Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? (2470 Views)

Should I Still Go Ahead And Marry Him? / Should He Go Ahead And Marry Her After Seeing This? / At 28 No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex, A Lady Laments(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by jiorhemen(m): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
I have a lady I truly love and respect so much and I am considering proposing marriage to her and settling down with her as my wife. But I'm still ambivalent because, though I so much love and respect this lady, she was actually the one who approached me first when we first met. Though I had noticed her and admired her, I lacked the courage to approach her (I have never had the courage to approach ladies). But I didn't know she was also admiring me. She walked around my area twice looking at me. Then suddenly, she drew near me and called me to come. And we began to talk and exchanged numbers. Contrary to the common misconception that a lady who approaches a man first is wayward, I discovered that this lady is decent, virtuous, respectful, and is a wife material. But I've heard people say that it's not good to marry a woman who approached you first. Personally, I don't see anything bad in it and I love this girl so much, but people say it's not too good. So please, should I go on and propose marriage to her just as I love to do? Have you ever seen happily married couples whose relationship began with the woman being the one who made the first move?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by wasak(m): 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
pls dont marry her.
break up with her.
approach her again.
if she accepts .
marry her.
if she doesn't play hard to get.
don't marry her...

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by ammyluv2002(f): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
wasak: pls dont marry her.
break up with her.
approach her again.
if she accepts .
marry her.
don't marry her...
Very Funny!!!!

@OP, please go ahead and marry her. The most important thing is that she's a wife material and you truly love her.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by jiorhemen(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
@wasak: please would you mind giving me a cogent reason why you said I shouldn't marry her.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by jiorhemen(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ammyluv2002: thanks for your advise
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Valentinooo: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
@op, there is nothing bad in it, you can go ahead and marry her. Forget all these old and archaic mentality you are thinking of. To clear your conscience, propose to her and let her give you reply. Which means she approached you but you propose her. It is that propose i see very important and not the approach. But i like her courage, pls tell her i'm giving her two thumbs up cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
jiorhemen: I have a lady I truly love and respect so much and I am considering proposing marriage to her and settling down with her as my wife. But I'm still ambivalent because, though I so much love and respect this lady, she was actually the one who approached me first when we first met. Though I had noticed her and admired her, I lacked the courage to approach her (I have never had the courage to approach ladies). But I didn't know she was also admiring me. She walked around my area twice looking at me. Then suddenly, she drew near me and called me to come. And we began to talk and exchanged numbers. Contrary to the common misconception that a lady who approaches a man first is wayward, I discovered that this lady is decent, virtuous, respectful, and is a wife material. But I've heard people say that it's not good to marry a woman who approached you first. Personally, I don't see anything bad in it and I love this girl so much, but people say it's not too good. So please, should I go on and propose marriage to her just as I love to do? Have you ever seen happily married couples whose relationship began with the woman being the one who made the first move?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
jiorhemen: I have a lady I truly love and respect so much and I am considering proposing marriage to her and settling down with her as my wife. But I'm still ambivalent because, though I so much love and respect this lady, she was actually the one who approached me first when we first met. Though I had noticed her and admired her, I lacked the courage to approach her (I have never had the courage to approach ladies). But I didn't know she was also admiring me. She walked around my area twice looking at me. Then suddenly, she drew near me and called me to come. And we began to talk and exchanged numbers. Contrary to the common misconception that a lady who approaches a man first is wayward, I discovered that this lady is decent, virtuous, respectful, and is a wife material. But I've heard people say that it's not good to marry a woman who approached you first. Personally, I don't see anything bad in it and I love this girl so much, but people say it's not too good. So please, should I go on and propose marriage to her just as I love to do? Have you ever seen happily married couples whose relationship began with the woman being the one who made the first move?

Please where did you hear this joke? if you love and respect her its ok to propose to her.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by wasak(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
jiorhemen: @wasak: please would you mind giving me a cogent reason why you said I shouldn't marry her.
I'm actually being sarcastic. love above all
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
You love her, she loves you, you are willing to make things work, what are you waiting for?

There is no particular pattern for finding the best partner, you should even be happy you have landed a confident lady. Just don't mind what people say, and remember it's only you that can make yourself happy smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Valto(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
@op, go ahead and marry her. Disregard the wrong notion. That she approached u first doesn't mean anything. Thank God u two av dated and u have seen the good qualities u want in a lady in her .so what are u waiting for .. Happy union in advance.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by wasak(m): 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
ammyluv2002: Very Funny!!!!

@OP, please go ahead and marry her. The most important thing is that she's a wife material and you truly love her.
lol
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by OCTAVO: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Why do Nigerians create unnecessary troubles for themselves when there's none?
I don't see any issue here young man!
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by zeekz(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
i dnt knw y peeps find it hard to date ladies that approach dem first personally i prefer ladies ask me out, it saves me d stress and time of asking a lady out, op u ar lucky so dnt blow it get married to the lady she is worth it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lemme saweth her picture first beforeth i can talketh
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
break up with her.
approach her again.
if she accepts .
marry her.
don't marry her...
tahz? Comot dia, which kind small pikin advice is that!
Op, i suqqest you marry her but before then sit her down, ask her why or what really gave her the drive to approach you that very day as a lady, just make it lightly as a joke and see what she has to say in response

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by koife(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
Itz dependz on ur definitn of decent...mariage dsnt av season2. Bro watch bfre u leap...u hia?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by sexymoma(f): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
I see nothing bad in it.
it Africans that sees it as something barbaric
she actually saved you from going astray
maybe if she didn't approach you first you might go and meet a lady that would ruin your life.
she approach first then be the first person to propose marriage to her
then the equation have balanced. after all she won't be the person to pay bride price.

You've said it all ' She is Responsible'

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Acidosis(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
If all you said is true and you fail to marry her without any other cogent reason... I'll personally place a curse on you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Xano(m): 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
my advice, go ahead, propose to her. Marry her. Take great care of her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
jiorhemen: @wasak: please would you mind giving me a cogent reason why you said I shouldn't marry her.

What kind of question are you asking us? angry cry there are others with serious problems abeg.u say you love her, you say shez not promiscious. What else do you need o? Itz alright u wana follow "Them say" ? Pls do so at your detriment.

Da hell?!!! angry
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by cyclones(m): 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Give me ha numba

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by ammyluv2002(f): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
cyclones: Give me ha numba
Make you corner her sharply ba? Correct guy !
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Haywhymido(m): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Acidosis: If all you said is true and you fail to marry her without any other cogent reason... I'll personally place a curse on you.
take it easy bro.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by cyclones(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
ammyluv2002: Make you corner her sharply ba? Correct guy !
lol
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by eightsin(m): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
break up with her.
approach her again.
if she accepts .
marry her.
don't marry her...

Hehe...i don laff belle almost tear.
@Op, are u saying dat simply because d chic calld n introduced hersef to u...dat alone reduces her ''marriageable'' ratio? Guy get srz abeg.
If u cnt tak dis decision alone, i wonder how many more questions u'd ask d public aftr marriage.
#no offence.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by ObiOkpor(m): 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
U‘ve said it all,she love‘s u nd u do too.So,tell me what made it not too good for a girl to approach a man first?Where is it written tha any girl that approaches a man is not descent?U better not live in falony dude,hold the lady tight or..........
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
I'm surprised that you all are actually advising the OP to 'marry her' .
@OP, don't marry her ehn, dump her. Dump a good lady just because you were too weak a man to ask her out first.. Shey you hear?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
ur village people must be very serious o!
first you cant 'approach' any girl. God in his infinite mercy decides to send you a 'good' one and you are still doubting?

If i was a friend to the girl, i will advise her to dump you.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by rman: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
@OP
What is wrong with you?

There is nothing wrong with marrying a lady that approached you first. In fact, there is every likely hood she won't cheat, she knew what she wanted and went for it.

Marry her jor
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 09, 2013
FYI, i am a female and i approached him... FIRST.... When I want something i go for it... There s nothing bad...

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry This Decent Lady Who Approached Me First? by Nobody: 2:27am On Oct 09, 2013
OP, you should be slapped for asking such a DUMB and retardded question. Just imagine the reason you are giving for not marrying her yet. Becase she approached you first?. Dumb question!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fiancee Told Me "She's Not The Sex Type" / Silliest Things You Have Ever Done Because Of The Presence Of A Girl. / How Broken Are Broke Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.