Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme (7437 Views)

World Bank Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s Economy / Syntek Global Nigeria- Distributors And Marketers Needed All Over Nigeria / Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2008
roflmao!!!! oh my goodness!!!!
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by freshB2: 2:38am On Jul 23, 2008
With knees on earth i plead that Biafra secedes before Nigeria will commit genocide
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by okuomose3(m): 3:36am On Jul 23, 2008
One good thing about we Nigerians is that we love our country very well. But the problems are the people that are leading us! Our leaders don't think or reason the way we ordinary Nigerians are reasoning, this is the problem!!
Look at a state like Lagos that house millions of people and one cannot move around the city freely without 6 hours traffic. Why can't we thing of building a Subway system that will enable us move around our big cities freely without the hassles of 6-10 hrs traffic jam?
Talking of nuclear cool But we have to think of our transportation first and then Electricity then we can now be thinking of a nuclear energy

What we should do is finding away to elect a God fearing president that we fear God and rule our country the way of God and think good for our Country not only for himself! Lagos need Subway or even Sky train that will run from Alaba International market - Apapa - Oshodi - Lagos Island - Ojota - Iyaba - Ikeja.

All small small countries like Even Thailand that don't even have 3/4 of the oil we have can build a Fast train in their city Bangkok, why can't big and RICH COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA DO IT!!! How do we move forward? Now that the Oil that we have are sold over US$130/br and we export over 1.5million barrels a day and we have not seen where all the money is going and we are thinking of nuclear! Instead of us to rise up and ask our leaders to do something about our Electricity problems, Our roads, Our water, and request to build a Subway for our big cities!! We are hear discussing about Nuclear that will take us all to Hell! Did any of you think America we stay back and just watch Nigeria building Nuclear or will the rest of the world just be looking and be laughing? Or did you want us to be like Iraq, Iran, and North Korea?

I beg you all. We need to talk of something that will benefit us. Not the thing that will destroy us. I love my country Nigeria so much and I know there is no other country I will ever be proud of beside Nigeria my mother Land!! Let us all think of how to make Nigerians happy, good living for our citizens, better housing for the poor, good transportations system etc.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by freshB2: 4:42am On Jul 23, 2008
okuomose3

"One good thing about we Nigerians is that we love our country very well. "
"I beg you all. We need to talk of something that will benefit us. Not the thing that will destroy us. I love my country Nigeria so much and I know there is no other country I will ever be proud of beside Nigeria my mother Land!! Let us all think of how to make Nigerians happy, good living for our citizens, better housing for the poor, good transportations system etc."

Sorry I do not think you have any right to impose on me a Full Blooded Biafran to love Nigeria when my people with all their capabilities, capacities, competences, and other resources including oil are dehumanised.
To make Nigeria happy implies enslaving the Igbo man. To make all happy connotes the secession of the Igboman and the permit to Nigerians to have their nuclear warhead
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by okuomose3(m): 5:17am On Jul 23, 2008
We all have one problem or the other against our leaders and that will not lead to say we don't love our country. If you cannot love your only one Nigeria, which country can you love? You will go and love USA or Germany or Iraq?
Welther we like it or not, we have to love our home and build it well for our children. I cannot call any other country my home country except Nigeria. I am in USA right now and I have lived in Europe before I moved here and I have not seen nowhere that will ever make me proud like Nigeria. Here in USA and in Europe as well, we are like second type of human why there are other people that call themselves the real human. Things like that don’t happen in Nigeria. We respect even foreigners than our own Nigerians. Welther black or brown or white, we respect you and even care for you than our own people.

[tr]Fresh-B
Full Blooded Biafran to love Nigeria when my people with all their capabilities, capacities, competences, and other resources including oil are dehumanized[/tr]

That is why we have to plan good for our country now and fine good solutions to our problem and make our children and every citizen of our country happy and live a better life. The rest of the world will run to us as we are running to their country now to enslave ourselves for money. They can come to us if we plan our own future right now!!!

This is not the time for Nuclear! We need Water, Electricity, Good transportation system like Subway/Sky Train, and our teachers and police need to get their salaries on time to avoid bribing and corruptions.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by freshB2: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2008
okuomose3

Here in USA and in Europe as well, we are like second type of human why there are other people that call themselves the real human. Things like that don’t happen in Nigeria. We respect even foreigners than our own Nigerians. Welther black or brown or white, we respect you and even care for you than our own people.

from your language i can see that it hurts you that you are seen as a second type human in a foreign land (which is even good). because you don't even know the pains we take as non-type human (which is far below second type human) in OUR own fathers land after WE helped bring independence and still feed the same nation.

you claim there isnt any second type human in Nigeria. Speak to those youre in their land whom you say call themselves the real human about your status as "second class citizen" as referred to by Buchi Emecheta. Their response? Definitely. "There is no such thing here. No discrimination of all type." yet some animals are more important than the others.
The fact is that because you guys disregard and discriminate and loot and war against the Igbos, you will never feel or see your crime.

I repeate do not try to dogmatise about loving Nigeria. I do not call Nigeria or anywhere else my country. I HAVE ONLY ONE COUNTRY CALLED BIAFRA.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Mpele(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2008
The G8 countries are right, a country like Nigeria can't be allowed to have a Nuclear Programme. The next minute a dictator will come from nowhere and use it on his own people. The thing is the Nuclear programme is a not a danger to Africa but to Nigeria itself. The only country capable of harming Nigeria is Nigeria itself.

South Africa have been having nuclear weapons for over 40 years now. We've never used them. Even the apartheid government did not use them. The nuclear programme will only be used if any country declare war on us and our neighbours that includes smaller ones like (Swaziland, Lesotho and Namibia)
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by okuomose3(m): 12:47am On Jul 24, 2008
We only have one thing to say: God have mercy on us and take control of all our problems. We cannot fight it ourselves! Not even with the so call Nuclear or anything else. Prayer and loving ourselves and our Land that we will duel forever is the only key to our happiness and answer to all answered questions.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by sibrahim1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2008
ITS ALWAYS GOOD WHEN WE TRY AND APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAVE AND GIVE MORE OF ENCOURAGING WORDS,
BUT I MUST SAY THAT NIGERIA IS VERY GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO INITIATING GOOD IDEAS,BUT VERY POOR WHEN IT COMES TO MAINTAINING SUCH IDEAS TO LAST THE TEST OF TIME.

ITS A SHAME THAT IN 48YEARS WE STILL DONT HAVE A STABLE POWER SUPPLY,AND THE NEXT THING TO THINK OF IS NUCLEAR POWER PLANT.AM SO SORRY FOR NIGERIANS,CAUSE THIS PROJECT WILL NEVER LAST THE TEST OF TIME,RATHER IT WILL JUST LOOT AWAY BILLIONS OF NAIRA.

MORESO,IF YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN A NUCLEAR POWER STATION,WE WILL KNOW THAT ITS NOT SOMETHING NIGERIA WITH THIS LEVEL OF CORRUPTION AND INDISCIPLINE CAN HANDLE,

PLEASE SAHRE YOUR VIEWS.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by okuomose3(m): 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2008
One good thing about we Nigerians is that we love our country very well. But the problems are the people that are leading us! Our leaders don't think or reason the way we ordinary Nigerians are reasoning, this is the problem!!
Look at a state like Lagos that house millions of people and one cannot move around the city freely without 6 hours traffic. Why can't we thing of building a Subway system that will enable us move around our big cities freely without the hassles of 6-10 hrs traffic jam?
Talking of nuclear But we have to think of our transportation first and then Electricity then we can now be thinking of a nuclear energy

What we should do is finding away to elect a God fearing president that we fear God and rule our country the way of God and think good for our Country not only for himself! Lagos need Subway or even Sky train that will run from Alaba International market - Apapa - Oshodi - Lagos Island - Ojota - Iyaba - Ikeja.

All small small countries like Even Thailand that don't even have 3/4 of the oil we have can build a Fast train in their city Bangkok, why can't big and RICH COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA DO IT!!! How do we move forward? Now that the Oil that we have are sold over US$130/br and we export over 1.5million barrels a day and we have not seen where all the money is going and we are thinking of nuclear! Instead of us to rise up and ask our leaders to do something about our Electricity problems, Our roads, Our water, and request to build a Subway for our big cities!! We are hear discussing about Nuclear that will take us all to Hell! Did any of you think America we stay back and just watch Nigeria building Nuclear or will the rest of the world just be looking and be laughing? Or did you want us to be like Iraq, Iran, and North Korea?

I beg you all. We need to talk of something that will benefit us. Not the thing that will destroy us. I love my country Nigeria so much and I know there is no other country I will ever be proud of beside Nigeria my mother Land!! Let us all think of how to make Nigerians happy, good living for our citizens, better housing for the poor, good transportations system etc.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Larrydee(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
people, people, we realise no doubt dat nigeria is a corrupt, country full of careless individuals but lets not bad mouth d proposed nuclear project b4 it even starts. remember, there's power in wat u say and if y'all maintain dat nuclear power in naija is crap, how then do u expect to see it work out. also think of wat u y'all can contribute to d development of d country rather than frown at government efforts.
no hard feelings
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by c33b33(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
I don't think they have what to think about, make them go sit down!
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by ocelot2006(m): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2009
I personally think nuclear generated power is actually a good thing due to the clean nature of this form of power generation and the efficiency of nuclear-powered plants. The use of nuclear power takes away much load from fossil fuels. However, my concerns are with maintenance, security, and diposal of nuclear waste generated. The very last thing I want is another Chernobyl here in Nigeria.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Beaf: 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2009
Mpele:

The G8 countries are right, a country like Nigeria can't be allowed to have a Nuclear Programme. The next minute a dictator will come from nowhere and use it on his own people. The thing is the Nuclear programme is a not a danger to Africa but to Nigeria itself. The only country capable of harming Nigeria is Nigeria itself.

South Africa have been having nuclear weapons for over 40 years now. We've never used them. Even the apartheid government did not use them. The nuclear programme will only be used if any country declare war on us and our neighbours that includes smaller ones like (Swaziland, Lesotho and Namibia)

Say what you know. South Africa gave up nuclear weapons long ago at the end of apartheid.
The only reason the g8 is scared of Nigeria's Nuclear programme is the almajiri's up North. G8 see's links between all moslems and alqaeda, even where these links don't exist.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Onlytruth(m): 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2009
The G8 is 100% correct in their concern. Nigeria has an ignoble past (genocide against its own citizens) and has poor leadership culture. If Nigerian government has even big non-nuclear bombs today, do you think they won't use it against MEND and Niger delta? Someone (N'allah) was already calling for the killing of 20 million Nigerians in the delta. Anything that has weapon making potential MUST be withheld from Nigeria until a true and stable nation emerges.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Onlytruth(m): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2009
Nigeria and nuclear power, someone is planning another genocide grin grin grin
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by ezeagu(m): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2009
If Nigeria even attempts to create a nuclear program [size=18pt]we are finished[/size], I pray to God this plan fails at that, the planning stage.

Onlytruth:
Nigeria has an ignoble past (genocide against its own citizens) and has poor leadership culture.

Abeg leave "Ignoble", Nigeria has an abominable past! grin
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by sley4life(m): 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2009
Y would they b worried. I hope 9ja wont turn iran over night
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 18, 2011
There are many of you who hate Nigeria in this website, you people are even mocking my great nation. Don't worry we are coming for you.
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2011
patriot2:

There are many of you who hate Nigeria in this website, you people are even mocking my great nation. Don't worry we are coming for you.

U bung-hole, no Nigerian hates Nigeria, 99% of Nigerians Hate Corrupt Politicians, Religious Leaders (Muslim/Christian) and Deperado Citiziens who will lick any corrupt leader's monkey-balls for a bowl of rice. If you are a patriot then you must know Nigerians Hate Patriots who do nothing but post on Nairaland
Re: G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme by Gbenge77(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2011
Nigeria should opt for coal as power source and abandon the Nuclear programme.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$35 Billion Foreign Reserve Was Mismanaged - Obasanjo / I Need A Feasibility Study For A Small Bakery / CBN Pledges To Sustain Dollar Injection In FX Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.