Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly (20399 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by yuncka: 9:15am On Oct 15, 2013
“We are not educated, but you do not expect a hotel in my village to cost same price as a hotel in Abuja.
“They are located in different places. So how can a state university lecturer earn same salary with his federal counterpart?

Serious PUnchLiNe!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:15am On Oct 15, 2013
Although some things they said about lecturers are true but nonetheless
who no know say "MARKET WOMEN" association na big political/campaign tool these days
they cant face FG because they've been "MOTIVATED"

STOP ACTING LIKE SILLY MOTHERS... It is always easy to blame it on ASUU than the FG sad

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by loswhite(m): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2013
samsard: You didn't read the post did you. As to how it affects them, they have kids in high institutions.
tell us another story.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Symphony007: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2013
Paid market women...they could'nt even be more mild in their lies so as not to be uncovered. Llok how one sided all their response were and they expect people to take them seriously. When the government runs out of money to sponsor protest groups they will get back to the negociating table with ASUU. Disgracefull. I guess wike has started teaching jonathan from his playbook.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by UjSizzle(f): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2013
They gave them an ultimatum? lol i'll love to see what will happen at the end of the month grin grin
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by alexleo(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2013
Market women indeed. We are used to the culture of Nigeria's politicians in arranging rented crowd to support govt foolishly. Its obvious they are rented.
If they were honest,
Why didn't they call the FG to order as well?
Why did they speak for only state universities? So out of the 200 women who protested, none of them have children in federal universities? And even the entire market women in Nigeria they claim to be representing in their protest, don't they have children in Federal universities? Or are all market women's children in Nigeria in state universities? Nigeria is indeed an interesting movie.
So how will they chase ASUU out of this country? Funny. When people who have been bribed are talking, that's the kind of silly things they say. Quite a pity.
The ASUU I know are resolute in sustaining this strike to any length. When the no work, no pay for two months have not affected their stand, is it protest by bribed and confused women that ll affect them. Ghana lecturers went on strike for one year did the govt overpower them? These women thinks its as easy as that. Una no sabi ASUU. Until you are made to pay five hundred thousand naira as tuition fee that's when you ll understand how bad it is to engage in foolish protest.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2013
Ah feel deir pain ...just imagine strugglin day n night just to get ur children educated so dey can help u out 2moro den some bunch of pple chose to make dem sit home 4 more dan 3 months now it's not fair na
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by peleson: 9:31am On Oct 15, 2013
RedBenson: Market Women Association? No wonder! They are really uneducated (i refused to address them as 'illiterates') as thier spokewoman had admitted. You can imagine the nonsense she spewed. If they were out to protest against ASUU, why did they have to go to national assembly? Is ASUU office now in national assembly or ministry of education office? Besides, why did they emphasize on lecturers from state uni. joining the strike? Are all thier children in only state universities? Instead of them to press thier grievances on the failed govt, they went around bullying un-called noise. Nonsense!

Anyways sha, they've tried. What has the students done irrespective of being the ones affected? Have they protested like this braved women? Abegi, strike all the way till 2014. grin grin
You are a Big n Mighty fo.ol.
The women should deal with them. Majority of the lecturers went to school with scholarship and free food on their table but what have they left for the youth? Crap . Greedy fellows

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by iswallker(m): 9:31am On Oct 15, 2013
Education is not hotel business, whether its state owned or a federal university, you would expect to get the same quality of education.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2013
Secondary school students be like, "ASUU thank you oo, I'll soon meet my brother in year one" undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by justhelp(m): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2013
jonescyras:
Your brain dey for your bottom!
while you no get brain at all, these market women are Paid by first lady and minister of finance to protest or do you think they have the interest of the education at heart? Do they know why ASUU are fighting? Beside for the past three month now federal govt has not paid state allocations saying there is no money, where did GEJ and minister of finance keep Nigeria money? All the states commissioner for finance had visited Abuja for the past three month no money, if you don't know what to say keep shut, FG sign the Agreement some years back to develop our institutions, see finding shows that 700 ex militant from niger death earned more than 50 universities yearly in terms of allocation
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Jeffy1206(m): 9:42am On Oct 15, 2013
As if dem ma no dey sell very high for us when we are in skul...ask dem dey ll tell you "na students get mony pass" angry angry mtcheeeeeew... abegee!!! I still dey sleep
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by jamaicabakare(m): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2013
samsard: You didn't read the post did you. As to how it affects them, they have kids in high institutions.

i know the Mrs Felicia Sani......she doesn't have any child in any Higher Institution...., am not saying they don't hv any right to protest against ASUU but are they genuine? This women are just political-tools in the hands of Patience...!

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by hillsate: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2013
Please leave the women alone o.
There are Patience Jonathan's people. She had to do something to show solidarity with her husband against ASUU. What you hear from the Felicia Spokeswoman costs about 3,000.

If we had a functioning educational system that ASUU et al are fighting for they won't be or be calling themselves MARKET WOMEN rather WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by wrench: 9:47am On Oct 15, 2013
Market women indeed. U are tired of seeing ur wards at home, but remember when they are through they'll still come home to sit even longer. So get used to it now.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by brosun(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2013
McLuhan:
My brother, you shouldn't be surprised. Such stage-managed protests are the stock-in-trade of all pathologically corrupt and inept regimes. We saw similar protests in the days of Abacha, the dictator who attempted to transmute into Nigeria's life president. As we all know, Abacha attempted to proscribe ASUU, threatening to sack any striking lecturer and vowing to bring in Pakistanis and Indians to replace them. In the end, ASUU survived Abacha and not even one expatriate lecturer accepted the pittance that Abacha offered as salaries. Instead, Abacha reportedly died on the laps of an Indian - only that it was an Indian prostitute, not one of the Indian professors of medicine that he intended to hire. So, let those who think they can destroy ASUU continue in their self- delusion and let their rented crowds continue to applaud them. We have seen their type before. Where is Abacha today? And where are the people who thronged Abuja in rented buses to adulate him and castigate ASUU and other members of civil society? Leave the hired protesters and their sponsors. Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad!
grin right on point, bro!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by 3ace(m): 9:57am On Oct 15, 2013
Bunch of ignorant and insensitive women.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by jeffoe(m): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2013
Any parent with right frame of mindset would not join those protesters. am certain just like Nans they are been funded by fg because the reason they are protesting holds no water. Am sorry most are illiterate and cannot read the needs assessment report or the reason why responsible people keep to promise/agreement made
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by chemashie(m): 9:59am On Oct 15, 2013
FG should know that Dr. Isa Fagge is different from Prof. Awuzie who used ASUU platform for his selfish interest. Awuzie will be the last professor to head ASUU again in this country.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by timpaker(m): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2013

Paid agents! Smh
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by bidahjay: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2013
sambroose: Only for naija you go see Market women dey chase Lecturers ..smh

Naija a funny country indeed![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Ademat7(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Symphony007: Paid market women...they could'nt even be more mild in their lies so as not to be uncovered. Llok how one sided all their response were and they expect people to take them seriously. When the government runs out of money to sponsor protest groups they will get back to the negociating table with ASUU. Disgracefull. I guess wike has started teaching jonathan from his playbook.
[quote author=hillsate]Please leave the women alone o.
There are Patience Jonathan's people. She had to do something to show solidarity with her husband against ASUU. What you hear from the Felicia Spokeswoman costs about 3,000.

If we had a functioning educational system that ASUU et al are fighting for they won't be or be calling themselves MARKET WOMEN rather WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS.
1000likes jare
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by wengerjay(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2013
Propangada at its highest level.Definitely,these women were 'arranged' to stage the protest.I am nt happy with the strike anyway bt govt shd find means of ending this strike and nt to play politics with this very sensitive issue.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by nnenna311: 10:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Johnsinia:
just d way ACN paid 4 fuel subsidy strike. We r nt fools; APC is d brain behind al d strike in d country recently. God pass dem.
. Was Acn/Apc there when the Assu/FG agreement was reached? Did the FG implement the agreement, and Assu is insisting on strike?
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by ceeceeco: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2013
gcfr.com:
Come tu think of it, they ve a point.. Lecturers still sell handouts, force studnts to sleep with them, collect bribes, etc. If I was Gej, I wuda sacked all of em' and replace them with the countless jobless Nigerians with Phd's wastin away.
Is it d@ same pple u're talkin abt d@ wuldn't do such tins? D@ is not d prblm we are facing in dis country. Our prblm in dis country is "GREED"..Evrybdy's 4kin greedy!
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by nnenna311: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2013
peleson:
You are a Big n Mighty fo.ol.
The women should deal with them. Majority of the lecturers went to school with scholarship and free food on their table but what have they left for the youth? Crap . Greedy fellows
. Is it the duty of the lectures to provide. Scholarships/food? or the same people you and the women are siding here? May be Assu asked FG to stop giving scholarships and food to students!(honestly you made me laugh now).,
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Cruxxy(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2013
LANRYUS: Are these not the same stupid women that were paid to do women for national peace and empowerment at eagle square in Abuja when tha ASUU strike just began. What a poorly acted script, Patient carry go una cup go soon get filled up.

This is a govt sponsored protest. The leader of the group is a street woman who makes herself readily available to be used for such purpose by govt. Investigations revealed that she was allocated a massive plot of land by FCT administration last december
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by olisehcom(f): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2013
*sighs*
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Danjunior(m): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2013
Most nairaland commenting on these issue are just dombfounded, addamant.
To be precise, some of these women can buy your whole family worth and asset. Dont underate dem as mere market women. I knw what i'm saying.
Atlist they have don somtin, what about we who ar student, what have we done?
And to answer some1 question, they went to NAssembly cox, ASUU cant be easily traced. I beleive their objective was to make the NASS se reason if they could force ASUU to call of the strike.
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by livingstoneony(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2013
We all know what they do with our year-one daughters in the university. We equally know that they sell handouts and handbooks.#hmmm, how r we sure d market women too are not been used.?

Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by Innonaira: 10:54am On Oct 15, 2013
Gud move by our market women, dy av children in sku n also student patronise dem. Nxt is our young farmers association...
Re: Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly by paker002: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2013
i beg any one got an idea of where dem dey register if i want make FG hire me for protest?? or any one with the lady's number? e be like future dey that industry ohhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Had Just Completed His Business Degree In The UK (photos) / Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session / 6 Tips To Make Studying Abroad More Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.