Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? (11052 Views)

3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by eslynera(f): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2006
well i don't think if that's a good idea, if u know that this guy is engaged to someone, why should u waste ur time and be like a thief?? undecided just go ahead witchyo life, and get engaged too undecided undecided undecided undecided cheesy
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by babygirl1: 1:24am On Jun 10, 2006
Are U kidding or what , imagine Urself being the person, he's engaged to. how will u feel if am dating him , NONSENSE PLS tell us full story,  no need to hide anymore,  some people are going crazy about DATE
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by eslynera(f): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2006
hey it's like datin someon's husby undecided
once someone is already engaged u don't have to be a hopping bird anymore, u know? just follow ur life and do ur stuffs, if he'll feel like datin u so badly, just tell him "ur'e engaged. sorry i can't"
short n simple cheesy but if u can be like a bird too at the same time then go ahead, but bear in mind you won't be happy findin ur guy datin a chyk while he already engaged u, see?? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Blue2(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2006
Girl leave the guy alone, he is quarter to marry and i don't think you would want to be rememebered as that girl who nearly spoilt someone's garri! these things have a way of back-lashing. so my advice is leave teh guy alone and lok for your own. As per teh love thing, i don't think teh guy really loves you, when push turns to shove he'd fall back into the arms of his fiancee not U!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mukina2: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2006
noo u'll end up wit a broken heart
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Shagari2(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2006
Bluemoon it ain't over till the fat lady sings! get get get it girl
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by pal(f): 9:36am On Jun 12, 2006
na ma oh i cant do dat 4 any reason cos what ever u do may also b done 2 u too.well gone are d days when one didnt knw all these things.but knw we shuld stop .
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by pal(f): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2006
na wa oh i cant do dat 4 any reason cos what ever u do may also b  done 2 u too.well gone are d days when one didnt knw all these things.but knw we shuld stop . cry cry cry
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by zarah(f): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2006
chinani:

@Zarah
So the only taboo relationship is one where the woman is married?? Dating a married man (or engaged one) isn't wrong but a married woman is

And to think, some people say woman are not also fools. grin
[/color

pls read the line again.

i didnt say if only the woman is married i said if they are both married to other people.
besides, take or leave it a married woman  cheating is a taboo, but as african's we all know a man can pass. why stay in a marriage wen u can cheat, afterall men just f**k with their bodies but women with their mind, body and soul. (at least mostly)

the only fool here dearie is definately not me. thanks for the attempt at insult lipsrsealed

Big Shishi:

zarah, i'm feelin your flow baby!!
[color=#000099]

grin grin grin I know baby.
baby4u2:

@ Zarah you are completely wrong, and your analysis wrong too. Someone would not always sleep with your husband, maybe thats your mindset because of the guys u come across but i don't believe that for myself or even hope for it so do most girls. Then again did u even think of the girl getting a man for herself and not another persons man? Anyway u're a good adviser to must girls that are heading for heartbreaks. Remember Nigeria is not like America or other parts of the world. Most people want to save face/image/name. That guy is not going to leave his wife to be with her, she's just a side dish for now.
[color=#000099][/color]

I stand by my word, someone will always sleep with ur husband. naivety in reality is wat kills women, hope for it o, dont want it o, na u sabi but am sure of wat am saying. unfortunately the men i come across have got nothing to do with it, cos av seen my fair share of the guud, the bad and the ugly. but none has influenced my way of thinking.
He isn't someone else's man but the man she shares with someone, hey their's love in sharing. grin
Heart breaks are inevitable, and it's part of life, is divorce and infidelity not heartbreak? people still live thru it. but it hurts more wen u r really naive to think ur's is the only congo he is shining. embarassed

i won't want a man who will cheat on me and say no divorce just to save face i reject dat kind of r/ship. i'd rather have him say am a man baby sex with her don't mean i don't love u no more,

my dear she is not neccesarily a side dish o.
for the married men av dated their wives were the side dishes. i had the full 3 course meals and more often too, cos commitment is wat kills the flavour for men with their wives. shocked

African men are polygamists by heart, girl's get used to it, and u'll be happy.
Besides a little competition is always very refreshing.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by favourite(f): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2006
its not good sha. that means the girls is good only for friendship not for marriage. the babe should look for a serious relationship not sowing where she will not reap anything
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Tetris(f): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2006
@Zarah
Girl, you are a girl, right? You must be one cynical dish! and by dish, i mean you must be an attractive lady (if a lady) who got "worsted".

That or you are simply having the time of your life answering this rather curious post. ie. you're on the same side as Busta

As per the "rhetorical question" on whether it is wrong or right to date some dude who's eating his cake and having it for the time being and sowing the seeds for generations long worth of pain and disenchantment/disillusionment - well, you have only one life to live and life is so bloody short, feel free cos nothing anyone says here is goig to change your mind unless you really do wish to.

Folk tend to underestimate the gravity of the liitle things they do today. We all wonder why the world is such a "bent" place but the simple (actually, not so simple!) act of self-discipline and holding yourself accountable to yourself and to a higher being (for the religious) seems to be such a resistable decision to make.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by zarah(f): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2006
Seun, please help me understand why you remove every thing that i post, or is this forum restricted to certain people and their opinions ONLY?

lemmi know o, so dat i will stop wasting my time to write anything, but sit aside and read wat ur chosen few have to say.

you hurt me man.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by zarah(f): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2006
Tetris:

@Zarah
Girl, you are a girl, right? You must be one cynical dish! and by dish, i mean you must be an attractive lady (if a lady) who got "worsted".

That or you are simply having the time of your life answering this rather curious post. ie. you're on the same side as Busta

As per the "rhetorical question" on whether it is wrong or right to date some dude who's eating his cake and having it for the time being and sowing the seeds for generations long worth of pain and disenchantment/disillusionment - well, you have only one life to live and life is so bloody short, feel free because nothing anyone says here is goig to change your mind unless you really do wish to.

Folk tend to underestimate the gravity of the liitle things they do today. We all wonder why the world is such a "bent" place but the simple (actually, not so simple!) act of self-discipline and holding yourself accountable to yourself and to a higher being (for the religious) seems to be such a resistable decision to make.
[color=#000099][/color]

I prefer the term lady my dear, and believe u me i am far from attractive, if by that you mean pretty, or beautiful. if not, embarassed then i must say damn am attractive (not by looks mind you). i just know how to do my sh*t right.

My dear life is a bitch o really. u cant be the determining factor weather some people end up disillusioned/disenchanted. life with or without you wont make a difference cos dat would be the life god chose for them. sh**t happens.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by babadee(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2006
what a load of chickenshit!!!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by chinani(f): 6:48am On Jun 13, 2006
Zarah, I re-read and you stated (correct me if I'm wrong) it is alright to sleep w/ a married man but not if the woman is also married. . .which leads me to believe that men have more sexual freedom in your book. Man married = ok. Man married & woman married = not ok. The only difference being that the woman is married. I don't see where you're losing me. . .Anyhow, you stand by your word and so do I. Happily I stand. wink
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mamaput(f): 7:14am On Jun 13, 2006
what Zarah, says is not ok but it is a fact..
The world has not changed. (Not in Nigeria)
Its only when the not wife starts making demands but she can always become a second wify
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by chinani(f): 7:39am On Jun 13, 2006
mamaput:

what Zarah, says is not ok but it is a fact..
The world has not changed. (Not in Nigeria)
Its only when the not wife starts making demands but she can always become a second wify
I wasn't debating the factual quality (is that a phrase?). But in my previous post I pointed out that the woman had less sexual freedom (per her post) and she responded as though I had misunderstood her. And I don't think I did. That's why I wrote the above post.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mamaput(f): 7:59am On Jun 13, 2006
Well we are talking about if it is ok and not if it is a fact.
I do not find it ok.
I will not dump a boyfriend or husband because he is sleeping with another woman. But just maybe i will pay him back and i will let him know because i will do it in a way he will find out and know i was not even hiding
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by beyunce(f): 10:47am On Jun 13, 2006
Hell no. Not Right or Ok
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by zarah(f): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2006
[/color]

Ye
babadee:

what a load of chickenshit!!!
[/quote

yeah right!! lipsrsealed[color=#000099]
mamaput link=topic=14751.msg423328#msg423328 date=1150181973:

Well we are talking about if it is ok and not if it is a fact.
I do not find it ok.
I will not dump a boyfriend or husband because he is sleeping with another woman. But just maybe i will pay him back and i will let him know because i will do it in a way he will find out and know i was not even hiding

My dear that approach is wrong o, unless u no send the man. but if u send am na wahala o cos e fit just move in with his lover and say.
baby hold me my wife is cheating on me. cry (dats how shallow men are)
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mamaput(f): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2006
Am speaking for myself.
No woman will pack in here na me get the flat.
He has to move out and that also is fine by me.
Win some lose some.
He started it .Am not about to go fighting or crying after a man.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by zarah(f): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2006
mamaput:

Am speaking for myself.
No woman will pack in here na me get the flat.
He has to move out and that also is fine by me.
Win some lose some.
He started it .Am not about to go fighting or crying after a man.
[color=#000099][/color]

good talk my dear, good talk!!!
I hate it when women say sh*t like i can't walk out of my marriage cos of the kids, or cos divorce is not an option, yet cry themselves to sleep every nigh.

life goes on damn it, besides you CANNOT force a man to love you, so once he begins acting up cos he's fallen out of love with you, it's time to move on.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by akwanwa1(f): 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2006
;D angry angry shocked[color=#990000][/color]  yes its wrong. cry cry[b][/b]
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Ashiwaju(m): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2006
Well, Zarah and mama put share same veiw, which is the reality of life. its one thing to say this and do anada. i commend you for atleast speaking your mind, the truth and what you feel is right.

But come to think of it, its really not okay and its unfair to date an engaged man or is it one thing to be engaged and another thing to be married?
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by eslynera(f): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2006
@TOPIC: IT'S NOT OKAY, SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO FXXKS OFF tongue
IT AIN'T FAIR tongue undecided sad
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mamaput(f): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2006
Germany won p***land go home cool
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by eslynera(f): 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2006
ooh mamaput, u love germany huh? cheesy smiley
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mamaput(f): 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2006
I want Brazil to win
and maybe Angola
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by eslynera(f): 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2006
Oh, i want Angola to win, i'l pray for it to. tongue
it will, i'm sure it will kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mamaput(f): 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2006
so let the others go homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by bluemoon(f): 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2006
cheesy sad
What can I say!
I am however glad for every response i got here, although some were unnecessary brash it however goes to show how different we all are in our thoughts.
I posted this questiona while back and i dare say quite a bit has happened since then. He hasn't left his girlfriend but the good news is, i'm beginning to realize the futility of this relationship.
It is wonderful n i know he trully cares but as we all know breaking off commitements in Nigeria is not as easy as it is abroad where people realize they are not inlove with the people they are about to marry n therefore not spend the rest of their lives with them. And even if that was the case i wouldnt want that to happen to another girl like him(i can imagine the dreams she's building).
I know I havent met half the world's population and can therefore still meet my better half at any point. I however hope there are less people like georgee and more like rhea.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Rhea(f): 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
bluemoon:

cheesy sad
What can I say!
I am however glad for every response i got here, although some were unnecessary brash it however goes to show how different we all are in our thoughts.
I posted this questiona while back and i dare say quite a bit has happened since then. He hasn't left his girlfriend but the good news is, i'm beginning to realize the futility of this relationship.
It is wonderful n i know he trully cares but as we all know breaking off commitements in Nigeria is not as easy as it is abroad where people realize they are not inlove with the people they are about to marry n therefore not spend the rest of their lives with them. And even if that was the case i wouldnt want that to happen to another girl like him(i can imagine the dreams she's building).
I know I havent met half the world's population and can therefore still meet my better half at any point. I however hope there are less people like georgee and more like rhea.

Thanks Bluemoon. smiley

If we firmly believe in the laws of karma, if we do to others only what we want done to ourselves, if we believe that what goes round comes around, then one would fully appreciate the downsides of dating a married man/woman; and be ready to face the music.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do African Men Want In A Woman! / When I Thought I've It Seen All (guys Things Dey Happen O) / A Girl Shares Her Experience With Short Guys, Saying It Was Terrible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.