Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,204 members, 7,860,327 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

How Can I Date Someone Like This? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Date Someone Like This? (3443 Views)

Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / If Your Ex Sends " You Will Never Find Someone Like Me Again" / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by escobar07(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
hmm
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by escobar07(m): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Awajug: My bf is really confusing me, when we 1st met, he lied to me that he attends a pentecostal Church knowing fully well how I take my Christian life serious, he later opened up to me that he was a sabbatharian and that he only lied because he knew I wouldn't accept him if he told me d truth (which is true sha) I wanted to leave him but I was already in love him so I forgave him. Last wk, I decided to check his facebook inbox messages out of curiosity nd I discovered that he also smokes weed and I don't even know what to do/ say to him cos I'm so hooked to him, he is so loving, caring and doesn't cheat ( don't ask me hw I knw cos I have my ways) and I can tell he loves me from the way he looks at me, kisses me etc but I can't compromise my beliefs 4 him hw can I be with someone who told such a lie and hid such a thing from me? What can I do?

The bolded parts look contradictory, or i'm taking it too far?
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Waspy(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
@OP, Love is patient, Love is kind, Love tries to find out things and work things out, Love is enduring, Love neva gives up, Love is tolerant, Love makes u turn the imperfect guy into a perfect one, Love is classic, Love......
is Not for Humans!
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by goldwaters(f): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1:

e dey pain me wella
How far? Na recharge card pin be dat? grin

I don't know how I pasted that rchrge pin. Just saw it now. @ for all d sharpiros in d house, I had loaded it already tongue
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Omolola1(f): 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
goldwaters:
I don't know how I pasted that rchrge pin. Just saw it now. @ for all d sharpiros in d house, I had loaded it already tongue

Haa! That girl was lying
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
He can quit smoking. Drive the change you seek!
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
Love may fade and dim. Ask yourself this: Putting aside the feelings you both have for one another, is there enough character/compatibility to get you through?

You're going to have to confront him about the weed sooner or later, but first figure out if his religious denomination is such a HUGE deal and something you cannot accept.

Good luck
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ur bf is a good dribbler!. grin grin
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
its not over yet,its jst time to talk the real talk,4get all the toasting brain washing,no man is perfect stil doesnt mean you should go and hug transformer. Anything that makes you act without ur senses is a no no for me.
You can help him out of it too but firstly,u both need to be on the same track on this.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by delkuf(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
If u take ur christian lÍfe serious, u won't be in d relatnship in d first place
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2013

Carry out a spiritual work in his life. Make sure ur love for him is not canal so that u can stand ur ground in faith as u lead him to Christ(which is the spiritual work). I say again, let ur love for him be of God if indeed u re a christian so that u can thwart the darts of canal desire during the course of leading him to Christ. May God be with u.
hahahah! cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: If u take ur christian lÍfe serious, u won't be in d relatnship in d first place
How then are unbelievers expected to change their ways if Christianity doesn't support relationships between a believer and an unbeliever?? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by goldwaters(f): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1:

Haa! That girl was lying
yes she was. I guess she was just kidding though.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by crystalsaint(f): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Flee from men that lie and smoke. Loving you now doesnt mean he cant change later.men are prone to cheating.u can opt out now,after wedding....you are hooked for life.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Ndoz(m): 12:32am On Oct 10, 2013
Awajug:
Damn, I wish I cud, where do I start from, how do I tell him I've been sniffing in his inbox? Hw do I brk up with the only prsn I've eva loved nd who has loved me genuinely? I knw I shud but its hard to let go of sum1 who is literally d ONLY frnd u have both male nd female combined. I've tried to justify his actions but I can't take it anymore maybe I'll tk ur advise hmm
join him
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 10, 2013
One of the things that i bliv shld be in sync in a relationship leading to marriage is religious beliefs. If u're gonna av problems with tinking ur man attends a white garment church nd all dt, maybe it's time to bail out! Der's no point being with a man that you despise what he firmly believes in!
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 10, 2013
In as much as I would not like to tell you to break up as they is no perfect human but you just have to. But not immediately though i know it's very painful but I think you should give him one more chance and only ONE. After that one chance if he messes up do not be afraid to dump his sorry a,,s...s, do not even contemplate it is for the best because honestly, he may never be serious with you if you keep looking over his lies because of 'love'....ONE more chance and then it's over, do not even listen to any speech that may melt your insides, just do it.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by mayorall(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2013
The op is confused, Olorun maje go fi oko se boyfriend. You know what to do as a christian when you are at cross road. If you hear from God fine, if not at least you gat a spiritual father you trust, visit him. Thanks.
Re: How Can I Date Someone Like This? by dynamo77(m): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Break up?? Hell NO!!!.....since you know he loves you truely,nd smoking is the problem,walk up to him & tell him you know then if he is willing and able to give up 'weeding' for you, then you guys are still good for each other. But if u just break up with him,,,the next guy might be worse than he is.... Remember no one is perfect

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Watch Or Participate In This Game? (photo) / What Do You/people Cherish Most About Your Appearance? / Five Things Ladies Can't Do Without In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.