Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (609346 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
kingRoosevelt:

wooow..bro na so e finally happen. ? Wondering where u ve been..God is good all the same. .Now u can re package and reapply Thank God for the quick online route. .bless..
@ femianiyi, so sorry for the bad news.To be honest with u, people get a lot of things twisted abt granting of medicals and trv's, if ur denial of both after submitting all required documents,den its not ones time. What do we want to say of people that didn't pay tuition at first and chdc still called them for medicals and granted them trv. I have many stories I don't want to bore this forum with for now. But my broda,repackage again and fire,and be prayerful, na God dey go do am oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
OchukoII: Hello Folks. I got my medical instructions on the 16th of October. 4months and 2 days after I applied (Paper route). Abeg is any of the clinics e-medical enabled?
Congratulations . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Champion2013: The student visa issued on my passport on the 11th of october,2013 will expire a day before my passport expires which is 4th of July,2014.

TRV valid till 03/07/14
Passport expires 04/07/14
Travelling on 26/12/13
Pgd program ends 29/12/14
What do I do?do I renew passport here or do that wen I get to canada? Do I also have to extend study permit while in canada?

Pleas, I advice you overlook the cost and renew it in Canada.

My passport had a little above one year validity when I went to immigration in abuja to renew, my brother the process was not funny o!. They informed me that the ligal process is called passport extension considering the passport had not expired.
My brother by the time I got the new and old passport back I almost fainted; Nigeria immigration actually cancelled the passport before issuing the new passport because we are not allowed by law to hold 2 valid Nigerian passport. shocked

Omo; na there wahala burst because the next process was to meet every embassy I had valid visa for; to transfer the visa onto the new passport.

Well, thank God it was before applying for Canada visa because after 4-5 months to get the first trv. You won't want a repeat 4-5 months to get trv transfered to the new passport.

Abeg, when you enter Canad, if CIC like make them take 1 year to transfer trv and study permit to the new passport no wahala, atleast you done enter. grin

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
OchukoII: Hello Folks. I got my medical instructions on the 16th of October. 4months and 2 days after I applied (Paper route). Abeg is any of the clinics e-medical enabled?
Hi OchukoII, big congrats to you. Go to consultant practice, der e-medical anabled.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by papakm(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2013

Congratulation, I should believe all of the approved clinics in Lagos and prime medical in Port Harcourt are e-medical compliant. I am not too sure of the one in Abuja but I should expect it to be as well. So it all depends on the one closer to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
@britiko,
The notification I have here on nairaland is also what I received on my email. I didn't see any message. I don't know how nairaland's pm works.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayce43: 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
Anointed111:
oga k.ayce...l knw say 1st timer go fall hand wella..hw long person fit take meet up with both the speaking n oda activities? E dey easy to get oncampus work?..d pipo for there hw dia atitude? Hw person go take suruive d 1st week? Ma question dun 2much sef mek l stop here mek dis part 4 no quick finish
It all depends on the person, I be big fan of many Hollywood films before coming so I believe that rili helped my speech and listening skills, I caught that immediately, I believe if you are very active on campus you should be able to get a job or volunteering in school also helps (unpaid work) sometimes can lead to paid work, for dia attitude Canadians are nice honestly and very helpful just that its not very easy to mix up with them immediately because of cultural difference (note this is my experience it may be different for others), the first week may not be so easy because you are tryin to settle down and knw ur way around but once you knw ur way around then everything becomes beautiful...normally by the 2nd week u should know ur way ard except its a rili big city like Toronto or Vancouver, its quicker and easier to knw ur way ard in smaller cities.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
ChriGo: ....Its not on the list....i was given a link by them to check hospitals and dia addresses...here is it
www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1977&CountryName=Nigeria
....guess they no longer work with the one u stated....
Thanx 4 d link Man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
kclexa:

Pleas, I advice you overlook the cost and renew it in Canada.

My passport had a little above one year validity when I went to immigration in abuja to renew, my brother the process was not funny o!. They informed me that the ligal process is called passport extension considering the passport had not expired.
My brother by the time I got the new and old passport back I almost fainted; Nigeria immigration actually cancelled the passport before issuing the new passport because we are not allowed by law to hold 2 valid Nigerian passport. shocked

Omo; na there wahala burst because the next process was to meet every embassy I had valid visa for; to transfer the visa onto the new passport.

Well, thank God it was before applying for Canada visa because after 4-5 months to get the first trv. You won't want a repeat 4-5 months to get trv transfered to the new passport.

Abeg, when you enter Canad, if CIC like make them take 1 year to transfer trv and study permit to the new passport no wahala, atleast you done enter. grin

Pls, r u sure abt d bolded as per transfering valid visa to d new passport? Is it compulsory? Does cancelling of d old passport render d valid visas void as well? What if all ur passport pages were used up and you had to apply for a new passport? Av u tot abt dat? Cos d old passport will still be cancelled. I'm sure ur passport validity was less dan 6months dat was why u had to apply for a new one as per CDHC requirement.
Please, if u can explain further I will appreciate o. I av valid visas on my cancelled passport and d new one will av only canny visa. Abeg explain o. Gurus in d house, abeg una talk o. Oga justwise, oga siga, everybody pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
newacca: @britiko,
The notification I have here on nairaland is also what I received on my email. I didn't see any message. I don't know how nairaland's pm works.
.....Check ur spam mail....i can bet my $700,000/$100,000 = $7 that its there grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
kayce43:
It all depends on the person, I be big fan of many Hollywood films before coming so I believe that rili helped my speech and listening skills, I caught that immediately, I believe if you are very active on campus you should be able to get a job or volunteering in school also helps (unpaid work) sometimes can lead to paid work, for dia attitude Canadians are nice honestly and very helpful just that its not very easy to mix up with them immediately because of cultural difference (note this is my experience it may be different for others), the first week may not be so easy because you are tryin to settle down and knw ur way around but once you knw ur way around then everything becomes beautiful...normally by the 2nd week u should know ur way ard except its a rili big city like Toronto or Vancouver, its quicker and easier to knw ur way ard in smaller cities.

shey una dun hear hollywood movies help..me na big fan too sha...blck americans al d way..Tyler Perry na d man na with ma crazy martin...hahaha oga kaycf tnx 4 d info sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2013

Congratulations . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
newacca: @britiko,

I bliv iu got d mssg in the email add u reg on nairaland with. Kindly reply d email and will send a mail to u. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
britiko:

I bliv iu got d mssg in the email add u reg on nairaland with. Kindly reply d email and will send a mail to u. Thanks
Aiit. I just did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
britiko:

@ britiko, How was ur interview.. Am just curious cuz am also going for HRM also.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
I don port o!!
I don port o!!!
I don porrrtttt ooooooo!!!
TRV arrives I'm esctatic grin

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
clusterphobia: I don port o!!
I don port o!!!

Congratulations but is that a new english now, cos i have seen many people saying such on this thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
I don port o!!!

Congrats bro.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
I don port o!!!

Congratulations , Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
apple08:

@ britiko, How was ur interview.. Am just curious cuz am also going for HRM also.....
Will kip u posted. Was rescheduled due to public hols.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
I don port o!!!

Congrats o. I dey feel u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
I don port o!!!
....Na sign for portability!! grin....as u talk am yesterday....Cluster my man congrats oooo....I tap from ur TRV blessing ooo...God is indeed great....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
britiko:

Pls, r u sure abt d bolded as per transfering valid visa to d new passport? Is it compulsory? Does cancelling of d old passport render d valid visas void as well? What if all ur passport pages were used up and you had to apply for a new passport? Av u tot abt dat? Cos d old passport will still be cancelled. I'm sure ur passport validity was less dan 6months dat was why u had to apply for a new one as per CDHC requirement.
Please, if u can explain further I will appreciate o. I av valid visas on my cancelled passport and d new one will av only canny visa. Abeg explain o. Gurus in d house, abeg una talk o. Oga justwise, oga siga, everybody pls.

It does not render it invalid, you will still present it with the new one until the visa on the old one expires.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Congratulations but is that a new english now, cos i have seen many people saying such on this thread

Oga femmy once LEVEL CHANGE, u don port.
If ur girlfriend leaves u, she don port
If u change ur car.... U don port
If u change jobs...... U don port
U leave niaja for cannyy .... U don port
D list is endless o. Enjoy!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
justwise:

It does not render it invalid, you will still present it with the new one until the visa on the old one expires.

Thank you so much for d response. I'm relieved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
I don port o!!!
congrats dear our GOD has done it again o!

Pls letz hear d full testmony..wen u submit, wen u go 4 meds n wen u get d trv...cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Thanks to all em Ogas!!
Yes o!! Oga Fhemmy na so o!!
Portability is d new word!! Chrigo!! U see say ranting and tapping/bore holing into blessing dey work
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
congrats smiley
I don port o!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by habie(f): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
I don port o!!!
Congrats Clusterphobia and u've got a mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
clusterphobia: Thanks to all em Ogas!!
Yes o!! Oga Fhemmy na so o!!
Portability is d new word!! Chrigo!! U see say ranting and tapping/bore holing into blessing dey work
....hehehe....Bro ya name suppose be clusterant not clusterphobia....u too like ranting....U use ranting apply cum use ranting chop ya TRV.....na wa oo....Biko no go rant for immigration officers when u get to canny port oo make dem no use ranting for u oo grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by freshdude: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
CDHC requested I withdraw my application and reapply. embarassed cause am yet to get a new start date for fall 2014. see wetin their delay cause. imagine applying for visa in may and getting medicals 24th sept. school resumes 20th sept. and the course is only open once a year. just fall semester. my school don't just dish out new start date. it takes time for them to arrive at a decision..!
starting this whole marathon all over again ain't really easy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.