Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,411 members, 7,846,741 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (613722 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by FISLAG: 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Huzzie: LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1. Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
2. IJESA83 AUGUST 13 Paper route
3. SAP_Latunde AUGUST 14 Paper route
4. Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
5. Zico07 AUGUST 20 Paper route
6. pirezo96 AUGUST 27 Paper route
7. D_Fodio SEPTEMBER 23 Paper route
8. Hehasdoneitb4 NOVEMBER 5 Online route

NB-If you find your name on this list,it means you submitted your application for winter and haven't gotten any response from DHCC(to the best of my knowledge). I would advise you all to defer your admission towards the next start date because even if you get called tomorrow for medicals you don't have time on your side. Just an advise.
Cheers

@TRV hopefuls.....Its like nobody that did medicals in December on this forum has gotten TRV #just my observation#, Lets start packing our luggages because TRV will flood the house from tomorrow insha'Alllah starting with mine.

AAAAAMMMMMMEEEEENNNNN oh ! It must not exceed 2moro oh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
rilly2000:
embarassed I'm not coming to university of saskatchewan anymore.... *CRYING*
....bro why?...and where you dey head to?.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by surveyor1: 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Vic-jay:
Great thread you have here. I am currently studying medicine in one of the Nigeria Universities, but i want to study medicine in USA or Canada(it will better for me cos of adapting to the environment.)
My questions are as follows:
1. I will need suggestions of universities in above countries. cheap and also of standard
2. The requirements in every aspect as it concerns me schooling there.
3. General advice.
Note: I don't have Either TOEFL or GRE SAT
Let it be that i was here to seek for help and i got it. I want to share my testimony here. pls answers needed. Thanks in advance.
Before rendering advice, I will like to know your present year of study? Furthermore, medicine is a good course, however it is expensive in most universities in advance world. If you are looking towards usa or canada, you will need TOEFL or IELTS. If you are currently in your penultimate year in medical school, you can complete your study and progress to medical registration in canada. It is an hard nut to crack for international students to get admission into medical school in canada or usa except you secure scholarship in nigeria or commonwealth. Although, if you have your fund you can crack on with SAT and TOEFL. Other option is to email the school about credit transfer, that will be best in usa because canada medical school is tougher. Just weigh the options mentioned coupled with your financial situation to know what you will opt for all the best mate!

Vic-jay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kittysunshine: 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
cryLooks like am the only one heading to Halifax on this forum. It is well o. God is with me o. cryLooks like am the only one heading to Halifax on this forum. It is well o. God is with me o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
God is surely with you smiley
kitty_sunshine: cryLooks like am the only one heading to Halifax on this forum. It is well o. God is with me o. cryLooks like am the only one heading to Halifax on this forum. It is well o. God is with me o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
kitty_sunshine: cryLooks like am the only one heading to Halifax on this forum. It is well o. God is with me o. cryLooks like am the only one heading to Halifax on this forum. It is well o. God is with me o.
.....dont worry kitty, i am heading dia with you in spirit grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by seeprob(m): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
I applied for a candian visa for a short vacation with my wife and infant daugther in November 2013. our date of travel is in march 2014 as i stated in my application. i hve been to uk 3x and spent last yr xmas with my wife in the uk. i work with a drilling org (rig) and earn 544k (net pay). i hve 1.4+m in my statement when i applied with a statemet of our trip expenses/budget including ticket,meals,junks(micdonald),local transport, hotel accomodation, shopping, liesures(cinemas and similar) and emergency fund (340 CAD) all amounted to 10,100 CAD. In less than 4 weeks i was informed that my application is ready for collection as against the 185 processing days stated on thier website. my worries are
1. the time frame for processing is short (worried about the outcome
2. will my account balance be a problem....even though in my trip/budget statement i stated i will recieve my 13th month in november,leave in lieu, leave allowance,christmas bonus all amounting to 3+million by december.

what do you guys think. i read about medicals and all that before visa issue....but no notice of medical in my case (may be for student?)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phony200(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Huzzie:
@TRV hopefuls.....Its like nobody that did medicals in December on this forum has gotten TRV #just my observation#, Lets start packing our luggages because TRV will flood the house from tomorrow insha'Alllah starting with mine.

Yeah.. It would make sense to storm on Tuesday... Nobody should enter 2014 with unfinished business. But Huzzie is right, begin to plan like you have it aready. Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phony200(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
seeprob: I applied for a candian visa for a short vacation with my wife and infant daugther in November 2013. our date of travel is in march 2014 as i stated in my application. i hve been to uk 3x and spent last yr xmas with my wife in the uk. i work with a drilling org (rig) and earn 544k (net pay). i hve 1.4+m in my statement when i applied with a statemet of our trip expenses/budget including ticket,meals,junks(micdonald),local transport, hotel accomodation, shopping, liesures(cinemas and similar) and emergency fund (340 CAD) all amounted to 10,100 CAD. In less than 4 weeks i was informed that my application is ready for collection as against the 185 processing days stated on thier website. my worries are
2. will my account balance be a problem....even though in my trip/budget statement i stated i will recieve my 13th month in november,leave in lieu, leave allowance,christmas bonus all amounting to 3+million by december.

what do you guys think. i read about medicals and all that before visa issue....but no notice of medical in my case (may be for student?)

Usually not a good sign...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by freeman533: 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
I have tried a free tution in some EU countries so as to reduce cost of gaining a B.sc in computer sci or engr,but i have been faced with the problem of language used in instructing.
Someone recommended me to check schools in canada,but am yet to see a school which is pocket friendly.
Can the house help me to give me few schools one can gain undergraduate studies in computer sci or engr at an affordable tution.
Please be a brothers keeper
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by FISLAG: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
Phony200:

Yeah.. It would make sense to storm on Tuesday... Nobody should enter 2014 with unfinished business. But Huzzie is right, begin to plan like you have it aready. Cheers!

In line with getting ready while we await our TRV, please what and what specifically do you advise? Any advice as to affordable flights (that one can hold for 3days' ba does 72hours but their prices are killing), where to get solid winter jackets and sweat shirts etc. help a sister out!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by halle2: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
[quote author=seeprob]I applied for a candian visa for a short vacation with my wife and infant daugther in November 2013. our date of travel is in march 2014 as i stated in my application. i hve been to uk 3x and spent last yr xmas with my wife in the uk. i work with a drilling org (rig) and earn 544k (net pay). i hve 1.4+m in my statement when i applied with a statemet of our trip expenses/budget including ticket,meals,junks(micdonald),local transport, hotel accomodation, shopping, liesures(cinemas and similar) and emergency fund (340 CAD) all amounted to 10,100 CAD. In less than 4 weeks i was informed that my application is ready for collection as against the 185 processing days stated on thier website. my worries are

what do you guys think. i read about medicals and all that before visa issue....but no notice of medical in my case (may be for student?)[/quot..e]

you do not require medicals for a visit visa. Have faith bro, it is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phony200(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
halle2: you do not require medicals for a visit visa. Have faith bro, it is well
Hi, Just looked this up again. My bad http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phony200(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
FISLAG:
In line with getting ready while we await our TRV, please what and what specifically do you advise? Any advice as to affordable flights (that one can hold for 3days' ba does 72hours but their prices are killing), where to get solid winter jackets and sweat shirts etc. help a sister out!

I'd say keep an eye on Wakanow.com and each airline's webiste for possibe dates and process. I guess we can all contribute to flights from Jan 5 - Jan 10 hopefully. It's ranging btw 350 - 400k now depending on the airline and number of stopovers. Check KLM, Etihad and Airfrance. I hear Turkish air has good deals too for that tiime period.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Tmish(f): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this thread and seem to really like this group. I submitted my application to the Canadian embassy on the 19th Aug and was sent an email for medicals through my agent.

My agent went to their office to collect my passport not sure if it's d vfs office or embassy and said she was told verbally that I should provide proof of additional funds but this wasn't documented or included in the mail sent by the embassy.

Please has anyone ever experienced this? If yes, what does this mean? Thanks for your response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
hmm, verbally? never heard that before smiley or do you mean the embassy called to tell your agent?
Tmish: Hello Everyone, I'm new to this thread and seem to really like this group. I submitted my application to the Canadian embassy on the 19th Aug and was sent an email for medicals through my agent.

My agent went to their office to collect my passport not sure if it's d vfs office or embassy and said she was told verbally that I should provide proof of additional funds but this wasn't documented or included in the mail sent by the embassy.

Please has anyone ever experienced this? If yes, what does this mean? Thanks for your response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Tmish(f): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
miss bon: hmm, verbally? never heard that before smiley or do you mean the embassy called to tell your agent?

Naa, no call was made.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sparta300(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
At last! I'm about to put all my AC and freezer training to test...LOL
Countdown to take off...Toronto here I cum!
To the hopefuls, keep dreaming because dreams do come true! All is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
sparta_300: At last! I'm about to put all my AC and freezer training to test...LOL

Congrats bro! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
the thing is whether you prove or not, it doesn't guarantee TRV and pls if you decide to, biko make the docx no turn to verbally oo grin
Tmish:

Naa, no call was made.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by freeman533: 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
I asked for assistance but haven't gotten any....well i have another thing i wish to be helped out with.We learn everyday.
I searched for a school and was told i have to pay this as tution

Science Tuition Fees - International Students
per 6 credit hours - 2,767.50
per 3 credit hours - 1383.75

Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)
6 credit hours - 31.80
3 credit hours - 15.90

Student Life Fee (Non-Refundable)
6 credit hours - 32.40
3 credit hours - 16.20

Information Technology Fee
(Non-Refundable)
6 credit hours - 30.00
3 credit hours - 15.00

Facilities Fee .......... 119.70

Wellness Centre Fee ...30.00

Athletic Levy ........... 37.75

Lab Fees (on applicable courses)
6 credit hours......... 56.70
3 credit hours......... 28.35

Theatre Levy (on applicable courses)
6 credit hours......... 11.10
3 credit hours......... 5.55

Co-op Work Term Fee ......... 406.35

Practicum Fee in Education
Second Year Practicum Fee - 55.35
Third Year Practicum Fee - 83.10
Fourth Year Practicum Block Fee - 138.45
Fifth Year Practicum Block Fee - 138.45
*Students in fourth year and fifth year are
charged a practicum fee of $138.45 per block.
*Students taking two blocks will be charged
$276.90
Menno Simons Student Service Fee (Menno
Simons Courses Only)
6 credit hours......... 40.20
3 credit hours......... 20.10
Menno Simons Ancillary Fee ( Menno Simons
Courses Only)
6 credit hours......... 18.90
3 credit hours......... 9.45
Please house, how much am i to pay if i am going for B.Sc Computer sci for a year.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
...^^^ U cant really know for a fact how much u need to pay until u get an admission into the program and the school will detail how much u have to pay.... presently... no one knows the number of credits u need to do ... its a tough one... the best advise is to contact the school, talk to a course adviser.... he/she can give u a rough estimate...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Tmish(f): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
miss bon: the thing is whether you prove or not, it doesn't guarantee TRV and pls if you decide to, biko make the docx no turn to verbally oo grin

My sista, I just paid my tuition and accommodation fees, submitted the receipts with a statement of acct with funds and hope for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by freeman533: 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Siga: ...^^^ U cant really know for a fact how much u need to pay until u get an admission into the program and the school will detail how much u have to pay.... presently... no one knows the number of credits u need to do ... its a tough one... the best advise is to contact the school, talk to a course adviser.... he/she can give u a rough estimate...
Thank you very much for your promt response,i have done as you said.
I just sent an email to the faculty of science,requesting for a full details on how much i need to pay for my course.
Bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
oh okay den...i wish u the best of luck and u shall receive ur TRV soon..AMEN! smiley
Tmish:

My sista, I just paid my tuition and accommodation fees & submitted the receipts with a statement of acct with funds.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013

I gat someone in halifax..wld try contact her and get back to you.... she was an active member of this great forum ..check part 2 for ebugirl (Dalhousie University)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
sparta_300: At last! I'm about to put all my AC and freezer training to test...LOL

Thank God you aint coming to Winnipeg at this time.... na cold room I for recommend....Safe trip
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gstring133: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2013

U be fine girl....make I port come that side so that you will be my *kitty sunshine dear grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Tmish(f): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
miss bon: oh okay den...i wish u the best of luck and u shall receive ur TRV soon..AMEN! smiley

AMEN! Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
gstring133:

U be fine girl....make I port come that side so that you will be my *kitty sunshine dear grin
......Mehn!! guy u're confused.....sha no go dey toast Visa officer for ur SOP oooo grin.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gstring133: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
ChriGo: ......Mehn!! guy u're confused.....sha no go dey toast Visa officer for ur SOP oooo grin.......

My guy calm down...... as God don do your own(miss bon dear) no pour sand for my garri now...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
gstring133:

My guy calm down...... as God don do your own(miss bon dear) no pour sand for my garri now...
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.