Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. (7553 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Image123: Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Tell ur Bible God to repent first
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
macof:

Tell ur Bible God to repent first
okay, so please repent too.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Image123:
okay, so please repent too.

I have

I repented by going back to my ancestral beliefs

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 11:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
macof:

I have

What does repentance mean to you?
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2013
Image123:
What does repentance mean to you?

retracing ur steps to find the right path
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by holyhassan: 10:09am On Nov 11, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
They never read this at Sunday school!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Genesis 38:9

9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother.
pull out game strong
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by holyhassan: 10:13am On Nov 11, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
Deuteronomy 23:1

23 A man whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off may never join the assembly of Yahweh.
it really says joystick
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2014
holyhassan:

it really says joystick

Ask Seun.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by plaetton: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
11. Genesis 19:8

“Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Gosh!
Imagine!

I would kill god for my daughter.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by plaetton: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
macof:

I have

Perfect response that puts them to shame.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by plaetton: 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
You just have to wonder why he bothered creating them in the first place.

2 Chronicles 13:15-18

15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. At the sound of their battle cry, God routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah. 16 The Israelites fled before Judah, and God delivered them into their hands. 17 Abijah and his troops inflicted heavy losses on them, so that there were five hundred thousand casualties among Israel’s able men. 18 The Israelites were subdued on that occasion, and the people of Judah were victorious because they relied on the Lord, the God of their ancestors.

Now here is a case where the bible clearly lies.

The entire population of ancient Israel was nowhere near 500,000 at any time.
I doubt if at any time they were more than 30,000.

These wee tent dwellers who built no endearing kingdom or culture credited with anything of historical significance.
The entire history of ancient Israel are 90% myth.
Even reknowned historians and archeaologists acknowledge this.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by plaetton: 5:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
rabzy:

This verse you quoted shows that you know little about what you are talking about. There is nothing to be ashamed of, either in the old testament nor in the new. You only read, you do not understand the scriptures nor the God that gave it.

This is from the chapter you quoted from, hopefully you will understand what Jesus meant by taking away peace from the earth by reading the whole chapter or the following excerpts

(Matthew 10:21-23) . . .Further, brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. 22 And YOU will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name; but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 23 When they persecute YOU in one city, flee to another;. . .

(Matthew 10:32-37) . . .“Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

So, brother,
Are you saying that Jesus did not mean to say what he was quoted as saying?

Since you accuse the op of not understanding what Jesus meant, then please kindly elaborate for us what you think Jesus meant.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by plaetton: 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
Leviticus 25:44-46

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Wow! for a loving god that now loves Africans more than the jews, who happen to have rejected his son.

Africans are going to heaven to spend eternity with this slavery-loving god.

Wow for smart Africans.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by otemanuduno: 2:21am On May 25, 2016
truthislight:

You fell for those out off context verses i guess.

If someone should write that Macof killed a man and slit the man's stomach without giving the reasons for your action, that the man had attacked you and your family at night, how will you feel and how reasonable will such a reported incident be ?

Nonsense you will say i guess ? But here you are doing exactly the same thing.

Same old story i guess.
Smh.
Why do Christians always say that people are quoting out of context? But if the want to quote John 3:16 they won't say they have quoted out of context o. Abi John 3:16 na full bible? Well...the kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD the true God who created the universe with a BIG BANG is here. Let Jesus and all his followers tremble at the mention of his name. Even JEHOVAH cannot stop his father REVERAD from establishing hiss kingdom. Read the Doctrine of the UFOS in my signature below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Christianity Is The Only Religion For Me: A Logical Treatise On Religion / Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness / @speech #speech Speech* Hindi Diwas Speech For School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.