Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611416 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidinmaaa: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
newacca:
Banks don't give out acct balance to embassy;and no embassy will ask for such. The bank forward copy of the printed SOA you submitted to the embassy if they wanna verify ur (submitted) SOA. They may want to verify the balance if it tallies with bal. on d SOA u submitted(and they do that through the faxed copy directly from your bank,and the bank will req.ur permission b4 doing this) Ur bank/sponsor's banker will confirm frm u/ur sponsor as d case maybe.
No Bank will every give out your bal. even to your wife or father! Roger that.

Ur very correct. My cousin's sponsor was called last week by d bank asking his permission for his acct to be verified. They even asked the man is he was sponsoring someone dat CDHC asked for his act verification but cnt do it without his permission. It is dat consent u signed that made them call not for them to jump protocols. If ur sponsor's consent is not sort don't u think anybody can spy someone's act and use it?are bankers not humans?u can get someone in d bank give u someone's statement and even show u d signature na! Den u submit as sponsor but because dey must call d owner to confirm it show authenticity dat ist the sponsor is the real owner of d act...... U CAN NEVER VERIFY AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT D CONSENT OF D OWNER.. Not at dis fraudulent time... Anybody can call and claim CDHC...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Again..why are you calling them? What are you afraid of? What have you got to hide?

Take it easy @justwise, take it easy, , what will I b afraid of. I called Just to verify d discussion if u where right or not, how will u just conculde that I have Something to hide, is just a discussion, and I stand on my point(embassy do verfy SOA but Bank can NOT release to embassy current account balance )

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
kayconsult: @ chriGo, do you think the international admission office of a college can inscribe a year duration for onces intending course in the admission letter, when outrightly they know its going to be an 8 month program ?
....If a course is 8months then its 8months....on a normal ground a 1yr course is termed 1yr cos of the few months co-op added to it....if ur program is 8months without the few months coop then na 8MONTHs not 1yr....i do not think the international admission office can manipulate this cuz its a public institution....everything they do goes public.....if they write 1yr course on ur admission letter and its been clearly stated on their website that its 8months dont u tink they can get sued for that?....just saying noni oo....this is just poor ChriGo's opinion biko. grin....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by adim02: 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Brothers we all should rest concerning this account issue.What my uncle is a bank worked with first bank 4 over 8years now,he told my that embassy do verfy but they can NOT release to embassy current balance that is against the police of banking sector.Good Luck to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by oloriesther(f): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ...The validity depends on how many years they issue u...study permit gangan is been issued at the port of entry(POE) in canada....
Tanx ChriGo 4 ur prompt response,student TRV 4 masters in Chemical Engineering is usually issued how many year TRV, what if after submitting your application 4 TRV you decide to defer admision.or after collecting ur trv, can u defer your admision 2 d next term?will d TRV still be valid. Til then.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....If a course is 8months then its 8months....on a normal ground a 1yr course is termed 1yr cos of the few months co-op added to it....if ur program is 8months without the few months coop then na 8MONTHs not 1yr....i do not think the international admission office can manipulate this cuz its a public institution....everything they do goes public.....if they write 1yr course on ur admission letter and its been clearly stated on their website that its 8months dont u tink they can get sued for that?....just saying noni oo....this is just poor ChriGo's opinion biko. grin....
@ chrigo, thanks. Although on my admission letter and on the college's website it stated one year for the duration of my course.just asked in order to be sure.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
oloriesther:
Tanx ChriGo 4 ur prompt response,student TRV 4 masters in Chemical Engineering is usually issued how many year TRV, what if after submitting your application 4 TRV you decide to defer admision.or after collecting ur trv, can u defer your admision 2 d next term?will d TRV still be valid. Til then.

My people dis is anoda technical issue, we would benefit from, our Ogas abeg we want una contribution please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Again..why are you calling them? What are you afraid of? What have you got to hide?
....@justwise seriously this is a very important discussion and am loving it ......i can tell u outrightly that some are really shaking now as to if the bank really verifies the current balance in an account.....some have gotten medical instructions with the hope that visa na sure banka so they quickly go withdraw that money from the account....alot of peeps have gotten there visa in this manner which signifies that cdhc do not really verify the current account balance cuz if they do penre!! Then na real yawa be be dat...lol.....if u have 5million in ur account, borrows extra 5million making a total of 10million, prints the statement of account, one week later, you make a withdrawer of that extra 5million.....the SOA u would be submiting would read 10million do u now think the embassy will verify that futher current balance of 5million ?....i tink thats what making peeps afraid cuz we are all scared of denial biko grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....@justwise seriously this is a very important discussion and am loving it ......i can tell u outrightly that some are really shaking now as to if the bank really verifies the current balance in an account.....some have gotten medical instructions with the hope that visa na sure banka so they quickly go withdraw that money from the account....alot of peeps have gotten there visa in this manner which signifies that cdhc do not really verify the current account balance cuz if they do penre!! Then na real yawa be be dat...lol.....if u have 5million in ur account, borrows extra 5million making a total of 10million, prints the statement of account, one week later, you make a withdrawer of that extra 5million.....the SOA u would be submiting would read 10million do u now think the embassy will verify that futher current balance of 5million ?....i tink thats what making peeps afraid cuz we are all scared of denial biko grin......
If embassy wants to know if your acct still carries weight,they can call u for current SOA after medics rather than to call bank for ur current balance.
Na yawa if this happen ooo. but I think na rare occassion this kind thing fit happen. Na chance oooo. If u no deduect 2 much money 4rm d acct,no P.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by solomonwis(m): 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
To people who think “the embassy have no right to know what you have as balance in your SOA”,I have bad news for you. You gave them the right to know everything and anything regarding the SOA you present for the purpose of securing a TRV. I have seen a refusal notice of somebody who doctored his SOA. He gave the right account info but the transactions and the account balance were doctored. The embassy wrote a strong worded letter telling him when they got the response from the bank detailing the fact that though he gave the right SOA details but the transactions and the balance were doctored. This is no hearsay,the guy was subsequently banned.

Don't be deceived,when the embassy feels there's something fishy about your application {and they always find out because they are trained to do so} they will verify anything and everything about what you present to aid the issuance of TRV. Some might have scaled through because they are lucky {and not everybody will be that lucky} it doesn't make the process flawed.

AGAIN,you gave the embassy the right to verify anything and everything presented for TRV when you sign at the end of your application. Many of us don't get to read the info before signing either via online route or paper route. They stated therein that the information may be shared with other bodies in accordance with subsection 8{2} of the Privacy Act.Information may be disclosed to bodies listed listed therein.

EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING CAN/MAY BE CONFIRMED,you gave them the authority to when you sign your schedule 1 form IMM 5257{07-2013}.

If you nurse the ambition of trying anything fake especially with Canada/UK you will be caught and the consequences will be damning.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
@ all...we don see una#prof emeritus# we sabi say everybody here go school nah, so please let's halt this SOA ish...its becoming a seasonal movie, every part of this thread has this same arguement; so its part5 turn. If we really need to argue let's argue about what makes the ONLINE route faster than it PAPER counterpart. We have exhausted about 3pages on this issue already...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

Yes o? you signed the application form, for them to verify all ur info n doc/ soa when needed, they can not go beyond that, how will they verify ur recent account balance, which is not part of the SoA, I just called my account officer and banker fm diff bank, they both said is not posible to verify ur recent account balance which is not part of the S0A, u can call and verify urself!

I like your perception on the issue of their ability to verify current balance of account. My perception is that they are most likely to verify the genuineness of the statements of accounts you submitted. Your account balance is most likely not expected to remain the same throughout the time of processing your visa if there is active cash flow which is why I believe the visa officers try to make sense of your cash flow through the analysis of a 4 months bank statement.

If they needed just the current balance then it would have been easier to just ask us to provide account details without a long 4 months statement.

I have heard of people who got denied trv after paying full tuition fees, so my fellow nigerians lets just do our bit in giving the VOs accurate infos and allow them do their own job.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
newacca:
If embassy wants to know if your acct still carries weight,they can call u for current SOA after medics rather than to call bank for ur current balance.
Na yawa if this happen ooo. but I think na rare occassion this kind thing fit happen. Na chance oooo. If u no deduect 2 much money 4rm d acct,no P.
....Yes thats true cuz they told a guy to go print another SOA. And dem deny am gbam cuz the money don deduct...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
solomonwis: To people who think “the embassy have no right to know what you have as balance in your SOA”,I have bad news for you. You gave them the right to know everything and anything regarding the SOA you present for the purpose of securing a TRV. I have seen a refusal notice of somebody who doctored his SOA. He gave the right account info but the transactions and the account balance were doctored. The embassy wrote a strong worded letter telling him when they got the response from the bank detailing the fact that though he gave the right SOA details but the transactions and the balance were doctored. This is no hearsay,the guy was subsequently banned.

Don't be deceived,when the embassy feels there's something fishy about your application {and they always find out because they are trained to do so} they will verify anything and everything about what you present to aid the issuance of TRV. Some might have scaled through because they are lucky {and not everybody will be that lucky} it doesn't make the process flawed.

AGAIN,you gave the embassy the right to verify anything and everything presented for TRV when you sign at the end of your application. Many of us don't get to read the info before signing either via online route or paper route. They stated therein that the information may be shared with other bodies in accordance with subsection 8{2} of the Privacy Act.Information may be disclosed to bodies listed listed therein.

EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING CAN/MAY BE CONFIRMED,you gave them the authority to when you sign your schedule 1 form IMM 5257{07-2013}.

If you nurse the ambition of trying anything fake especially with Canada/UK you will be caught and the consequences will be damning.

pls try understand our point here, nobody is talking about anything fake here, the embassy have right to know what you have as balance in your SOA, but they have no right to know what you have as balance after you have submitted your SOA, If embassy wants to know if your acct still carries weight,they will call u for current SOA, one guy here na example,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
chidinmaaa:

Ur very correct. My cousin's sponsor was called last week by d bank asking his permission for his acct to be verified. They even asked the man is he was sponsoring someone dat CDHC asked for his act verification but cnt do it without his permission. It is dat consent u signed that made them call not for them to jump protocols. If ur sponsor's consent is not sort don't u think anybody can spy someone's act and use it?are bankers not humans?u can get someone in d bank give u someone's statement and even show u d signature na! Den u submit as sponsor but because dey must call d owner to confirm it show authenticity dat ist the sponsor is the real owner of d act...... U CAN NEVER VERIFY AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT D CONSENT OF D OWNER.. Not at dis fraudulent time... Anybody can call and claim CDHC...
.....Chidinmaa na true you talk sha....make i disguise like cdhc now and call onye oma's sponsor's bank to verify his SOA since dat onye dude dosent want to tell us how much dey im sponsor SOA grin.....I sure hope the bank will give me that SOA balance without calling onye's sponsor biko.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
PleAse for MPH do I need GRE and toefl
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by anabor: 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

Take it easy @justwise, take it easy, , what will I b afraid of. I called Just to verify d discussion if u where right or not, how will u just conculde that I have Something to hide, is just a discussion, and I stand on my point(embassy do verfy SOA but Bank can NOT release to embassy current account balance )
I totally agree with you on this.........I have 4 years working experience with two different banks and have a fair idea on how the system work

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
oloriesther:
.....Its usually issued for the the duration of ur course...if the duration is 2yrs then u get 2yrs TRV...if na 1yr then na 1yr TRV....although i have heard of the case of someone going for a 1yr course and was given 3yrs TRV.....So if ya luck love u, u get same treatment grin....as for the differment...hmmm!! I believe their is an expiry(say 6months expiry) with which u have to utilize the TRV....if u do not utilize ur visa before dat expiry then u would have to reapply for another TRV.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ExcellentV: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nimakor:

About 13 universities have Master in Public Health and/or allied programs. Some are online, some are classroom based. Some have specific concentrations while some dont. Most have practicum though-which is essential.
There are MPH and MSc tracks in a few of the universities.
In most cases funding is MSC public health...because it is research based... But there could still be opportunities for course based candidates/students.
So you would have to be specific.
Check out these schools UBC, SFU, MUN, Queens, Toronto,saskatchewan, and alberta.Mun has a one year program while the others a two years.
Obviously there are so many factors/features to consider, but check them out first then lets have your opinion/s.

Pls which do u think is better between the Msc research base and the Mph course base?Some of the school requires identifying a potential supervisor before admission can be granted,pls do you know of any of the school that do not require contacting supervisors?Seem to like usask,alberta and uleth.what's ur advice about this schools in terms of tuition fee and adaptability. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidiadi50: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
pls can someone advice me here,i submitted my application on the 19th of july but up to now i have not heard from the Embassy.What do u tink i should do about it?Is it right to go to thier office and complain to them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ExcellentV: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
kjbobo:
Bros....A lot of schools are offering MPH in Canada and your g.p is competitive...and I will like to know if you have been working in health related field...you can try Uni of Lethbridge,uni of Alberta, among others....pls try Wikipedia results for list of universities in Canada.....and read through to make your choice.you can send me your email and I will send stuff on proposal you can use as outline to communicate with prospective supervisors.....
All the best

Just rounded up service.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by solomonwis(m): 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

pls try understand our point here, nobody is talking about anything fake here, the embassy have right to know what you have as balance in your SOA, but they have no right to know what you have as balance after you have submitted your SOA, If embassy wants to know if your acct still carries weight,they will call u for current SOA, one guy here na example,

I understand you well.

If the embassy cannot verify your balance but can verify the authenticity of your bank statement isn't it logical that they invariably have confirmed your bank balance? I would not expect an account balance to be the same all through the process of TRV application processing and issuance but if they suspect anything about the statement presented then they can always confirm the authenticity.

They might not have the powers to confirm balance as at when the statement was presented to the bank for verification {and they know this much} and that informs the idea of asking people to pay tuition and board. If at any point,they suspect anything they can always call the attention of the bank to it.

Imagine a scenario of somebody who presented a statement of account with a balance of N30 million on October 1st 2013.such statement may be confirmed 15 days later,the balance might have changed as at 16th October 2013 but the balance as at 1st October should remain the same as presented to CDHC. If they want further prove,they can always call for it.

Bottom line,it is not advisable to present anything that can not be vouched for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Huzzie: @ all...we don see una#prof emeritus# we sabi say everybody here go school nah, so please let's halt this SOA ish...its becoming a seasonal movie, every part of this thread has this same arguement; so its part5 turn. If we really need to argue let's argue about what makes the ONLINE route faster than it PAPER counterpart. We have exhausted about 3pages on this issue already...
....Oya the reason why online route is speedily faster than paper route is because they do no verify the online docx.....now we're back to the arguement....Looping tinz grin....@Huzzie u're right jare make we just die am dia.....As for the online route, even if they dont verify docx...they sure will verify the admission and SOA just like onye rightly said........

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sparta300(m): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
fadedayo: I have been a quiet follower on this thread for sometime now and and I cannot thank you all enough for the education/information I have gotten from each and everyone of you. Special thanks to sparta_300 whom my wife will be joining at Humber College May 2014 by the special grace of God. You have been a huge source of inspiration.

Question team...Please are sponsor's SOA verified at the bank when you submit your application online? If yes, how do they go about it?

Honestly, I can't say for sure, but what I can say is that, the bank statement comes with a stamp n seal/watermark from the bank, that alone should be enuf verification.
No shaking, a candle looses nothing from lighting another candle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by solomonwis(m): 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
sparta_300:

Honestly, I can say for sure, but what I can say is that, the bank statement comes with a stamp n seal/watermark from the bank, that alone should be enuf verification.
No shaking, a candle looses nothing from lighting another candle.

That is not enough authentication moreover,all of those are lost when uploaded online. So it takes much more than the watermark/seal to authenticate an SOA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
solomonwis:

That is not enough authentication moreover,all of those are lost when uploaded online. So it takes much more than the watermark/seal to authenticate an SOA.
.....Yes the authentification goes more than that and besides who wan verify a whole sparta_300 account?....dat person don ready to chop dagger for head be that grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
oloriesther:

Your TRV is not actually the same as study permit so the I suspect you actually want to know the duration of study permit.
The study permit is given to you at the port of entry and in most cases, 3 months is added to the duration of your course. After which you can apply for extension if you need more time to finish your program due to unforeseen circumstances.

You are also allowed to deffer your admission to the next immediate term but make sure you have a very substantial reason to do so.
I have a friend who deffered after her trv approval, from May term to September term this year because her trv came out late and the university adviced on differing as she may not cope properly. She is currently in Canada haven resumed this Sept. So yes you can deffer but be careful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HoraCanada(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
HoraCanada:
Ok. Thanks. I will have to weigh a lot things before my final decision

However, my intended sponsor(dad) is self employed (trader) deals in food stuffs and nt registered wit CAC and am aware that I have to show source of income
Please how will do that. Advise me

HOUSE make una contribute no matter how little
Success is Ours

...thanks @ CHRIGO, NEWACCA I am grateful

in summary receipts/invoice (1000pcs lol), tax certificate, trade association certificate will do

Wat of pix, Id card of association, letter of introduction frm d traders association

Also there are other landed properties(lands, houses) wc documents do I submit to d VO to prove d ownership. Is it d valuation report? Wat is d meaning of C of O

SUCCESS IS OURS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sparta300(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Anointed111: Pleas does anybd have a clue on how long this online route could take on the average...what could be d fate of any jan 2014 about to submit?? Tnx for your anticipated response ;DPleas does anybd have a clue on how long this online route could take on the average...what could be d fate of any jan 2014 about to submit?? Tnx for your anticipated response

As at today 16th oct, if u have ur admission letter with u, I don’t see why u shouldn't give it a try.
Online takes abt 6weeks if everything goes according to plan, I'm guessing the Jan 2014 start date will be the first week of jan so do d math, u cud still make it. No be long
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please do I need GRE or TOEFL for Masters in public Health
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

I do not see anything wrong with discussion like this, e b like say men no like dis discussion @ all, nobody is afraid (justwise), what will I b afraid of. Hahahhahahah , I just called my account officer and banker fm diff bank, they both said is not posible to verify ur recent account balance which is not part of the S0A, u can call and verify urself!
I just bumped into this discussion as i was going through the travel section. i have worked in banks both in Nigeria and the UK. Oh yes. when i was in the UK, we frequently get mails from high commissions to verify bank accounts.

It's very simple and straightforward, mind you the UK has one of the strictest data protection laws in the world, yet these embassies officials have a way of going round it and still within the data protection act.

what they do in most cases is use a true or false statement to weed out fraudulent bank statements used as proof of funds. Questions are asked based on what you submitted. The VO won't ask for the cleared balance on the 16th if the last transaction date on the account was the 12th.

This is just a scenario.

Visa officer: Was there a transaction of xxxx amount on given account number xxxxxxxxx on xx date.
Bank officer: true
VO: was there a transaction of xxxx amount on xxxx
BO: true
VO: The CLEARED BALANCE on xxxx date is xxxxx
BO: False.

Any false answer renders the statement fraudulent. The same method is now used in Nigeria.
And the bank always cooperate. All they need to do is fill out true or false or answer true or false.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Oga justwise. no hide my post ooo. its just to let applicants know that the visa officers are not dumb. They don't mind delaying applications for months if they don't get through to the bank.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.