Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? (17181 Views)

Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? / How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How To Prepare Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by Pretyangel25(f): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
I love beans but I'm always scared to cook it especially when I'm dammed hungry because it may take me like 2hrs. man die @ bodyquake. Lol
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by Flygeriansteve: 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
o'boy:
ETB (end time beans)
grin You fckin too the words outta my mouth!
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
"AGRIC" beans

Click like if you know what I mean.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by Mubby4luv(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
o'boy:
ETB (end time beans)
Lwkmd
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Omo beans 4 ma side used to spend almost 1h30mins to get cooked. Cos I used to eat beans everyday especially the Ghanian beans....#FARTS#...
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by loswhite(m): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
tjskii: My own beans stil takes an hour thirty minutes to cook o,infact na only once a month I dey cook beans now,make e no finish my gas undecided
grin Abeg increase am is a good source of fiber. But y most girls no like beans?
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by phayvoursky(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
ITS NOW MADE IN CHINA
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by omiobo: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Back then, before the advancement of genetics, beans had much sulphuric contents, which make them harder to cook. But due to hybridization and progressive genetics, those with less sulpuric contents are being made everyday and sold to farmers. In time to come, we may only need cold water to melt the beans and it'll be ready.
Please, forget about all I said above, I have no idea what I was saying. Thank you.
*eats a spoon of beans and farts twice*

grin
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by dagbokoncept(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dea is a particeular kind of beans my friend do bring for me in skul cos his elder bros is a beans merchant. D 1st time I cookd it I was very suprisd cos in less than 30min its already overcooked, I couldn't believe it not until I cooked it repeatedly and its same experience. Since then I don't buy beans 4rm home when goin 2 skul.
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by donphilopus: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
This question seems funny, i won't be surprised anyways, about last two years or so we (friends) were gathered and discussing, one of our us just stood up and said, Lagos is now drawing closer to our place in Edo state.
He said take for instance, Lagos that was about 8hrs Journey those days, is now about 5-6hrs, we couldn't help but laughed.
He didn't know that the roads those days were bad, that was why the Journeys were delaying then.
So the same thing goes with the issue of beans
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by mickeyIso(m): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nd dis is a topic? shocked on the frontpage? grin ....we guys sabi discuss/argue on useless topics sha
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by Arysexy(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ewa agoyin or Ewa oloyin which one? U don cook guinea pea before? We call it fio fio. It takes 5 to 6hrs to cook.
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by agehero13(f): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Preciousone4ril: first to comment.
as as how naa
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by agehero13(f): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
your beans was ready in less than 20mins you no fear u stil went ahead to eat it, you get mind o. Even wen i use gas to prepare beans it takes 1hr for the beans to be ready
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by SBJoji(m): 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
The effects of modern fertiliser contribute 2 dat

1 Like

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by chiefololade: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
OP which way now... I still cooked beans today today, and na 2hrs e use don. I no know the kain beans way you dey talk ooo
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by olafusimic(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
o'boy:
Have anybody noticed it lately,i remember those days its takes up to an hour or more to prepare beans we even add some things called 'akanwu' to fasten the cooking
but just yesterday it took me just less than 20 mins to prepare the beans i ate yesternight #farts# sorry
why is that?

Lol!!!!!!

You be true comedian!
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by LEXYCOM: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
I hate beans but I like moi moi and akara.....
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by LeStylo: 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Back then, before the advancement of genetics, beans had much sulphuric contents, which make them harder to cook. But due to hybridization and progressive genetics, those with less sulpuric contents are being made everyday and sold to farmers. In time to come, we may only need cold water to melt the beans and it'll be ready.
Please, forget about all I said above, I have no idea what I was saying. Thank you.
*eats a spoon of beans and farts twice*
Interestingly, there are actually genetic modification in that respect. Some Indian scientists only recently developed a variety of rice that will not need cooking at all. Just soak like gari. You may rinse with hot water to serve warm afterwards. Might be on commercial sales soon. grin

As for beans... one minute... #a loud fart and internet is disrupted!#

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by skyscraperTM(m): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
op bro, u don enter one chance, na china beans dem sell for u

1 Like

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by pretydiva(f): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
I luv eatin beans like mad.infact dats wat 'm eatin nw.beans n fried plantain.but I cook my beans 4 like 4hrs b4 it is done.cos I like it wen its very soft
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
All well & gud, I think crop scientists would explain better on dis. Thanks to science & technology, things are fast changing these days. Gone are those days when u cook ur beans till eternity b/4 it softens, today, we have some improved( high yielding resistant varieties e.g. Oloyin, Ife bimpe, Ife brown e.t.c) varieties. These improved varieties are worked on by crop scientists to bring abt varieties of beans that will have more yield, resist diseases & cook faster. More researches are being done each day on crops.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by flyingdutchman(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Promhize: Funny enough I just finished eating beans with plantain.
Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Pwah pwah, stinking thread
All of ona don high! lol
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by surawilly(m): 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
o'boy:
Have anybody noticed it lately,i remember those days its takes up to an hour or more to prepare beans we even add some things called 'akanwu' to fasten the cooking
but just yesterday it took me just less than 20 mins to prepare the beans i ate yesternight #farts# sorry
why is that?
Less than 20mins to cook beans Big lie!no mata d amount of akanwu or watever u can't beans for less than 1hr 20mins #fact
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by hustla(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
And this made FP?
Because?
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by surawilly(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
Even if na hell fire u take cook d beans sef...u will use over an hour #WALAHI[color=#770077][/color] grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by dgysoft(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
for me i think beans have upgraded to version 4.2
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by youngibe(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lil chilz: ONE song can spark a moment
ONE flower can wake a dream
ONE tree can start a forest
ONE bird can herald spring
ONE smile begins a freindship
ONE HANDCLASP lifts a soul ONE star can guide a ship at sea
ONE word can frame the goal
ONE vote can change a nation
ONE sunbeam lights a room
ONE candle wipes out darkness
ONE laugh will conquer gloom ONE step must start each journey
ONE word must start a prayer
ONE hope will raise our spirits
ONE touch can show you care
ONE voice can speak with wisdom
ONE heart can know what's true ONE life can make a differnce
AND THAT DIFFERENCE CAN BE YOU !
Keeping the faith.

Guy! Are you lost or you are high on something? Wat has this got to do with Beans cooking?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by youngibe(m): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
ajayitp04: All well & gud, I think crop scientists would explain better on dis. Thanks to science & technology, things are fast changing these days. Gone are those days when u cook ur beans till eternity b/4 it softens, today, we have some improved( high yielding resistant varieties e.g. Oloyin, Ife bimpe, Ife brown e.t.c) varieties. These improved varieties are worked on by crop scientists to bring abt varieties of beans that will have more yield, resist diseases & cook faster. More researches are being done each day on crops.
and thanks to dem too, the average life span of a nigerian has dropd to 45yrs due to high rate of chemically grown crops and junks dat we consume and call them food.
Re: Why Does Beans Take Less Time To Prepare These Days? by stephano100(m): 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
agehero13: your beans was ready in less than 20mins you no fear u stil went ahead to eat it, you get mind o. Even wen i use gas to prepare beans it takes 1hr for the beans to be ready
LWKMD...i read all d post on dis thread,bt dis 1 is damnnn funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Slim Down Pls Advice What Should I Do? / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Samosa / How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.