Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola (24161 Views)

Budgit And Tracka: Track All State, Project Allocations And State Of Completion / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2013
CABLE CAR EXPERIENCE IS REALLY AWESOME, Just come to the Ranch in CROSS RIVER STATE and have a feel. the longest cable car in West Africa (wiki)

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2013
gregg2: Bunch of greedy criminals

1) Where is the Lekki International Airport he promised us will be ready by December 2012?

2) What about the Lekki Seaport?

3) Where are the trains we were told he ordered from Canada since 2011?

4) Why is he abandoning the much hyped Lagos - Badagry expressway that he lobbied Fed Govt to handover to him?

5) Why is a state like Lagos still without portable pipeborne water?

Fashola and Tinubu will never complete a Project unless they have a share in it, am happy after his 8 years in office, and all the hype about him the "Messiah" of the SW and yoruba went abroad for a common Knee treatment,leaving the common Lagosian to LASU teaching hospital --- what makes him different from PDP, and they call themselves the hope of Nigeria
Rubbbisshhh

16 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2013
meccuno: the surprising thing is that when issues like this are read and disseminated,people rejoice....it is a good development,but i still think it is very unnecessary...there are very basic things that are begging for attention in Lagos like good roads,security,health facilities,and the most important of all,education.....if he had channeled these large sums of money to education,i believe Lagos would be a better place.......and am very sure that the project would be on the island.....i will not congratulate this guy on structures that he puts on the island because the island residents are not the people that voted for him alone.........hope its not a question of the tail wagging the dog again......

Look, this is becoming tiring. Would it kill you guys to even do a few seconds of research before you speak ignorantly and sway opinions against others wrongly? It is not Fashola or Lagos sponsoring this.

Do your your research, as an educated person, so you can become part of the solution instead of an encumbrance to the progress of your nation and a needless nuisance to administrators genuinely trying to make a difference. There is already a map I presented earlier showing the route of the cable line (see it again below) yet you prefer to embrace ignorance and stoke disaffection against Fashola with the usual "am very sure that the project would be on the island" accusation. Na wa for you guys sha.

http://www.trico-capital.com/projects/view/1/Lagos-Cable-Car-Transport-Project

Lagos Cable Car Transport Project
Projects >Lagos Cable Car Transport…

Lagos Cable Car
Trico Capital is the Financial Adviser to Ropeways Transport Limited, the sponsors of the US$275million transport project to develop a 12.85 km network of cable cars serving the metropolis of Lagos and connecting Lagos Island with both the mainland and Victoria Island, using Doppelmayr proprietary 3S technologies.

With over 20 million inhabitants, Lagos is a rapidly growing megacity. The existing roadway infrastructure in which the current mass transport options rely, is heavily overcrowded with Lagosians spending up to 6 hours of their work day commuting in heavy traffic.

The cable car transport project, which will be affordable to all, will act to relieve pressure on the traffic system and reduce average journey times by as much as 70 minutes each way, with 9,000 vehicles taken off the roads each day, alleviating congestion and reducing pollution.

With construction planned to commence in 2013 and operations starting in 2014/2015, the project comprises some 8 stations in three routes beginning at Ijora, Apapa and Victoria Island respectively and with a central hub around Adeniji Adele. The system will be designed to accommodate up to 240,000 trips daily. Financing will be met by through a consortium of local sponsors and international and local financial institutions lead by the African Development Bank (Afdb).

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by victorazy(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2013
kettykin: Super story !!!
Yes for now until is done!
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

2 million people, definitely an exaggeration. But traffic on the waterways is increasing.

But his healthcare record isn't that poor tho. He's refurbished a number of general hospitals and health centers, pregnant women are treated for free in government facilities, and seniors are subsidized. I would say 55% pass mark for healthcare. The real failure is in education.

Well, personally in terms of road network, Fashola has a very low score. Even in some highbrow areas, the roads are just bad. Some roads are do not have potholes but the roughness of these road is crazy....You wonder maybe they were contructed by Barbers ( With all due respect to barbers). Look at Ojodu Berger - Omole-Ogba, Or the road in from of Fela's Shrine. A lot of the roads inside Alausa are not good. It is only executives with solid shock absobers enjoys these roads.
Lastly, Ikorodu people need road, I mean township roads.

The guy is trying though but there are still a lot to be done.......and done rightly.
Eko o ni baje o!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by mojeer678: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2013
texazzpete: 2 million people transported daily via water? I find this figure hard to believe.

Fashola is doing an Ok job though. Sometimes it's almost easy to forget his poor record in health care and the pitiable state of roads in some of the less celebrated areas in Lagos

All these are hype. Cable car? Why, if at all this is necessary in the first place, is it Apapa, Ikoyi, VI et.c we read projects being executed at whopping sums while Amukoko, Agbelekale, Ajangbadi, Oke- Koto et al. are relegated into the background with their terrible roads and absence of utilities like the provision of potable water, access to affordable and good health care and security are mirage to these residents of Lagos State, until election year when they would be wooed with packets of Annapurna salt (made in Ghana, by the way) and more promises.

If this is not a character (or the lack of it) issue, then I wonder how these fellows could with a straight face come out and say they care about the people. Very pathetic.

You can fool some people some of the time,......

The truth about the Fashola Administration is now being documented for posterity. See:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/171828536/Metro-Lagos-Upgrade

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by meccuno: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Omexonomy: For saying such inteligent things on nairaland, prepare ur self for insult from some stupid smelling nonentity that call themselves (yaruba) E-urchin
ITS REALLY ANNOYING.....what has cable car got to do with how improved my life is? u have roads in lagos that are so terrible,but because its not the island,then it is left in Gods hands.....every day u get harassed by officials of the lasg....is that how humans are supposed to live? but when the lasg says they would do something that has no bearing what soever to the common man,people would start rejoicing just to tell others that nothing is happening in their place......i hate hypocrisy.....LASU collects very exorbitant fees.....is this the legacy they want us to believe that Awolowo left for these funny leaders to show as an example.....Nigger please

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by AjanleKoko: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2013
BayoAA:

Well, personally in terms of road network, Fashola has a very low score. Even in some highbrow areas, the roads are just bad. Some roads are do not have potholes but the roughness of these road is crazy....You wonder maybe they were contructed by Barbers ( With all due respect to barbers). Look at Ojodu Berger - Omole-Ogba, Or the road in from of Fela's Shrine. A lot of the roads inside Alausa are not good. It is only executives with solid shock absobers enjoys these roads.
Lastly, Ikorodu people need road, I mean township roads.

The guy is trying though but there are still a lot to be done.......and done rightly.
Eko o ni baje o!!!!!!!

I don't know how I missed that. On roads, his government is a woeful 10%. They did some major road works, but the road maintenance is really poor. And they're not working on inner roads at all.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kaze4blues(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Kudos to fashola......

Setting the pace for a formidable oduduwa nation.

Goddd bless the SW
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by meccuno: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, this is becoming tiring. Would it kill you guys to even do a few seconds of research before you speak ignorantly and sway opinions against others wrongly? It is not Fashola or Lagos sponsoring this.

Do your your research, as an educated person, so you can become part of the solution instead of an encumbrance to the progress of your nation and a needless nuisance to administrators genuinely trying to make a difference. There is already a map I presented earlier showing the route of the cable line (see it again below) yet you prefer to embrace ignorance and stoke disaffection against Fashola with the usual "am very sure that the project would be on the island" accusation. Na wa for you guys sha.

http://www.trico-capital.com/projects/view/1/Lagos-Cable-Car-Transport-Project i have always been part of the solution and i will not allow my self to be intimidated by a million people...what am saying is that if he is actually getting loans to finance the project,what stops him from doing the same to the health education and infrastructure?? was surprised at the speed of light he used on the cable bridge construction while there are many roads that are begging for attention....and mind u,i don't have beef with any body....if you do what you are supposed to do,then i will praise you....... no matter who the person is,if he derails,i wont hesitate to speak my mind....all these projects are just to impress the world or Nigerians to show that he is working...what has this got to do with the common man.......

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by enigmang: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2013
My only problem is the hypocrisy in peoples comment....
If it was GEJ that says "On the Verge if Completion" (we haven't even seen one picture yet... ) He would have been blasted...

But here we are rejoicing in a political statement...

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2013
meccuno: i have always been part of the solution and i will not allow my self to be intimidated by a million people...what am saying is that if he is actually getting loans to finance the project,what stops him from doing the same to the health education and infrastructure?? was surprised at the speed of light he used on the cable bridge construction while there are many roads that are begging for attention....and mind u,i don't have beef with any body....if you do what you are supposed to do,then i will praise you....... no matter who the person is,if he derails,i wont hesitate to speak my mind....all these projects are just to impress the world or Nigerians to show that he is working...what has this got to do with the common man.......

Dude, stop this embarrassing display. You have just been showed how the private sector partner running the cable line will raise finance yet you are still saying "he is actually getting loans to finance the project" Can you point to anything here that informs you Fashola is "getting loans to finance the project" ? Is there no stage at which some Nigerians can admit "my bad. I got it wrong"? Do you know how PPP arrangements work?

I see you also failed to acknowledge how you wrongly and ignorantly claimed that this would probably be a project limited to the Island alone when you had not even seen a route map. You were not fair to Fashola and made your utterances with some ignorant and erroneous preconceived notion/bias. Admit is graciously and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by meccuno: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2013
if for once in our lives forget all these slogans of southwest is breathing fresh air.....fresh air in the south east and fresh air in the south south cause i am really not in for all those crap,and realise that Nigeria is here to stay,then we must move with one voice and threaten our leaders to do the right thing..... but we keep on praising these criminals......no wonder we have a senate that has not passed up to 10 bills in the NASS....when they passed a law about gays,we all where shouting to high heavens what beautiful thing they have done......will the gay bil give me light?? no...will it add valu to the economy?? no......this cable car would only increase the aesthetic value of the state no doubt,but will it at leaase reduce the suffering of the people who are doing business there??

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by meccuno: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2013
Gbawe:

Dude, stop this embarrassing display. You have just been showed how the private sector partner running the cable line will raise finance yet you are still saying "he is actually getting loans to finance the project" Can you point to anything here that informs you Fashola is getting loans to finance the project" ? Is there no stage at which some Nigerians can admit "my bad. I got it wrong"? Do you know how PPP arrangements work?

I see you also failed to acknowledge how you wrongly and ignorantly claimed that this would probably be a project limited to the Island alone when you had not even seen a route map. You were not fair to Fashola and made your utterances with some ignorant and erroneous preconceived notion/bias. Admit is graciously and move on.
yeah i admit i am wrong,but deos that change anything?? no....i will stil stand by what i said....you check what your priorities are ....whether funded or not.....one thing that he did which i appreciate well is the refuse collecting....it was organised very well......but there are other things that are needed to make life in lagos at least bearable.....we dont feel the local government....only when it is time to collect revenue........what are the projects that are of extreme importance to his govt?
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by anonimi: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2013
texazzpete: 2 million people transported daily via water? I find this figure hard to believe.

Fashola is doing an Ok job though. Sometimes it's almost easy to forget his

* poor record in health care and
* the pitiable state of roads in some of the less celebrated areas in Lagos

And his propaganda team is doing an OK job as well hence MOST people forget that he has little or no record on the BASIC issues that matter to the vast populace of Lagos STATE such as:

* free & COMPULSORY education for ALL children in GOVERNMENT schools.
* pipe borne water

in addition to the two sectors you already listed.

Make dem dey paparazii us dey go but eyes go dey open small, small!!!

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by texazzpete(m): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

2 million people, definitely an exaggeration. But traffic on the waterways is increasing.

But his healthcare record isn't that poor tho. He's refurbished a number of general hospitals and health centers, pregnant women are treated for free in government facilities, and seniors are subsidized. I would say 55% pass mark for healthcare. The real failure is in education.

Then you are far more tolerant of under-performance than I am.

Doctor: Patient ratio in Lagos is more than 1: 10000. That's failure No. 1
Lagos State doctors are some of the most overworked in Nigeria. A tired, weary doctor is a less effective doctor. That's failure point Number 2

2 crippling strikes in 3 years, during which the State Govt displayed crass insensitivity to the suffering of the common man. Failure point No. 2.

I must confess I have no idea on the state of education in Lagos. My kids go to excellent private schools though cheesy
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by mojeer678: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2013
Gbawe:

Dude, stop this embarrassing display. You have just been showed how the private sector partner running the cable line will raise finance yet you are still saying "he is actually getting loans to finance the project" Can you point to anything here that informs you Fashola is "getting loans to finance the project" ? Is there no stage at which some Nigerians can admit "my bad. I got it wrong"? Do you know how PPP arrangements work?

@Gbawe, If this isn't a shallow argument, then I don't know what is. The PPP that allowed LCC to make a killing on the toll gates?

You really believed everyone is an ignoramus? As a mouthpiece and defender of the mortgaging of the future unborn lives, whose tomorrow you're all chopping today. Ride on in the defence of the indefensible. I wonder whether you actually sleep at night without your conscience pricking you for spewing all these garbage and feeling righteous in so doing.

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 08, 2013
Hope say dey no go carry all those ketu and mile 12 market women... If not....
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2013
rozayx5:

Fashola and Tinubu will never complete a Project unless they have a share in it, am happy after his 8 years in office, and all the hype about him the "Messiah" of the SW and yoruba went abroad for a common Knee treatment,leaving the common Lagosian to LASU teaching hospital --- what makes him different from PDP, and they call themselves the hope of Nigeria
Rubbbisshhh[/b]

My brother so if you were in his shoes you Would have done urs in Nigeria Abi? I bet you would have stayed extra one week for the injury to completely heel. Nawa for Nigerians, if person do good una go hala, if person do bad una go still hala. Please enter the nearest luxurious bus, come and see what Fashola is doing in Lagos
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by houstonia(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Make the cable car no fall one day o, Due to Nigeria's lack of maintenance. We go hear say after 50years dem no change the Cable. Then dey would now blame the commissioner of cable Cars, lol.. (whom of course would just apologise and tell us it is an act of God.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by solapex: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2013
anonimi:

And his propaganda team is doing an OK job as well hence MOST people forget that he has little or no record on the BASIC issues that matter to the vast populace of Lagos STATE such as:

* free & COMPULSORY education for ALL children in GOVERNMENT schools.
* pipe borne water

in addition to the two sectors you already listed.

Make dem dey paparazii us dey go but eyes go dey open small, small!!!
I don't knw if you stay in lagos and U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what U̶̲̥̅̊ are saying. I want to tell you categorically that all goverment schools in lagos state are free. Maybe U̶̲̥̅̊ shld do Ūя̲̅ research.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rallymento(m): 10:44am On Oct 08, 2013
houstonia: Make the cable car no fall one day o, Due to Nigeria's lack of maintenance system. We go hear say after 50years dem no change the Cable. Then dey would now blame the commissioner of cable Cars, lol.. (whom of course would just apologise and tell us it is an act of God.
my dear in this day and age of plane crash, auto crash et al, I guess we Nigerians are yet to achieve success in d use of cable cars as a means of transportation. I commend BRF for having good taughts towards traffic decongestion in lag, But I will also like to tell him to improve more on water ways than flying cables that may cut and land legosians in di.rty lagoons.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by houstonia(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2013
Weselion: Hope say dey no go carry all those ketu and mile 12 market women... If not....
you are such a foool, are they not the real Nigerians, those people are the Nigerian economy if ignorance won't let you know. As benighted as you are you probably wouldn't know that these so called Ketu women are very much instrumental to the growth of the Lagos economy. If you don't like how they look, then ask your government to clean them up diickhead

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ennon92(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2013
iterator25: wetin your pa don do for this life wey e come sad?
nairaland shaa, person go laff so tey water go come out from hin eye.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by azzima(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Omexonomy: For saying such inteligent things on nairaland, prepare ur self for insult from sootime stupid smelling nonentity that call themselves (yaruba) E-urchin
at least nigerians. more Biafrans to be deported soon
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ennon92(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2013
gregg2: Bunch of greedy criminals

1) Where is the Lekki International Airport he promised us will be ready by December 2012?

2) What about the Lekki Seaport?

3) Where are the trains we were told he ordered from Canada since 2011?

4) Why is he abandoning the much hyped Lagos - Badagry expressway that he lobbied Fed Govt to handover to him?

5) Why is a state like Lagos still without portable pipeborne water?

hey! Haters like U should av been on an exile for saying trash u don't know abt....Asylum seeker.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ennon92(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2013
teskyg: White Elephant Project.BRT is a disaster.the same Fashola who could not manage the BRT transport scheme is dreaming of Cable transport,this must be a joke.
I guess u don't reside in lagos...personally, I've boarded BRT buses times without number. It is cheaper, convenient and faster. most lagosians can testify to it. U see ur life.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 11:13am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 11:13am On Oct 08, 2013
mojeer678:

@Gbawe, If this isn't a shallow argument, then I don't know what is. The PPP that allowed LCC to make a killing on the toll gates?

You really believed everyone is an ignoramus? As a mouthpiece and defender of the mortgaging of the future unborn lives, whose tomorrow you're all chopping today. Ride on in the defence of the indefensible. I wonder whether you actually sleep at night without your conscience pricking you for spewing all these garbage and feeling righteous in so doing.

I am afraid you just described yourself. Can you first of all tell the forum what your disproportionate anger is about? Is it by force to patronise the cable car? some of you should learn to stay on topic and not just pile irrelevant issues on top of what is under discussion simply to validate your bias against certain States or administrators.

Do you appreciate how PPP (private public partnership) works as a very good solution of using private capital to develop society ? For some plans of the government, to be fully funded by the Private sector like this one, the government will invite tenders publicly.

The company with the best bid will be chosen to finance and run the initiative perhaps to hand over the project to the State government after a period of time when appropriate ROI (return on investments) has been realised. I.e BOT plan (build, operate and transfer).The key thing to appreciate here is that this project is fully funded by the Private sector. You and others have the choice of simply avoiding the service instead of coming here to rant frustratedly against others talking irrelevantly about "conscience" and calling folks all manners of names simply because they appreciate a privately-funded cable transport system that adds productively to the highly inadequate mix existing already. If some of you are frustrated with your personal lives, the solution is not to come here and lash out madly and insultingly against others who do and say nothing wrong.

Raise your aspiration and outlook and you too may someday be a private sector partner helping Nigerian administrators overcome the many problems we have that money is not available to overcome.

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Aderostock(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2013
solapex: I don't knw if you stay in lagos and U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what U̶̲̥̅̊ are saying. I want to tell you categorically that all goverment schools in lagos state are free. Maybe U̶̲̥̅̊ shld do Ūя̲̅ research.

Please save your data bundle cos you will have to waste them on this guy. He loves quoting some unknown people to buttress his points. Wait for him
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by teskyg: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Its Unnecessary to hurled insult @ others who expressed their Opinion.I just rode through Keffi and peep into the BRT park.Please ride around Ikoyi and VI anytime it rains.We are not blinded by propaganda.I still repeat that Cable transport is another White Elephant project.We lack so many basic Amenities in Lagos.Until some of this issues are adressed,they will soon be proposing Helicopter and Yatch transport service.We stay in Lagos and for the Governor to reeled out those statistics on Water transport is disturbing.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2013
teskyg: Its Unnecessary to hurled insult @ others who expressed their Opinion.I just rode through Keffi and peep into the BRT park.Please ride around Ikoyi and VI anytime it rains.We are not blinded by propaganda. I still repeat that Cable transport is another White Elephant project.We lack so many basic Amenities in Lagos.Until some of this issues are adressed,they will soon be proposing Helicopter and Yatch transport service. We stay in Lagos and for the Governor to reeled out those statistics on Water transport is disturbing.

Why continue perversely with this show of ignorance considering all that has been revealed so far? Look, simply don't use the cable transport system when it is operational. You cannot tell the private sector what to build and run. Even the Government cannot do that. It is not your money and it is not even the money of the State.

I challenge you to refrain from using the service. No long thing. Let that be your own personal protest against the private sector operator who dared to build a cable system instead of a massive kitchen where the poor in Lagos can be fed daily for free.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Wike And Danagogo To Commission Bonny, Nembe Jetty (photos) / $1m Found In Alex Badeh's Wardrobe - Witness Exposes Ex-Chief Of Defence Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.