Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (609923 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
......@Saxywale now u're talking....u just killed the arguement but however i dey vex seriously for u jare grin....if u don talk this one tey tey we for no chop three pages concerning this issue na....haba oga banker na wa ooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
saxywale:
I just bumped into this discussion as i was going through the travel section. i have worked in banks both in Nigeria and the UK. Oh yes. when i was in the UK, we frequently get mails from high commissions to verify bank accounts.

It's very simple and straightforward, mind you the UK has one of the strictest data protection laws in the world, yet these embassies officials have a way of going round it and still within the data protection act.

what they do in most cases is use a true or false statement to weed out fraudulent bank statements used as proof of funds. Questions are asked based on what you submitted. The VO won't ask for the cleared balance on the 16th if the last transaction date on the account was the 12th.

This is just a scenario.

Visa officer: Was there a transaction of xxxx amount on given account number xxxxxxxxx on xx date.
Bank officer: true
VO: was there a transaction of xxxx amount on xxxx
BO: true
VO: The CLEARED BALANCE on xxxx date is xxxxx
BO: False.

Any false answer renders the statement fraudulent. The same method is now used in Nigeria.
And the bank always cooperate. All they need to do is fill out true or false or answer true or false.

Many will still tell you that their uncle/friend who worked in the bank for donkey yrs says embassies got no right to verify their account.

Check part 3 and 4 of this thread each time this discussion comes up there is panic in the house.

People who got denied for presenting fake documents don't tell us why they got denied, some will change ID and rejoined, while some will tell us some porkies.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ......@Saxywale now u're talking....u just killed the arguement but however i dey vex seriously for u jare grin....if u don talk this one tey tey we for no chop three pages concerning this issue na....haba oga banker na wa ooo....
Bros, how far now.i have been busy for a while jare. Remember my friend i told you about concerning the Canadian PR visa. He eventually went to consultant practice at ikoyi for his medicals and The Canadian high commission in Ghana called him for his visa exactly a week after the medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Reelsteel: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
tonyrero: @sparta, I'm heading to Humber, but its May 2014? And u?

Which course at humber?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
saxywale:
Bros, how far now.i have been busy for a while jare. Remember my friend i told you about concerning the Canadian PR visa. He eventually went to consultant practice at ikoyi for his medicals and The Canadian high commission in Ghana called him for his visa exactly a week after the medicals.
....I remember you wella saxywale.....Chineke!!! So consultant practice too they process medics fast?....i get early hope be dat grin....tanx 4 d chip in so far.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sparta300(m): 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kai! This SOA matter don do...abeg which is better? On Campus or off Campus for Humber college.
Ps: I sabi cook so feeding no go be d problem, its in terms of how convient and expenses. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Abeg @Sparta_300 I sent u a PM do you see that

ChriGo well done

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
saxywale: Oga justwise. no hide my post ooo. its just to let applicants know that the visa officers are not dumb. They don't mind delaying applications for months if they don't get through to the bank.
....Ahhhh biko dont give Nicemax hypertension with the bolded statement....he submitted online and expecting his medics soon.....Nicemax if dem delay ur medics for 2months e mean say u be sacrificial lamb for the online routers be that ooo grin....i don hit u back....lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buchi4med: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
@detola, I advice u look for 1 yr post graduate certificate course in health first at canadian college b4 u can go further to do ur MPH. That's my target and I have got a post graduate cert course at Lambton college. I really prefer Queens University (16months) as the course has placement where u can work and gain experience as you study just like the course am going to pursue. It is a nice decision with diverse opportunities with MPH. There is no need waiting on getting direct entry into MPH.It is a hot course and competitive, considering our Naija degree, o boy if you really know what u are looking for do not hesitate to follow my trend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
@kjboobo and @nimakorPlease do I need GRE or TOEFL for Masters in public Healtht
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
@buchi4med pls which course are you going for At lambton college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
@buchi4med , thanks. please which course did you study at lambton
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buchi4med: 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
@HZwriters Autism and behavioral science. U know MPH is a multidisciplinary studies and having done that course I will get my MPH (Health promotion) with ease. use ur brain as a Naija.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buchi4med: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
@detola read carefully. I would have left this sept, missed my start date due to delay in Visa processing so I differed as my course does not have January intake and never wanted alternative course as I know what am looking for and was told to withdraw and reapply as soon as the offer comes. Hopefully by His grace next yr will not pass me by. Hope that is clear?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nimakor: 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
ExcellentV:

Pls which do u think is better between the Msc research base and the Mph course base?Some of the school requires identifying a potential supervisor before admission can be granted,pls do you know of any of the school that do not require contacting supervisors?Seem to like usask,alberta and uleth.what's ur advice about this schools in terms of tuition fee and adaptability. Thanks

The MScPH is intented for research focused candidates. For example if you want to further to PhD, work in academia etc. The MPH is a professional master program. It is practice based with some research features in some cases.
Generally, you are required to secure a supervisor when you are applying for a research based program in canada.
Ualberta is cheaper than saskatchewan for this particular program. i do not have any details concerning lethbridge.
Adaptability...i am not in canada yet. Sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice to see Part 5 of this thread

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Fhemmmy: Nice to see Part 5 of this thread
...Phew!! At last...oga Fhemmmy comment....our red blood don dey hot since morning with arguement...thank God u don quench am with blue blood grin....i missed u ooo......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ...Phew!! At last...oga Fhemmmy comment....our red blood don dey hot since morning with arguement...thank God u don quench am with blue blood grin....i missed u ooo......

I have missed this thread too, but no dey easy oh . . . What is the update around here now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
May God bless you abundantly SAXYWALE...
May God also bless all the participants of this hot argument...I guess @ dis point, this argument has been fully resolved

My guys calling their a/c officers to ask them,do you think that all the account officers know everything going on @ d bank's head office?

Case closed.......................as we continue praying for heavy inflow of medical instructions/TRV issuance by tomorrow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nicemax: 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....Ahhhh biko dont give Nicemax hypertension with the bolded statement....he submitted online and expecting his medics soon.....Nicemax if dem delay ur medics for 2months e mean say u be sacrificial lamb for the online routers be that ooo grin....i don hit u back....lol....

CHRIGO God forbid (Inverto dei) grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buchi4med: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
@Chrigo I dey hail u.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ExcellentV: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nimakor:

The MScPH is intented for research focused candidates. For example if you want to further to PhD, work in academia etc. The MPH is a professional master program. It is practice based with some research features in some cases.
Generally, you are required to secure a supervisor when you are applying for a research based program in canada.
Ualberta is cheaper than saskatchewan for this particular program. i do not have any details concerning lethbridge.
Adaptability...i am not in canada yet. Sorry.

Thanks,am very grateful for the useful insights.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
saxywale: Oga justwise. no hide my post ooo. its just to let applicants know that the visa officers are not dumb. They don't mind delaying applications for months if they don't get through to the bank.

Bros,even if all the posts on this part 5 gets hidden (except Siga and Fhemmmy's own), I can assure that ur post won't be hidden cos it came @ d best time and has quenched this hot argument....

We can continue with our normal life in this thread...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I have missed this thread too, but no dey easy oh . . . What is the update around here now?
....The update around here is that xtus choped medics within 9days and Chrigo choped medics within 68days grin....we are all still hopeful oga mi.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....The update around here is that xtus choped medics within 9days and Chrigo choped medics within 68days grin....we are all still hopeful oga mi.....

Waoh, congratulations to the 2 guys . . . And see you both in Canada, God Bless

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Onye oma:

Bros,even if all the posts on this part 5 gets hidden (except Siga and Fhemmmy's own), I can assure that ur post won't be hidden cos it came @ d best time and has quenched this hot argument....

We can continue with our normal life in this thread...
....Wow!! I called ur sponsor's bank and i was told the SOA na N300 Billion.....so u be dangote pikin sef....No wonder grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by papakm(m): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Oga which bank you use For your SOA
ChriGo: ....The update around here is that xtus choped medics within 9days and Chrigo choped medics within 68days grin....we are all still hopeful oga mi.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
nicemax:

CHRIGO God forbid (Inverto dei) grin
.....grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
papa km: Oga which bank you use For your SOA
.....GTB....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....Wow!! I called ur sponsor's bank and i was told the SOA na N300 Billion.....so u be dangote pikin sef....No wonder grin.....

Remember the 8th commandment ooo...

Pls don't put me into trouble,Kidnappers might be viewing this thread...

DISCLAIMER Pls I don't know what this guy is talking about ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jadapinket13(f): 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Submitted winter new start date at cdhc on the 11th October. They collected my passport same day.

Went to collect my trv today. I don port o. God is great.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Onye oma:

Remember the 8th commandment ooo...

Pls don't put me into trouble,Kidnappers might be viewing this thread...

DISCLAIMER Pls I don't know what this guy is talking about ooo
......so onye you sef dey fear kinappers?...no wonder u wan run go canny.....Anyway praying for ur medics.....when onye medics show...5pages go chop comot for this thread grin....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.