Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168923 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by OjaP: 10:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
borie4u: Thanks Ojap. ur the Man. I had a 2.2 from O.A.U (3.3/5.0) and projected 4./5 MSc UNILAG all in Applied Geophysics. Will my BSC hinder my chances?

Your undergraduate CGPA on its own won't be a red flag. Grad schools look at several things such as Undergrad + MS CGPA, GRE scores, past researches, SOP and recommendation letters. Your 3.3 CGPA should be up to the minimum 3.0 GPA required for grad admission if converted by WES.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
Feel @ home being here. Benson, representing geology, unical
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ignis: 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
I am glad to be a geologist.
Am a graduate of geology at Federal University of Technology, Minna.
I would like to do my masters in Geophysics @ any good university abroad.
Tips and advice are welcomed.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by borie4u(m): 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
whao interesting.never Knew.Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by newjerusalem(m): 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nice thread.Lets keep it up.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by borie4u(m): 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
whao interesting.never Knew.Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by segzysexy(m): 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
A friend of mine studied water resources and environmental engineering as his undergraduate course.what are his chances of working in oil and gas industry or working as a driller in the oil firm?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by slimzy91(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
good evening everybody..my name is godwin..am a geology student of delsu 200l...pls i need every advice and guidiance i can get frm u guys dat are above me..need godfathers dat will show me the right path as i come up in this field. my email is godgee111@gmail.com tnx my bros
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by sanandreas(m): 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Following. My career my passion.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by engroke(m): 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
harde2lah: Nice thread I must say. Bamidele by name, student of Institute of Petroleum Studies, UNIPORT, studying Petr Engineering.
opeyemi adetula ki lo n shele
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by kcstyle40(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
Gud day great people.
Pls i need someone to enlighten me based on the course am abt to study at national open university (noun). EMVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT. Since am a worker who need to further his education n N.O.U.N. Seems to be my best option. Pls i need to know if my choice of course is a gud one n its relevance in life cuz someone told me its related to geology. And pls if so does geology involve much calculation? Secondly what re the job prospects of environmental science n resource management.
Pls someone with better knowledge n understanding should help me .
Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by stunningjudy(f): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
nice thread. I'm Judith. I rep SPE, FUTO.

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by megautche: 10:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
good evening all, i have read all comments on this post and i am really happy that we have ppl that are out there willing to educate ppl without asking for money or gift in return. we are indeed going places. i read geology from futo and i spent several yrs in banking in nija with very little to show for it. i realized 3 yrs ago that i dont have any skill at all and indeed very open to attacks in form of frequent sacking in the banking industry. i went for my msc in envir geology but is yet to conclude. i just resigned my appointment 2 months ago to acquire skills in oil and gas. i need expert advice on the certificate courses to do. i need info asap

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Benjazzy10(m): 10:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
I'm an 100level Physics student of Kogi State University,thou i applied for comp. sci. but i was given physics,i'm beginning to lyk d course thou i'm not much of a fan of Calculation,i'm aspiring to go for geophysics wen i get to 300L cuz in our dept guidline we were told dat we'll split to different field of physics lyk elecronic and communication,geophysics etc,i jes want to be enlightened about d course and our chances in d labour market...tnx
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Smily202(m): 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
I didnt know this kind of thread exist hia...Thank God I Finally found it .....in FP........

Am still Undergraduate Of Geology n Exploration Geophysic ....Ebonyi.. state.....

love this thread....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by geosegun(m): 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
Anyway, I came into the tread a little bit late. but never mind. You can see my ID. I am a geologist as well as a geophyscist. You may ask me any technical and theoretical question pertaining to oil and gas issues and a bit of engineering. Be it seismic interpretation & geological interpretation, attributes generation and analysis, synthetics, velocity modelling and its applications, AVO and etc. I am the busy type but I will try as much as possible to put you guys through whatever questions you have.

You guys need to take the bull by the horn and start from somewhere. I started from geotechnical (soil test) then to water borehole drilling before going into oil/gas services. I am a geoscience trainer by profession and would like to pass the knowledge I have across.

Do not hesitate to ask questions about Seismic stratigraphy, depositional environment. simplification of the Niger delta basin. Depth conversion. Amplitude data and its usefulness. prospect quantification, petrophysics, uncertainty and risk analysis. You want to know more about Kingdom software, I am the right person to ask. Trust me.

Cheers.
Wish you guys all the best

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ishekinah1(m): 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
Am more than happy to read this thread. Thanks to everyone who has taken it upon himself to educate us.

Am an Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Power/Machines) Polytechnic graduate who finished with upper credit(3.115/4.0) from federal polytechnic Bida about eight years ago.
I have equipped myself with IT skills over the years. I will like to know if Wes evaluation of my results could help me gain admission for a masters program in the states looking at the time difference whether in an IT related field or O/G.

And i will like to know if WES result evaluation is recognized in other countries abroad.

Thanks for your swift response as this has got me stuck for all these years.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
For the very first time i am commenting on a thread here. I'm so glad that i have finally found a thread that i find very educative and interesting. My name is Chigozie and am in my final yr in FUTO studying petroleum engineering. I hope to be part of ur project, and definitely learn more from you. THANKS!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by king100(m): 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
EGRESS: i need d book pls. My mail: mostowall@gmail.com thank u very much, u'r wonderful and blessing to person like me.
This is the link http://www.amazon.com/Nontechnical-Petroleum-Exploration-Drilling-Production/dp/087814823X
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Adola1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
I am Uniben Geologist now residing in PH. Later
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by vislabraye(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
Sayet: Thanks to my ogas here,imag5 and others. i'v always love to be a driller in the O&G coy but i did not have d proper orientation when filling the jamb form. I'm a 100level chemical engineering student but with what i'v gained here,i'm thinking of changing my course to geology possibly in 200level. I want to know if this will be a good move cos i have a strong passion of being a driller.

I don't think U shud change oh !! Engineering is still solid.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
finally! finally!! finally!!! we made it to the front page! congrats....more geologist v com to join the big family! shoutout to the old members of this trend...imag, ideology; i am strata and co. u guys r 2much! rep uniben geology....SEG President uniben chapter!

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by vislabraye(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
geosegun: Anyway, I came into the tread a little bit late. but never mind. You can see my ID. I am a geologist as well as a geophyscist. You may ask me any technical and theoretical question pertaining to oil and gas issues and a bit of engineering. Be it seismic interpretation & geological interpretation, attributes generation and analysis, synthetics, velocity modelling and its applications, AVO and etc. I am the busy type but I will try as much as possible to put you guys through whatever questions you have.

You guys need to take the bull by the horn and start from somewhere. I started from geotechnical (soil test) then to water borehole drilling before going into oil/gas services. I am a geoscience trainer by profession and would like to pass the knowledge I have across.

Do not hesitate to ask questions about Seismic stratigraphy, depositional environment. simplification of the Niger delta basin. Depth conversion. Amplitude data and its usefulness. prospect quantification, petrophysics, uncertainty and risk analysis. You want to know more about Kingdom software, I am the right person to ask. Trust me.

Cheers.

Your CV is tight. How do someone from another field in science move over ?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by vislabraye(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
geosegun: Anyway, I came into the tread a little bit late. but never mind. You can see my ID. I am a geologist as well as a geophyscist. You may ask me any technical and theoretical question pertaining to oil and gas issues and a bit of engineering. Be it seismic interpretation & geological interpretation, attributes generation and analysis, synthetics, velocity modelling and its applications, AVO and etc. I am the busy type but I will try as much as possible to put you guys through whatever questions you have.

Cheers.

Your CV is tight. How do someone from another field in science move over ?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Akiika: 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
Chei!!!! Naija can form, i'm enjoying this comedy.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by tiwasiaife(m): 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
imag5: Secret of some professional that have made it......after ur graduation go for HSE course and also drilling course..am currently done with my Hse 1,2 and 3 from British saftey council and also running a program with jpts on drilling operations and offshore technology,all i can say many offers have been coming my way.....so just try it...advice to young graduate...we will get there....some day...we are only here to make impart in our society at large..
how much does it take to get D training and were can 1 get it?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2013

Cheers.

bro, can u mail me the kingdom software pls.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by tiwasiaife(m): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
imag5: Good day my explorationist,hope u are winning in all ur endeavours,am currently working on IMR a new trend in seismic if u are intrested to join me...halla me...IMR stands for Imaging Mapping and Resolution to seismic analysis very soon will be summting it to Staloil....join and make history...umf
flash me on 07089946324. Let me kal u 4 a talk
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by tiwasiaife(m): 11:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
imag5: the issue is not the downloading but the lincense key to operate the software,however u can meet some people that aready have it to send it to ur system....it take millions to get these software...i got my first petrel2010 software from my lecturer in school then.. Send me ur mail let me see how i can send u the file......it not the software it about u getting a data and knw how to use it...cheers
bros nid to talk wit u. Txt me ur no on
let me kal u.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
9icegee: SCAM!!! People pls dont be taken in!! U cant get drilling certifications for 30K pls!!
there are better ways to air your views, than raising unnecessary alarms, and watch your words
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
stunningjudy: nice thread. I'm Judith. I rep SPE, FUTO.
welcome FuToite
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
mega_utche: good evening all, i have read all comments on this post and i am really happy that we have ppl that are out there willing to educate ppl without asking for money or gift in return. we are indeed going places. i read geology from futo and i spent several yrs in banking in nija with very little to show for it. i realized 3 yrs ago that i dont have any skill at all and indeed very open to attacks in form of frequent sacking in the banking industry. i went for my msc in envir geology but is yet to conclude. i just resigned my appointment 2 months ago to acquire skills in oil and gas. i need expert advice on the certificate courses to do. i need info asap
wow another FuToite welcome, but was it not possible to hang around the banking sector till you get a job before you resign. I finished from FuTo, Geophysics

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.