Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly (20396 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2013
LANRYUS: Are these not the same stupid women that were paid to do women for national peace and empowerment at eagle square in Abuja when tha ASUU strike just began. What a poorly acted script, Patient carry go una cup go soon get filled up.
God bless u my brother, I thought I was d only one dat was d only to read btw d lines here. Patience, nwa doh!. orchestrating things.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by McLuhan(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2013
Danjunior: Most nairaland commenting on these issue are just dombfounded, addamant.
To be precise, some of these women can buy your whole family worth and asset. Dont underate dem as mere market women. I knw what i'm saying.
Atlist they have don somtin, what about we who ar student, what have we done?
And to answer some1 question, they went to NAssembly cox, ASUU cant be easily traced. I beleive their objective was to make the NASS se reason if they could force ASUU to call of the strike.
How do you propose the National Assembly should "force ASUU to call off the strike"? By passing a bill to compel them to return to the classroom? Or by buying them off with a fraction of the obscene sums the legislooters have stolen from the national treasury? No, such strategies won't work. I suggest instead that they sue ASUU to any impartial court of competent jurisdiction. It is there that the FG will realise that it cannot have its cake and eat it as well. It is there too that Nigerians will come to appreciate how morally wretched and utterly hopeless their government is.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by jaryeh(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2013
I'm even tempted to say this ASUU strike has put some brains in a state of higgledy-piggledy.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Hychineson(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2013
chicbenita: It seems its not just the students that are affected by the ASUU strike as protesting traders, under the aegis of National Market Women Association, Monday, stormed the National Assembly, demanding that the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, call off its more than three months old strike.
The protesters, who had been at the Ministry of Education and Office of the Head of Service, arrived the Assembly complex at 11.30a.m.

The President-General of the group, Mrs Felicia Sani, who led the more than 200 protesting women, said: “We are tired of seeing our children at home. We want our children back in school. Enough of this cheap blackmail.

“We all know what they do with our year-one daughters in the university. We equally know that they sell handouts and handbooks.

“Is this not worse than corruption of the highest order?”

The President-General of the group, Mrs Felicia Sani when asked why she did not criticize the Federal Government for failing to reach an agreement with ASUU said: “Which agreement? How do you expect lecturers in state universities to earn same salaries as Federal ones? That is impossible.

“We are not educated, but you do not expect a hotel in my village to cost same price as a hotel in Abuja.

“They are located in different places. So how can a state university lecturer earn same salary with his federal counterpart?

“We are begging them for the last time. If we come out again we may have to chase them out of this country and replace them with so many jobless Nigerians.”
Vangaurd
Naij.com

http://www.ogusbaba.com/2013/10/market-women-protest-ASUU-strike-at-n.html#sthash.ju8PZAgg.dpuf
stupid women.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Bitojoe(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2013
Infact,i remember when some women protested in ado-ekiti,with their open breast.immediately the governor during that term put his hand in other.
Abeg,make dem protest with open breast jor.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by jonagaga(m): 11:42am On Oct 15, 2013
Mumu... wetin u knw?
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by fidinwala(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2013
I am not surprise at what Mrs Felicia Sani did,she was the same person that welcomed Mrs patient Jonathan during 2011 election in utako market to show that the President wife also buys from the same market.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by THANKGODAZI: 11:50am On Oct 15, 2013
dis women....make orna try Go skul xo dat orna go undstd watin b education..nd watin b strike......abeg mak orna flee dis topic
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by tchigofigo(m): 11:53am On Oct 15, 2013
henchamb: market women indeed. illiteracy they say is really a disease. madam abeg go and sell your pepper and tomatoes.
what? Do u fink all d pple in d market r illiterates? n na all of dm de sell tomatoes n pepper? most of'em hav produced docs, engnrs, barristers n even governors 4m d 'market'..,fallacy of hasty generalisation is what u jst commited
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by roli21: 11:54am On Oct 15, 2013
Dos of u calling d women silly or ilitr8..well done o....u guz dnt de r som1 elses mum,,its because som of u dnt hv mothers n som of u also dnt hv regards 4 ur mum dats y u r al spewin rubish about women old enuf 2 b ur grandmum..#idiot.....u guz r stil suportin ASUU,,,we students r suferin@home doin nutin @home...our lecturers teachin partly in other various private schools......ASUU is d problem ere,,even if d govt gv dem 10trilion,,,d edu system wil stil b corupt..n it wnt stp d lecturers 2 sti colect blockin fr student,,,30bil earn alowance n 100bill infrastructure..aba ASUU r unreasonable...change cnt cum in a day..oposition jus want 2 rubish gej govt............hw i wish gej shud jus sack every single lecturers n replace dem wit al d jobles phd n msc holders within 1 week,,,u wil see al of dem wil return bk 2 work...........al dos of u stil suportin ASUU ..tink again because. If d money stil comes..no change wil afect u d student...#fooools

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by mavister(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
These women are simply expressing the way they feel and ama call that FREEDOM OF SPEECH okays. Looking at this ongoing strike from a critical point of view..any unbiased and sane nigerian would agree with me that its affecting everyone negatively. Negating the fact that this strike is not doing any one good would only make you look unreasonable. Now lets look at this from this angle. Cos of this strike 1.Nigeria students are home suffering. 2
Men and Women who depends on market in d skull or driving shuttle are home unable to provide 4 their family.
3.If it runs till December surely there will be no Jamb in 2014.
4.Those who failed 2 get admission this year and take solace in trying harder next year will wait 4 two years.
5.In the next two years it will be 2 generations hunting for admission in d space Dat its not enough for 3/4 of a generation.
6.Many students who are supposed 2 b in skull are out dia doin one thing or d other everyday.
7.The death toll is rising every second
8.Students are losing interest in school

Think about the future of Nigeria.
Those that had exams before the strike is a guaranteed failure.

So any one who is trying in any way to put an end to this strike or better still political war , his/efforts are most welcomed.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
tomzman: grin grin This should be in the jokes section. Illiteracy is really a disease. So how do they plan to chase ASUU out of the country? maybe by not selling food to them in the market. Mtchew! bunch of illiterate women.

Say what you will but these 'Illiterate' women have taken the initiative to express themselves and given voice to their association. They're not lazy, they're not cowed, they care enough to take action. Which is more than can be said for the people who are directly affected: sitting on their butts contemplating their self-acclaimed intellectual skulls? You need heart.

I believe it was Alexander Pope who said "A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring". Where the uneducated women are humble in ignorance and perpetual scholars have been humbled by the infinite nature of knowledge, the half-educated man is a fool who presumes to have escaped ignorance and dares to look down his nose at others. If you knew any better, you wouldn't be so dismissive of other people's intellect.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by choppu: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
henchamb: market women indeed. illiteracy they say is really a disease. madam abeg go and sell your pepper and tomatoes.
HEY!!!! take it easy, atleast they are bold, brave, have balls & knw wat they want compared to NANS excos who have lost & sold the essence of their being. The question is "WHAT HAS NANS DONE"? Bunch of TOOTHLESS bulldog. Mtcheeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by toptop: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
These so-called market women are localized rented jokers. All over the world, no government has succeded in pocketing Academics. These women just repeated GEJ answer during the presidential media chat about state universities joining strike. The question is; are all federal universities in Abuja? In almost every state in Nigeria, we have both federal and state owned institutions. These lecturers go to the same markets, hospitals, etc. So why should they be paid differently? They possess the same qualifications. Again, so we have a different job market for state university graduates? With time, state university lecturers will all seek to switch to federal universities. What a rented crowd strategy!!!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
thief,dem dey fight for dia stomach
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Chukkasy(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Well 2day & 2moro is public holiday, lets c if they'll continue on thursday....then we'll knw they'r serious
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by toptop: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
roli21: Dos of u calling d women silly or ilitr8..well done o....u guz dnt de r som1 elses mum,,its because som of u dnt hv mothers n som of u also dnt hv regards 4 ur mum dats y u r al spewin rubish about women old enuf 2 b ur grandmum..#idiot.....u guz r stil suportin ASUU,,,we students r suferin@home doin nutin @home...our lecturers teachin partly in other various private schools......ASUU is d problem ere,,even if d govt gv dem 10trilion,,,d edu system wil stil b corupt..n it wnt stp d lecturers 2 sti colect blockin fr student,,,30bil earn alowance n 100bill infrastructure..aba ASUU r unreasonable...change cnt cum in a day..oposition jus want 2 rubish gej govt............hw i wish gej shud jus sack every single lecturers n replace dem wit al d jobles phd n msc holders within 1 week,,,u wil see al of dem wil return bk 2 work...........al dos of u stil suportin ASUU ..tink again because. If d money stil comes..no change wil afect u d student...#fooools
Just read through your post. Student indeed! The earlier you begin to communicate in a more decent and coherent manner, the better it will be for you. You surely need to spend more years in school. Serious!!!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Olumidzti(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
lincolnj88: D problem with university is ASUU not fg
boring, I wonder how you people are always absolving FG from the problems in the university. For starters, unesco's requirement for education is 26%, it's ASUU's fault that FG is budgeting 8%? The government officials are corrupt & that's why they've not been able curb the lecturers. It's shallow thinking if you think universities' problem is only ASUU.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2013

Na that pepper and tomatoes make som people fit go school today and some people don graduate from the money wey pepper and tomatoes de giv...Literate man!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Shine1177: 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
So pathetic to see Nairalanders calling these women illiterate and pepper seller; you think all the ladies in our market are illiterate? There are some of you that your mother sells in the market and so many graduate turned butcher/pepper grinder, kerosine seller etc. due to lack of white collar job. Does doing a blue collar job make one an illiterate? God save this country!

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
CharliParker: Abeg let the women speak sence to the Fg and ASUU.
What i want is ASUU should call off the strike

Sorry bruv, you want ASUU to call off the strike? If i may ask, are you a student and you culdnt spell correctly the bolded? This is why ASUU is on strike. grin Smh!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
pls like if you think yourself and the Op are unusually smart!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Shine1177: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
toptop: These so-called market women are localized rented jokers. All over the world, no government has succeded in pocketing Academics. These women just repeated GEJ answer during the presidential media chat about state universities joining strike. The question is; are all federal universities in Abuja? In almost every state in Nigeria, we have both federal and state owned institutions. These lecturers go to the same markets, hospitals, etc. So why should they be paid differently? They possess the same qualifications. Again, so we have a different job market for state university graduates? With time, state university lecturers will all seek to switch to federal universities. What a rented crowd strategy!!!

Do the State University lecturers appointment letter carry Federal Government name? Do the State University lecturers collect their salaries and allowance from Federal Government? Is Mr. President the Visitor to these State Universities? How come State Varsity participate in this strike against the contract they signed with the respective State that employed them?

If because they both buy from the same market and pay the same rent in their respective State then Federal Polytechnic and State Polytechnic lecturers should be paid the same salary. The State Government worker and the Local Government worker should earn same salary using your analogy.

The State Universities lecturers have no business in this strike, its killing. Their game plan is rub my back i rub your back, which is against their ethic.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by rellawyt(f): 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
This is a rented crowd.... How can market women dress like this... Abi na boutique women be this...
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by EHoudini: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
ASUU... A dark ominous god is risen over naija and hapless students hardly can breath in d suffocating darkness
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by brosun(m): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
CharliParker: Abeg let the women speak sence to the Fg and ASUU. What i want is ASUU should call off the strike
Just like that? Are you sure you know that the issues on ground go beyond what you "want, which is that ASUU should call off the present strike?" Do you know that the protesters are clearly biased, and it's the FG that really needs to be told to honour the agreement it signed freely with ASUU so that this strike will be over?
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by brosun(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Danjunior: Most nairaland commenting on these issue are just dombfounded, addamant.
To be precise, some of these women can buy your whole family worth and asset. Dont underate dem as mere market women. I knw what i'm saying.
Atlist they have don somtin, what about we who ar student, what have we done?
And to answer some1 question, they went to NAssembly cox, ASUU cant be easily traced. I beleive their objective was to make the NASS se reason if they could force ASUU to call of the strike.
But for the fact that I have some decent upbringing, I would have described your post as the ranting of a 16th century Eskimo goat! We're talking about intellectual content and you're blabbing about some women being capable of buying other people's families! What crass idiocy! Get on track, bro! That a compromised protester buys a whole city does not amount to bravery or intellectal competence, or does it?
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by haibe(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Despite all the Bad News, ASUU Strike, Boko
Haram, Light Issues, Stupid Govt & all That, Its
my Pleasure to Announce to You that Mango is
Out..
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by tunex23: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
The money they use in renting this illitrate crowd plus the one Madam Goodluck jonathan use in getting the honorary degree would have almost been enough 2 settle ASUU! It Obvious Mr fisherman ebele jonathan and his orobor madam don't have nigerian youth @ heart.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
peleson: You are a Big n Mighty fo.ol. The women should deal with them. Majority of the lecturers went to school with scholarship and free food on their table but what have they left for the youth? Crap . Greedy fellows

I would've ignored you but just to tell you that "you are just an abandoned idio.t" or else, how would i describe ur type? What do those uneducated women know abt education? Is ASUU office now in NASS complex? Why didnt they drive thier grievances straight to ASUU office? Why were they so eagerly one sided castigating ASUU? Who shld be appointing accussing fingers on in this entire scenario? Is it fg or ASUU? Who is the one that has breached the agreement here? Fools like you are as misguided as the disgruntled market women. Instead of them to concentrate on how to get thier pepper and crayfish sold, they allowed themselves to be bought by political epicolies grin Dude, dont dare me this afternoon.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by toptop: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Shine1177:

Do the State University lecturers appointment letter carry Federal Government name? Do the State University lecturers collect their salaries and allowance from Federal Government? Is Mr. President the Visitor to these State Universities? How come State Varsity participate in this strike against the contract they signed with the respective State that employed them?

If because they both buy from the same market and pay the same rent in their respective State then Federal Polytechnic and State Polytechnic lecturers should be paid the same salary. The State Government worker and the Local Government worker should earn same salary using your analogy.

The State Universities lecturers have no business in this strike, its killing. Their game plan is rub my back i rub your back, which is against their ethic.
Your defence lacks merit. You dont make comparison from disimilar positions. State and federal university lecturers have the same academic qualifications(not on the same level with polytechnic staff) and they belong to the same union. As a union, they determine what is ethical and binding on their members. It is not for you to hide behind your keyboard and decide. Are state governors complaining? They will not because, they know that they do not have the fund to lift the standard of education as expected. They will certainly be glad to see FG fund their schools as they fund federal schools. Afterall, we have Nigerians from diffrent states all in state universities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Had Just Completed His Business Degree In The UK (photos) / Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session / 6 Tips To Make Studying Abroad More Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.