Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola (24156 Views)

Budgit And Tracka: Track All State, Project Allocations And State Of Completion / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ba7man(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2013
kettykin:
I can only say that I pity the first would be victims without life insurance policy cover of this super story project if ever at all it is not a scam by some very clever politicians capitalising on the gullibility of members of their constituency.
Don't you have a village square meeting to attend
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2013
kettykin:
I can only say that I pity the first would be victims without life insurance policy cover of this super story project if ever at all it is not a scam by some very clever politicians capitalising on the gullibility of members of their constituency.

Our portion in life is to keep and always progressing and advancing while your own portion in life is to remain angry, bitter, evil and wish bad luck to your own fellow countrymen.

What have you gained after decades of anger, bitterness and evil depositions? Nothing?

Have your anger, bitterness and evil wishes stopped us in anyway? Never

Evil doers don't progress...

5 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2013
*Tokunbo importation ban! *Cable car to decongest the road! *Car business in trouble! *Aba boys are not smiling o! N:B Fashola, Another ultimatum coming your way!
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2013
kettykin:
If you can name any country that has successfully deployed cable car as a means of mass transportation then I can withdraw my statement

City That Loves Mass Transit Looks to the Sky for More

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/29/us/29tram.html?_r=0

The future of public transport is above us

There is now though a new option open to them. It has a lower cost, high passenger throughput capacity and is quicker to deliver. Enter the cable car.

Since the Emirates Air Line cable car opened in June 2012 it has carried almost two million passengers between the Greenwich Peninsula and the Royal Victoria Dock in East London. The system is the first of its kind in the UK and demonstrates the possibilities of cable cars as an additional form of urban transport.

In other cities around the world, such as in South America, cable cars have been used for years as feeder systems, freeing up roadways and removing the need for car and bus journeys into city centres. It is only now that the UK is waking up to the opportunities presented by cable cars.[/b]http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=cfa2d03b-4d2b-420a-aa80-7b9bbf82d88d

[b]

Rio De Janeiro's Urban Gondolas: New Public Transit Line Makes Debut (PHOTOS)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/01/rio-de-janeiro-urban-gondola-transit_n_944786.html

New public transport idea for Austin, Texas has high hopes

In 2008, two Algerian cities -- Skikda and Tlemcen -- added cable-propelled gondolas to their public
transport networks.

http://www.doppelmayr.com/index.php?id=2182&L=3

Two cabins make the run at fifteen-minute intervals from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. (3:30 a.m. on weekends) and continuously during rush hours. It is one of the few forms of mass transit in New York City not run by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosevelt_Island_Tramway

In November 2010, New York City's iconic aerial tramway returns. Opened in May 1976, the Tram was the first aerial tramway system in the world to be used for urban mass transportation. It has been carrying over 2 million passengers per year for the past 34 years despite its original projected lifetime of 17 years. It was created as a temporary solution while subway service to Roosevelt Island was decades delayed and now it has been modernized, streamlined, and readied to serve New York City commuters and sightseers for the next thirty years.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:18am On Oct 08, 2013
shollaire: *Tokunbo importation ban! *Cable car to decongest the road! *Car business in trouble! *Aba boys are not smiling o! N:B Fashola, Another ultimatum coming your way!

We are not going to close their dirty spare parts rubbish or shut down Ladipo, we'll let the good old laws of supply and demand and standardization of operations take care of it.

The writing is on the wall, too bad they don't know how to read and comprehend....

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ba7man(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2013
@Agbameta. The height at which the cars operate take style high ooo.......Its only for the brave.

I just hope those market women with large bags of pepper and tomatoes don't get brave enough to want to use it.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:23am On Oct 08, 2013
kettykin:
If you can name any country that has successfully deployed cable car as a means of mass transportation then I can withdraw my statement

I just showed you a few, but instead of withdrawing your ignorant and village rubbish, you ran off like a damn village coward.

You village losers have access to the internet and google, but instead of using it, you spew ignorance and dumb rubbish laced with hate, anger and bitterness..

Se ya evil and bitter life....

Sucks to be you for real...

6 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Why does fashola have flat head...

5 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2013
kolawaxxy: sorry. Just take your medications and find a cool place to lay your head. ...you can try sleeping under a shady tree.
Shady tree for where?! Under bridge is his natural habitat.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2013
ba7man: @Agbameta. The height at which the cars operate take style high ooo.......Its only for the brave.

I just hope those market women with large bags of pepper and tomatoes don't get brave enough to want to use it.

You'll get used to it after 1 or 2 rides. It's the safest form of transportation in the world.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by teskyg: 8:29am On Oct 08, 2013
White Elephant Project.BRT is a disaster.the same Fashola who could not manage the BRT transport scheme is dreaming of Cable transport,this must be a joke.

11 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by drnoel: 8:31am On Oct 08, 2013
iterator25: wetin your pa don do for this life wey e come sad?
Ma guy cool down. Wetin I no believe till we get proof 4 NL na say lagos water transport dey carry about 2 million people now. If say in talk the projected amount of people is two million I go believe but water transport way just begin dey don dey carry 2 million. Ma guy that one na NTA news.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 08, 2013
lygn19: Why does fashola have flat head...
To balance intelligence, ingenuity, and creativity. You ll do yourself a worldful of good by learning from him.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ba7man(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2013
teskyg: White Elephant Project.BRT is a disaster.the same Fashola who could not manage the BRT transport scheme is dreaming of Cable transport,this must be a joke.
Same BRT that I'll still use today??

Rode in two on sunday.......Brand new with the nylon still on the seats.

The joke's on you.

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2013
teskyg: White Elephant Project.BRT is a disaster.the same Fashola who could not manage the BRT transport scheme is dreaming of Cable transport,this must be a joke.

Illiterate, this is a private investment and private project with private financing?

Doppelmayr is the best in the business, they built the emirates cable car system in London and they are going to build and maintain the one in Lagos, not Fashola or Lagos state government.

Dumb and ignorant villager...

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2013

Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola; Chairman, Ropeways Transport Ltd, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo; CEO, Ropeways, Capt. Dapo Olumide; Director, Ropeways, Christian Liess, and a representative of Doppelmayr, Mr Wolfgang Hahn
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2013
seanet02:
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, said the state government had commenced the construction of the route for the cable car project to complement the transportation system in the state, saying, “the project is on the verge of completion.”

See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/cable-car-project-verge-completion-fashola
Have "commenced" also at the "verge of completion"
Nawao. Yes, it might be on the third heaven not here in Lagos
Enough for this lies
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 08, 2013
I won't believe any of dz until fanni kayode say's so...
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2013
ba7man: @Agbameta. The height at which the cars operate take style high ooo.......Its only for the brave.

Bruv, the height is dependent on clearance and the path of the line. It can be very high or not necessarily so. Like Agbameta said, you get used to it. I have ridden on the one below and it is no big deal. Rather pleasant and scenic way to travel actually.

The Emirates Air Line cable car offers passengers views over the River Thames and the east of London
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2013
agbameta:

Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola; Chairman, Ropeways Transport Ltd, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo; CEO, Ropeways, Capt. Dapo Olumide; Director, Ropeways, Christian Liess, and a representative of Doppelmayr, Mr Wolfgang Hahn
Eko ile where in Lagos is the project situated? I wanna go and see the wonderful and welcome development by my self.
Eko oni baje o
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Gbawe:

Bruv, the height is dependent on clearance and the path of the line. It can be very high or not necessarily so. Like Agbameta said, you get used to it. I have ridden on the one below and it is no big deal. Rather pleasant and scenic way to travel actually.

I can't wait to enjoy Lagos skyline on the C.cars..
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2013
agbameta:

See dz mumu, does lagos have a skyline,,,or is it slum line u mean...

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2013
gratiaoe:
Eko ile where in Lagos is the project situated? I wanna go and see the wonderful and welcome development by my self.
Eko oni baje o

gratiaoe: Anambra my state, my hope
OBIANO FORWARD EVER

Worry more about your village, they need your help and attention.

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Gbawe:

Wow! Wonderful. This is beautiful and commendable.
FASHOLA RIDE ON!!!

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kofoshi: 9:05am On Oct 08, 2013
gregg2: Bunch of greedy criminals

1) Where is the Lekki International Airport he promised us will be ready by December 2012?

2) What about the Lekki Seaport?

3) Where are the trains we were told he ordered from Canada since 2011?

4) Why is he abandoning the much hyped Lagos - Badagry expressway that he lobbied Fed Govt to handover to him?

5) Why is a state like Lagos still without portable pipeborne water?

Well, these are crucial questions that require honest answers. Even though the op is a known critic of all things progress from the Yorubas, nevertheless let's shoot the message and not the messenger.

Any rebuttals?

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2013

The Sugarloaf Mountain cable cars are able to carry up to 65 people at a time.

^^^^ That's high capacity.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by HezronLorraine(m): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Good news always comes from Lagos most times.Lagos is destined to always share Testimony cool
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2013

Each cabin has a capacity of up to 110 people and makes approximately 115 trips per day

The Roosevelt in NY.

That's 12, 650 per car, per day..
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2013
agbameta:

Bruv, the East London experience is beautiful. Like you, I can't wait to experience similar in Lagos. Taking the family to Brazil next year for the Soccer world cup and my kids are actually looking forward to using the spectacular Rio cable system. Kudos Governor Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by meccuno: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2013
the surprising thing is that when issues like this are read and disseminated,people rejoice....it is a good development,but i still think it is very unnecessary...there are very basic things that are begging for attention in Lagos like good roads,security,health facilities,and the most important of all,education.....if he had channeled these large sums of money to education,i believe Lagos would be a better place.......and am very sure that the project would be on the island.....i will not congratulate this guy on structures that he puts on the island because the island residents are not the people that voted for him alone.........hope its not a question of the tail wagging the dog again......

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by AjanleKoko: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2013
texazzpete: 2 million people transported daily via water? I find this figure hard to believe.

Fashola is doing an Ok job though. Sometimes it's almost easy to forget his poor record in health care and the pitiable state of roads in some of the less celebrated areas in Lagos

2 million people, definitely an exaggeration. But traffic on the waterways is increasing.

But his healthcare record isn't that poor tho. He's refurbished a number of general hospitals and health centers, pregnant women are treated for free in government facilities, and seniors are subsidized. I would say 55% pass mark for healthcare. The real failure is in education.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Omexonomy: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2013
For saying such inteligent things on nairaland, prepare ur self for insult from some stupid smelling nonentity that call themselves (yaruba) E-urchin
meccuno: the surprising thing is that when issues like this are read and disseminated,people rejoice....it is a good development,but i still think it is very unnecessary...there are very basic things that are begging for attention in Lagos like good roads,security,health facilities,and the most important of all,education.....if he had channeled these large sums of money to education,i believe Lagos would be a better place.......and am very sure that the project would be on the island.....i will not congratulate this guy on structures that he puts on the island because the island residents are not the people that voted for him alone.........hope its not a question of the tail wagging the dog again......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ex Militants Get Automatic Employments After Graduating With First Class. Photos / Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 / Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.