Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611629 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by coolsammy1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
I have been trying to update my online visa application but the website keeps saying that the online service is down.
has anyone experienced similar with the canadian website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
^^^ The entire website is undergoing a total overhaul.... u go need to dey check everyday ni.... this is the best time for them to do all upgrades as they are all on holidays till next year...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Siga: ^^^ The entire website is undergoing a total overhaul.... u go need to dey check everyday ni.... this is the best time for them to do all upgrades as they are all on holidays till next year...
....Thats true...this is the best time for Upgrades...was able to log in now though so make my guy check am now.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
OchukoII: Abeg who dey Vancouver for here? I no sabi anybody and already I don buy food wey I no fit chop from some Lebanese boys wey no gree put spoon for take away.

dude...I am o...am arrivin nxt tmrw by 14:20. which sch u goin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
ChriGo: .....Quantumfiska......do not waste your time with this yellow card thing jare....the cost of treating ursef for High BP will be more than the yellow card cost itsef grin....its N1000 bro...there is a clinic at the airport, just tell anyone around to describe the spot....i went dia and met alota crowd.....i just vexed comot dia....at the end i didnt take any yellow card along....i realized its not needed....YOU DONT NEED IT BRO...HIGH BP is real so dont dash ursef one.....lol.....

lol..finally got it today in less dan 15mins ...had to go to make popc happy...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Quantumfisika:

tanks Miss Bon...hapi nu yr in advc...any idea d cost?

finaly got it ...cost 1k..had one o..jst dat FG said by tmrw it will no longer b valid so popc was on my neck to go get d new one just incase
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dats nice then, have a safe trip grin
Quantumfisika:

finaly got it ...cost 1k..had one o..jst dat FG said by tmrw it will no longer b valid so popc was on my neck to go get d new one just incase

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Quantumfisika:

lol..finally got it today in less dan 15mins ...had to go to make popc happy...lol
....Lolzzz grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by FISLAG: 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
ChriGo: ....Thats true...this is the best time for Upgrades...was able to log in now though so make my guy check am now.......

Oga Chrigo compliments of the season! Please was your application paper route or online route? If paper, then why do you need to log in to cic website? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by scabit: 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pls help me with answers, I have a problem - what will make the canadian embassy deny a person a study permit visa before being called for medicals? I will be grateful if anyone responses!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
FISLAG:

Oga Chrigo compliments of the season! Please was your application paper route or online route? If paper, then why do you need to log in to cic website? Thanks
.....My chairman....compliment to you...did paper route during my application.....applied for someone online and just checking if their is any response yet.....since my guy said he was having problems with the online service...i just had to log in and double check if am gonna experience same......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Is there anybody in the house that lives close to CDHC or who could help us confirm if there will be storming tomorrow? Thanks in anticipation.
s.cabit:
Pls help me with answers, I have a problem - what will make the canadian embassy deny a person a study permit visa before being called for medicals? I will be grateful if anyone responses!
Guy...this ur question, he get as he be...na only CDHC fit answer this question properly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=Huzzie]Is there anybody in the house that lives close to CDHC or who could help us confirm if there will be storming tomorrow? Thanks in anticipation.

No more in-person enquiry. All corresepondence are now by e-mails.

(pasted on CDHC Gate)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oscorpy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
@KayConsult: where u @? have u gotten to the Falls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=britiko][/quote]
Thx madam..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=britiko][/quote]
Thx madam...ws jst curious
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by movein: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
Any one coming to Lambton college Sarnia?? If you need a room you can holla!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
Am coming in oo but in may grin
movein: Any one coming to Lambton college Sarnia?? If you need a room you can holla!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Sleek5(f): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
movein: Any one coming to Lambton college Sarnia?? If you need a room you can holla!

Movein I am coming to lambton oo, but still waiting on CdhC for my trv, shud be there sometime in Jan by God's grace. How long will the room be available?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Princessterry(f): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
marksum: Wow that's riili Awesome.That means u re gona knw d in nd out of canada...plz wah d kinda business course u can study in canada,that wld secure u a good job after u finish ya course?.becos I wana go 4 a post secondary course in Busin admin
Sent u a PM,u seen?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Project400: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
on behalf of a friend of Project400

Please house, can N1.5m complete a Msc study in Canada + visa + travel?

Course: in the field of Geology/Engineering.

Thanks as I await your kind response(s).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
Project400: on behalf of a friend of Project400

Please house, can N1.5m complete a Msc study in Canada + visa + travel?

Course: in the field of Geology/Engineering.

Thanks as I await your kind response(s).

Is that inclusive of the schools fees in Canada? by the way your 1.5M Naira is only 9000 CAD$ and some change
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by isibaby9: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
good day house, ple apart from a student visa is there anyway someone can get a visiting visa or a work permit visa to canada, would appreciate a genuine response. tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
isibaby9: good day house, ple apart from a student visa is there anyway someone can get a visiting visa or a work permit visa to canada, would appreciate a genuine response. tanx

Yes, you could get a visiting visa to Canada, but work visa aint that simple, people in Canada are still looking for work, so what do you bring to the table that would make them to forgo Canadians and pick you . . . The employer must be able to justify it that he or she has looked for someone in Canada with luck and you bring something to the table that Canadians couldn't
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
s.cabit:
.....Logically if your sponsor's financial Capability isnt strong enough den that could work against you....if you were'nt able to convince the Visa officer you will leave after studies den that could work against you......if your purpose of visit is ambiguous then that could work against you....my man why you dey fear? grin....if you haven't gotten medics yet just chill....you can still be called for medics and asked to bring a new start date..........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Project400: 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Is that inclusive of the schools fees in Canada? by the way your 1.5M Naira is only 9000 CAD$ and some change

Thank you Sir for your quick response.

On a average scale, how much do you think one would spend to complete a Masters degree at a low tuition college/university in Canada (accomodation + visa & travel inclusive)

Thanks once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Project400:

Thank you Sir for your quick response.

On a average scale, how much do you think one would spend to complete a Masters degree at a low tuition college/university in Canada (accomodation + visa & travel inclusive)

Thanks once again.

You are yet to answer my question, is that inclusive to pay for the school fees as well . . . ?
BTW: Accomodation average would be 7200$ a year, visa would depend on means of application while travel expenses would depend on your choice of flight (Could be first class)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Project400: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fhemmmy:
You are yet to answer my question, is that inclusive to pay for the school fees as well . . . ?
Yes, Sir. (Inclusive)

BTW: Accomodation average would be 7200$ a year, visa would depend on means of application while travel expenses would depend on your choice of flight (Could be first class)

Now I know better,

In one statement, N1.5m isn't enough to succesfully complete a Msc study in Canada.

Thanks alot, I appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Project400:
Yes, Sir. (Inclusive)

Now I know better,

In one statement, N1.5m isn't enough to succesfully complete a Msc study in Canada.

Thanks alot, I appreciate.

1.5M Naira will only be enough to feed you and pay for your accommodation and not even gonna transport you around . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by FISLAG: 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!! Finally got an email on my cic online account to come to vfs with my passport, guess that means my TRV is ready! Glory to God! Please anyone in naigara falls already, please I need help with accommodation oh! Planning to leave nigeria on the 4th Please a sister out!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
FISLAG: PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!! Finally got an email on my cic online account to come to vfs with my passport, guess that means my TRV is ready! Glory to God! Please anyone in naigara falls already, please I need help with accommodation oh! Planning to leave nigeria on the 4th Please a sister out!
....Congrats my brother.....God is indeed great..i dont need to tell you Oga Fhemmmy is watching you and his imaginary Gala in 3D grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jamebex(m): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hi all, Compliment! I'd like to get some advice from you guys.

I'm not entirely a novice on the subject having followed this thread for quite some time now.

To start with, I'm a graduate of Biochemistry from a State University in Nigeria. I graduated with a not so great CGPA albeit that it is not poor either, 4.06 out of a possible 5.0. Huhhhh poor me!

I am currently serving my Fatherland (NYSC) and would like to further my studies in Canada, that is, get a Masters in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology even go on to PhD; I'd like to be a research Prof. I am looking at the Fall 2013 or Winter 2015 cycle.

Firstly, I have come up with a list of three schools I'd like to apply to, they are McMaster University, Dalhousie University and University of Calgary.
I'd like to get general comment about my choice of school considering my choice of course.

Secondly, I have somewhat researched the schools and they stated on their website that all Graduate students admitted into the program are guaranteed a Graduate stipend which covers Tuition and cost of living, however they can't be accepted into the program without first getting a supervisor.
How difficult is getting supervisor in those schools and how can i set up myself to stand a better chance. I don't have millions to spend oh!, I am just serving and want to go after service.

Thanks and I appreciate any advice and insight that will be offered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.