Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Can I Date Someone Like This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Date Someone Like This? (3437 Views)

Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / If Your Ex Sends " You Will Never Find Someone Like Me Again" / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 11:09am On Oct 09, 2013
My bf is really confusing me, when we 1st met, he lied to me that he attends a pentecostal Church knowing fully well how I take my Christian life serious, he later opened up to me that he was a sabbatharian and that he only lied because he knew I wouldn't accept him if he told me d truth (which is true sha) I wanted to leave him but I was already in love him so I forgave him. Last wk, I decided to check his facebook inbox messages out of curiosity nd I discovered that he also smokes weed and I don't even know what to do/ say to him cos I'm so hooked to him, he is so loving, caring and doesn't cheat ( don't ask me hw I knw cos I have my ways) and I can tell he loves me from the way he looks at me, kisses me etc but I can't compromise my beliefs 4 him hw can I be with someone who told such a lie and hid such a thing from me? What can I do?
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Omolola1(f): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2013
Awajug: My bf is really confusing me, when we 1st met, he lied to me that he attends a pentecostal Church knowing fully well how I take my Christian life serious, he later opened up to me that he was a sabbatharian and that he only lied because he knew I wouldn't accept him if he told me d truth (which is true sha) I wanted to leave him but I was already in love him so I forgave him. Last wk, I decided to check his facebook inbox messages out of curiosity nd I discovered that he also smokes weed and I don't even know what to do/ say to him cos I'm so hooked to him, he is so loving, caring and doesn't cheat ( don't ask me hw I knw cos I have my ways) and I can tell he loves me from the way he looks at me, kisses me etc but I can't compromise my beliefs 4 him hw can I be with someone who told such a lie and hid such a thing from me? What can I do?

Break up

1 Like

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1:

Break up
Damn, I wish I cud, where do I start from, how do I tell him I've been sniffing in his inbox? Hw do I brk up with the only prsn I've eva loved nd who has loved me genuinely? I knw I shud but its hard to let go of sum1 who is literally d ONLY frnd u have both male nd female combined. I've tried to justify his actions but I can't take it anymore maybe I'll tk ur advise hmm
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by mspee(f): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2013
First off, any relationship built on lies won't work!
He will keep lying to you. So my dear, carry yourself and move on! Don't waste your time with someone who doesn't deserve you.

Breaking up and moving on is hard, but time heals all wounds. Goodluck! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by christaddicted: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
If breaking up(as advised by Ms_Pee; inwhich I kind of support it though) is hard for you because u re too attached.
U may go with this 2nd option if u stand him not condemed:
Carry out a spiritual work in his life. Make sure ur love for him is not canal so that u can stand ur ground in faith as u lead him to Christ(which is the spiritual work). I say again, let ur love for him be of God if indeed u re a christian so that u can thwart the darts of canal desire during the course of leading him to Christ. May God be with u.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by hotncold1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
You want to break up with him just because he smokes weed and attend a different church?Are you for real?What has religion got to do with relationship? Have you try converting him to your own church?Why not help him quit smoking weed?Did you say you love him and he happens to be"Your one and only true friend"?

Op,am sorry to break your heart,the thruth is that"You don't deserve that guy".Please move on with your life so that a girl"who will trully appreciate him, for who he is,should take over".
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by bisi16(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
ms_pee: First off, any relationship built on lies won't work!
He will keep lying to you. So my dear, carry yourself and move on! Don't waste your time with someone who doesn't deserve you.

Breaking up and moving on is hard, but time heals all wounds. Goodluck! kiss
^^ So who is perfect?

So long as he dsnt cheat on u, he dsnt hit u, and u say he genuinely luvs u, my dear, u myt just end up with a joker if u reshuffle d card. Ask urself miss, which 1 can u live with? A cheating man or a smoking 1? Dats wat u shld ponder on. My opinion.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by goldwaters(f): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1:

Break up

Ha omolola u harsh today o, abi d oro festival ppl de annoy u? Hahaha :o3409 9047 9823
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Omolola1(f): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
goldwaters:

Ha omolola u harsh today o, abi d oro festival ppl de annoy u? Hahaha :o3409 9047 9823

e dey pain me wella
How far? Na recharge card pin be dat? grin
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by mspee(f): 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
I don load that card. grin
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Omolola1(f): 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
ms_pee: I don load that card. grin

Haa! Thief
That card was for me smiley
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by mspee(f): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
bisi16:
^^ So who is perfect?

Nobody, but she deserves someone better!
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by mspee(f): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1:

Haa! Thief
That card was for me smiley

Why she no send am for PM? tongue
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
hot n cold: You want to break up with him just because he smokes weed and attend a different church?Are you for real?What has religion got to do with relationship? Have you try converting him to your own church?Why not help him quit smoking weed?Did you say you love him and he happens to be"Your one and only true friend"?

Op,am sorry to break your heart,the thruth is that"You don't deserve that guy".Please move on with your life so that a girl"who will trully appreciate him, for who he is,should take over".
U dont understand, its nt even majorly abt dese tings, its abt d fact dat he lied to me abt dem, hw can u lie to someone u love all in the name of " I knew u wouldnt accept me if u knew who i rily was" im rily scared of what nxt i might find out, d only problem is dat i love him
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 1:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
hot n cold: You want to break up with him just because he smokes weed and attend a different church?Are you for real?What has religion got to do with relationship? Have you try converting him to your own church?Why not help him quit smoking weed?Did you say you love him and he happens to be"Your one and only true friend"?

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Popowaa: 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Awajug:
Damn, I wish I cud, where do I start from, how do I tell him I've been sniffing in his inbox? Hw do I brk up with the only prsn I've eva loved nd who has loved me genuinely? I knw I shud but its hard to let go of sum1 who is literally d ONLY frnd u have both male nd female combined. I've tried to justify his actions but I can't take it anymore maybe I'll tk ur advise hmm
Confront him and walk away.It wont be easy but u can
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by gunners160(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1:

Break up
y is it dat people like u luv seein people brk up in dhr rlship?so if 4 eg dis ladi happened 2 b ur sis dis is d ideal thing u wuld tell her?op dnt even listen 2 her at all.luk dis guy lied 2 u abt his religion nt because e choose 2 but because of d love e has 4 u.wit all dis attributes u listed above it shows dis guy is realy a nice guy but e still needs sumbody 2 bring him up spiritually nd d perfect person 2 do dat is u..d gospel is nt meet 4 d righteous but 4 d sinners y nt teach him d way 2 d cross remenber every1 as fallen short of d glory of God.u nd i r 1ce sinners.ys e smokes nd u found out y nt sit him down nd start preachin 2 him share 1 or 2 words wit him go 2 church 2gether .honestly dhr is no fun greater dan dat.remenber tomorrow u wuld b proud on hw u converted ur man 2rndly if d both of u happened 2 get married e wuld always mention ur name 4 d impact u made in his life or u listen 2 those bad belle nd quit nd let sum1 else take ur place.d worst mistake 1 kan mk in life is writtin a person off.a woman either create a man or destroy him
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
@op..if your problem is his lieing to you then you should as well conront him with what you have found out.If he accepts and is truly remorseful about it then you move on with. Your relationship..we are all humans there are certain bad things we do that we wouldn't want to tell the ones we love cause we are scared it will change their view of us.If you truly love him as you say then have a heart to heart talk with him,he isn't just your boyfriend he is your friend talk to him the way you would talk to a brother .Best wishes.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Omolola1(f): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
gunners160: y is it dat people like u luv seein people brk up in dhr rlship?so if 4 eg dis ladi happened 2 b ur sis dis is d ideal thing u wuld tell her?op dnt even listen 2 her at all.luk dis guy lied 2 u abt his religion nt because e choose 2 but because of d love e has 4 u.wit all dis attributes u listed above it shows dis guy is realy a nice guy but e still needs sumbody 2 bring him up spiritually nd d perfect person 2 do dat is u..d gospel is nt meet 4 d righteous but 4 d sinners y nt teach him d way 2 d cross remenber every1 as fallen short of d glory of God.u nd i r 1ce sinners.ys e smokes nd u found out y nt sit him down nd start preachin 2 him share 1 or 2 words wit him go 2 church 2gether .honestly dhr is no fun greater dan dat.remenber tomorrow u wuld b proud on hw u converted ur man 2rndly if d both of u happened 2 get married e wuld always mention ur name 4 d impact u made in his life or u listen 2 those bad belle nd quit nd let sum1 else take ur place.d worst mistake 1 kan mk in life is writtin a person off.a woman either create a man or destroy him

Cut down on your abbreviations
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by hotncold1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
Awajug: U dont understand, its nt even majorly abt dese tings, its abt d fact dat he lied to me abt dem, hw can u lie to someone u love all in the name of " I knew u wouldnt accept me if u knew who i rily was" im rily scared of what nxt i might find out, d only problem is dat i love him

Spare me the gospel already.Certain things in this life don't mix:
Oil and water,Business and pleasure,Religion and business,Love and religion.I don't attend any church,neither do I hestitate to tell that to any girl the moment we exchange pleasantries,its either you accept me the way I am or you run along.

Who doesn't lie?Don't you lie?It's your life anyways,live it the way that pleases you.

Am out
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Allwell(m): 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
l
Awajug: loves me from the way he looks at me, kisses me etc but I can't compromise my beliefs?

Madam belief....hear yourself!
But seriously though, when you start playing detective in your relationship then it's time to move on.
Awajug: Last wk, I decided to check his facebook inbox messages out of curiosity nd I discovered that he also smokes weed and I don't even know what to do/ say to him cos I'm so hooked to him, he is so loving, caring and doesn't cheat ( don't ask me hw I knw cos I have my ways)
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by wasak(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
Awajug: U dont understand, its nt even majorly abt dese tings, its abt d fact dat he lied to me abt dem, hw can u lie to someone u love all in the name of " I knew u wouldnt accept me if u knew who i rily was" im rily scared of what nxt i might find out, d only problem is dat i love him
he lied cos he loves u.as for the weed part u can change him since u ve acknowledged he loves u genuinely and he isn't cheating on u. were u expecting someone stainless?
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by elrony(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
Na wao...so a nigguh can't have a good "Kush" again??

@awajug pls u need to help ur bf straighten up ...if he truly loves u he will come around!!!..don't just jump the bus by dumping his ass...

At least u know why he lied!!!...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by onlyme07(m): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
He lied and he told you the truth which you later understood to be normal for a guy who really wants a lady.Thumbs of that.

The smoking issue,he never lied to you but hiding it, which he believes you would be mad if you later get to know...Smart guy.

Now,ask him if he smokes and i tell you he would tell you the truth. So,breaking up is not the solution we all have secrets and bad habits,you have seen it and you don't need to use it against him. If you really love him as you said, talk to him and pray for him.

You guys have just started and if your foundation is good, you would be one to enjoy your home dear. It's a lesson for you to know how to plan your home. No man is perfect.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Qsscruz(m): 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
Op did i hear you say ''kiss me'' and you take your Christian life serious and wanted to break up with him because he attends a different denomination. .. Well you need to get yourself right before getting him right.. #Nooffence#

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Ruq: 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
OP for real you take your religion seriously ?

What religion will cause eeh ?
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
Qsscruz: Op did i hear you say ''kiss me'' and you take your Christian life serious and wanted to break up with him because he attends a different denomination. .. Well you need to get yourself right before getting him right.. #Nooffence#
yea i believe evry1 is diff, some ppl blive sex b4 marriage is right and some dont nd personally i dont see anything wrong wit kissing as long as u dont 'do it' crucify me all u want dats wat i believe nd its not just a denomination no offence to garment wearing churches but they wear garments, dont wear shoes to their church, dont allow women on their periods to attend church etc
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
@all thanks for all ur comments wish i cud reply all of u personally but its too much for those that asked me to brk up with himz, hmmmm 4 dose dat asked me to continue well thank u too. Im gonna talk with him today and we'll both decide how we want to continue.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by sunnyt1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
I might sound annoying but i will advice you just the way i will love anyone to advice any of my sisters.

You obviously dont know what you are doing, what makes you thinks you love him?

From everything you put up here, it can be deduced that you know nothing about love, dont live your life based on what you see in movies.

You said you know he loves you from the way he looks at you and the way he kisses you, how else will you define lust?

Please spend your time researching about the details and deifferences between love, lust, infactuation, likeness, and lost.

This generation has been mis-informed about a whole lots of things and the earlier we correct this, the better for our future.

Apart from this morals and values should not be traded for feelings. Feelings are temporal and they fade with time, but character, moral and values do not.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
sunny t: I might sound annoying but i will advice you just the way i will love anyone to advice any of my sisters.

You obviously dont know what you are doing, what makes you thinks you love him?

From everything you put up here, it can be deduced that you know nothing about love, dont live your life based on what you see in movies.

You said you know he loves you from the way he looks at you and the way he kisses you, how else will you define lust?

Please spend your time researching about the details and deifferences between love, lust, infactuation, likeness, and lost.

This generation has been mis-informed about a whole lots of things and the earlier we correct this, the better for our future.

Apart from this morals and values should not be traded for feelings. Feelings are temporal and they fade with time, but character, moral and values do not.
yea but i just said all dat out of emotions nd our love is not based strictly on lust, he has sacrificed a whole lot for me nd hes there to always encourage me wen im down, he makes me feel alive and at peace wen we are together, dont judge us just yet
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by sunnyt1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Awajug: yea but i just said all dat out of emotions nd our love is not based strictly on lust, he has sacrificed a whole lot for me nd hes there to always encourage me wen im down, he makes me feel alive and at peace wen we are together, dont judge us just yet

Judge? Did i sound judgemental?

If thats what you heard then i am lost here. You should not be defensive gal, try research on what i adviced. ok

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Awajug: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
sunny t:

Judge? Did i sound judgemental?

If thats what you heard then i am lost here. You should not be defensive gal, try research on what i adviced. ok
ok will do tanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do Some Girls Mean By Telling Guys That They Are Of Different Class? / Where To Take A Girl On The First Date / What Is The Best Gift To Give A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.