Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,875 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools (10372 Views)

Ifa Worshippers Offer To Fight Boko Haram / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Buhari Busted! Waec/cambridge Did Not Offer Hausa As Subject In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by joseph1832(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Italiano1:

What exactly do you mean by "imposition" and if other Governors decide to do the same, it is their prerogative and good-luck to them

Point noted!
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pukkah: 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
@Gbawe, that Ogberikusa/Bishop Lijadu post is very incisive and enjoyable.

With that single post, you demonstrated the richness of Yoruba philosophy, the depth of the Ifa concept, without forgeting to show the famed Yoruba tolerance.

Welldone.

Even those that mischievously started the thread must now be GREEN with envy and/or RED with embarrassment.

3 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pukkah: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Leward:
you seem to have forgotten the era of human sacrifices and diabological evil, if you've been slapped with one of these 'funnx diabological' rings before, you won't be spewing this nonsense.
I'm from ibadan so i knw what i'm talking about.

What's it about Ibadan that you know? Spill it.

Do you know how Christianity was before the present age?
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
tomakint:
Don't commit the fallacy of taking all religion to be one, they are not! Allah is not the same thing as Yahweh (Hebrew God Christians worship) neither is Olodumare (god of esin abalaye) the same as the christian God. Science is good and to an extent complement religion but religion appeals to spiritual things while science is logic. I am a christian and you?

Let me ask you a question.

Do you think the world was created by different gods?

Religion is man made and usually derived from culture and background; spirituality, on the other hand, is from God (whatever name you have for him) and it is universal.

2 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by obayaya(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
I think subjects like this should be made compulsory.. we all need to go back to our roots and understand our traditional cultures and values

3 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pukkah: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
Katsumoto:

Religion is man made and usually derived from culture and background; spirituality, on the other hand, is from God (whatever name you have for him) and it is universal.

Thank you Katsumoto on that simple to understand distinction between religion and spirituality. You're a teacher.

Many people have got it all mixed up.

No one who truly understands spirituality will condemn Ifa.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by 1radioguru1: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: Define tolerance in this context.

Please, can you give us a verifiable example of intolerance exhibited by the Igbos (ethnic group) in any circumstance against any other ethnic or religious group?

during my nysc days an hijab wearing yoruba lady was attack along the street of fegge in onisha. Even with her edo friend pleading on her behalf running into onitsha south local government saved the day. They could have lynched the innocent girl. Couple with numerous peaceful northerners maimed and thrown inside the river niger on numerous occasion. Why are there only 2 mosque in the whole of onitsha and two in the whole of awka. Even in northern nigerian interior there numerous churches. Igbos and hausas are on the same level of religious intolerance till date catholics getting married to anglicians is still frowned at by most anambrians.

7 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pataki: 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ifeanyi disgracing himself again with his ignorance. I can only but laugh at his utter stewpeedity.

Does he not know that even IFA is used to explain binary numbers which gave rise to the knowledge of computers in this day and age? cheesy

How I wish this gracious opportunity that Aregbesola is presenting had occurred during my own time of primary and secondary education.

4 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by tomakint: 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Katsumoto:
Religion is man made and usually derived from culture and background
The world's creation was by God (Yahweh) Religion was man's creation and to me a tool of oppresion because Jesus never preached it but he laid emphasis on the Golden Rule and spirituality why? Everything that has to do with worshipping God subsist on spirituality! Esin Abalaye employs diabolical means of worship!

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Desola(f): 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ifa olokun asoro dayo.

2 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by MayorofLagos(m): 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pataki: Ifeanyi disgracing himself again with his ignorance. I can only but laugh at his utter stewpeedity.

Does he not know that even IFA is used to explain binary numbers which gave rise to the knowledge of computers in this day and age? cheesy

How I wish this gracious opportunity that Aregbesola is presenting had occurred during my own time of primary and secondary education.

You know! cheesy

This is what Fashola should look into instead of teaching us Chinese.

OSUN O NI BAJE OOO!!
AREGBE FOR PRESIDENT!

3 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by 1radioguru1: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pataki: Ifeanyi disgracing himself again with his ignorance. I can only but laugh at his utter stewpeedity.

met an american software analyist in oau. Writing is ph.d thesis on ifa workings with programming languages. Why won't they been green of envy where else apart from their enclave is their language and culture celebrated. Ours is celebrated in africa, americas and the carribeans. How manyof their superstars wanna be associated with them. Your foremost musicians sing in your native lingo and the world cherish them and your language asa, fela, lagaja and angelica kidjo just to mention a few.

3 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by 1radioguru1: 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
tomakint:
The world's creation was by God (Yahweh) Religion was man's creation and to me a tool of oppresion because Jesus never preached it but he laid emphasis on the Golden Rule and spirituality why? Everything that has to do with worshipping God subsist on spirituality! Esin Abalaye employs diabolical means of worship!

who is this confused low self esteem simpleton. Today holding brief for judiasm tomorrowfor christianity. An unexpose ninny that is ignorance about islamic ritual in the biggest church in christianity. A doctor friend was surprised when he was ask to perform ablution in the church of nativity during is pilgramage.

7 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pataki: 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Desola: Ifa olokun asoro dayo.
Hmmmmm......ododo oro arabinrin Desola. Beeni oh! Ifa is WYSIWYG. That is: ohun ti ifa ba wi, ni ifa ma se.

Mayor_of_Lagos:

You know! cheesy

This is what Fashola should look into instead of teaching us Chinese.

OSUN O NI BAJE OOO!!
AREGBE FOR PRESIDENT!

Learning foreign languages is quite good to be honest. I would rather French rather than Chinese though. We are surrounded by French speaking countries, and these French speaking countries do actually teach their own citizens English language.

1radioguru1:

met an american software analysis in oau. Writing is ph.d thesis on ifa workings with programming languages. Why won't they been green of envy where else apart from their enclave is their language and culture celebrated. Ours is celebrated in africa, americas and the carribeans. How manyof their superstars wanna be associated with them. Your foremost musicians sing in your native lingo and the world cherish them and your language asa, fela, lagaja and angelica kidjo just to mention a few.
I was intrigued when I came across the knowledge and evolution of IFA. How it equally validates the concept of BODMAS. I think in the years coming, Osun state indigenes might be leading in technological innovations relating to webspace and programming in this country and globally.

In the coming years of cyber warfare globally, who says IFA - ''olokun asoro dayo'' cannot be used to strategically understand and eliminate any form cyber warfare! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by nduchucks: 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
The day you people use your Ifa to give us things like constant electricity is the day I'll start taking Kafiris seriously.

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by luvmijeje(f): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
Admittedly, christianity and Islam has done a lot of damages to our culture by demonising traditional religion through their teachings. So this is a beautiful idea.
@Gbawe, thanks for that link. The writing style and the story delivery was so captivating to the extent I was hoping it will not end.
I still believe one of the best way to propagate this is through our local movie industry and they are already doing a fantastic job, I've learnt so much from there.

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Ngwakwe: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
I used the word verifiable.

Post the photographs of the assault or any link to verify this your story.

You better keep shut if you don't have any.

1radioguru1:
[s]
during my nysc days an hijab wearing yoruba lady was attack along the street of fegge in onisha. Even with her edo friend pleading on her behalf running into onitsha south local government saved the day. They could have lynched the innocent girl. Couple with numerous peaceful northerners maimed and thrown inside the river niger on numerous occasion. Why are there only 2 mosque in the whole of onitsha and two in the whole of awka. Even in northern nigerian interior there numerous churches. Igbos and hausas are on the same level of religious intolerance till date catholics getting married to anglicians is still frowned at by most anambrians[/s].

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pukkah: 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
ndu_chucks: The day you people use your Ifa to give us things like constant electricity is the day I'll start taking Kafiris seriously.

You're not willing to abide by the teachings of Ifa but you want the benefits from a "kafiri's" religion.

Is that not hypocrisy?

You condescendingly referred to them as 'kafiris' but you want them to give you electricity? Does that not amount to behaving like a 'munafiq'?

2 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by MafiaMan: 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
ndu_chucks: The day you people use your Ifa to give us things like constant electricity is the day I'll start taking Kafiris seriously.

Uwarka da ubanka ne kafirai!

The day you blood sucking demons start powering turbines with the blood of innocent children you savages suck on per second basis, that day we will start taking you heartless terrorist serious.

Sai na yi kulikuli da gindin uwarka in ka sake kiranmu kafirai.

3 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by 1radioguru1: 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: I used the word verifiable.

Post the photographs of the assault or any link to verify this your story.

You better keep shut if you don't have any.

what is this dumbell yeaping about. Something that happens in my presence. Talking to empty headed goons like you is a waste of bandwidth.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2013

How can something (Ifa) produce another thing (electricity) that it doesn't seek to produce?

To produce something, don't you have to conceptualize it first?

What part of Ifa divination seeks to produce electrical energy?

Can you produce Tuwo by throwing stones at a wall? To produce tuwo, will you not follow the necessary steps required to produce it?

Do you see where I am going with this? Results ARE associated with the actions which produce them.

Only fools eat corn like a fowl and expect to lay eggs like the fowl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pataki: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Katsumoto:

How can something (Ifa) produce another thing (electricity) that it doesn't seek to produce?

Can you produce Tuwo by throwing stones at a wall? To produce tuwo, will you not follow the necessary steps required to produce it?

Do you see where I am going with this? Results ARE associated with the actions which produce them.

I am highly humbled by this intellectual submission!

Only fools eat corn like a fowl and expect to lay eggs like the fowl! Oro nla to mu ashiwere back to his senses!!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by MafiaMan: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
Katsumoto:

Allow me the honour of placing that blood sucking aboki to where he belongs. I'm more Hausa than him, cos I got A1 in the cow language he just spoke (This is by no means a way of disrespecting the sensible Hausa Nlanders)

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by malc619(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
Katsumoto:

Wow!!

Now that's a K.O!!!...
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by nduchucks: 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mafia Man:

The day you blood sucking demons start powering turbines with the blood of innocent children you savages suck on per second basis, that day we will start taking you heartless terrorist serious.

Olopa ewontekpe.

@Katsumoto, are you a Ifa Priest? One would have thought not.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by nduchucks: 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
La ilaha illa Allah - There is no God but the Almighty. He that has ears, let him/her hear.

Orun apandi awaits Kafiris

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Katsumoto: 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Olopa ewontekpe.

grin grin grin grin

I don't have to be an Ifa Priest to embrace the philosophy.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by nduchucks: 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin

I don't have to be an Ifa Priest to embrace the philosophy.

Please share this philosophy which you embrace with us, that is, if you indeed have the knowledge. I'm all ears and I know that you never shy away from challenges such as this.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by Pukkah: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Olopa ewontekpe.

Open your mind ndu_chucks.

You don't have to be a pastor before you know the creed of Christianity. You don't have to be a muslim cleric before you acquaint yourself/appreciate the concept of Islam.

Open your mind to see how profound Ifa is.

It is not inferior to ANY religion in the world. It is rich. It is full. It is robust.

Learning about it doesn't invalidate your religion. Your religion even encourages you to learn.

Ifa is not evil and it permeates everything in more ways than you know or willing to admit.

1 Like

Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by AndreUweh(m): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy: Some people have lost root completely with their origin......even their language is dying.

If we can study borrowed religions from the Middle East, why can we do the same with our own?
For the first time in your post, you have made sense. Your bigoted posts in the past makes one wonder if you are a no brainer.
Kudos.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by nduchucks: 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
@Pukkah, I hereby extend the same request I made to Katsumoto to you sir. I'm all ears.
Re: Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools by AndreUweh(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mr Aregbesola has a very good idea here. But it should not be introduced in secondary schools but in the universities in Osun state just like philosophy is introduced in secondary schools but in universities.
The state should lay more emphasis on those areas Tomakint earlier highlighted in this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asari-dokubo Did Not Promise Bloodshed If Jonathan Not Re-elected - Okupe / 2023: Women’s Group Backs Osinbajo, Seeks Buhari’s Support / FG Can’t Recover ₦10bn Tradermoni, To Begin Second Tranche Of Disbursements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.