Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant (11280 Views)

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by biafranqueen: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hearme: Mikano in trouble. 70 generators are leaving.

Diesel suppliers are threatened, no more contract as usual.

if each generator consumes a minimum of 1million per annum (cost of diesel and maintenance. Of course a far underestimation, as most of us know what it cost to run diesel generators in Nigeria) then 700 million will be saved. I bet you that they can't use more than 100millin for both maintenance and gas supply to the new plant. So 600 million is saved and if you multiply this by 5 years, it implies the state has 3 billion saved which is about the cost of the plant. If the state decides to unction the generators to my beloved traders at 1million naira each that will amount to 70million naira which will pay the salaries of a local government in a month.

I remember that Odili did something like this in Rivers state. If all our leaders from 1999 has done a little of this, we would have been progressing gradually. Which other state has taken such initiative and brought it to fruition.
In much of East and West Africa, electricity sector power is increasingly produced by diesel-powered thermal generators. Diesel generation is extremely expensive for consumers, but it is lucrative business for the well-connected moguls that have the supply contracts. Even if solar were cheaper (and it is lower cost that diesel generation from $100/barrel petroleum for personal consumers and a company!), what business interest would the powerful elite have in replacing their generators with customer/ Business owned solar? A power plant needs so much land, which is feasible for some of our states that have plenty of land available. The best alternative is for state governments to build a grid, and install monthly payment program for customers buying into the Solar Systems. This is what China did.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Boss13: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
For those who will like to understand the nitty-gritty and the steps towards restoring power in Nigeria. Below is the link to Atedo Peterside's report to the Banker's Committee. Very interesting report. Atedo is the Chairman on Privatisation of the Power Sector (I hope I got that title right). He is also the chairman of Stanbic IBTC.

Someone should please develop a thread which should get to front page so that the general public can benefit. I have a meeting to attend.

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2013/10/10/after-privatisation-of-phcn-what-next-by-atedo-peterside/
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by agbameta: 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
jazzydee:

Will 10MW of electricity guarantee power to all the places you have listed above? i would like to here you defend 400 million naira per I MW of power! This is corruption at its best. and stop defending mediocrity.

1. 10MW Island project is providing uninterrupted powers supply to many 2 major hospitals in Lagos island, courts, state house and lighting more than 20 streetlights including carter bridge.

2. The 12MW Akute power plant is providing uninterrupted power supply to 2 major water works

3. This new 10MW is powering all government facilities in Alahusa and many industries in the are.

Mediocrity is you making reckless statements without offering one documented fact to back up your ignorance because you are yet to show us what was spent on similar projects in the same environment. You can not not even show us what date, cost estimates for materials, manpower, land acquisitions and other contingencies that goes into such projects, all you have is your bogus and ignorant word of mouth rubbish.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
agbameta:

1. 10MW Island project is providing uninterrupted powers supply to many 2 major hospitals in Lagos island, courts, state house and lighting more than 20 streetlights including carter bridge.

2. The 12MW Akute power plant is providing uninterrupted power supply to 2 major water works

3. This new 10MW is powering all government facilities in Alahusa and many industries in the are.

Mediocrity is you making reckless statements without offering one documented fact to back up your ignorance because you are yet to show us what was spent on similar projects in the same environment. You can not not even show us what date, cost estimates for materials, manpower, land acquisitions and other contingencies that goes into such projects, all you have is your bogus and ignorant word of mouth rubbish.

Okay heres fact for you the contract for the 10MW Plant awarded at 3.2Billion naira i.e 400million per MW is over inflated. and suggest corruption

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by agbameta: 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
jazzydee:

Okay heres fact for you the contract sum for the 10MW of electricity @ 400million per MW is over inflated.

Still your ignorant opinion till you are able to show us what similar projects cost in similar environment including cost breakdown from feasibility studies, to material cos, manpower, land acquisitions and whatever contingencies that goes into such projects..

Please keep your layman rant to yourself..
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by biafranqueen: 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: Furthermore, solar plants have little or no running costs that is why their initial installation cost is so high. So justifying this huge waste of funds with that, is rubbish.
Yes but land is needed

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
agbameta:

Still your ignorant opinion till you are able to show us what similar projects cost in similar environment including cost breakdown from feasibility studies, to material cos, manpower, land acquisitions and whatever contingencies that goes into such projects..

Please keep your layman rant to yourself..

Aso Rock disclosed at the weekend that its power intervention contracts to the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPP) contractors were worth $8 billion.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company of Nigeria (NDPHC), James Olotu, who disclosed this during the commissioning of a transmission facility in Ayobo area of Lagos, said the contracts are to guarantee 4,774 megawatts of electricity.

The contracts, according to him, cover 10 power stations, gas pipelines, hundreds of thousands of transmission lines and other supporting equipment and services.

The Federal Government had voted this amount for the NIPP which began in 2006 and was earlier scheduled to be completed in 2009.

In the framework of the projects, several power stations will be built.

They include the Ihovbor Power Station, Benin in Edo State, with capacity of 4 x 125mw, Calabar Power Station in Cross River State, with capacity of 5 x 125mw, Egbema Power Station in Imo State, with capacity of 3 x 125mw, Gbarain Power Station in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, with capacity of 2 x 125mw, and Sapele Power Station in Delta State, with the capacity of 4 x 125mw.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/09/nipp-fg-awards-n8b-contracts-for-4774mw/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by agbameta: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
jazzydee:

Aso Rock disclosed at the weekend that its power intervention contracts to the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPP) contractors were worth $8 billion.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company of Nigeria (NDPHC), James Olotu, who disclosed this during the commissioning of a transmission facility in Ayobo area of Lagos, said the contracts are to guarantee 4,774 megawatts of electricity.

The contracts, according to him, cover 10 power stations, gas pipelines, hundreds of thousands of transmission lines and other supporting equipment and services.

The Federal Government had voted this amount for the NIPP which began in 2006 and was earlier scheduled to be completed in 2009.

In the framework of the projects, several power stations will be built.

They include the Ihovbor Power Station, Benin in Edo State, with capacity of 4 x 125mw, Calabar Power Station in Cross River State, with capacity of 5 x 125mw, Egbema Power Station in Imo State, with capacity of 3 x 125mw, Gbarain Power Station in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, with capacity of 2 x 125mw, and Sapele Power Station in Delta State, with the capacity of 4 x 125mw.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/09/nipp-fg-awards-n8b-contracts-for-4774mw/

I was expecting you to show us what similar projects like the one they have in Lagos state cost like I asked, not this silly and pointless rubbish that can not provide any Nigerian or institution in Nigeria uninterrupted power supply.

What you need to let sink into your head is:: Today, only Lagos state government can guaranteed uninterrupted power supply to hospitals, bridges, government buildings and so on.

Re post that rubbish when GEJ reach that level. You are Aso Rock related of course hence your ignorant and pointless rant..

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
^^^here you wanted proof. the FG spent $8bn for 4774MW of electricty at its 10power plant.

$8 Billion = N1.28t @ N160 to $1

Fg spent 260million per mega watt fashola spent 400 million per MW

corruption corruption corruption corruption proven QED

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Fashola and tinubu pocket N140million per MW of power generated! lagos has gone to the dogs.SMH

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: Furthermore, solar plants have little or no running costs that is why their initial installation cost is so high. So justifying this huge waste of funds with that, is rubbish.

Cretinous product of a failed education system, future cost is not a determinant of present cost.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

Cretinous product of a failed education system, future cost is not a determinant of present cost.
Saggy, wetin Scun collect for your hand, you no go let am breath? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: Saggy, wetin Scun collect for your hand, you no go let am breath? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dey let am breathe na.

By punching the air out of his dumb lungs. grin
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
This scam needs to be investigated by the EFCC 400million per MW of electricity!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by obas01(m): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
As any state in Nigeria venture into power plant let those who argue blindly , those that detaste lagos development point out 1 power plant project achieved by the governor in their state wth d cost den I'll listen to their blind arguement, is Lagos the only state in Nigeria?
Sincerely speaking Lagos govt try its an eyesaw
EKO oni Baje oo
Let give kudo to administration that work.. Am not supporting any, ANY! Plotician neiter am I 1, But Lagos try!
Lagos weldon,
Fash good Job,
Lagos lead others ff

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by mapet: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
1. Belittle yourself? Oh! please......
2. I still insist that if you have sufficiently availed yourself with the details of this project, the strategy behind its deployment, the project scope and the coverage of the reach of the power plant, you will not be talking about propaganda. If Island Maternity, CDB on the Island are having uninterrupted power supply with the Negris IPP, then picturing what this serves should be easy.
3. How will it not impact on people's lives? If Lagos State can put virtually all the major infrastructure on 24/7 guaranteed power, then we can only beging to extrapolate the value offerings. At least we are sure that Island Maternity will not need to substitute, switch to or need generator when they want to perform operations (and many lives are saved). We know when street are lit, security is improved. We know when waterworks are on uninterrupted power, water continually flows to nooks and cranies of the state.....not to talk of the multiplier effect this will have on other sectors
4. I'm humbly putting it to you that rather than accuse the government in this case of not prioritizing their project development plan properly (I assume you probably mean developmental masterplan), it is you that is so ignorant. Except you can articulate how the money will solve "better problems", such generic statement is largely flawed. You have not even analyzed the reccurrent expenditures in a diesel world as against a gas world. It is funny you simply lump them together as the same thing. I tell you gas consumption is waaaaaaayyyyyyy cheaper.

5. It is essential to provide a 24/7 power supply to all the organs of government administration and if getting them off the power grid is the price to pay, then all well and good. It is as simple as the reccurrent expenditure on diesel consumption and generator maintenance is growing exponenetially year-on-year, hence the need to invest a capital cost that will reduce the expenditure by a huge margin year-on-year. It's simply managing cost, creating value and getting the office of the Lagos state government to run. Can we afford to have Aso Rock and it offices to be in darkness?

6. And to your final question, Yes I do feel a positive impact. I can now drive through the secretariat environs at night and guaranteed the security light will work. Cost of doing business at Alausa will be relatively cheaper and we have a governor's office that the Utility cost will be reduced year-on-year (even if for a little while).....Just like life has improved at Island Maternity
Boss13:

Chief, I will not [u]belittle myself[/u]to exchange words with you. Those were my opinion. We know the propaganda politicians disseminate to media houses. I do not get carried away with politician trying to get popular with the public. I quantify the effect of any project to the lives of people. I can spend N30billion but how many lives will the money change positively or improve. I believe the government did not prioritise their project development plan properly. That money will have solve better problems and impact positively on lives than providing the same need a generator will do. Remember, Oando will continue to supply gas and that is recurrent expenditure. Almost the same as buying diesel for your generator. [b]So what is the justification to spend N3.2bn - just to get LASG secretariat off the National Grid - Please read that again.

Misplaced priorities as usual. Also, let me ask you this big question - LASG spent N3.2bn - DID YOU FEEL ANY POSITIVE IMPACT IN YOUR LIFE FROM THAT EXPENDITURE? IF YOU DON'T, THEN WHY ARE YOU HAPPY THAT THEY SPENT N3.2BIlLION?
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by agbameta: 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
jazzydee: ^^^here you wanted proof. the FG spent $8bn for 4774MW of electricty at its 10power plant.

$8 Billion = N1.28t @ N160 to $1

Fg spent 260million per mega watt fashola spent 400 million per MW

corruption corruption corruption corruption proven QED

I asked you for documented data and cost break down regarding similar projects like what they have in Lagos state with, not some irrelevant and bogus rubbish you keep spewing?

Common sense dictates that when you question such projects and issues, you base your questions and concerns on similar projects and verifiable cost data to prove your point.

Question:::

Can your $8 billion rubbish guarantee our hospitals, streets, bridges, water works and public buildings in Lagos state uninterrupted power supply like the power plants in Lagos state today?

You are indeed very very slow in the head..

I don't know why you people always rush in to prop up your dullard and incompetent president every time you hear Fashola's name or his achievements.

Your dullard president was a governor just like Fashola and with all his oil and derivation money, he didn't build one single classroom or 1MW power plant..

Is it not even a shame to be comparing your president with an ordinary state governor?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by collynzo2(m): 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: Saggy, wetin Scun collect for your hand, you no go let am breath? cheesy cheesy cheesy
The guy is trying so hard to get his revenge after I pummeled him on a previous thread.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: The guy is trying so hard to get his revenge after I pummeled him on a previous thread.

A person that runs from me is claiming pummeling. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oya, person, please "pummel" me by lecturing us on how future cost is a determinant of present cost. grin grin grin grin grin

*Everyone, please wait and see Usain Bolt and Houdini mixed together* grin
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

A person that runs from me is claiming pummeling. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oya, person, please "pummel" me by lecturing us on how future cost is a determinant of present cost. grin grin grin grin grin

*Everyone, please wait and see Usain Bolt and Houdini mixed together* grin
For how long will I continue educating you free of charge?
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by emiye(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is a captive power plant, a special purpose power plant to create direct value in terms of uniterrupted power supply for Alausa secretariat and its environs. Imagine you've got to process a document in Alausa secretariat, and you are told you will have to come back coz there is no power supply lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Good step in the right direction by the LASG.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: For how long will I continue educating you free of charge?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Scared p*uussy. Run as usual. grin

Sagamite is your God! cool
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
emiye: This is a captive power plant, a special purpose power plant to create direct value in terms of uniterrupted power supply for Alausa secretariat and its environs. Imagine you've got to process a document in Alausa secretariat, and you are told you will have to come back coz there is no power supply lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Good step in the right direction by the LASG.

Well said!
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Scared p*uussy. Run as usual. grin

Sagamite is your God! cool
If wishes were horses.....
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: If wishes were horses.....

Run, person, run!

I already told them you would run even before you ran. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are as dumb and ball-less as your boyfriend, Theben. grin

Sagamite is your GOD!
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

Run, person, run!

I already told them you would run even before you ran. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are as dumb and ball-less as your boyfriend, Theben. grin

Sagamite is your GOD!
So you are now begging me to run?
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: So you are now begging me to run?

Run. person, you have no choice! grin

A cretin does not stand in the way of his God.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 11:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

Run. person, you have no choice! grin

A cretin does not stand in the way of his God.
sheer bollocks!
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 11:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: sheer bollocks!

person, how is future cost a determinant of present cost? grin grin grin grin grin

Give us evidence of your failed education. grin
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 11:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sagamite:

person, how is future cost a determinant of present cost? grin grin grin grin grin

Give us evidence of your failed education. grin
Hahaha you quickly modified it right? My hardwork is paying off. Anyway, like I said before, I cannot continue to educate you free of charge. You have to pay for this one. The information you seek is expensive.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by lookmangiw(m): 12:01am On Oct 12, 2013
It is an over inflated project. Period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dalung Solomon At BBC For A Programme On Hausa Service (photos) / FG To Release N100bn For Capital Projects / Over 160,000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.