Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (608702 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gentpeace: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ America,miss bon,slimdel and all the hommies that helped me here during my admission process.I thank una ..Jay bless ..pls I want to know if its compulsory that I will pay tution fees and register courses before submitting my documents to embassy ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by osorochi: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
I want to apply to Mun too....have u gotten admission already? if yes what course did they apply for?
cman4good: @ rawlizo........ please i am applying for a study permit to come to ST.JOHN'S MUN for winter 2015...... please i need your as close pal since your are there already. congrats...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by IyaEjima(f): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Pls has anyone ever applied to UWO, U of S, MUN for Msc Nursing? I intend to apply for Fall 2015 and would like to ask some Qs. Congrats to those who got their TRVs and divine favour to those expecting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by standupguy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Submit Letter of Sponsorship and Affidavit of support. I have no sample at the moment tho', others that have will provide to you. Drop your email address!

Does a business owner need a letter of introduction too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
standupguy:

Does a business owner need a letter of introduction too?

Nope!

Business registration documents, CAC, MoU, Tax clearance and invoices.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by semuyi: 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
please house, i need your heal asap, i am about applying online but i need a sample of letter of intent and i also need guidance in filling it online. will appreciate if i get the intent letter to my mail. mailakinwo2@yahoo.com. plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
gentpeace: @ America,miss bon,slimdel and all the hommies that helped me here during my admission process.I thank una ..Jay bless ..pls I want to know if its compulsory that I will pay tution fees and register courses before submitting my documents to embassy ?

It's not compulsory nor necessary. Unless your school demand payment/deposit.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by semuyi: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
@Amefrica,kcluv2men and others, please i need a format for letter of intent. mailakinwo2@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
semuyi: please house, i need your heal asap, i am about applying online but i need a sample of letter of intent and i also need guidance in filling it online. will appreciate if i get the intent letter to my mail. mailakinwo2@yahoo.com. plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I've sent some samples to ur mail..

Merge it with the docs in/under Letter of Explanation.

Success!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cheriphyom: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
ChriGo: .....I know nothing about the school but all i know is most schools in Canada are of good standard so be rest assure you'll get the value for your Kudi grin....Nova Scotia as a province has good immigration system so you got no issue with that as well.....work permit process is same everywia in Canada......

Thanks baba, i appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lucaschase(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Please I need reply
Good Evening house, Am currently applying for MEng Electrical Engineering Winter 2015 in the following Universities: MUN, Carleton and University of Victoria. I want to know the criteria for getting Post Graduate work permit , if it depends on the duration of the course, e.g MEng programs are usually 1year, I wish to know if the Post Graduate work permit will just be for 1year. Also, which of MUN, Carleton and university of Victoria is more affordable for MEng program... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kcluv2men(m): 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
gentpeace: @ America,miss bon,slimdel and all the hommies that helped me here during my admission process.I thank una ..Jay bless ..pls I want to know if its compulsory that I will pay tution fees and register courses before submitting my documents to embassy ?

It Isn't compulsory at all. You don't have to disturb yourself about registration of courses. Just focus on packaging your application and getting your TRV.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by standupguy(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Nope!

Business registration documents, CAC, MoU, Tax clearance and invoices.

Abeg which one be MoU?
Got soa,cac, no tax clearance yet, or invoices.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kcluv2men(m): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Success!

Help me forward am to mine too abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
standupguy:

Abeg which one be MoU?
Got soa,cac, no tax clearance yet, or invoices.

Memorandum of Understanding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akanni(m): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
lucaschase: Please I need reply
Good Evening house, Am currently applying for MEng Electrical Engineering Winter 2015 in the following Universities: MUN, Carleton and University of Victoria. I want to know the criteria for getting Post Graduate work permit , if it depends on the duration of the course, e.g MEng programs are usually 1year, I wish to know if the Post Graduate work permit will just be for 1year. Also, which of MUN, Carleton and university of Victoria is more affordable for MEng program... Thanks
yea,post grad work permit depends on course duration, 1 yr prog gets you 1 yr post grad work permit and 2 yrs gets you 2-3 yrs work permit.
for your second request, google is your friend, check out the school sites and fees for the program.
cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by exbash: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Success!

Biko nu "do me as u do my broda' kindly send same to me - exbashorun1@yahoo.com. tanks ...#waiting#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tobi14: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello house, I'm planning to go for my masters in canada (MEng Petroleum Eng) and from my research on the internet U Albeta and U calgary are the top schools in petroleum engineering in canada. I would be highly grateful if anyone who has been admitted and has started his/her masters or is about travelling for masters in these two schools to give me a detailed breakdown of requirements and embassy procedures. I'm kinda more interested in U of calgary anyways.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DebohBaron(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:
You can fill what u did in ur NYSC and IT as your job experiences.

Buy what if I'm asked to submit my job offer letter and payslips??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
ChriGo: .....Nice to know you're in Canada....You make me laugh @bolded....Nobody needs to apply for work permit.....the only thing peeps need to do is get the SIN(Social Insurance Number)....Lobatan....And to do that, you only need to fill out this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .....No dey scare peeps Ojare grin....You just dey Land so calm down biko.....after filling the form in that link, CIC will get back to you within 30 days with an attachment form stating you're Eligible to work off campus....Just take that letter to Service Canada nearest to you and your SIN number will be issued Instantly.....Lobatan.....This applies to EVERYONE either you're here before June or after June.....So there is no GOBE anywhere......
No mis information anywhere, I stated what I was told by the international office. you apply for authorization which takes 3weeks. whoever needs more info, let them ask their uni abeg, maybe mine are not as conversant as you - who knows?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
Look guys,

a brazillian guy walked into the international office with me yesterday, on his permit, it was written that he could work 20 hours, on mine, in the remark section, nothing was written, just a code so the international office said I had to apply for authorization from cic which will take 3 weeks. I was confused cos of the new rule and I was told that if I had applied for visa before june 1, the old rule would apply but if I apply after june 1, it would be like the brazillian guy. so if you applied after june 1, all you will need is to get your SIN card but if before, you need the authorization to apply for SIN.
If you feel I am wrong, ask your UNI abeg, that's what Uni of Alberta told me. I am not mis informing anyone on here. lets all get the info right before attacking anyone joor

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
twoc: Thank God for a safe trip. Congratulations, Pls did you book a RETURN ticket or ONE way.

I booked a return flight o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
mtxatx:

Please expatiate more... do u mean the date your trv was issued (the one on ur passport)? ,, or date u applied .. before June

Hi,

that I am not sure of although CIC did use the word "apply", which should mean date you applied. I landed in August and that was the date my study permit carried but TRV was issued in May so i still got the old restriction. Obviously, you get to apply for authorisation immediately but turn around time to receive the authorisation is 3 weeks, thats what i was told. After authorisation, you can then apply for SIN card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
verizon007:

Thank God for journey mercy,please kindly check your yahoo i sent you email last week

Hi, Please resend your message. I didn't receive any.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
rsavvy: Hello everyone ,

Nice to see some really nice people stick to the thread and dint know nairaland doesnt hesitate to block someone.

anyone headed to Toronto this month? what airline are you flying

@slimdel @finestlex and the rest cant remember.... and @chrigo welldone sir

here to help
this August , Emirates
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congrats to all those who just chopped their trv. To the fellas that were delayed, the Lord is your strength.. never give up hope. If Amefrica can do it, yes you can. @amefrica, I received my LOL last night..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by verizon007: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
abisolmi:

Hi, Please resend your message. I didn't receive any.

i just resent it now, kindly check please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
verizon007:

i just resent it now, kindly check please

hi ma'am, i just replied. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
My chill pill dn finish o!

Hmm! And MUN aspirants come many... good thing.

God will surprise we hopefuls with good news this week in Jesus name...Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
abisolmi:

Hi,

that I am not sure of although CIC did use the word "apply", which should mean date you applied. I landed in August and that was the date my study permit carried but TRV was issued in May so i still got the old restriction. Obviously, you get to apply for authorisation immediately but turn around time to receive the authorisation is 3 weeks, thats what i was told. After authorisation, you can then apply for SIN card.

Welcom ma, how was ur journey??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congrats, and you're right about the new law! The difference between pre-June 1 and post-June 1 applicants is just the application for work permit, otherwise called authorisation. For those that applied before June 1, they have to apply for authorisation, and then later for the SIN. For those that apply on or after June 1, they are automatically authorised once TRV is issued, so they only apply for the SIN when they land Canny. Peeps can read the law on the CIC website. What questions and/or documents did they ask you at the POE?
abisolmi: Look guys,

a brazillian guy walked into the international office with me yesterday, on his permit, it was written that he could work 20 hours, on mine, in the remark section, nothing was written, just a code so the international office said I had to apply for authorization from cic which will take 3 weeks. I was confused cos of the new rule and I was told that if I had applied for visa before june 1, the old rule would apply but if I apply after june 1, it would be like the brazillian guy. so if you applied after june 1, all you will need is to get your SIN card but if before, you need the authorization to apply for SIN.
If you feel I am wrong, ask your UNI abeg, that's what Uni of Alberta told me. I am not mis informing anyone on here. lets all get the info right before attacking anyone joor

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Jijola: Congrats, and you're right about the new law! The difference between pre-June 1 and post-June 1 applicants is just the application for work permit, otherwise called authorisation. For those that applied before June 1, they have to apply for authorisation, and then later for the SIN. For those that apply on or after June 1, they are automatically authorised once TRV is issued, so they only apply for the SIN when they land Canny. Peeps can read the law on the CIC website. What questions and/or documents did they ask you at the POE?

Thanks alot for clearing this. nothing really was asked except my letter of intro and i brought it out, the lady didnt even spend 5mins with me. no hassle at all, maybe cos the monday was a holiday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.