Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Sex On The First Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex On The First Date (7634 Views)

I Want To Have Sex On My 18th Birthday, Will I Get Pregnant? / Sex On A First Date / How I Would Have Destroyed My Life With Sex On 31st Night.. What Helped Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex On The First Date by nKay448(f): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
We used to think that falling into bed with someone too soon would disqualify you from being considered girlfriend material. But welcome to 2013, when the world is a lot less sexist than it used to be.

"In this day and age, more people recognize sex as an important component of a successful relationship, not something to be ashamed of, "For those people, it's important to establish sexual compatibility early on, and having sex on the first date may be the right move for them."

Ultimately, getting 'nekkid' with some guy you've known for only 2 hours may not be your thing, and that's fine too. The point is that hard-and-fast dating rules (like "No sex till date five"wink and old-fashioned expressions like the vile "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" are antiquated and harmful—they produce all this unnecessary anxiety and shame about something normal and natural: dating and sex.

You go on a date. It's fun. You hook up…and then he loses interest. Why did this happen? Who knows: Maybe he's too picky, maybe he doesn't feel a spark, maybe he's commitmentphobic, or maybe he's just a game-playing douche.

There is one variable, however, that almost never feeds into the equation: whether you "gave it up" too soon. It's a misconception that is held by millions but the truth is, most guys just don't think like that. Men are simple creatures. In the history of planet Earth, no guy has ever said, "She's awesome. She's intelligent. She's sexy, and she's into Game of Thrones. There's only one problem.…We hooked up on the first date."

If there's chemistry, there's chemistry, and from the guy's perspective, it doesn't really matter if we hook up on date one or date seven.

"If you know that sleeping with someone won't bring out your best or will make you needy, it's a good idea to wait.
"However, don't wait because you think the guy will lose respect or interest. Wait because of how it will affect you. It's really not about him. Guys who are interested in you will still call and pursue you after they've seen you naked."

Confession time: It's also possible that he won't call after a first-night hookup. If the man and the woman are a match, it doesn't really matter when they hook up. Corollary: If they're not a match, it also doesn't really matter.

Get more interesting topics on Relationships and dating from our blog - [url]feliciaokonkwo..com[/url]
Re: Sex On The First Date by 190theclown: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Sex On The First Date by Pacify: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
nKay448: We used to think that falling into bed with someone too soon would disqualify you from being considered girlfriend material. But welcome to 2013, when the world is a lot less sexist than it used to be.

"In this day and age, more people recognize sex as an important component of a successful relationship, not something to be ashamed of, "For those people, it's important to establish sexual compatibility early on, and having sex on the first date may be the right move for them."

Ultimately, getting 'nekkid' with some guy you've known for only 2 hours may not be your thing, and that's fine too. The point is that hard-and-fast dating rules (like "No sex till date five"wink and old-fashioned expressions like the vile "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" are antiquated and harmful—they produce all this unnecessary anxiety and shame about something normal and natural: dating and sex.

You go on a date. It's fun. You hook up…and then he loses interest. Why did this happen? Who knows: Maybe he's too picky, maybe he doesn't feel a spark, maybe he's commitmentphobic, or maybe he's just a game-playing douche.

There is one variable, however, that almost never feeds into the equation: whether you "gave it up" too soon. It's a misconception that is held by millions but the truth is, most guys just don't think like that. Men are simple creatures. In the history of planet Earth, no guy has ever said, "She's awesome. She's intelligent. She's sexy, and she's into Game of Thrones. There's only one problem.…We hooked up on the first date."

If there's chemistry, there's chemistry, and from the guy's perspective, it doesn't really matter if we hook up on date one or date seven.

"If you know that sleeping with someone won't bring out your best or will make you needy, it's a good idea to wait.
"However, don't wait because you think the guy will lose respect or interest. Wait because of how it will affect you. It's really not about him. Guys who are interested in you will still call and pursue you after they've seen you naked."

Confession time: It's also possible that he won't call after a first-night hookup. If the man and the woman are a match, it doesn't really matter when they hook up. Corollary: If they're not a match, it also doesn't really matter.

Get more interesting topics on Relationships and dating from our blog - [url]feliciaokonkwo..com[/url]

So true...
Re: Sex On The First Date by Omolola1(f): 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
S.ex on the first date? Yuck
Re: Sex On The First Date by quivah(f): 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
someone forgot this is AFRICA!!

1 Like

Re: Sex On The First Date by DesChyko1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
I think too much emphasis is being placed on males, like they're the sole benefactors of sex.. Ladies had better start enjoying it for their own good, because in spite of what is said, come today, come tomorrow, guys would keep bedding more than one chic. Besides, you hook up, have sex, the relationship didn't work and you go your separate ways sounds better than you put in all your effort and time over the years, you still have sex, it still didn't work and you'll still go your separate ways. Someone did say 'Every break-up brings you a step closer to whom you're meant to grow old with'

2 Likes

Re: Sex On The First Date by nKay448(f): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
I think too much emphasis is being placed on males, like they're the sole benefactors of sex.. Ladies had better start enjoying it for their own good, because in spite of what is said, come today, come tomorrow, guys would keep bedding more than one chic. Besides, you hook up, have sex, the relationship didn't work and you go your separate ways sounds better than you put in all your effort and time over the years, you still have sex, it still didn't work and you'll still go your separate ways. Someone did say 'Every break-up brings you a step closer to whom you're meant to grow old with'
I stand right by you
Re: Sex On The First Date by nKay448(f): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Omolola1: S.ex on the first date? Yuck
Not everyone sees it tru your eyes dear
Re: Sex On The First Date by Princeparix(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
So?
Re: Sex On The First Date by Toktee(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
nKay448:
I stand right by you
So,so,so i i i think i i am in love with you babe
Re: Sex On The First Date by quivah(f): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
@des.chyko
There are two things involved in your comparison:
The first instance;you made it sound as if se.x was the major reason for the breakup..like the guy dump the girl cause he felt she was cheap or its the other way round or another thing caused the breakup.
The second instance; again,you made it seem relationship revolves around s.ex. If after the wait,the relationship got crashed after the se.x..it simply means the se.x dint work!! Or another thing caused the breakup.
Both the first and second instances! There are other reasons to break up aside se.x...its not just about s.ex!
With this,its better to wait!

So,either ways its better to wait!
I prefer the later(waiting) why? Along the line,there is a high chance of breaking up before the sex with other factors being the p with lil or no regrets after all "come today come tomorrow guys would keep bedding more than one chic" isn't it better to be -1 for some particular guys?!
.I believe a high percentage of girls think the same way..

3 Likes

Re: Sex On The First Date by quivah(f): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Toktee: So,so,so i i i think i i am in love with you babe
birds of a feather lol..
I never knew people fall for reasons like this! Lol
Re: Sex On The First Date by nKay448(f): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
quivah: @des.chyko
There are two things involved in your comparison:
The first instance;you made it sound as if se.x was the major reason for the breakup..like the guy dump the girl cause he felt she was cheap or its the other way round or another thing caused the breakup.
The second instance; again,you made it seem relationship revolves around s.ex. If after the wait,the relationship got crashed after the se.x..it simply means the se.x dint work!! Or another thing caused the breakup.
Both the first and second instances! There are other reasons to break up aside se.x...its not just about s.ex!
With this,its better to wait!

So,either ways its better to wait!
I prefer the later(waiting) why? Along the line,there is a high chance of breaking up before the sex with other factors being the p with lil or no regrets after all "come today come tomorrow guys would keep bedding more than one chic" isn't it better to be -1 for some particular guys?!
.I believe a high percentage of girls think the same way..

sEX now sEX four months leta!!!, a relationship that isn't ment to be wont be.

2 Likes

Re: Sex On The First Date by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sex on the first or last date, what difference does it make?

The puzzy would still get smashed to smithereens regardless with the chics turning into a pseudo destiny's child karaoke singer - say my name, say my name.

Being tight with your pum won't make the guy stay or rate you because your action and/or inaction can't alter the end-game.

Be wise and don't be an Indian giver!

Shalom! cool
Re: Sex On The First Date by quivah(f): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
nKay448:

sEX now sEX four month leta!!!, a relationship that isn't ment to be wont be.
yeah! True...
More like,sex wont keep a relationship strong,..so why the stress?!thank you!
But then again,the latter is the best.with high chance of breaking up within the period of 4months before the s.ex..
Don't tell me,the 'what is not meant to be" signs wouldnt show during/before the 4months?..

Its not about sex..there are other factors to consider.

Look ^^^what a guy up there think of girls..will such a person respect you after s.ex on the first date?..
Re: Sex On The First Date by nKay448(f): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
quivah:
yeah! True...
More like,sex wont keep a relationship strong,..so why the stress?!thank you!
But then again,the latter is the best.with high chance of breaking up within the period of 4months before the s.ex..
Don't tell me,the 'what is not meant to be" signs wouldnt show during/before the 4months?..

Its not about sex..there are other factors to consider.

Look ^^^what a guy up there think of girls..will such a person respect you after s.ex on the first date?..
Anyway am not in support of sEX on a first date. There are actually more important factors dat can make or mare a relationship.
Re: Sex On The First Date by quivah(f): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
nKay448:
Anyway am not in support of sEX on a first date. There are actually more important factors dat can make or mare a relationship.
exactly . smiley
Re: Sex On The First Date by firetrap(m): 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
quivah: someone forgot this is AFRICA!!

it happens in Africa much more than you know.
Re: Sex On The First Date by lipsyliscious: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
I just laff at nigerians in Spanish, d same pple dat will say dere is no big deal in having Sex during d first date will call a girl a slut once she sets up a thread with dis heading, "I have had Sex with 5 guys in 3yrs, is it too much?"

1 Like

Re: Sex On The First Date by UyiIredia(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nice article. Daz all.
Re: Sex On The First Date by Enegod(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Every time I go out with a woman she
always wants sex. I try to hold back but
these women refuse to take no for an
answer......It must be because I'm so attractive
Re: Sex On The First Date by 50calibre(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sex on the first date? I don't mind because im a dude, but I understand if a girl isn't down for that.

However on the 3rd or 4th date, I'd expect her to present her pus*y to me, without me even asking!! grin
Re: Sex On The First Date by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Personally I see nothing wrong with having sex on the first date if both parties want it and see nothing wrong with it, society should dictate how you live your life because you can never please society.
Not all guys will call you cheap for having sex with them on the first date while some only want sex from you and nothing more, it all depends on the set of beliefs that guide you as a person.

1 Like

Re: Sex On The First Date by jaz(m): 6:37am On Oct 12, 2013
I'm fully African but I'm yet a man. Sex on a first date is not advised however it is not the most important factor in keeping a man. After having laid plenty chics most on the first date either day or night I can say the lady I'm about marrying is an angel.
I put her back to the couch in a matter on minutes yet our love has blossomed and 2 years after I'm a happier man and thankful to have her.
So me Ladies that's not to be the priority. Rather do unto your guys as you would have them do to you. And I mean in every ramifications
Re: Sex On The First Date by Nextworldnx(m): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2013
@OP, will u marry me?
Re: Sex On The First Date by Amya(f): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2013
If you hook up with every guy you have a first date with (whether or not a relationship later occurs) wouldn't that make you a sl.ut or something?

Naturally, if you sleep with a guy on the first date, he assumes that's what you do with every other guy, and no matter how awesome you are, he'll never take you seriously.
Re: Sex On The First Date by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Amya: If you hook up with every guy you have a first date with (whether or not a relationship later occurs) wouldn't that make you a sl.ut or something?

Naturally, if you sleep with a guy on the first date, he assumes that's what you do with every other guy, and no matter how awesome you are, he'll never take you seriously.
ur level of reasonin is abysmally poor. FYI, I'm currrently very interested in a girl we made love d very first time we met after 7months of online chit chat, and na she dey even do anyhow now sef.
Re: Sex On The First Date by jaz(m): 5:12am On Oct 13, 2013
@ Jenams. no need for insults.

really, it depends on the individuals involved. STILL i wont advise cos there are too many sharp unserious guys nowadays. angry
Re: Sex On The First Date by rman: 9:28am On Oct 13, 2013
A young man entered a club in USA 21yrs ago, met a girl , slept with her that night at the back of his car and later married her. Their first child is 19yrs old now. I have never met another set of couple that are so down to earth and happy. Everytime I visit their home they both act like kids on a play ground. I learnt a very important lesson when the man told me how he met his wife and what happened that night. For some, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

A lot of us are more concerned about what people will say if such a relatioship came crashing. There are no specific rules to successful relationships.

1 Like

Re: Sex On The First Date by nKay448(f): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
No rules to this game called LOVE. cos the way it will work for Peter isnt d way it will work for James. in everytin we do, FOLOW UR HEART.

1 Like

Re: Sex On The First Date by Toktee(m): 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
quivah:
birds of a feather lol..
I never knew people fall for reasons like this! Lol
See ur ugly black face,are u jealous?
Re: Sex On The First Date by youngice(m): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
quivah: someone forgot this is AFRICA!!
i could kiss u,pls tell them o,they will b proposing theories on how morally sound values are 'ANTIQUATED AND OUTDATED' abeg i know im not a saint but any gal i f*ck on our first is out. God punish chemistry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Have Sex With A Distant Cousin / Pls Help, My Girlfriend's kitten Is Too Wide / I Have Been Stabbed In The Heart By My Very Own Friend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.