Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,905 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611395 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Olawaleslimfit(m): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
tonyrero:
U can apply to the sch dis year and get d LOA dis year, but it must b a MAY or SEPT start date inorder to meet up with application time frame......hope dis helps.....pheeeww!!!!
Thanks boss, pls wch institution do u tinks is ok I can apply to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Olawale slimfit: Thanks boss, pls wch institution do u tinks is ok I can apply to?

shocked

Every school is OK!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tonyrero(m): 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
Olawale slimfit: Thanks boss, pls wch institution do u tinks is ok I can apply to?
Go for Colleges, lesser requirements and faster response....but ready ur 75-100dollars sha grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Olawaleslimfit(m): 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Amefrica:

shocked

Every school is OK!
Ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
kesiena_oritse:

I don get my trv ooooo. But I nor storm na visit I visit. Praise God ooo!
.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!..... CDHC don dey speak our language grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
kesiena_oritse: PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!!

Thanks to this forum for all the enlightments and stories. I appreciate ooooooo!!!

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations kesiena_oritse!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 6:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
where is @ Jesunro any update
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
kesiena_oritse: PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!! I went to the embassy and after much waiting, I have gotten my Visa. Please if u know your application has exceeded the processing time, please do try and visit the CDHC for enquiries ooooo and find out first hand information for yoursef.Those VO's I dont understand them. What and how they do the selection of issuance of visa beats me. LEVELS DE AND LEVELS DE. Things de hapen for dat place wen man nor fit tell. How person go submit october 29, they get her visa today? See as call just de enter d babe fon from inside or security go just de come ask her one or two question. Anyway like I said, my application was just 6months and a week and done medicals but no reply from them. But today, as God has said it will be, I went there o calmly and patiently waiting for my turn, and was ushered in. E nor reach 3mins dem don give me all my paper back and passport including letter of introduction ooooooo. I just come weak! Peeps if your docs are good and instructions followed as it is on the nigeria.gc.ca website, you are good to go.its just time it will take. Just imagin a whole six months of processing. But I finally got it. No be my power o na God and aadherence to instructions. Na so 600k for don go one agent! Na to book flight sharp sharp ooooo! To all NLanders yet to receive any info, just keep track of your dates and if its past d processing time, pay dem a visit on a tuesday or thursday and hear for yoursef. Vfs has no info to give you. Their job is to help check if you have the docs immigration needs and transport your docs to the embassy and return when its time for collection.

Dont be deceived! The embassy attends to cases once they have exceeded the average processing time once your case is made known to them on tuescay or thursday by 7am. If you have inquiries to make, you can still go but all u get is a phone call wit d answer they have. Most answers they give u are on the site.

It is wel! Dont lose hope. I almost withdrew my application at a point but a friend adviced me to be patient and prayerful. Alot goes on in tne embassy you cant tell. What stopped them from issuing me d visa since october which was d due date? Peeps patience and prayers and we will all get to Canada.

Thanks to this forum for all the enlightments and stories. I appreciate ooooooo!!!
congrats oga me am so happy for yougrin mine dey come soongrin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
try Univeraity of prince Edward Island
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
nas-jay:
where is @ Jesunro any update

Abt to ask same question. Jesunro, where art thou?
@naas-jay-- I'm yet to see ur application story. Being waiting forever...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by msnnn1: 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please is there no trade for visitor forum for Canada i can only see student here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slyk2(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
I don de tap de anointing.

kesiena_oritse: PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!! I went to the embassy and after much waiting, I have gotten my Visa. Please if u know your application has exceeded the processing time, please do try and visit the CDHC for enquiries ooooo and find out first hand information for yoursef.Those VO's I dont understand them. What and how they do the selection of issuance of visa beats me. LEVELS DE AND LEVELS DE. Things de hapen for dat place wen man nor fit tell. How person go submit october 29, they get her visa today? See as call just de enter d babe fon from inside or security go just de come ask her one or two question. Anyway like I said, my application was just 6months and a week and done medicals but no reply from them. But today, as God has said it will be, I went there o calmly and patiently waiting for my turn, and was ushered in. E nor reach 3mins dem don give me all my paper back and passport including letter of introduction ooooooo. I just come weak! Peeps if your docs are good and instructions followed as it is on the nigeria.gc.ca website, you are good to go.its just time it will take. Just imagin a whole six months of processing. But I finally got it. No be my power o na God and aadherence to instructions. Na so 600k for don go one agent! Na to book flight sharp sharp ooooo! To all NLanders yet to receive any info, just keep track of your dates and if its past d processing time, pay dem a visit on a tuesday or thursday and hear for yoursef. Vfs has no info to give you. Their job is to help check if you have the docs immigration needs and transport your docs to the embassy and return when its time for collection.

Dont be deceived! The embassy attends to cases once they have exceeded the average processing time once your case is made known to them on tuescay or thursday by 7am. If you have inquiries to make, you can still go but all u get is a phone call wit d answer they have. Most answers they give u are on the site.

It is wel! Dont lose hope. I almost withdrew my application at a point but a friend adviced me to be patient and prayerful. Alot goes on in tne embassy you cant tell. What stopped them from issuing me d visa since october which was d due date? Peeps patience and prayers and we will all get to Canada.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
msnnn1: Please is there no trade for visitor forum for Canada i can only see student here

Do u mean a THREAD for visitor's visa?
If yes, u r on d right track.
Ask ur questions and our dear forumites will attend to them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slyk2(m): 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
Oga ChriGo,
Abeg proffer solution to this issue abeg
-- do i need to inform the embassy that i was refused visa in 2007?

ChriGo: .....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!..... CDHC don dey speak our language grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
seunlovesa: Hi nairalanders,
Submitted a paper application for a visitor visa in a bid to write a professional exam in canada. The exam holds 2nd week in january, 2014.

Submission was via paper route on 18 oct. 2013 at VAC.

Up till now, I havent heard from d embassy oooo and my departure date on d app form is jan. 10.

Am I good to storm d embassy??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
sly-k:
Oga ChriGo,

There's a portion of d qestionaire where u r asked if u've previously been denied a visa and if yes, what were d reasons for denial.
Please, do not lie in dis portion. I'm very sure dey av ur details on dier database.
Moreover, there's always a first time. Its not a crime to av been denied a visa once.
So, pls be explicit as possible.
(Dis is for paper route) don't knw if dey ask same question online.
But if dey do, then ansa yes and state d reeasons for denial.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=seunlovesa][/quote]

U can go for enqiry next week. Or rather send an e-mail before going.
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Lagos@international.gc.ca
They will surely reply u.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Joymaduka: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello house.I have just received a mail to pick up my processed student visa a which I submited 3months ago nd I wasn't called for medicals , I guess that is rejection. The thing now is I can't find my receipt for collection what do I do? Secondly I would like to reapply online .does anyone knws how It works expeciallyhow to go about my supporting documents. Joy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by movein: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
Anyone heading to or in Lakeland college? cry cry cry .. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by olabokey: 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Congrats kesiena_oritshe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
sly-k:
Oga ChriGo,

Yes. State that you were denied a visa in 2007, put the reference number and the section with 'Reasons for Denial", a simple Incomplete Documentation will do.

No need going into details about the refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by snugle: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Joymaduka: Hello house.I have just received a mail to pick up my processed student visa a which I submited 3months ago nd I wasn't called for medicals , I guess that is rejection. The thing now is I can't find my receipt for collection what do I do? Secondly I would like to reapply online .does anyone knws how It works expeciallyhow to go about my supporting documents. Joy

Im sorry to hear that, but I admire your will to proceed. @Chrigo has posted a detailed simplified outline on how to go about with the online application. Flip back a few pages, pick what you can and work on the reason for the delay.

Good Luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Joymaduka: Hello house.I have just received a mail to pick up my processed student visa a which I submited 3months ago nd I wasn't called for medicals , I guess that is rejection. The thing now is I can't find my receipt for collection what do I do? Secondly I would like to reapply online .does anyone knws how It works expeciallyhow to go about my supporting documents. Joy
am so sorry bro.BABA dey involved jst reapply and you will see ur self smiling with your TRV.Stay Blessed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justicia: 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pls house, abeg help me answer this question. If my course does not require residence (i.e travelln to Canada) buh I apply for visa all the same, cos I feel I wana be thr,can that be a reason for denial by the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
Congrats that all those dat got their trv..I tap from ur blessins..its been long overdue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tonyrero(m): 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
cryRIP MADIBA!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Pholy(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Chrigo hi,

How about academic docs... Arent they necessary for online app?

Thanks.

ChriGo: ONLINE STUDY VISA APPLICATION HERE AT LAST grin

Here are the documents needed for the online Canada Study Visa Application.....

Form: Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)

Refer to the steps on completing the forms

Document: Family Information (IMM5645)

Complete the Family Information form. This form includes information about your spouse or common-law partner, your parents, your children, stepchildren and adopted children, your brothers and sisters (including step-siblings and half-siblings).

This information will become part of your immigration record and may be used to verify your personal information in future applications.

Document: Proof of Means of Financial Support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members accompanying you while you are in Canada by providing as many of the following documents:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

Document: Passport or Travel document

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or identity document.

If using your passport, include a copy of

the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.
any pages with stamps, visas or markings

Your identity document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your identity document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable.

Document: Digital Photo

Dimensions:

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾"wink.
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼"wink and 36 mm (1 7/16"wink.
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:

The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.

File Size:

The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:

The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Document: Letter of Acceptance

You must provide the letter of acceptance you received from the educational institution in Canada that you will be attending.

A letter of acceptance is issued by the Canadian educational institution on official letterhead, and shows the exact amount of tuition fees you are required to pay, the anticipated starting and finishing dates, and the date by which you need to register.

If you are a returning student, please request the Canadian educational institution to issue you a "Letter of Enrolment/Registration". The letter should include how long you have been studying at that institution, and if applicable, your expected graduation date.

Document: Evidence of Work Requirement in Study

You must provide a letter or curriculum from your educational institution stating that work is a necessary requirement for the completion of your studies.

OPTIONAL DOCUMENT

Document: Letter of Explanation

If you would like to provide more information about your application that you have not already provided, you can attach a letter of explanation to your application.

As you can see these are very simple documents compare to paper route application........Miss bon dearie Hope you're warming up for ur TRV? grin........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oscorpy(m): 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
tonyrero: cryRIP MADIBA!!!

@Tonyrero: wetin concern foul and toothbrush? grin. well shaa RIPP for him.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesienaoritse: 2:51am On Dec 06, 2013
nas-jay:

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations kesiena_oritse!!!!!!!!

thanks broda!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesienaoritse: 2:54am On Dec 06, 2013
olabo_key: Congrats kesiena_oritshe

Thanks ooooooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesienaoritse: 2:55am On Dec 06, 2013
sly-k:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
I don de tap de anointing.

Thanks sly-k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.