thanks
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 16, 2008
we'd better be smart on how we convince bush (and maybe obama) that there is no qualms in our nuclear programme, because it only requires a twitch on bush's face and lipsrsealed
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by tulk2mi: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Skolche
My Guy how many i go fit talk, i just dey point out the futility of the project plus d security threat wey we go face if govt decide 2 go thro wit dis proj. my bros na only GOD fit helep us. 4get d blind patrotism wey some dey yearn here, who talk say we no want good 4 naija but practically with d current state of curruption 4 we country how we wan came take manage without d threat of disaster looming. think am patriotic niajarian lipsrsealed
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Amanijuls: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2008

There's actually alot to be scared of wen it comes to nuclear waste.
Gues we stil have a long way to go.
Lets keep praying for our country cos it has alot to do with us.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by thando(f): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2008
hopefully nothing goes wrong .do ppl know the destruction that would follo if anithin goes wrong not just us but generations 2 follo the whole of africa n maybe middle east should be worried , if the g8 is
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by kikisam: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
there so many birds that desire to fly but can never because they are wingless or too heavy to carry themselves same with this nuclear programme, G8 should worry over things with prority and not a project that has no plan, agenda, strategy.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by TCUBE(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2008
nigeria? nuclear, we are stil have problems handling hydro and here we are talking about nuclear, lol very funny , osama must be very happy abt this , all he has to do his bribe his way through, its naija,
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Amujale(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2008
'Tis about time that we pulled our weight; as u may have suspected, i am in support of the programe in as much that it is used in the defence of Nigerian soil. Assuming we attain such technological advancement, there would be a deterant against the 'big bullies'. South Africa has got it, with grit and responsibility we would do just fine with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$35 Billion Foreign Reserve Was Mismanaged - Obasanjo / I Need A Feasibility Study For A Small Bakery / CBN Pledges To Sustain Dollar Injection In FX Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.