Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,472 members, 7,954,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (628116 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 2:53am On Aug 06, 2014
i have been trying hard all day to post a message on here to no avail. How una dey? I landed safe in Edmonton yesterday to the glory of God. To those who applied for visa before June 1, na gobe o, you will have to apply for your work permit on CIC website even if you land Canada after June 1. This was my case, I saw the restriction on my study permit and the remark didnt say i could work twenty hours off campus. I saw another who applied June 4 and though the restrictions were same as mine, it was written that he could work twenty hours. there really was no hassle at Toronto immigration where i got my study permit, the letter of introduction was not even all that important cos the immigration lady said to a guy beside me "if you dont have anything with you, its fine, we have everything in the system".

Luftansa Air is really nice but, air Canada did feel like an "air bus" lol. my Nokia X did not work, shame cos i bought it newly. don't know what else to say but, its still summer, thank God and i don't want to think of winter just yet.

regards peeps and be safe

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 06, 2014
Haba, racism in Qatar too? Na wa

BaaleofMontreal: Those going to Canada via Qatar airways should be ready to sleep in doha airport, transit accommodation is denied for Nigerian passport holders, meal voucher is given though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Bussiebabe(f): 3:38am On Aug 06, 2014
abisolmi: i have been trying hard all day to post a message on here to no avail. How una dey? I landed safe in Edmonton yesterday to the glory of God. To those who applied for visa before June 1, na gobe o, you will have to apply for your work permit on CIC website even if you land Canada after June 1. This was my case, I saw the restriction on my study permit and the remark didnt say i could work twenty hours off campus. I saw another who applied June 4 and though the restrictions were same as mine, it was written that he could work twenty hours. there really was no hassle at Toronto immigration where i got my study permit, the letter of introduction was not even all that important cos the immigration lady said to a guy beside me "if you dont have anything with you, its fine, we have everything in the system".

Luftansa Air is really nice but, air Canada did feel like an "air bus" lol. my Nokia X did not work, shame cos i bought it newly. don't know what else to say but, its still summer, thank God and i don't want to think of winter just yet.

Wow! Thank God for journey mercy, enjoy the weather while it last

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Drpak: 4:17am On Aug 06, 2014
siri1: Haba, racism in Qatar too? Na wa

this is nt a matter of racism. Infact, Qatar does not discriminate....but dey just don't want to see nigerians in particular if possible. But if you are nigerian with us passport or even us green card,qatar will treat you like a king. wink But in all....u would love to see the amazing HIA. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cheriphyom: 4:23am On Aug 06, 2014
@chrigo @siga @amefrica , please I am trying to pull an admission @ Nova Scotia community college in Halifax. Please do you know much about the school and the province as regards their immigration system , work permit, RP after school. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:25am On Aug 06, 2014
abisolmi: i have been trying hard all day to post a message on here to no avail. How una dey? I landed safe in Edmonton yesterday to the glory of God. To those who applied for visa before June 1, na gobe o, you will have to apply for your work permit on CIC website even if you land Canada after June 1. This was my case, I saw the restriction on my study permit and the remark didnt say i could work twenty hours off campus. I saw another who applied June 4 and though the restrictions were same as mine, it was written that he could work twenty hours. there really was no hassle at Toronto immigration where i got my study permit, the letter of introduction was not even all that important cos the immigration lady said to a guy beside me "if you dont have anything with you, its fine, we have everything in the system".

.....Nice to know you're in Canada....You make me laugh @bolded....Nobody needs to apply for work permit.....the only thing peeps need to do is get the SIN(Social Insurance Number)....Lobatan....And to do that, you only need to fill out this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .....No dey scare peeps Ojare grin....You just dey Land so calm down biko.....after filling the form in that link, CIC will get back to you within 30 days with an attachment form stating you're Eligible to work off campus....Just take that letter to Service Canada nearest to you and your SIN number will be issued Instantly.....Lobatan.....This applies to EVERYONE either you're here before June or after June.....So there is no GOBE anywhere......

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:36am On Aug 06, 2014
cheriphyom: @chrigo @siga @amefrica , please I am trying to pull an admission @ Nova Scotia community college in Halifax. Please do you know much about the school and the province as regards their immigration system , work permit, RP after school. Thanks
.....I know nothing about the school but all i know is most schools in Canada are of good standard so be rest assure you'll get the value for your Kudi grin....Nova Scotia as a province has good immigration system so you got no issue with that as well.....work permit process is same everywia in Canada......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingsolve(m): 5:11am On Aug 06, 2014
ChriGo: .....Nice to know you're in Canada....You make me laugh @bolded....Nobody needs to apply for work permit.....the only thing peeps need to do is get the SIN(Social Insurance Number)....Lobatan....And to do that, you only need to fill out this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .....No dey scare peeps Ojare grin....You just dey Land so calm down biko.....after filling the form in that link, CIC will get back to you within 30 days with an attachment form stating you're Eligible to work off campus....Just take that letter to Service Canada nearest to you and your SIN number will be issued Instantly.....Lobatan.....This applies to EVERYONE either you're here before June or after June.....So there is no GOBE anywhere......
Thanks chairman mi, you are too much, always on point. I believe you enjoyed the long weekend, regards to your one and only missbon. One luv bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by verizon007: 5:33am On Aug 06, 2014

Thank God for journey mercy,please kindly check your yahoo i sent you email last week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:36am On Aug 06, 2014
kingsolve:
Thanks chairman mi, you are too much, always on point. I believe you enjoyed the long weekend, regards to your one and only missbon. One luv bro
....Thanks baba...Omo the long weekend relieved me abit....now wey we don resume again na multiple bombardment grin....although doing the last courses for this semester....done with the rest....will send regards to her....thanks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kunle2box(m): 6:14am On Aug 06, 2014
Hello house, I've been able to upload all my documents except proof of financial capability. The error message 502 keeps showing with each trial. The file is a pdf file with 28 pages and 3.6Gb size. I guess the error is cos of the size. Any idea of what to do? maybe a software that will reduce the size.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:25am On Aug 06, 2014
Hmm. reporting from Montreal airport. flight tomorrow morning to st. Johns. for those that haven't been able to reach me, sorry. when am settled, we'll relate well. pleasssee all, try to get that LOI. nor be small talk I do just now, but at the end of the day I got the permitssss. This place is cool. Goodluck to those travelling soon(slimdel, sleem b and all) and to the trv hopefuls. We shall celebrate

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Rawlizo, what's up? Tried pinging you. Have you reached?

My bros nor worry. Will hit you up soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2014
twoc: To the glory of God I passed my medicals. praise the Lord on my behalf. I just got a notice to bring my passport now.
im grateful to everyone on this forum that has helped me in one way or the other.God bless you all.

congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Patdeka:

Safe trip Rawlings. Av been trying to reach u tho.

Thanks madam. we go talk
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cman4good: 6:47am On Aug 06, 2014
@ rawlizo........ please i am applying for a study permit to come to ST.JOHN'S MUN for winter 2015...... please i need your as close pal since your are there already. congrats...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twoc: 6:52am On Aug 06, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:
Congrats dear
Thank God and thanks to you all for your advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2014
Welcome and thanks to God for journey mercies @Absolmi n Rawlizo. Wishin u d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twoc: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2014

Thank God for a safe trip. Congratulations, Pls did you book a RETURN ticket or ONE way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 6:59am On Aug 06, 2014
kunle2box: Hello house, I've been able to upload all my documents except proof of financial capability. The error message 502 keeps showing with each trial. The file is a pdf file with 28 pages and 3.6Gb size. I guess the error is cos of the size. Any idea of what to do? maybe a software that will reduce the size.

Kindly go down this thread, someone shared a site where u can shrink pdf, i wud av assisted u wt dat,but am browsing wt a 'palasa' nw. Hahahaha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Drbuzz: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2014

welcome to canny land miss....I would like some clarification on ths issue....are u talkin about the date of application or the date of visa approval?...pls shed more light @amefrica,miss bon,chrigo,slimdel,siga nd odas...ur input is needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 06, 2014
thanks

codebreaker:

Apply again and get your docs in order.. Nothing worse than waiting for a whole year.. Even if your visa comes out in September all you gotta do is buckle up and catch up.. nothing do you, Goodluck..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kunle2box(m): 7:16am On Aug 06, 2014
Thanks @emperoracro, Please what page on the thread is it?
emperoracro:
Kindly go down this thread, someone shared a site where u can shrink pdf, i wud av assisted u wt dat,but am browsing wt a 'palasa' nw. Hahahaha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2014
Is anyone going to ottawa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 7:56am On Aug 06, 2014
kunle2box: Hello house, I've been able to upload all my documents except proof of financial capability. The error message 502 keeps showing with each trial. The file is a pdf file with 28 pages and 3.6Gb size. I guess the error is cos of the size. Any idea of what to do? maybe a software that will reduce the size.
Shrink here; www.pdfcompressor.org
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 06, 2014
cman4good: plz lovely people of NL,,,,,,I want TO know if statement of purpose is the some as LETTER OF EXPLANATION,,,,, plz i have been hearing SOP AND L O EXP.... I need urgent advise.. thanks

Same thang!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 06, 2014
bodmas3000: Guys abeg prayers oooooo I submitted since 11th July paper route I need a call for medical Asap I sleep dream Canada I think I am already there please Pray for me this week make God do am thanks guys @chrigo@lovelydamsel@BaaleofMontreal@sasafirece and all others I greet u guys.

Chill! It should come this week..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 06, 2014
gavinmensah:

Loool u r High. Once I cross canny border, il do them a professional mail on this issue. The guy dnt have the Courtesy to wear gloove. He now brought out gloove to wear when he wanted to check armpit. God will judge him oo

[size=30pt]I give up!!! sad cry angry cry[/size]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 06, 2014

Welcome to Canada! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 06, 2014

My "financial capability" was over 40 pages and just 2MB size. How come urs is gigabyte? Abi, na megabyte you been wan talk?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Drbuzz: welcome to canny land miss....I would like some clarification on ths issue....are u talkin about the date of application or the date of visa approval?...pls shed more light @amefrica,miss bon,chrigo,slimdel,siga nd odas...ur input is needed

Scroll up or go to the previous page! Chrigo did justice to that already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 06, 2014
Google compress pdf file, there are free online pdf compressor u can use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.