Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168871 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
jazinogold: finally! finally!! finally!!! we made it to the front page! congrats....more geologist v com to join the big family! shoutout to the old members of this trend...imag, ideology; i am strata and co. u guys r 2much! rep uniben geology....SEG President uniben chapter!
well done pals, just handed over SEG treasury and files early this year to new excos
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by megautche: 12:01am On Nov 15, 2013
@idealogy, it is not easy to manufacture oil and gas exp.i needed to quit now and plan my future. i know it is not easy but if u dont plan for the future, who will take kia of u in the future. i tried to hang on but the more i stayed the more yrs i waste
ideology:
wow another FuToite welcome, but was it not possible to hang around the banking sector till you get a job before you resign. I finished from FuTo, Geophysics

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 15, 2013
Wow!

I don't know where to post this and it isn't specifically related to this thread but generally ecompasses various field of learning

http://www.learnerstv.com/Free-engineering-video-lecture-courses.htm
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 12:02am On Nov 15, 2013
jazinogold: finally! finally!! finally!!! we made it to the front page! congrats....more geologist v com to join the big family! shoutout to the old members of this trend...imag, ideology; i am strata and co. u guys r 2much! rep uniben geology....SEG President uniben chapter!
Congratr pals, I handed over SEG treasury and files early this year to new excos in FuTo. we have reach summit on SEG student chapter award, hope the benefits will increase.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 12:04am On Nov 15, 2013
2s£xy:
Wow!

I don't know where to post this and it isn't specifically related to this thread but generally ecompasses various field of learning

http://www.learnerstv.com/Free-engineering-video-lecture-courses.htm
ms. you never sleep
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by kadas01(m): 12:06am On Nov 15, 2013
@ OP......Tnx for representing the Geo-world!......I'm very proud of my profession!!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2013
pls has anyone here tried to register on shell graduate recruitment its been on since March, will be closing Dec.
pls try and join linkedin and oilpro social networks it would be very helpful too
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by samilo88(m): 12:08am On Nov 15, 2013
imag5: Dear explorers and engineers
Have you found yourself in a situation that you never expected you would be in and you’re stressed out of your mind? You may feel your whole world is crashing in on you and that you’ve lost everything. You are just plain tired. Don’t panic and don’t quit! You’re still here in your right mind. Everything else is a bonus.

You may have been in this place before where you’ve wondered, "How can I get through this?" You couldn’t see it, but somehow you made it. And you will again. Stop ~ take a deep breathe! Calm yourself and encourage yourself. Keep in mind, who you had to be and what you had to do in the past to overcome what appeared to be insurmountable odds. You still have that power that makes you a winner. Keep your head up. Come out swinging. Know in your heart of hearts…it’s not over until you win! Because... you have something special! You have GREATNESS within you!!
God bless you for the good work you are doing. I am a fresh graduate of petroleum engineering. I just completed my NYSC in June and I am on the verge of landing a job in the banking sector due to the stiff competition and few jobs available in the oil and gas sector for fresh graduates. I intend investing the proceeds I get from the banking sector to get relevant certifications and find my way back into the oil and gas sector. Please advise me on the best and relevant professional courses that would make this dream of mine a reality. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by tiwasiaife(m): 12:10am On Nov 15, 2013
labongua: It's good to have this forum of geoscientists here. OP, you did a good thing. Having gone through 99% of posts, i observe that most of the focus is on the oil/gas industry (seismics, Petrophysics etc) but with little on near surface opportunities (Near surface seismics, geotechnical services, pollution investigation etc). I would suggest that while searching for the bug pay, if you have the opportunity of landing a job or internship with indigenous companies that are into near surface geology/geophysics, grab it. Your experience will start counting from there.

I am a postgrad student of geophysics herein Naija but my 1st degree is in physics. I have coursemates who are into geotechnical services and are doing VERY WELL. Talking of petrel, well, i have 2009 and am willing to give anybody free of charge. It's 4 yrs old but you can still do your learning on it. If you can also download the free version of OpendTect, good for you.

I am based in Lagos.

Are you attending the upcoming NAPE ICE? It could be another opportunity for you to network with industry people

tnx alot i need petrel n well ojontamartins@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 15, 2013
labongua: It's good to have this forum of geoscientists here. OP, you did a good thing. Having gone through 99% of posts, i observe that most of the focus is on the oil/gas industry (seismics, Petrophysics etc) but with little on near surface opportunities (Near surface seismics, geotechnical services, pollution investigation etc). I would suggest that while searching for the bug pay, if you have the opportunity of landing a job or internship with indigenous companies that are into near surface geology/geophysics, grab it. Your experience will start counting from there.

I am a postgrad student of geophysics herein Naija but my 1st degree is in physics. I have coursemates who are into geotechnical services and are doing VERY WELL. Talking of petrel, well, i have 2009 and am willing to give anybody free of charge. It's 4 yrs old but you can still do your learning on it. If you can also download the free version of OpendTect, good for you.

I am based in Lagos.

Are you attending the upcoming NAPE ICE? It could be another opportunity for you to network with industry people

Bros pls also send d '09 Petrel to; ichieralph52@gmail.com. Also I'd like to meet u sometime as I'm also based here in lag
Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by billtommy(m): 12:15am On Nov 15, 2013
I have a friend that finished with a 2:2, studied geology and presently serving in PH, to have a kinda edge after nysc, what re d courses would you advice her to go for?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ovokeiv1(m): 12:17am On Nov 15, 2013
Finally got to page 9...... i wnt to tnk the OP 4 starting dis thread, ure truely a nigerian wit a kind heart(after dt useles anncoulter go dy tlk trash) God bless u. Appreciation also goes to all oda pple contributing to move dis thread 4ward especialy 2sexy(we meet again finally in a place i cn cal home..... 1st met u in domain name thread den amazon kindle n nw here.)
I am a graduate of GEOLOGY n i rep NMGS NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY(NDU) chapter (structural geology n sedimentology z our strength.
Plsssss OP n all, after my service(feb. Nxt yr) i'll lyk to go 4 nse training so i jst want to knw best organisation/institution 2 do it. And wil i hav to start 4rm level 1? Cos a frnd told me dt as a graduate i shd start 4rm level 2. Tnx in advance and God bless u.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 12:25am On Nov 15, 2013
ideology:
Congratr pals, I handed over SEG treasury and files early this year to new excos in FuTo. we have reach summit on SEG student chapter award, hope the benefits will increase.
sure it would....we were able to organise an excursion to some oil wells n flowstation in benin inconjuction with SPE uniben, also a career talk day...were sum guys 4rm shell came to talk to us! SEG....upholding the geophysics profession.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 12:30am On Nov 15, 2013
2s£xy:

lol

http://freevideolectures.com/Course/3204/Health-Safety-and-Environmental-Management-in-Petroleum-and-Offshore-Engineering
i dy feel u....u r trying in ur research. abeg dat non technical stuff...u fit mail m 2 me? i try 2 download m but no way.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by BigBizzy(m): 12:32am On Nov 15, 2013
imag5: ok there is a mud school own by Charles pepple..the guy is a Counsultant with Addax....u will be giving a drilling fluids certificate and u are good to go......another one by JC international,IPS uniport and so many my dear......

Pls how much is the mud engineering course at IPS(PH) and help name other locations and cost where on can do mud engineering course(ph too)...am a petroleum engineering student doing masters. Reply asap pls
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 15, 2013
Sign up at 4shared.com. You can't download it except you have an account with them.

http://www.ensys.net/FREE_EIT_PE_EXAM_TOOLS/eit_fe_pe_mechanical_electrical_civil_exam_tutorial_banks.htm

jazinogold: i dy feel u....u r trying in ur research. abeg dat non technical stuff...u fit mail m 2 me? i try 2 download m but no way.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by BigBizzy(m): 12:38am On Nov 15, 2013
imag5: the issue is not the downloading but the lincense key to operate the software,however u can meet some people that aready have it to send it to ur system....it take millions to get these software...i got my first petrel2010 software from my lecturer in school then.. Send me ur mail let me see how i can send u the file......it not the software it about u getting a data and knw how to use it...cheers

Am interested too. Pls kindly send to marcusbourdelon@yahoo.co.uk I'll be very glad
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Handel22(m): 12:59am On Nov 15, 2013
wadup young nd old granites
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ishekinah1(m): 1:03am On Nov 15, 2013
i_shekinah: Am more than happy to read this thread tonight. Thanks to everyone who has taken it upon himself to educate us.

Am an Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Power/Machines) Polytechnic graduate who finished with upper credit(3.115/4.0) from federal polytechnic Bida about eight years ago.
I have equipped myself with IT skills over the years. I will like to know if Wes evaluation of my results could help me gain admission for a masters program in the states looking at the time difference whether in an IT related field or O/G.

And i will like to know if WES result evaluation is recognized in other countries abroad.

Thanks for your swift response as this has got me stuck for all these years.

@OjaP and 2sexy need your help as this will determine my next move. Thanks alot for your response.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ishekinah1(m): 1:07am On Nov 15, 2013
i_shekinah: Am more than happy to read this thread tonight. Thanks to everyone who has taken it upon himself to educate us.

Am an Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Power/Machines) Polytechnic graduate who finished with upper credit(3.115/4.0) from federal polytechnic Bida about eight years ago.
I have equipped myself with IT skills over the years. I will like to know if Wes evaluation of my results could help me gain admission for a masters program in the states looking at the time difference whether in an IT related field or O/G.

And i will like to know if WES result evaluation is recognized in other countries abroad.

Thanks for your swift response as this has got me stuck for all these years.

@ all i still need your candid advice to my post above. Thanks for your swift response
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 15, 2013
Yeah we made it to the front page, thanks to everyone in this room and also to the moderator we love you......we are the future so many opurtiunities being a geoscientist, if you need career guide pls feel at home and ask,for geology the best way to enter oil rig is to go for field engineering course like mud,lwd and mwd,wireline and so as for mud engineering we have only two schools in naija and also don't forget, MSC is also a sure way cheers......imag
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 15, 2013
BigBizzy:

Pls how much is the mud engineering course at IPS(PH) and help name other locations and cost where on can do mud engineering course(ph too)...am a petroleum engineering student doing masters. Reply asap pls
at IPS 360k with reg fee cheers
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 15, 2013
stunningjudy: nice thread. I'm Judith. I rep SPE, FUTO.
welcome on board
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 15, 2013
sholyboy08: any room for chemical engineers here?
welcome on board
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 15, 2013
9icegee: SCAM!!! People pls dont be taken in!! U cant get drilling certifications for 30K pls!!
Google jpts......it just introduction for drilling operations and offshore technology Google should be your best friend ok
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rhazhaqh: 1:25am On Nov 15, 2013
finally page10, geophysics 300L-LAUTECH,love this thread, makes one appreciate the course i feel @ home,imag5 and others, u doing a good job, kindly send some useful softwares for starters, email- ra.adedokun@gmail.com, await your reply
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 15, 2013
imag5: Yeah we made it to the front page, thanks to everyone in this room and also to the moderator we love you......we are the future so many opurtiunities being a geoscientist, if you need career guide pls feel at home and ask,for geology the best way to enter oil rig is to go for field engineering course like mud,lwd and mwd,wireline and so as for mud engineering we have only two schools in naija and also don't forget, MSC is also a sure way cheers......imag
IPS and sldtek...while in abroad you can Google MDS maritime drilling school Canada, halliburton mud school..IDP bariod,
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by adolamide: 1:54am On Nov 15, 2013
My naija geomen abeg una don hear anything abt Environmental Health Council certification wey one feg govt parastatal dey issue? And can it be used in place of HsE?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 15, 2013
As regard GRE/TOEFL, I will advice anyone to consider going to ghana for the exam. I would have recommend Benin republic but I believe they do only paper based test.. You don't need flight to get to ghana if you can't afford it, go to jibowu yaba and u ll sure see some buses ending there. Geology and its kind rocks now! It's the best time to join the train. Doing ur Msc in the US in either geological/petroleum field is really a smart move that I will advice any one to embark on. The knowledge I have acquired is enough to make me feel fulfilled though I still have a semester to wrap things up, I feel this is truly education offered at the highest pedestal.. I'm glad SPE is represented here too.. SPE actually helped me alot in my days in 9ja.. Please follow up with SPE, SEG and NAPE(hope I'm right with this acronym).. I don mark register, would follow up.. *wick*

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.