Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,046 members, 7,956,894 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant (11387 Views)

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 12:05am On Oct 12, 2013
Scun: Hahaha you quickly modified it right? My hardwork is paying off. Anyway, like I said before, I cannot continue to educate you free of charge. You have to pay for this one. The information you seek is expensive.

You are a person!

Is that the explanation of how future cost is a determinant of present cost?

Your mental pills are contaminated?
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 12:09am On Oct 12, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Is that the explanation of how future cost is a determinant of present cost?

Your mental pills are contaminated?
I have told you, you have to pay for that information. Wretched man.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 12:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Scun: I have told you, you have to pay for that information. Wretched man.

Pansy! grin
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 12:15am On Oct 12, 2013
Sagamite:

Pansy! grin
Tranny!
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Sagamite(m): 12:29am On Oct 12, 2013
Scun: Tranny!

Is that how Theben prefers you? grin
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by poseidon12: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2013
geeez: Last year a 10MW power plant was built for €12m (N2.6bn) in a country that had the technical and material requirements - Germany

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/06/14/watch-the-construction-of-a-10-mw-solar-power-plant-in-germany/

This is a 10.34MW plant for N3.2bn in a developing country

Inflation Rate in Nigeria between last year and this year stood at 8.7%

So tell me what makes the Power Plant overpriced?

First I want to commend this effort by OANDO and Lagos State Govt. We need more projects of this nature.
However, your comparison of the cost of this project with the 10MW project in Germany is not appropriate because the German plant is solar power.
We should compare the cost of the Lagos State project with the cost of 10MW Gas Fired plant elsewhere. We should also note that location would affect the cost.
With the high level of corruption in Nigeria, i would not be surprised if the cost is inflated to enrich some individuals.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by mojeer678: 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
lookmangiw: It is an over inflated project. Period

Very short and apt.

What else do you expect when you read Oando and Lagos state government on the same page?

I can bet you that it's the normal paddy paddy deal which will make everyone happy except the present and future generations of Lagosians who are being systematically yoked and enslaved.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by mojeer678: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
victorv12: How can a reasonable government spent 3.2 billion Naira on a 10.34 megawatts of dual fired power plant! We're too damn corrupt and greedy in this country. I think we need to start stoning these our leaders anywhere we see them.

These our leaders treat us like fools that don't know anything to an extent they believe we can swallow anything. If Lagos state can generate up to 30 Billion Naira in a month, what is stopping the state from having its own hydro electric power plant?!

Lagos environs is surrounded with water, I wonder why the state can't come up with an idea of generating energy by using water. And why's the project for the state secretariat complex alone?

Our leaders are too wicked and greedy...everybody will be blaming Jonathan for not having energy in their states, I think we should look inward and remove the noose around Jonathan's neck and tie it around all these state governors.

Oando will live on Lagos state by selling natural gas or other liquid fuels to power the plant, and in the long run, the state will endup paying more to a cartel of crooks.

Our leaders are too wicked! We need to start stoning these b*stards anywhere we see them. None of them deserve any form of honor, they're all thieves!

Leaders? You call these ones leaders? If indeed they are, they wouldn't be short-changing the people they claim to serve.

The sale of the natural gas for powering the generators is based on a take or pay principle; whether you use it or not, you pay: a guaranteed flow of uninterruptible cash flow with a minimum number of long years locked on LASG finances, deducted from source. Don't you wish to be part of this juicy band of buccaneers? grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by mojeer678: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
victorv12: How can a reasonable government spent 3.2 billion Naira on a 10.34 megawatts of dual fired power plant! We're too damn corrupt and greedy in this country. I think we need to start stoning these our leaders anywhere we see them.

These our leaders treat us like fools that don't know anything to an extent they believe we can swallow anything. If Lagos state can generate up to 30 Billion Naira in a month, what is stopping the state from having its own hydro electric power plant?!

Lagos environs is surrounded with water, I wonder why the state can't come up with an idea of generating energy by using water. And why's the project for the state secretariat complex alone?

Our leaders are too wicked and greedy...everybody will be blaming Jonathan for not having energy in their states, I think we should look inward and remove the noose around Jonathan's neck and tie it around all these state governors.

Oando will live on Lagos state by selling natural gas or other liquid fuels to power the plant, and in the long run, the state will endup paying more to a cartel of crooks.

Our leaders are too wicked! We need to start stoning these b*stards anywhere we see them. None of them deserve any form of honor, they're all thieves!

Leaders? You call these ones leaders? If indeed they are, they wouldn't be short-changing the people they claim to serve.

The sale of the natural gas for powering the generators is based on a take or pay principle; whether you use it or not, you pay: a guaranteed flow of uninterruptible cash flow with a minimum number of long years locked on LASG finances, deducted from source. Don't you wish to be part of this juicy band of buccaneers? grin
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jude33084(m): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
geeez: Those who have chosen to hate us, question our development, poke fingers at our system of governance and slander our ways of life can continue to do so

Well I have news for them, the more they resent us for developing our land, the more we will give them reasons to resent us

It's in our DNA to develop

We are wired to leave anywhere we find ourselves better than we met it

That's the Yoruba spirit

That's the Odua ingenuity

Yoruba land o ni baje

How I wish the rest western states(Yoruba) can say the same undecided
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by mojeer678: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
nemadfs@yahoo.c:
this is what is done in most developed countries, independent power plants(IPP) are the in-things that power most developed economy. Mind you nairalanders, this power plant is owned by oando while Lagos state government guarantees the consumption of the power generated through a power purchase agreement. same was done for Lagos Island power plant and the akute power plants. so its not Lagos State Government Property per see. Lagos will continue to work with this kind of arrangement. Kudos baba fash. We need one in our area ooo, Apapa GRA

Since you're an expert in the power projects financing between oando and LASG, can you educate us on the terms of the natural gas sale and purchase agreement and what it entails for the people, the ultimate payer of these over inflated contracts?
Or you think Lagos won't pay for the gas? So, in this case we have payment for the power generated, payment for the feedstock to generate that power & who knows what other payments are being made which are additional to these? So, none of us can authoritatively say the disclosed amount is the total cost.

Oh! By the way, you live in Apapa GRA (if indeed this is true, and not a wishful thinking), so far removed from the reality of those of us in Alaba-Rago, Alakuko, Oke-Ira, Agric and Mushin
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by ikweremilitant: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
geeez: Those who have chosen to hate us, question our development, poke fingers at our system of governance and slander our ways of life can continue to do so

Well I have news for them, the more they resent us for developing our land, the more we will give them reasons to resent us

It's in our DNA to develop

We are wired to leave anywhere we find ourselves better than we met it

That's the Yoruba spirit

That's the Odua ingenuity

Yoruba land o ni baje
see dis mumu y alwas bragng wit lagos.take dis lagos is nt d suces story of yorubas.buld d ipp in ibadan or ekiti then u can beat ur cheast lyk an ape
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by mojeer678: 1:23am On Oct 13, 2013
emiye: This is a captive power plant, a special purpose power plant to create direct value in terms of uniterrupted power supply for Alausa secretariat and its environs. Imagine you've got to process a document in Alausa secretariat, and you are told you will have to come back coz there is no power supply lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Good step in the right direction by the LASG.

The only captives I see here, considering the analyses done by NLanders and the not-too-convincing pathetic excuses of apologists of frivolous projects of dubious utility, are hapless Lagosians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Polytechnics Vs University Students Top Debate – HND Better Than B.sc 2nd Class / Insecurity: Buhari May Shun Reps’ Summons Over Fear Of PDP Lawmakers / Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.