Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola (24154 Views)

Budgit And Tracka: Track All State, Project Allocations And State Of Completion / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ba7man(m): 7:37am On Oct 10, 2013
lastpage:
Believe me, the likes of Gbawe, Sloan, Agbameta and the 40-i-Pad crew are not real Yorubas!
In every tribe you have their likes (sycophants and shameless praise-singers) .......and they dont represent such tribe.

Dont humor them by making them think they are intimidating anyone around here, its just that "one should not argue with fools less their wont be any distinction between "both"".

As a born and bred of Lagos, to a few generations back, l can say authoritatively that this "flying car" is no different from the "floating Boat restaurant" which Fashola and Tinubu's cohorts use in siphoning the wealth of Lagosians. That vessel was towed down here with our tax-money all in the name of tourism!
They will claim it is "completely private" but then, here and there, you will see how they have used "public infrastructures and public space" to enhance their own personal profit!

Can you imagine that if for example, l run into some money or loot Lagos treasury and hop off to the U.K ... and then decide: "SINCE IT IS MY MONEY" (Private Initiative or Private Money as those clowns refer to it), that l want to build a Project (May be a mansion) and the people in that area "have no say or benefit from it or majority of the Brits do not benefit from it!

You think the British Councils would not shoot it down very quickly?
I have witnessed were such projects were denied "planning permission" simply because for example, it will "deface the SKY-LINE" or it will "block air-flow to some part of the area or even block the path of sunshine to some resident's house!

That is an environment were people dont just think about the benefit that accrues to THEM ONLY, even when they are investing their private money, ...but consider the 'wider effect' on others who are stake holders in the society.

As long as Gbawe, Agbaameta and these "40-i-Pad otimkpus" get their crumbs from their employers, they are bereft of reasoning and logic.

They may claim to be Lagosians but in reality, they are what the "real Yorubas" will refer to as "Alaa te'nuje, omo okele"
(Boyz of the stomach who thrive on filthy lucre).

They really deserve to be pitied.

Lastpage!
How would you now feel if the project is now completed, people are riding in it and praising the LASG for their innitiative in the near future??

You should know that since they're involved, planning permit won't be a problem......or was it when the concrete footings of the light-rail was being constructed??
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe2: 8:01am On Oct 10, 2013
ba7man: How would you now feel if the project is now completed, people are riding in it and praising the LASG for their innitiative in the near future??

You should know that since they're involved, planning permit won't be a problem......or was it when the concrete footings of the light-rail was being constructed??

Please pay no attention to these f00ls. I think, by now, it is obvious thy have no coherent argument to put up capable of hiding their bad belle which makes them 'grasp at straws' desperately and inanely. Who needs enemies with this lot parading themselves as "Nigerians"?

Hope you saw my response to your enquiry?
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by ba7man(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2013
Gbawe.:

Please pay no attention to these f00ls. I think, by now, it is obvious thy have no coherent argument to put up capable of hiding their bad belle which makes them 'grasp at straws' desperately and inanely.

Hope you saw my response to your enquiry?
Oh....I'll go check it now. Thank you.

Seen.....I've copied down the link.

Hopefully, let's say they accept the proposal and those kind of buildings start popping up on the horizon in the near future, its the same set of people that will come criticize it as it being a means of the LASG to further reap off the populace.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe2: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2013
ba7man: Oh....I'll go check it now. Thank you.

Seen.....I've copied down the link.

Hopefully, let's say they accept the proposal and those kind of buildings start popping up on the horizon in the near future, its the same set of people that will come criticize it as it being a means of the LASG to further reap off the populace.

You can bet on that. They will then call you all manners of names without acknowledging your humble beginning, hard work and determination to be part of the solution for your State, region and Nation. You will be deemed a "siphoning front" for Tinubu and Fashola by these pathetic elements.

Bruv, do your thing abeg. Life is too short for it to be used indulging haters. It is a wicked world we live in. To that end, opposite to how you embrace progress that benefits all of us in society, frustrated losers and haters will also do their thing as sure as the Sun will rise daily.

The main thing, as Fashola and Ropeways transport and other solution providers are doing, is to carry on supporting and abetting progress while remaining unperturbed by the hollow noise of those who emptily and obsessively nurse 24/7 bad belle for others.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kofoshi: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
Gbawe.:

You sad losers are not fooling anyone with your 'victim' whining after you have been exposed to be guilty of the usual fake and unobjective negativity only driven by the nauseating bad belle you have for others. Look, you and others should redeem yourselves by displaying the "critical analysis" you talked off via showing cogent reasons for your opposition to this. Do that now or get lost . No more diversionary self-pity. You are not kids so man up or take your tears elsewhere !!!!! You are getting exactly what you deserve for your non-stop and thread-derailing negativity. This your 'victim' antics is totally pathetic. Even the ladies here will feel sorry for you crybabies.

You can shout "Yoruba mob" all you want but that is only another confirmation of your bigotry and the fact you lot have no capacity for confronting what you do wrong and used to get away with 24/7 here till many proud Yorubas started accepting that enough is enough !!! Personally, I will advise all Yorubas to not join the intolerance and prejudice of others but to be ready to defend themselves and their ethnic group from prejudiced and intolerant folks who are indoctrinated to never talk about anything related to the SW with any objectivity whatsoever.

Even when there is no room or need for negativity, as is the case with this 100% private sector funded project which should be a source of pride for all Nigerians, you sad creatures are here yapping and saying things that would embarrass a child while talking of "objective criticism"!!!! What is objective about dictatorially, arrogantly and childishly seeking to tell the private sector what to put its money into and which infrastructure to build for you? What is objective about making a fuss over something that will not utilise a kobo of your money or that of Lagos State and which you have the option of avoiding if you dislike it that much? What is objective about the immature display of anger because the private sector chose to invest in a cable transport system and not a tram network? What objectivity can we attach to the words of someone who talks of Lagos and her Yoruba leaders negatively here 99% of his posts and lied wickedly Tinubu slumped and was seen bleeding from every orifice in his body? You people should confess your real problems and issues because you do not make sense to balanced folks

Mentioning Insincer9gerian and Beaf is another loss for you since the forum knows the 'focus' and 1diocy of those two. Beaf, like you sad elements, discussed the SW 24/7 negatively only to eventually unravel as a pathetically bigoted coward through his confession to the forum he was "scared" to talk of his native Delta State because everyone was armed. In other words, the coward feared attack if too critical of those in his native State failing his people, like the woeful Udaughan and many like him, yet he had no such fear savaging Aregbesola, Fashola, Tinubu et al daily because the entire Nigeria knows the Yoruba will join you criticising his own while others shield their own as if they are eggs. Is this not the same forum where those who savage Tinubu, Adenuga et al 24/7 mercilessly are praising Kalu hypocritically as a "saviour" of the SE? As for Insecure9gerian, he is just a clown who disgraces himself here by starting threads of ignorance, discrimination and prejudice against others daily. No surprise those unprincipled, disgraced, cowardly, intolerant and highly prejudiced sad cases are the 'idols' of a crybaby mischief-maker like you.

When we start to respect each other completely and people like you confront why others may be angry at what you say , as real and fair men can always do, then amiable and genuinely objective conversion can flow.

The usual vituperations and dare I say that I am not in the least bit surprised. This is what you have become synonymous with, one way traffic monolithic verbiage devoid of any substance but that of irrelevant praise singing. To get anything critical or balanced from you is like expecting water to come forth from a stone.

A sad journey, your life has become. It is a shame though because prior to becoming a shameless sycophant, you seemed to exhibit some promise but all that now has gone with the winds. Like abati, like Gbawe.

Sad low life dregs of the earth you are. You live by sycophancy and shall equally perish by it!

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe2: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
kofoshi:

The usual vituperations and dare I say that I am not in the least bit surprised. This is what you have become synonymous with, one way traffic monolithic verbiage devoid of any substance but that of irrelevant praise singing. To get anything critical or balanced from you is like expecting water to come forth from a stone.

A sad journey, your life has become. It is a shame though because prior to becoming a shameless sycophant, you seemed to exhibit some promise but all that now has gone with the winds. Like abati, like Gbawe.

Sad low life dregs of the earth you are. You live by sycophancy and shall equally perish by it!

When will even one of you simple-minded losers validate your presence on this thread by making a logical argument in favour of your negative stance against this project? All we get is repetitive and petty vitriol delivered to assist your naked dance around the fact your negativity is that of those who have nothing between their ears and are led , like barbarians, to obey primordial instincts.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by geeez: 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
drnoel:
Yes, I agree but it will not be meant to carry loads like someone here mentioned market women with their big baskets of pepper.

A cable car, like an elevator, will not move when the load is more than it can support

Simple technology. As simple as having a scale under the floor

Gerrit?

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
another 3D model project sad sad

APC the change we dont need

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by oldenglish: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Seems the dude that said "super story" for front page is prophet. grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by AjanleKoko: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
kettykin: Super story !!!

oldenglish: Seems the dude that said "super story" for front page is prophet. grin grin angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Babanla Super Story grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
briefcase contractors to milk the taxpayers

agbameta:

Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola; Chairman, Ropeways Transport Ltd, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo; CEO, Ropeways, Capt. Dapo Olumide; Director, Ropeways, Christian Liess, and a representative of Doppelmayr, Mr Wolfgang Hahn
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
oldenglish: Seems the dude that said "super story" for front page is prophet. grin grin angry
AjanleKoko:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Babanla Super Story grin grin grin grin
Nice one
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by oldenglish: 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
barcanista: Nice one
Wetin be babanla?
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
oldenglish: Wetin be babanla?
angry
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
iterator25: village girl

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by tit(f): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lagos the maga city!
Tinubu and fashola have put 20 million people inside one-chance bus!
Who go save Lagos indigenes?

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
The cable car project has been completed. People can now ride on it BUT only from Tinubu's right bottomless pocket to Tinubu's left deep pocket and vice versa

8 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
tit: Lagos the maga city!
Tinubu and fashola have put 20 million people inside one-chance bus!
Who go save Lagos indigenes?

aresa the troll was viewing some hours ago but was too ashamed to comment, seem this cable car is CLASS T compliant where t means tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by 0rlando0woh: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Can we take this to front page again?
I have lost count of Fashole's failed promises.

4 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by aresa: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lagos Cable Car Transit Project: Govt, RTL carry out sub-soil tests

Aug 04, 2014Oluwatosin OmoniyiThe Mega City0

Ropeways Transport Limited (RTL) are carrying out sub-soil tests of the designated sites for the three concrete towers and the eight stations expected to be built.

Lagos State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Mr. Toyin Ayinde, who disclosed this in a chat with The MegaCity, said the State government was already securing properties needed to accommodate the project, assessing the site for the stations and trying to determine the nature of electricity to power it.

He said sub-soil investigation of the various designated sites was already on-going, adding that the aim was to deter-mine the strength of structure to erect.

According to him, the state government was expecting a detailed report from its private sector partners, RTL, by next month will determine the next step by the state government, he added. According to plans obtained by The MegaCity from the African Development Bank (AfDB), subsoil tests are to be followed by Substructure works.

This would entail piling, construction of bases for three concrete towers of between 150 and 180 metres each, and foundations for stations expected to be sited at Ijora, Iddo, Adeniji Adele, Oluwole, Apapa, Falomo, Obalende, and Victoria Island.

Substructure works are to be followed by Superstructure works, which would entail the construction of the three concrete towers and erection of 11 steel towers. These would then be followed by the construction of the eight stations.

In a recent interview with Channels Television, Dapo Olumide, former Managing Director of Virgin Nigeria Airlines and the Chief Executive Officer of RTL said the proposed Lagos cable cars will start operations in 2015.

According to him, it will start its operation on three routes around the Adeniyi Adele axis. “The cable car transit system is the first in the quest in Nigeria to provide commuters affordable, safe, timely and stress-free mode of transportation, particularly in urban centres like Lagos,” he said.

He added that his company has already signed a 30-year Franchise Agreement with the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) and the Lagos state government for the execution of the project.

The idea, he explained, is to build networks several miles long with fleets of large gondolas that pass stations every couple of minutes and are capable of carrying up to 35 people each, the same as a large bus or three smaller minibus taxis.

Construction of the project, according to Olumide, is to begin by November, starting with the construction of towers, stations and connecting network cables.

newtelegraphonline.com

Tomorrow, next month, next year or the year after, we'll have our cable car so don't cry for us, cry for yourself and Your village...

2015 shall come God willing...

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by aresa: 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
We say thanks to you village people for caring so much about us and our development even projects in the private sector like this wonderful and groundbreaking cable car project, we just hope and pray that you extend the same gesture and vigilance to your backward and regressing villages even though we all know you wont since your usual anger and bitterness is as usual bigotry and tribalism related.

Still, I do hope and pray you show the same love for your backward villages or at least display some sense of pride, love and affection for your states instead of killing yourselves over other peoples states while yours rot away no question asked. I just don't get this madness and insanity synonymous with you people...

Eko o ni baje o...

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by bongila(f): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
aresa: Lagos Cable Car Transit Project: Govt, RTL carry out sub-soil tests

Aug 04, 2014Oluwatosin OmoniyiThe Mega City0

Tomorrow, next month, next year or the year after, we'll have our cable car so don't cry for us, cry for yourself and Your village...

2015 shall come God willing...

Just shut your mouth already! Didn't an earlier report say the cable car is near completion? Why is the new report saying something about soil testing? Where is Gbawe and his follow "workers? Let them come and explain this new development.
APC....BIG DISASTER

4 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by tit(f): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
aresa: We say thanks to you village people for caring so much about us and our development even projects in the private sector like this wonderful and groundbreaking cable car project, we just hope and pray that you extend the same gesture and vigilance to your backward and regressing villages even though we all know you wont since your usual anger and bitterness is as usual bigotry and tribalism related.

Still, I do hope and pray you show the same love for your backward villages or at least display some sense of pride, love and affection for your states instead of killing yourselves over other peoples states while yours rot away no question asked. I just don't get this madness and insanity synonymous with you people...

Eko o ni baje o...

does aresa mean patience and endurance combined?
i wish to be like you and wallow in maga-city!

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
tit:

does aresa mean patience and endurance combined?

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by aresa: 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
[s]
bongila:
Just shut your mouth already! Didn't an earlier report say the cable car is near completion? Why is the new report saying something about soil testing? Where is Gbawe and his follow "workers? Let them come and explain this new development.
APC....BIG DISASTER
[/s]

Even though I know bitterness, anger and bigotry is you people's way of life, but why do you irrelevant, angry and bitter people always think people owe you anything or that you really matter beyond your nuisance and irrelevant activities on NL? I just don't get it?

You people really need to stop thinking you are relevant because you are not...
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by aresa: 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
tit:

Of what importance is where you wallow to me? Or you think where you wallow affects the price of Garri?

You people do come up with the dumbest rubbish...

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by bongila(f): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
aresa: [s][/s]

Even though I know bitterness, anger and bigotry is you people's way of life, but why do you irrelevant, angry and bitter people always think people owe you anything or that you really matter beyond your nuisance and irrelevant activities on NL? I just don't get it?

You see your life?? Fear God oo! You choose to ignore the question I asked. Typical supporter of APC!
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by aresa: 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
[s]
bongila:
You see your life?? Fear God oo! You choose to ignore the question I asked. Typical supporter of APC!
[/s]

You must have missed where I opined that we owe you irrelevant, bitter and angry bigots nothing.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
aresa: [s][/s]

Don't mind the hateful n1twits. Imagine someone is living in Ebonyi or Enugu and demanding, not even asking politely, that I come and give him a progress report on a project in my own State. Is that the sort of lunacy any sensible person will indulge? These people are just harming themselves without knowing it. The GEJ who is encouraging them to go public with their hatred of others, i.e the SW and the North, will leave soon. What then for folks who can never be sensible and circumspect yet prefer alienating others needlessly with their hateful antics?

Next time avoid this sort of thread as most SW Nairalanders do these days. Leave it for them to descend on like wretched Vultures. They only make a fool of themselves because balanced folks will wonder what their concern is with Lagos when they are not even from the SW. Inversely, how many Nairalanders from the SW come here daily to obsess about what is going on in Anambra or Abia? What is my business with the bridge Elechi of Ebonyi has built or has not built? How does it concern me if some PPP project is delayed in Enugu to the extent I will leave the affairs of my State to be obsessing over Chime's action? These guys are jokers and we know they don't speak out of love for Lagos or any State in the SW. Never take them seriously and never bother giving them any information. They don't want good or progressive news about the SW anyway. They are rodents and pests best ignored.

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gbawe:

Don't mind the hateful n1twits. Imagine someone is living in Ebonyi or Enugu and demanding, not even asking politely, that I come and give him a progress report of a project in my own State. Is that the sort of lunacy any sensible person will indulge? These people are just harming themselves without knowing it. The GEJ who is encouraging them to go public with their hatred of others, i.e the SW and the North, will leave soon. What then for folks who can never be sensible and circumspect yet prefer alienating others needlessly with their hateful antics?

Next time avoid this sort of thread as most SW Nairalanders do these days. Leave it for them to descend on like wretched Vultures. They only make a fool of themselves because balanced folks will wonder what their concern is with Lagos when they are not even from the SW. Inversely, how many Nairalanders from the SW come here daily to obsess about what is going on in Anambra or Abia? What is my business with the bridge Elechi of Ebonyi has built or has not built? How does it concern me if some PPP project is delayed in Enugu to the extent I will leave the affairs of my State to be obsessing over Chime's action? These guys are jokers and we know they don't speak out of love for Lagos or any State in the SW. Never take them seriously and never bother giving them any information. They don't want good or progressive news about the SW anyway. They are rodents and pests best ignored.

Pauls letter to the romans

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by poiZon: 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:

aresa the troll was viewing some hours ago but was too ashamed to comment, seem this cable car is CLASS T compliant where t means tinubu

abi o, lekki airport was CLASS F which is FOUR ONE NINE=FASHOLE!
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by aresa: 11:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gbawe:

Don't mind the hateful n1twits. Imagine someone is living in Ebonyi or Enugu and demanding, not even asking politely, that I come and give him a progress report on a project in my own State. Is that the sort of lunacy any sensible person will indulge? These people are just harming themselves without knowing it. The GEJ who is encouraging them to go public with their hatred of others, i.e the SW and the North, will leave soon. What then for folks who can never be sensible and circumspect yet prefer alienating others needlessly with their hateful antics?

Exactly... They overstate their importance and relevance. I don't even get why and how progress development in my state means so much or is a do or die affair to you than your own backward state.

I mean, is a delayed project in Lagos state going to make your own incompetent and do nothing leaders come up with something similar or even commission a single classroom which they don't know how to do anyways?

Like they say about people with insecurities and low self esteem, they have to shout, yell and put other people down to mask their own pain, sadness and sorrow. These are people with zero sense of state pride or any sense of belonging. Where they call home can rot and swim back into the stone age, it doesn't matter and they don't have to ask any question, but they'll spend the rest of their miserable existence asking dumb and retarded questions about other people.

They live in a sad and pathetic world where they must shout down competence while praising incompetence and emptiness.

I don't even get why I must entertain any question from these unintelligent internet trolls with nothing meaningful from their own enclaves to share with me....

You are right, what's my business with their villages? I'll slit my own wrist before starting threads or lose sleep over their states and backwardness..

Like they say, their presence, rants, anger, pain and bitterness means we we are doing great since the opposite means we are in the same sad and pathetic boat...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DSS Raids Pencom Office In Abuja As Anohu-amazu Goes Into Hiding / Buhari Yet To Arrive Nigeria Two Days After Leaving U.S. / Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.