Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,013 members, 7,859,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? (2254 Views)

Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
noblefada: A very interesting topic, and I don't know if the OP is a believer looking for genuine answers n going thru the thread with I see the regular atheists just here to mock, I'll rather pass and let them continue in their ignorance but so far no one has been able to give a clear explanation, what I'll just say is that the tree was not a physical tree but a presentation of choices
@ bolded,
what makes you think your explanation is right
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
When I was young, I was told that you cannot understand the bible without the help of the holyspirit.
So if we do the thing, aren't we not to have the same answers?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kabieosi: @ nwuyag

Breezed through your posts, to decide whether it's worth my while picking up your thrown down gauntlet

Some of your posts due to their sensitivities, were read with water in eyes and a heavy heart

Well, to start, it is better this way and/or asking correctly
by changing "Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden?"
to "Why Did God Put The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good and Evil In The Garden Of Eden?"

Unlike other trees in the garden,
God actually had a name for this tree, just like the other one, the Tree of Life

For some reasons, the two trees must be important enough to be out-rightly called/given names by God

This is no ordinary tree and moreso the reason for not wanting leave out the importance adjectives Knowledge, Good and Evil which were used to describe the kind of tree it was.

You are right God is Omniscient, God is Omnipotent and God is Omnipresent.

but you are puzzled with
" ...why did He plant the tree there in the first place,
if He did not want them to eat out of it
?"

You are interested in freewill, as you asked "Did I hear someone say freewill?"

but your fascination ends there, as you fail to appreciate, freewill's a mixed blessing

"Good. If truly they ate the fruit out of their
"freewill", God had every power to have stopped them,
and that would have saved the world from
all manners of evil we see today
"

You questioned
"Why on earth will an Omnibenevolent God punish anyone
and send them to hellfire for doing something bad,
supposedly done out of the "freewill"
"

and queried
He gave them (which they didn't even ask for),
knowing fully well that they will misuse it eventually?
Is anyone following me at all? Yes, I know

and then you dropped what was meant to be a coup de grace
"The biggest question is how to solve this puzzle
without arriving at the answer
"You can't question the ways of god"
which seems to me like man is a slave
"

I'll tell this for nothing,

it is not going to be plain sailing explaining the why(s) because of prerequisites, mental dispositions for reading/understanding the bible, needed responsibilities on your side for grasping or for the ah-ha facepalm light bulb moments etc etc

and will also say, this bit for now, the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the centre of the Garden of Eden alongside the Tree of Life were two very important functions.

Their purpose, particularly the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. tToKoG&E) was to achieve something else once for all and the last/forever

Can I recommend the Book of Job for you to read?

You aren't an ardent supporter of freewill, so what would your alternative then be?
Curiously, how would you have done things?
What would you have differently done?

We can go further explaining the important adjectives Knowledge, Good and Evil, how possibly is God Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent in all of this etc etc after you've read the Book of Job

"The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law"
1 Corinthians 15:56 King James Version (KJV)

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
Romans 6:23 King James Version (KJV)

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"
1 Corinthians 15:26 King James Version (KJV)
like I said earlier; that I did not understand what you said. But could you expand what you mean @ bolded?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
nwuyag: When I was young, I was told that you cannot understand the bible without the help of the holyspirit. So let's now do the thing.
I have not received the holyspirit, so xtians around should go pray and ask the holyspirit to reveal this to them. But the thing is, the answers MUST be the same otherwise, someone is with a fake spirit.

What is your main purpose to mock or to learn?

You have attained the level of a freethinker,why not ignore this evil,incompetent,and wicked christian God?

What is satisfaction you get for bible bashing?

P:S I am agnostic
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

You have attained the level of a freethinker,why not ignore this evil,incompetent,and wicked christian God?

Hmmn. This one really struck me here
You made a point but what I am expecting is for xtians to admit the many flaws to xtianity.
I have had many arguments outside NL and it came to that conclusion but they(xtians) still choose to believe with the flaws(I have no problem with that)
But on NL, people keep claiming ITK,(I won't call names) and saying things that don't make sense and fail to see flaws.
And that's what threads can be used for(learning and debates).
You are wrong for challenging me that way. I may have sounded sarastic in my last post but I still meant what i said. You seem butthurt tho. lf you are not used to religious debates, maybe you could try someother section.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I ve edited my last post.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
nwuyag:
Hmmn. This one really struck me here
You made a point but what I am expecting is for xtians to admit the many flaws to xtianity.
I have had many arguments outside NL and it came to that conclusion but they(xtians) still choose to believe with the flaws(I have no problem with that)
But on NL, people keep claiming ITK,(I won't call names) and saying things that don't make sense and fail to see flaws.
And that's what threads can be used for(learning and debates).
You are wrong for challenging me that way. I may have sounded sarastic in my last post but I still meant what i said. You seem butthurt tho. lf you are not used to religious debates, maybe you could try someother section.

Me butthurt? Check my posts, I'm not a xtian apologetic
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by nnofaith: 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

in the other thread you said you had reverted back to xtianity!!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Me butthurt? Check my posts, I'm not a xtian apologetic
who cares?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
The Creator of this universe never put any tree in any garden for anybody to be tempted.

Stop spreading discredited Jewish tribal myths.

Their tribal god was Yahweh, a bloodthirsty control-freak who demanded massacres, human sacrifice, and rap.e.

Do not insult our intelligence by referring to this miserable entity as ''God''.

Thanks.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by honeychild(f): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2013
ooman:

your dumb god put a tree that they werent supposed to eat, right at the center of the garden and at the same time allowed the devil to trick them into eating it, and that is still adam's fault?

Why are you so angry? Really. I suppose you think it's cool....all part of being atheist. But resorting to insults every time you mention God or talk to religious people just comes across as childish and petulant.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:23am On Oct 13, 2013
nnofaith: in the other thread you said you had reverted back to xtianity!!

My belief is undulating
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:24am On Oct 13, 2013
nwuyag:
who cares?

Lol butthurt?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by JohnGalt: 12:45am On Oct 13, 2013
When educated people in the 21st century are arguing about a myth created by uncivilized and crude people who lived thousands of years ago, you know something is fundamentally wrong with their system of reason. How would you believe this is a real story? For crying out loud, are you this blind or just deluded and incapable of putting your mental faculties to work? If God exists, he will as much be disappointed in anyone that believes this story as fact yet going ahead to argue about it. Let me see what the 31st century will bring since the 21st century man still can't reason.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 13, 2013
John Galt: When educated people in the 21st century are arguing about a myth created by uncivilized and crude people who lived thousands of years ago, you know something is fundamentally wrong with their system of reason. How would you believe this is a real story? For crying out loud, are you this blind or just deluded and incapable of putting your mental faculties to work? If God exists, he will as much be disappointed in anyone that believes this story as fact yet going ahead to argue about it. Let me see what the 31st century will bring since the 21st century man still can't reason.
1000 likes to that
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Lol butthurt?
I 'm not you know.
going in a banter with you is a waste of my time.
I don't even know you. Maybe you should go take your undulating and confused life to somewhere else. I dint force you here
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:55am On Oct 13, 2013
nwuyag:
I 'm not you know.
going in a banter with you is a waste of my time.
I don't even know you. Maybe you should go take your undulating and confused life to somewhere else. I dint force you here

Very typical!!!! Logicboy used to be cantankerous like you,till he learnt to be more polite, that you don'( believe in god is not a licence for to you to behave like a cow,evolution has brought you far,act like a human being

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Very typical!!!! Logicboy used to be cantankerous like you,till he learnt to be more polite, that you don'( believe in god is not a licence for to you to behave like a cow,evolution has brought you far,act like a human being
Look mr man...
I said "I don't know you". I met you for the 1st time on this thread.
I am not interested in having any argument with you. I don't care about whatever you said even if you insulted me or you want to insult me. I don't even know what logicboy has got to do with me. you came to this thread and started attacking me impolitely without contributing at all.
You sound like a kid, so Is it because you see people jump into threads and start insults, you think its cool? Grow up! and try to respect people you don't know.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
nwuyag:
Look mr man...
I said "I don't know you". I met you for the 1st time on this thread.
I am not interested in having any argument with you. I don't care about whatever you said even if you insulted me or you want to insult me. I don't even know what logicboy has got to do with me. you came to this thread and started attacking me impolitely without contributing at all.
You sound like a kid, so Is it because you see people jump into threads and start insults, you think its cool? Grow up! and try to respect people you don't know.
Ehhhmmm correction you haven't met me

Also I don't recall insulting you,but I see you have itchy fingers.....let allow you have fun with your keyboard now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dependable Family & The Holy Spirit / Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up / EXCLUSIVE: 70 Sermons To Preach To Your Destiny By D. K. Olukoya - Download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.