Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly (20400 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by chemashie(m): 5:49am On Oct 16, 2013
biafranqueen: no my friend you are a joker when have you tried to fight for what's right ever in your life angry
Where were you during fuel subsidy protest? Fighting for your right my azz!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Lasun(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Dannylux:
Finally, a rational human. Everyone is quick to pounce on GEJ neglecting the fact that there's a change in government. New Government; New policy

An irresponsible and irrational response.Did you say change of government? for starters who was Vice president when the agreement was signed? How come is convenient to impliment the militant rehab program or govt has not changed. Last time I checked it was the same "changed " govt that signed the agreement that also signed the militant rehab program.

Please we need to stop thinking tthrough out shit hole and askngovt tombe resposible.

How much allowance is govt owing legislators and civil servants, ASUU Is owed 3 years "earned allowance". Govt should pay up first before asking for renegotiation for subsequent allowance.

No amount of rented market women (Mrs.Florence Sani was on PEJ campaign train during last election) will make ASUU bulge.
Those of you asking for more sacrifice from ASUU should first try talking our legislooters to forgo one year earned allowance and let us see how that pans out.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by c4sam(m): 7:10am On Oct 16, 2013
151487made: Who dey wan chase asif na only them get naija gbagbe oshi y dey no chase our corrupt leaders #usless women wit useless talk....... Tree near trea na him dey make monkey get skill o shey those women fit chase their husband comot for house not to talk of chasing ASUU comot for country
. Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ get mama so? Don't pick offend me jst ask
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2013
debbleopto:

THANK GOD THEY WOULD NEVER DO HALF OF WHAT THESE DISGRACEFUL 200 WOMEN
HAVE DONE. Idle women that are looking for cheap money, threatening doctors, professors and professor emeritus of sack and replacing them with inexperienced jobless Nigerians. may be Roli21 will sit down in that class to receive half baked education. I have heard from lecturers mouth that when government neglect their welfare, that they care less about the students. the planes that usually crashes is as a result of neglect of the plane inspectors welfare. they delay their salaries. So the inspectors. collect bribe from the operators. Even if ASSU is forced back to work, will they give the students good education with aggrieved mind?

Even then, d ASUU i know cant easily b forced back to classroom no matter what. No govt can easily dare to sack dem as being purported by these politically hired women.Since wen did d women start sacking & employing govt workers? Wat do they know abt educatn?If a condusive environment is not provided 4 dem, wld they b in d mkt to sell thier pepper/onions? I listened 2 dat correspondence on radio and those women spoke so market-womenly grin ranting anyhow. And ofcos, what manner of behaviour did one xpect frm market women who are slightly abv 'illiteracy' (that's if they're not 'stacked illiterates') Mayb they themselves 'll take up d work of lecturing in our tertiary institutns. These women are just PEJ azz lickers and we students shld be solidly behind ASUU in this fight henceforth. No backing of fg on this again. We've seen that ASUU has remained resolute not to return to classroom unless and unless thier demands are met. We shld push the govt do what they are expected of. That's it!!!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by mankand(m): 7:52am On Oct 16, 2013
They can see their lives without looking at the mirror. One question is how much does these baboons get paid for false flags and deceit. I bet I will chase my mother with a double barrel if I find her doing such.

Bunch of fools been led by a confused leaders running a confused country.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by ceaser: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2013
RedBenson:

You this 'policewoman', if fg fails to implement an agreement in favour of ur endeavour, would you still wear this police regalia?
No. She'll simply increase her illegal check-point tolls and bribes to =N=100 per head. And God help you if you can't pay it, na accidental discharge o. They illegally take the anger on innocent Nigerians when government treats 'em badly, now she sees no good in ASUU legally fighting for normalcy.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Shine1177: 8:57am On Oct 16, 2013
toptop: Your defence lacks merit. You dont make comparison from disimilar positions. State and federal university lecturers have the same academic qualifications(not on the same level with polytechnic staff) and they belong to the same union. As a union, they determine what is ethical and binding on their members. It is not for you to hide behind your keyboard and decide. Are state governors complaining? They will not because, they know that they do not have the fund to lift the standard of education as expected. They will certainly be glad to see FG fund their schools as they fund federal schools. Afterall, we have Nigerians from diffrent states all in state universities.

Read my post well again, my comparison is of Federal Polytechnics and State Polytechnics just as you have Federal Universities and State Universities. To use your logic, its FG responsibility to develop State varsities? Why did those State establish a university they can't run? Waiting for grandpa FG right? My State, Ekiti, use to have 3 State Universities before Governor Fayemi came on board and merge them all into one because of fund and their are some State that have 2 varsities while some don't even have one. So where is true federalism if FG maintain and pay earn allowances for lecturers in such State varsities who are not her employee. Do you say because Airtel and MTN are in the same line of service and the employees possess same qualifications Airtel should therefore pay her staff as MTN? If those lecturers in the various State varsities can't stand seeing their colleagues in FG schools earn more than they do, quit and join FG schools. FG should not carry State burden as FG burden carried by State are paid back (You will hear your governor saying FG is owning us this much on the FG roads we constructed and they later get paid) will the state government pay FG whatever sum she pays her employee in these Varsities?

My argument is; if ASUU says because the lecturers in State and FG varsities possess the same certificate then they should earn same salary and allowances, have the same buildings and facilities the same principle should be applied to State and Federal Polytechnics, State and Federal College of Education. I think you remember ASUP was on strike for 4 months for similar reasons but they allow reason to prevail.

The bottom line is, State Universities lecturers has no business in this ASUU strike, their action is Rub-my-back-I-rub-your-back, its against their job ethics. Let these State Varsities pull-out of the strike and see what becomes of ASUU terror.

God save Nigeria!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by tomzman: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Say what you will but these 'Illiterate' women have taken the initiative to express themselves and given voice to their association. They're not lazy, they're not cowed, they care enough to take action. Which is more than can be said for the people who are directly affected: sitting on their butts contemplating their self-acclaimed intellectual skulls? You need heart.

I believe it was Alexander Pope who said "A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring". Where the uneducated women are humble in ignorance and perpetual scholars have been humbled by the infinite nature of knowledge, the half-educated man is a fool who presumes to have escaped ignorance and dares to look down his nose at others. If you knew any better, you wouldn't be so dismissive of other people's intellect.
It seems you are a student of philosophy. Please do not quote me again if you cannot express yourself in clear and concise terms.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Saib4Jesus: 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
Na market women with government backing fit chase ASUU away and replace them with fellow market women.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by homeboy205: 7:57am On Oct 17, 2013
LOL i pray say this one help clear things off but it's not enough, we need our student to protest
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by alexleo(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2013
Shine1177:

Read my post well again, my comparison is of Federal Polytechnics and State Polytechnics just as you have Federal Universities and State Universities. To use your logic, its FG responsibility to develop State varsities? Why did those State establish a university they can't run? Waiting for grandpa FG right? My State, Ekiti, use to have 3 State Universities before Governor Fayemi came on board and merge them all into one because of fund and their are some State that have 2 varsities while some don't even have one. So where is true federalism if FG maintain and pay earn allowances for lecturers in such State varsities who are not her employee. Do you say because Airtel and MTN are in the same line of service and the employees possess same qualifications Airtel should therefore pay her staff as MTN? If those lecturers in the various State varsities can't stand seeing their colleagues in FG schools earn more than they do, quit and join FG schools. FG should not carry State burden as FG burden carried by State are paid back (You will hear your governor saying FG is owning us this much on the FG roads we constructed and they later get paid) will the state government pay FG whatever sum she pays her employee in these Varsities?

My argument is; if ASUU says because the lecturers in State and FG varsities possess the same certificate then they should earn same salary and allowances, have the same buildings and facilities the same principle should be applied to State and Federal Polytechnics, State and Federal College of Education. I think you remember ASUP was on strike for 4 months for similar reasons but they allow reason to prevail.

The bottom line is, State Universities lecturers has no business in this ASUU strike, their action is Rub-my-back-I-rub-your-back, its against their job ethics. Let these State Varsities pull-out of the strike and see what becomes of ASUU terror.

God save Nigeria!

You are not well informed about the university system. You are saying that state universities have no business in this strike but you are wrong. Do you know that professors and PHDs in state universities sometimes go on external supervision to Federal universities and same goes for those of them in federal universities? State university lecturers who have done external supervision in federal universities since 2009 till date are part of the people being owed earned allowances by FG so don't say what you don't know. Earned allowances is not salary.
Again, state universities benefitted from the 100 billion naira infrastructure being shared by FG. Pls follow this link for more info on that. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/ASUU-strike-re-yet-receive-n100bn-fg-vcs/
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2013
nyere84: Oh pls shut dat ur mouth.
i wish u could say dat 2 my face,ur parent wnt recognize u after giving u a dirty slap..
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
tomzman:
It seems you are a student of philosophy. Please do not quote me again if you cannot express yourself in clear and concise terms.

"Clear and concise" would have to be redefined to accommodate your class of intelligence then. I referenced you to put my opinion in context for the sake of anyone who gets it. No disrespect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? / A Nairalander Had Just Completed His Business Degree In The UK (photos) / Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.