Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant (11283 Views)

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by arcis: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2013
OANDO Gas and Power (OGP), a subsidiary of Oando Plc and the Lagos State Government have completed the construction of a N3.2 billion Independent Power Project (IPP) in Alausa, Ikeja area of Lagos State.

The project, which is a 10.34Mega Watt dual fired power plant has already been slated for commissioning on Thursday in a bid to vastly improve the provision of power to the state secretariat complex in Lagos.

The natural gas fired plant is expected to significantly assist in the reduction of emissions that emanate from the more than 70 diesel generators that are currently in use within the Lagos State Secretariat area of Lagos.

The Lagos State Government had said that consistent and reliable power supply to the secretariat would increase the functionality and efficacy of its employees, which it described as key to the progression of the state.

OGP said in a statement yesterday that the Alausa IPP is the second successful project of such profile for Oando, following the Akute Power Limited’s 12.15 Megawatts power plant, which was commissioned to improve electricity supply to the Lagos State Water Corporation.

The statement said: “Oando has identified the need for IPPs as a welcome resolution to Nigeria’s crippling power problem, and is implementing a strategic framework which earmarks the development of critical infrastructure to harness the vast natural gas resources in Nigeria to accelerate industrialization, economic well-being, and value creation for relevant stakeholders.

“It is estimated that the entire secretariat requires an average of 4.0 megawatts; 5.5MW during peak periods and about 0.5MW during off peak periods. The disconnection of the Alausa secretariat complex from the PHCN grid will make additional electricity available to many residents in Lagos State, and the streetlights on the main Awolowo Road will be powered by the plant, thus enhancing security for road users at night.”

It added that with over N3.2 billion spent in the development of the plant, the project has provided employment to over 200 people from the construction period to commissioning, which is scheduled for October 17.

www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=18187

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Eledan: 7:03am On Oct 11, 2013
Just imagine if we've been working along this path since independence.....and democracy was not cut short in Jan '66..

Eko ONI baje ooo

Yorubaland will keep making progress.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2013
Good one..Fash smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by fyneguy: 7:47am On Oct 11, 2013
I have an issue with the cost. I can deliver a 30 MW Power Plant at that price.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by geeez: 8:06am On Oct 11, 2013
Those who have chosen to hate us, question our development, poke fingers at our system of governance and slander our ways of life can continue to do so

Well I have news for them, the more they resent us for developing our land, the more we will give them reasons to resent us

It's in our DNA to develop

We are wired to leave anywhere we find ourselves better than we met it

That's the Yoruba spirit

That's the Odua ingenuity

Yoruba land o ni baje

27 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by blacksta(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2013
toothpaste: Shut up your tiger-clawed mouth please.

This one is just a generator.

I am shocked at this level of ignorance - I thought any power plant is a generator and the source is a fuel is what matters and in this case it is natural gas. Hatred is a slow killing disease.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by collynzo2(m): 8:24am On Oct 11, 2013
10.34MW is a giant generator at best. We need to be serious.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by blacksta(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2013
collynzo2: 10.34MW is a giant generator at best. We need to be serious.

another woeful statement - what about a collection of 10.34mw plants all over the state. Where is the rule that states that a generating plant is classified as a power station when it generates above 10MW

Hatred kills slowly - Acknowledge goods things or move on if you have nothing to write,

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by kaze4blues(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2013
Kudos to fashola.

The never-do-well fellows are here again condemning this great projects saying it is a giant generator.

Little drops of water make the ocean.

If other state govt also construct similar projects like this, I think it will reduce the load on national grid.
This will inturn improve our electricity supply.

Nigerians are indeed the problems of Nigeria.

God bless the yoruba nation.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by collynzo2(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2013
blacksta:

another woeful statement - what about a collection of 10.34mw plants all over the state. Where is the rule that states that a generating plant is classified as a power station when it generates above 10MW

Hatred kills slowly - Acknowledge goods things or move on if you have nothing to write,
10MW x 36 states = 360MW pure trash, that is not worth calling a power plant and you know it. You also have to consider the amount of money involved.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by dridowu: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2013
Lasgidi oni baje ooooooo
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by kentAire(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2013
3.2b for just 10mw. haba!!!!!!!!
and some lagos mumu dey happy.
eko oni scam !!!!!!!
i dey laugh ooooo

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by geeez: 9:09am On Oct 11, 2013
The Lagos Island IPP (over 11MW) currently powers the State House, Island Maternity, General Hospital, The High Court and the street lights in and around Marina and stretching to Eko Bridge

This Power Plant will serve the secretariat and provide electricity for street lights around Alausa and all the way to Ikeja

More plants will be built to serve public buildings and eventually industrial areas

This will free up electricity for commercial and residential areas

Slowly but surely we are on the right path towards addressing the most critical infrastructural need which the FG has consistently failed to address

7 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by deor03(m): 9:15am On Oct 11, 2013
When I see comment from Nigerians on Social Media going along tribal lines, I marvel .

In my mind, I imagine either of the following

1. That they are just joking because i don't see how people can be soo myopic
2. They are not exposed enough to see to understand the dynamics of human existence
3. They are too lazy to engage their brains and subsequently conclude that good is for tribe A and bad is for tribe B

I seriously think that Most people fall into assumption 1, so I wave all those tribal comments as "jokes"

Congrats to Lagos state, I hope all companiess, governments, estates can start developing their power plants, so as to reduce the burden off the National grid

16 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2013
Generator it is and nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2013
toothpaste: Generator it is and nothing more.
N3.2 billion generator. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: N3.2 billion generator. Pathetic

Shift comot make I destroy your Yoruba brother geeez first. Another day I will face you

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by geeez: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2013
Last year a 10MW power plant was built for €12m (N2.6bn) in a country that had the technical and material requirements - Germany

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/06/14/watch-the-construction-of-a-10-mw-solar-power-plant-in-germany/

This is a 10.34MW plant for N3.2bn in a developing country

Inflation Rate in Nigeria between last year and this year stood at 8.7%

So tell me what makes the Power Plant overpriced?

20 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by andyjyd(m): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2013
toothpaste: Generator it is and nothing more.
wèda na generator or not make FG dey do dis small Small MW all around d states.at list it will improve our standard of living. Biko!!!
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2013
geeez: Last year a 10MW power plant was built for €12m (N2.6bn) in a country that had the technical and material requirements - Germany

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/06/14/watch-the-construction-of-a-10-mw-solar-power-plant-in-germany/

This is a 10.34MW plant for N3.2bn in a developing country

Inflation Rate in Nigeria between last year and this year stood at 8.7%

So tell me what makes the Power Plant overpriced?

Good thing is good. Again well done Fash.
By removing all state owned infrainfrastructures from national grid, unprecedented measure of improved power will come to the ordinary citizens. Note that these facilities being removed always enjoy preferential treatment by PHCN.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 11, 2013
Awesome! Now let there be light!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Even Sunday Igboho Can Not Face Deadly Iskilu Wakili In Ibarapa / FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections / I Am Hale & Hearty, Chief Tony Anenih Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.