Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168828 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2013

7 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2013
Bros, na dat pic dey ur whatsapp na... Besides, the rays from behind interfered with facial form.
imag5: How is ur day going my geo and pe guys....I just got a new office check it out
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by BlessedFellow: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2013
log1:

I wish you success as your program is coming to an end. Shalom

@log1: apologies I can't read your pm because I have issues with login in the email account I used to create this account. I will give you another email address you could get across to me.

Cheers!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 21, 2013
Disscussion of the week........what makes a geologist unique
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
Saint Chukz: Insipid comment...! If you know how to read, then go through the nairaland rules first before you come here to expose your ignorance.
that you know all the rules governing nairaland doesn't make you a lord over this thread,so spare me the braggadocio, and if you are that jobless you can help me copy the rules here for everyone to read,thereby try to capitalize the section which states that friends are not allowed to greet eachother on nairaland. Only God knows what your problem is.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
imag5: Disscussion of the week........what makes a geologist unique
we interpret God's writing in rock in various formats, Hahahahaha
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Saint Chukz: Insipid comment...! If you know how to read, then go through the nairaland rules first before you come here to expose your ignorance.
young man, don't bring those childish attitude here, learn to respect people and watch your words, I had no bad feelings with your post, expect where you said we shd take the discussion to beer palour, this is a professional group, you don't know anyone here in person. so careful of what your say.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Udochee:
i my own opinion sha.u can cros-check ur course contents(probably frm ur departmental handbook) to b sure if dey are geo-related courses u'ld do truout ur study year.
he will definitely need post graduate degree, the geology they will learn is similar to the geology civil engineers may learn or even less
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
imag5: How is ur day going my geo and pe guys....I just got a new office check it out
Congrats bro, pls do you have other software useful for GIS, Geotechnics, or lighter modelling software like surfer
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
I have stayed in the background reading various comments here on this thread and they have all been helpful thanks to oga imag and co. Now that this GIS issue came up i think i have something to ask. I was introduced to GIS by my colleague but didnt really pay attention until recently i read it has application in the field of geophysics. I jez installed 9.3 on my system and worked on the tutorial data. I find it interesting because it kind of reminded me of surfer whch i used in my bsc thesis. Now thing is, is GIS applicable in the oil and gas industry?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
I_am_strata: I have stayed in the background reading various comments here on this thread and they have all been helpful thanks to oga imag and co. Now that this GIS issue came up i think i have something to ask. I was introduced to GIS by my colleague but didnt really pay attention until recently i read it has application in the field of geophysics. I jez installed 9.3 on my system and worked on the tutorial data. I find it interesting because it kind of reminded me of surfer whch i used in my bsc thesis. Now thing is, is GIS applicable in the oil and gas industry?
yes o o. new technology now, go to linkedin check the number of gis professionals, anything is possible in earth science, now one can stay in office and monitor the reservoir, well, pore pressure prediction and others it didn't have years ago. pls if you can help me with surfer and GIS software, ill be very grateful, hopeman4all@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
I got both, while surfer is easy to install, GIS is not so easy as it requires a license except u wanna settle for the cracked version. I'll send surfer 10 and its keys to ur email tomorrow
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 11:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
I_am_strata: I got both, while surfer is easy to install, GIS is not so easy as it requires a license except u wanna settle for the cracked version. I'll send surfer 10 and its keys to ur email tomorrow
#smiles, thanks. alright cracked version am ok with that, need to practice some things, hope I can get some data from friends in lag, PH and delta.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 2:14am On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_strata: I have stayed in the background reading various comments here on this thread and they have all been helpful thanks to oga imag and co. Now that this GIS issue came up i think i have something to ask. I was introduced to GIS by my colleague but didnt really pay attention until recently i read it has application in the field of geophysics. I jez installed 9.3 on my system and worked on the tutorial data. I find it interesting because it kind of reminded me of surfer whch i used in my bsc thesis. Now thing is, is GIS applicable in the oil and gas industry?
pls can u send it to me too. collins.ehigiator@yahoo.com. thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 2:25am On Oct 22, 2013
Gud morning house! Please which software can i use for plotting grainsize analysis curves and for logging stratas?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 22, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
[quote author=I_am_strata]I got both, while surfer is easy to install, GIS is not so easy as it requires a license except u wanna settle for the cracked
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Good morning house how is ur day going,working on AVO this morning...umf
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
done at all who requested for surfer. ARCGIS is too large to upload
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
imag5: Good morning house how is ur day going,working on AVO this morning...umf
good day boss. please can u highlight what exactly interpretation of seismic data entails? after setting up a project (scanning segy data), display seismic 3d volume. what does the output interpreted section look like? thanks once again
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
I_am_strata: good day boss. please can u highlight what exactly interpretation of seismic data entails? after setting up a project (scanning segy data), display seismic 3d volume. what does the output interpreted section look like? thanks once again
pls you just send crack, no software attached. thanks in anticipation of your positive response.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 24, 2013
Morning room,

This thread is a nice concept. Glad I stumbled on it.

Am a graduate of Applied geophysics. I am desirous of a career in the oil and gas industry but my grade is against me (3rd class). I am presently working in a GIS firm as a trainee. So far, the work I av been doing didn't have any bearing to my desired field. Also, I am proficient in the acquisition and interpretation of VES data for hydrologic borehole drilling (this feeds me those days as a student) .

Now my question is, what trainings and certifications can I acquire to be where I desire in a time frame of three years bearing in mind the cost (I currently earn around 80k) ?

Sorry for the long post.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by SaintChukz(m): 3:47am On Oct 24, 2013
quivah: @2sexy... its actually archaeology mixed with geology . a 2 degree honor..
But will be graduating with archaeology(a single degree honor)..!
i think i have seen or heard about that combination before. If the degree bears Bsc. Archaeology, then you should go directly for a strictly Msc. in Geology/Geosciences. I see that as your only option. I know someone who did it that way.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by SaintChukz(m): 3:51am On Oct 24, 2013
ideology:
young man, don't bring those childish attitude here, learn to respect people and watch your words, I had no bad feelings with your post, expect where you said we shd take the discussion to beer palour, this is a professional group, you don't know anyone here in person. so careful of what your say.
who are you to issue such threat? And referring to someone as ITK for only stating what is right and proper counts as respect to you, right? If you don't want this thread to be destroyed for all its intents and purposes. Kindly resist replying to this post, else i'll bring it to the attention of the mods.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2013
Saint Chukz: who are you to issue such threat? And referring to someone as ITK for only stating what is right and proper counts as respect to you, right? If you don't want this thread to be destroyed for all its intents and purposes. Kindly resist replying to this post, else i'll bring it to the attention of the mods.
I see you didn't sleep well last nite, you shd have read very well his post, #saying we shd go to beer paLour#
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by log1(m): 8:55am On Oct 24, 2013
BlessedFellow:

@log1: apologies I can't read your pm because I have issues with login in the email account I used to create this account. I will give you another email address you could get across to me.

Cheers!

oh! I thought you intentionally ignored it, now I know why. Please you can get across to me on orilog1@gmail. com
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 24, 2013
kingphemy: Morning room,

This thread is a nice concept. Glad I stumbled on it.

Am a graduate of Applied geophysics. I am desirous of a career in the oil and gas industry but my grade is against me (3rd class). I am presently working in a GIS firm as a trainee. So far, the work I av been doing didn't have any bearing to my desired field. Also, I am proficient in the acquisition and interpretation of VES data for hydrologic borehole drilling (this feeds me those days as a student) .

Now my question is, what trainings and certifications can I acquire to be where I desire in a time frame of three years bearing in mind the cost (I currently earn around 80k) ?

Sorry for the long post.
hello like I mention earlier u are on the right track, I drop my no earlier call me u have a lot to learn,with good certification u are good to go,nebosh igc,mud or fluids engineering and many more, 3rd class is not a yastick...... One love
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by BlessedFellow: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
log1:

oh! I thought you intentionally ignored it, now I know why. Please you can get across to me on orilog1@gmail. com
Thanks

I have emailed you.

Cheers!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
I just wanted to ask the best place to do your HSE program which is
most relevant to the petroleum Industry....
1. Nigerian .maritime academy...Oron
2. Nigerian institute of safety professionals
3. all other companies offering HSE certification opportunities...
you responses would be highly appreciated
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 28, 2013
Goodmorn house,how was your weekeend as for me it was great,Agenda of the week is.....best site you can build your your networktt2.Best oil and gas society to join...It has started cheers as for me i love linkedin and oilpro,what about u?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:23am On Oct 29, 2013
imag5: Goodmorn house,how was your weekeend as for me it was great,Agenda of the week is.....best site you can build your your networktt2.Best oil and gas society to join...It has started cheers as for me i love linkedin and oilpro,what about u?
am on linkedin, oilpro sent me invitation last week, am yet to register anyway, pls I really need thy help!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.