Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly (20398 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Sermwell(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2013
It would have been a gud protest but dis women missed it! Why take side wit 1 party wen 2 parties ar involved thereby makin it look as if they were hired crowd! Is d national assembly now ASUU office? Even if they ar not literate as they claim they shud av asked questions na b4 embarkin on dat misguided protest!

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by jonescyras(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Your post does not make sense
He miss road ni! grin
BekeeBuAgbara: Your post does not make sense
He miss road ni!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by PastorOluT(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2013
Many are still carrying their corpse (sins, pains, regrets, disappointments, anxieties e.t.c) all around despite all the offers of help Matthew 11:28-30, may God open their eyes to accept help in Christ Jesus our Lord, savior and redeemer.
ACCEPT JESUS TODAY AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND TURN OVER YOUR CORPSE TO HIM!

The scripture that readily came to mind;

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7: 24-25

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by jonescyras(m): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Sermwell: F
Who's this? N what are you doing here?
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Chinwem(f): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2013
sambroose: Only for naija you go see Market women dey chase Lecturers ..smh
before they are market women, they are people's mothers whose children have been affected .........so what is your point??
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by wiskolowiska: 8:19am On Oct 15, 2013
whateva their reason,it's a welcomd one
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Woke4all(m): 8:22am On Oct 15, 2013
They don't look like market women. 

belive they were paid for this Protest
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Accipetex(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2013
waaaaaaaoooooooo saw dis comin cos i slept on tym last nyt nd woke up early dis mornin nd i was suprisd cos dia wia no mosquitos tru out d nyt nd i just knew smtin new wil apn 2me 2day. tank u market women, tank u ASUU, tank u seun, tank u tuesday mornin nd tank u baba god. i always knew dat at d £ND T1ME, TH1#G$ Like dis wil hapn cos i just made a frontpage comment wich i v nt done upon joining nairaland since 2009. waaaooo baba god noni dancing alingo, azonto, alanta,etighi, nd garala 4 rum.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by cupid4ig(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2013
sambroose: Only for naija you go see Market women dey chase Lecturers ..smh
seriously u need help
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by brosun(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2013
gcfr.com:
Come tu think of it, they ve a point.. Lecturers still sell handouts, force studnts to sleep with them, collect bribes, etc. If I was Gej, I wuda sacked all of em' and replace them with the countless jobless Nigerians with Phd's wastin away.
Are these the front-burner issues right now? You sound as uneducated as the market women in this post!

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by jonescyras(m): 8:28am On Oct 15, 2013
brosun: Are these the front-burner issues right now? You sound as uneducated as the market women in this post!
Lolzezzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
brosun: Are these the front-burner issues right now? You sound as uneducated as the market women in this post!
Lolzezzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Sermwell(m): 8:28am On Oct 15, 2013
jonescyras:
Who's this? N what are you doing here?
I'm lookin 4 ur fada! But I leta found out he went 2 protest wit d market women! Idiot
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by CharliParker: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2013
Abeg let the women speak sence to the Fg and ASUU. What i want is ASUU should call off the strike
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by gentlelyfe(m): 8:32am On Oct 15, 2013
protesting against ASUU dosnt mek any diference...its not dts d cause of d strike bt d FG...so if d protest is not targeted at the source...den dia jst wasting dia energy....i believe d afected students shd b d ones protesting n not market women
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Ashmark(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2013
That's nice.....check this blog out www.champsmedia..com
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 15, 2013
The problem with incompetent and mediocre leadership is that they end up with incompetent and mediocre officials around them.

Nonsence, they can't even organise a convincing Rent-A-Crowd protest.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Hillaco: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2013
abeg ASUU make una go back to class oooo, make market wemen no vesk close market ooo
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by tomzman: 8:39am On Oct 15, 2013
grin grin This should be in the jokes section. Illiteracy is really a disease. So how do they plan to chase ASUU out of the country? maybe by not selling food to them in the market. Mtchew! bunch of illiterate women.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by KehindeOmololu: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2013
If you really have good elders @home you wouldn't have been insulting all these women agitating for their rights....some people comment are so senseless and diabolical.......I will forever believe in a philosophy that says Is ONLY A FOOL DAT TAKES AN ACTION WITHOUT REASONS....................................Grt job frm all dis women..am in support of u.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by nnenna311: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2013
It is their right to express themselves this way, but it is equally my right to tell them how stupid what they said is. Is a degree in state uni different from that of fed uni?. The same thing lectures are doing with thier daughters is what politicias are doing before they give them jobs. It is sad that the same women will want thier children from state uní to be world class graduates and not to be compared to a local graduates like they used the hotel instance. This is sad!

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by brosun(m): 8:47am On Oct 15, 2013
You could see the incompetent 'hand' of the FG in this stage-managed protest! The market women went all out for ASUU's jugular regardless of the issue at stake, which is the refusal of the FG to honour an agreement it freely entered into with ASUU. Rented crowds have become a regular feature of GEJ's divisive politics. We will keep watching events as they unfold, but previous experience has made it clear that no amount of coercion, intimidation or blackmail will resolve this impasse. The solution is simple: FG should tow the path of honour and implement the 2009 agreement it made with ASUU.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by searay(m): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2013
mascot87:
Laughing in Swahili grin grin grin, these women are jokersgrin grin
Oga lecturer, women can do and undo, so don't underestimate their prowess.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by thoniann(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2013
The serious minded market women are in the market trying to eke a living.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has said there is no going back on the already four-month-old strike except the federal government fully implements the agreement it reached with the union in 2009.

In a peaceful protest held Monday by Nsukka Zone of the union, comprising all Federal and state universities in the South-East states at the Freedom Square, Awka, the union said the lecturers were ready to bear the brunt of the strike.

ASUU said though for two months now, the federal government had not paid lecturers as a result of the implementation of no-work-no-pay rule, it is the only sacrifice it could make to bring the country’s education on track again.

The union said if it were for their own interest, they would return to work to earn their salaries.

Addressing the protesting workers, the coordinator of the Nsukka Zone, Comrade Dr Chidi Osuagwu said, “We have had enough patience since 2009 when the ASUU/FG agreement was reached. We are not talking of renegotiation any longer, we are talking of implementation”.

He urged members of the union to march on with the strike and not be deterred as it survived the onslaught of the military government led by General Ibrahim Babangida in 1992, and would surely survive this with the encouragement of the poor masses whom the government seek to cut off from education.

On his part, the chairman of ASUU in Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Comrade Prof Ike Odimegwu said, “Nigeria as a country has never had a shortfall in revenue since the 1980s, but the government keeps insisting that it has no money. We are aware that there is more than enough money.

“We want to tell Nigerians that if the ASUU strike fails, there will be negative consequences for the Nigerian education sector. An average Nigerian will pay N200,000 as tuition in a federal university, and over 80 percent of parents will not be able to train their children in University.

“We are, therefore, calling on Nigerians to joins us and question the Nigerian government, and call them to place priorities right. Trillions have been allocated to build a centenary village, but here we can not meet the UNESCO approved 26 percent budget for education. We must tell the government that 8.2 percent budget for education is not enough”.

Men of the Federal Road Safety Commission, the Police and Road Traffic agency in Anambra were on hand to provide security and direct vehicles peacefully in the course of the protest, while the angry lecturers marched with placards.

Some of the placards carried by the protesters read “Nigeria: right country, poor education, fund education, fund development, ASUU for quality education, no politics in education, FG save universities among others”.

2 Likes

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by buoye1(m): 8:54am On Oct 15, 2013
Kudos to them...but that ll move MR EBELE.........strike till 2017!!!!!!!God 4bid
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Johnsinia(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Woke4all: They don't look like market women. 

belive they were paid for this Protest
just d way ACN paid 4 fuel subsidy strike. We r nt fools; APC is d brain behind al d strike in d country recently. God pass dem.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Sermwell(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2013
Accipetex: waaaaaaaoooooooo saw dis comin cos i slept on tym last nyt nd woke up early dis mornin nd i was suprisd cos dia wia no mosquitos tru out d nyt nd i just knew smtin new wil apn 2me 2day. tank u market women, tank u ASUU, tank u seun, tank u tuesday mornin nd tank u baba god. i always knew dat at d £ND T1ME, TH1#G$ Like dis wil hapn cos i just made a frontpage comment wich i v nt done upon joining nairaland since 2009. waaaooo baba god noni dancing alingo, azonto, alanta,etighi, nd garala 4 rum.
and hu told u dat u made frontpage my guy? END TIME celebration!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by lexrichy(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2013
gcfr.com:
Come tu think of it, they ve a point.. Lecturers still sell handouts, force studnts to sleep with them, collect bribes, etc. If I was Gej, I wuda sacked all of em' and replace them with the countless jobless Nigerians with Phd's wastin away.
one of the advantages being a lecturer is that u can't just get sacked like that.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by slimfit1(m): 9:06am On Oct 15, 2013
At least they are showing that they care, how many of you have parents that would come out to talk how many ?
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by RFella(m): 9:06am On Oct 15, 2013
God bless dis sick nation....damn!!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by McLuhan(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2013
Kamanda: The problem with incompetent and mediocre leadership is that they end up with incompetent and mediocre officials around them.

Nonsence, they can't even organise a convincing Rent-A-Crowd protest.
My brother, you shouldn't be surprised. Such stage-managed protests are the stock-in-trade of all pathologically corrupt and inept regimes. We saw similar protests in the days of Abacha, the dictator who attempted to transmute into Nigeria's life president. As we all know, Abacha attempted to proscribe ASUU, threatening to sack any striking lecturer and vowing to bring in Pakistanis and Indians to replace them. In the end, ASUU survived Abacha and not even one expatriate lecturer accepted the pittance that Abacha offered as salaries. Instead, Abacha reportedly died on the laps of an Indian - only that it was an Indian prostitute, not one of the Indian professors of medicine that he intended to hire. So, let those who think they can destroy ASUU continue in their self- delusion and let their rented crowds continue to applaud them. We have seen their type before. Where is Abacha today? And where are the people who thronged Abuja in rented buses to adulate him and castigate ASUU and other members of civil society? Leave the hired protesters and their sponsors. Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad!

2 Likes

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by sapien(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2013
gcfr.com:
Have you started smoking that weed again?
You wanna sack doctors and professors with many years of experience for young Phd holders? You think we are talking about Lagos state government and their sacked doctors here?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Had Just Completed His Business Degree In The UK (photos) / Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session / 6 Tips To Make Studying Abroad More Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.