Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. (2429 Views)

What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You / 10 Things That Youths in Church Are Guilty Of / All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by PastorKun(m): 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
pastor prosper :
My brother if u had been in d habit of critising passstors and churches, why not just stop, d days of ignorance God would overlook, am sure u have not yet crossed d line. Am sure u know I told u d truth. Wish u all d best.

As a christian or a pastor you claim to be, you should be more interested in church leaders being righteous and accountable instead of covering up their evil deeds. Jesus was the biggest critic of religious leaders in his days and our religious leaders today are most certainly not better. I suggest to stand for the truth and condemn what is evil instead of defending what is wrong in churches. Even Jesus warned us that many false preachers would come in his name.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dear pastor Kun I had long expected your comments, two wrongs font make a right, I saw your thread on tithing, and I was so embarrassed that a pastor would day such shamful thing. Pastors can be corrected by d laity but insulting them or making wrong conclusuons on their practices is wrong.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by PastorKun(m): 7:39am On Oct 12, 2013
pastor prosper :
Dear pastor Kun I had long expected your comments, two wrongs font make a right, I saw your thread on tithing, and I was so embarrassed that a pastor would day such shamful thing. Pastors can be corrected by d laity but insulting them or making wrong conclusuons on their practices is wrong.

As a child of God, do you feel comfortable with preachers twisting the word of God? Is is not obvious to you that the church has derailed from the true gospel of Christ? Jesus did not tolerate the hypocritical religious leaders [pharisees] of his time so why should i keep quiet when so much is going wrong in the church today? The most shameful thing in christiandom today is the kalo kalo gospel AKA prosperity gospel which you guys preach to draw crowds to yourself and make money whilst perverting the true gospel of Christ.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2013
@pst prosper. Who told u dat they are commiting unpardonable sin. Cant pst b corrected again if they ar missing d track. Ar u God dat 4gives sins or what?
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:18am On Oct 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

As a child of God, do you feel comfortable with preachers twisting the word of God? Is is not obvious to you that the church has derailed from the true gospel of Christ? Jesus did not tolerate the hypocritical religious leaders [pharisees] of his time so why should i keep quiet when so much is going wrong in the church today? The most shameful thing in christiandom today is the kalo kalo gospel AKA prosperity gospel which you guys preach to draw crowds to yourself and make money whilst perverting the true gospel of Christ.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2013
Pastor Kun I saw you twist d bible over tithing if ubare a pastor u well know that tithing is correct. I know many pastor have twisted d bible for financial gain, that does not mean tithing is wrong, and am not refering to oyedepo or pastor adeboye these are tru men of God. When u went on a charade against tithing I was shocked to my marrows,if u are a pastor as u claim and u use a public forum to encourage people to disobey God, well am afraid for u, repent, study your bible more and let God speak to u.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: @pst prosper. Who told u dat they are commiting unpardonable sin. Cant pst b corrected again if they ar missing d track. Ar u God dat 4gives sins or what?
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:34am On Oct 12, 2013
Ukuts gp, look at d following scenarios: pastor Kun posted:" pls share your testimoney on why u stopped tithing" And nairalanders went:" bishop oyedepo is a thief" "adeboye is wicked for asking people to donate 1million" what does he need a bigger hall for, and d charade against men of God went on like that. Haba, do u know d bible said that even an angel who was sent to fight satan did not rebuke satan personally, because Satan was his former boss and angels respect authority, d bible now said but this generation are not afraid to speak evil of dignatories, who are dignatories if not your leaders, pastors, bishops. God told me to warn people, if u don't like a church, kindly leave that church and find one where u are comfortable. Only God knows who is who,u may be criticising whom God has approved and be hailing whom God has condemned.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by PastorKun(m): 8:39am On Oct 12, 2013
pastor prosper :
Pastor Kun I saw you twist d bible over tithing if ubare a pastor u well know that tithing is correct. I know many pastor have twisted d bible for financial gain, that does not mean tithing is wrong, and am not refering to oyedepo or pastor adeboye these are tru men of God. When u went on a charade against tithing I was shocked to my marrows,if u are a pastor as u claim and u use a public forum to encourage people to disobey God, well am afraid for u, repent, study your bible more and let God speak to u.

I would really appreciate it if you can show me one single place I twisted scripture over tithing and also post the particular scripture I twisted for all to see cause contrary to your claims, it is tithe preachers that twist scripture to justify the practise. They twist agricultural produce to mean money and they twist and mis apply the tithe doctrine meant for Jews under the law to christians who are under grace. Asides are you God to know that Adeboye and Oyedepo are true men of God? Are they bearing Godly fruits?
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2013
Pastor Kun how can u talk like this, was there money then, wasn't agricultural produce d form of money available then. Ok jesus said if your eyes causes u to sin pluck it out,y haven't u plucked out your eyes. When u read d bible read carefully to understand what it says d bible says tithe of all and all means all, including money, most people in urban areas don't farm, they do in a way though their farms are their offices and buisnesses, read Matthew 23:23. What is cumin, sill and mint, is it not money. Pastor Kun why not drop your bias and read d bible well,it is not about any pastor or church now it seems a pastor or church once hurt u and u are on a revenge mission to discredit them.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2013
Pastor Kun even jesus said in Matthew 23:23 not to neglect toboay tithe also in adddition to showing love and mercy. People like u will pick d love and mercy and throw d tithe away. I pity this generation of reprobates, people who see d truth and refuse to follow it because of d hardness of their hearts. Lord have mercy!
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 9:01am On Oct 12, 2013
@ pastor Kun So is Matthew 23:23 old testament meant for Jews, Abraham who paid tithes was he under d law,doesn't d bible say we are also spiritual Jews now, see Luke 11:42, if jesus himself would tell u to tithe and u wouldn't even hear jesus am afraid for u. Read Matt.23:23 again and again again, jesus called love and mercy weightier mattersbif d law but also clearly said tithes should not be neglected. And this is pure new testament.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by PastorKun(m): 9:15am On Oct 12, 2013
@Pastor Prosper
Deuteronomy 14:22-29

22 People of Israel, every year you must set aside ten percent of your grain harvest. 23 Also set aside ten percent of your wine and olive oil, and the first-born of every cow, sheep, and goat. Take these to the place where the Lord chooses to be worshipped, and eat them there. This will teach you to always respect the Lord your God.

24 But suppose you can’t carry that ten percent of your harvest to the place where the Lord chooses to be worshipped. If you live too far away, or if the Lord gives you a big harvest, 25 then sell this part and take the money there instead. 26 When you and your family arrive, spend the money on food for a big celebration. Buy cattle, sheep, goats, wine, beer, and if there are any other kinds of food that you want, buy those too. 27 And since people of the Levi tribe won’t own any land for growing crops, remember to ask the Levites to celebrate with you.

28 Every third year, instead of using the ten percent of your harvest for a big celebration, bring it into town and put it in a community storehouse. 29 The Levites have no land of their own, so you must give them food from the storehouse. You must also give food to the poor who live in your town, including orphans, widows, and foreigners. If they have enough to eat, then the Lord your God will be pleased and make you successful in everything you do.

Have you come across this passage concerning tithes before? Can you see that money was clearly mentioned in this passage yet God did not instruct it to be used as tithe? So it's very wrong for you to assume there was no money then. Also the bible clearly instructs the tither to eat out of his tithes and also give to the widows and orphans, do you preach this to your congregation Also the bible clearly tells us that christians are not under the law, is it right to now pick one aspect of the law just because it favours pastors then twist it and impose it on christians who are not under the law? Let your conscience be the judge.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2013
I want to assume u didn't read my posts, so let me help u again, u choose to believe that passage in d old testament over jesus, who said u give tithe of Cummin And mint. Was that not money,when Abraham paid tithe did he tithe agric produce, a had half baked literate person is more dangerous than a full illiterate. Pastor Kun, go and spend a year studying your bible,if heaven means anything to u, stop what u are doing. U who say tithe is about agric produce do u bring agric produce to church as tithe. Do u also know there is what we call first fruits, during d time of Moses agric produce was d most common form of legal tender. And not money, I want to believe u are educated go and study ancient Egyptian history, trade then was more by batter even taxes were paid tru agric produce, only few persons like kings and few elites had copper coins, gold, silver etc, so agric produce, cows, sheep, were d form of money available then.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Boomark(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2013
Pastor kun, please tell this man to "sell ALL he has and give to the poor." I believe he knew the one that said it and would not be disobedient.

The truth must be told. Tithe is not true for Christians. Prosper, Tell its a lie and prove it. I never spoke any against man of God.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2013
Boomark: Pastor kun, please tell this man to "sell ALL he has and give to the poor." I believe he knew the one that said it and would not be disobedient.

The truth must be told. Tithe is not true for Christians. Prosper, Tell its a lie and prove it. I never spoke any against man of God.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2013
Bookmark I do that every now and then. All I have to me is my name and a blessed congregation. Well I have warned u all as instructed, you can continue running your mouth, hell awaits d disobedient, read this thread well I addresseed, this matter to d best of my ability. Anti christs, church haters, and pastors haters, over to u. By d way bookmark no one forced you to tithe and whether or not u choose to millions of stains all over d world do and churches xtains and pastors are propsering without your sorry change for tithes. Shalom u all. Cheers to the weekend.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by PastorKun(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
pastor prosper :
I want to assume u didn't read my posts, so let me help u again, u choose to believe that passage in d old testament over jesus, who said u give tithe of Cummin And mint. Was that not money,when Abraham paid tithe did he tithe agric produce, a had half baked literate person is more dangerous than a full illiterate. Pastor Kun, go and spend a year studying your bible,if heaven means anything to u, stop what u are doing. U who say tithe is about agric produce do u bring agric produce to church as tithe. Do u also know there is what we call first fruits, during d time of Moses agric produce was d most common form of legal tender. And not money, I want to believe u are educated go and study ancient Egyptian history, trade then was more by batter even taxes were paid tru agric produce, only few persons like kings and few elites had copper coins, gold, silver etc, so agric produce, cows, sheep, were d form of money available then.

Are you sure you read the passage the deut scripture I posted? Is it the way tithe was instructed there that you teach your church? Or is it the modern twisted version developed by your fellow preachers. That scripture showed very clearly that money was available then contrary to the lies you wrote earlier and it was just not available to the rich but to every one. You talk of someone being a half baked illiterate(whatever it means) yet you are not educated enough to know that mint and cumin are not money but garden herbs. Shame on you, you claim to serve God yet you are bringing God's name to ridicule and using his name to defraud fellow believers in the name of tithes and first fruits. You desperately need to repent.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
[/quote]
pastor prosper :
[quote author=pastor prosper ]I want to assume u didn't read my posts, so let me help u again, u choose to believe that passage in d old testament over jesus, who said u give tithe of Cummin And mint. Was that not money,when Abraham paid tithe did he tithe agric produce, a had half baked literate person is more dangerous than a full illiterate. Pastor Kun, go and spend a year studying your bible,if heaven means anything to u, stop what u are doing. U who say tithe is about agric produce do u bring agric produce to church as tithe. Do u also know there is what we call first fruits, during d time of Moses agric produce was d most common form of legal tender. And not money, I want to believe u are educated go and study ancient Egyptian history, trade then was more by batter even taxes were paid tru agric produce, only few persons like kings and few elites had copper coins, gold, silver etc, so agric produce, cows, sheep, were d form of money available then.

Bros mint and cummins were herbs not money.Please study the scriptures and quit displaying your ignorance.The jewish tithe was never paid in money
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by PastorKun(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros mint and cummins were herbs not money.Please study the scriptures and quit displaying your ignorance.The jewish tithe was never paid in money

Don't mind the charlatan, these are the kind of ill informed + ignorant preachers we have out their who see the gospel as a meal ticket. I am really sorry for the flock he pastors, a case of blind leading the blind. That said @pastor prosper in matthew 23:23 that you are quoting based on your ignorance Jesus was addressing pharisees who were under the law at that time and that verse makes it clear they were tithing 'according to the law'. Christians are not under the law thus not subject to it.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Boomark(m): 8:36am On Oct 13, 2013
pastor prosper :
Bookmark I do that every now and then. All I have to me is my name and a blessed congregation. Well I have warned u all as instructed, you can continue running your mouth, hell awaits d disobedient, read this thread well I addresseed, this matter to d best of my ability. Anti christs, church haters, and pastors haters, over to u. By d way bookmark no one forced you to tithe and whether or not u choose to millions of stains all over d world do and churches xtains and pastors are propsering without your sorry change for tithes. Shalom u all. Cheers to the weekend.

Good to know that, but it will be wrong for you not to teach your congregation (those tithe payers) to sell all they have and give to the poor. The command is not limited to some person. Do you teach them to sell all they have and give to the poor? Answer please.

When their is nothing to disobey, how can hell await me? Unless you are full of conviction in a command that does not exist, at least to Christians. I don't speak against any pastor, i speak against false teachings/doctrines. If you feel your pastor is one of them, then it is not my fault.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
When you fight corruption in any society, corruption will fight back. This op is an example of corruption going on in the church. Should I blame him? Nope. Because that is where he eats and if the food is to be taken away from him he shall fight dirty with a lot of threat twisting the scripture along the line. Should I blame the ones gullible enough to follow their preaching? Well may be. If you can't study the scripture then men will use it to rob you. Hallo Op, we know people like you.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
pastor prosper :
Pastor Kun how can u talk like this, was there money then, wasn't agricultural produce d form of money available then. Ok jesus said if your eyes causes u to sin pluck it out,y haven't u plucked out your eyes. When u read d bible read carefully to understand what it says d bible says tithe of all and all means all, including money, most people in urban areas don't farm, they do in a way though their farms are their offices and buisnesses, read Matthew 23:23. What is cumin, sill and mint, is it not money. Pastor Kun why not drop your bias and read d bible well,it is not about any pastor or church now it seems a pastor or church once hurt u and u are on a revenge mission to discredit them.
You are a bloody liar. Go and read Deut 14 and come back with more lies about money not being spent then.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This guy is a real dunce angry who is distorting bible for selfish gains or am I the one distorting scriptures to collect tithes from people Ole buruku jati jati
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
spiritual illiteracy is a real disease. *smh* see what it has turned an otherwise intelligent man into.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
tpacalipse: You are a bloody liar. Go and read Deut 14 and come back with more lies about money not being spent then.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
U are a sorry excuse for a human being.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
tpacalipse: When you fight corruption in any society, corruption will fight back. This op is an example of corruption going on in the church. Should I blame him? Nope. Because that is where he eats and if the food is to be taken away from him he shall fight dirty with a lot of threat twisting the scripture along the line. Should I blame the ones gullible enough to follow their preaching? Well may be. If you can't study the scripture then men will use it to rob you. Hallo Op, we know people like you.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
U are d worst thing that has happened to nairaland. Millions all over d world are happily tithing,and are blessed doing so.by d way no true pastor eats church tithes, and we don't need your sorry kobo in church anyway.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2013
pastor prosper :
U are d worst thing that has happened to nairaland. Millions all over d world are happily tithing,and are blessed doing so.by d way no true pastor eats church tithes, and we don't need your sorry kobo in church anyway.
grin grin God bless you jare..pastor prosper..Let them keep up with their hypocrisies and delusions by disobeying spiritual authority.These are the very same scripture that will stand against them on the last day for scriptures cannot be broken and God is not mocked.

Hell indeed has open her mouth wide.May God have mercy on ALL of us. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Boomark(m): 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
Boomark:

Good to know that you sold all you had and gave to the poor, but it will be wrong for you not to teach your congregation (those tithe payers) to sell all they have and give to the poor. The command is not limited to some person. Do you teach them to sell all they have and give to the poor? Answer please.

When their is nothing to disobey, how can hell await me? Unless you are full of conviction in a command that does not exist, at least to Christians. I don't speak against any pastor, i speak against false teachings/doctrines. If you feel your pastor is one of them, then it is not my fault.

I don't like it when they dodge important questions, but they will be quick to threaten people with what they don't want to understand. SMH!!!
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
Obedience to God and his laws is d least we owe him, touch not mine annoited says d lord and do my prophets no harm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Really A God? / Appropriated Responses To A Dumb Mutt / 'God made man in his own image'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.