Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,993 members, 7,859,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only (7972 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / .:: Christ Embassy Chatbox ::. For BLW Members ONLY / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
@atmc, pls understand that our work here is to form a plan on how this years award is going to look like, not to decide who should win what. Let's not overstep our bounds pls.

Your argument is shallow but I don't want to waste time arguing it. Let's do our job and leave who wins what for the voters...

5 Likes

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
I vote three awards. Five awards will make rubbish of this section, as well as make us seem unserious. We will be the laughing stock of Nairaland.

Best Overall Poster of the Year

Best Religious Poster of the year

Best Non-Religious Poster of the Year.

If we want a 'funniest poster', we will go to the jokes section.

If a non-religious poster is voted the overall best poster, then it is the people's choice, not ours.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Now we need a decisive one vote from Pagan...If we would be a laughing stock what will happen in the numerous award that will given in the Literature section...just wondering
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pagan, where are you?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: @atmc, pls understand that our work here is to form a plan on how this years award is going to look like, not to decide who should win what. Let's not overstep our bounds pls.

Your argument is shallow but I don't want to waste time arguing it. Let's do our job and leave who wins what for the voters...
okies.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove: I vote three awards. Five awards will make rubbish of this section, as well as make us seem unserious. We will be the laughing stock of Nairaland.

Best Overall Poster of the Year

Best Religious Poster of the year

Best Non-Religious Poster of the Year.

If we want a 'funniest poster', we will go to the jokes section.

If a non-religious poster is voted the overall best poster, then it is the people's choice, not ours.
funniest poster has long been removed
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Seems we are at an impasse now. What do we do? Any suggestions...?

ATMC: okies.
No offence.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
striktlymi:
I took a look at the 'panel thread' and noticed that there seem to be a tie and one decisive vote is needed to tilt the scale...I guess that's the reason for the question.

Well it seems to me that you guys have two choices:

1) Go find pagan 9ja and get him to know how important it is to turn up at the meetings (not just turn up to vote). He needs to be there to debate a position when there is need for it.

Or

2) Propose a motion in the 'house' to have him replaced and if it is fine by every other member, you guys can pick one more person from the initial list of 12 nominees. I can help get whoever you choose.

The ball is squarely in your court.
what do you guys think about this suggestion?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
We should move to item 3 as it does not need conclusion of item 2 to proceed. We previously gave 24 hrs for voting and we should respect it on this one. So Pagan has till 5pm tomorrow to vote. However, next voting periods should be limited to 6 hrs, and counted. In case of a tie like today, the time will be extended to 12 hrs to allow the deciding vote to be counted. If after 12 hrs, the deciding vote has not been cast, we ask stricktlymi to cast the vote.

Ok guys?

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: We should move to item 3 as it does not need conclusion of item 2 to proceed. We previously gave 24 hrs for voting and we should respect it on this one. So Pagan has till 5pm tomorrow to vote. However, next voting periods should be limited to 6 hrs, and counted. In case of a tie like today, the time will be extended to 12 hrs to allow the deciding vote to be counted. If after 12 hrs, the deciding vote has not been cast, we ask stricktlymi to cast the vote.

Ok guys?
agreed
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
I agree with you,Alfa
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: We should move to item 3 as it does not need conclusion of item 2 to proceed. We previously gave 24 hrs for voting and we should respect it on this one. So Pagan has till 5pm tomorrow to vote. However, next voting periods should be limited to 6 hrs, and counted. In case of a tie like today, the time will be extended to 12 hrs to allow the deciding vote to be counted. If after 12 hrs, the deciding vote has not been cast, we ask stricktlymi to cast the vote.

Ok guys?
Okey dokey
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Good.
Now to nominations.

We need to decide how many candidates a member can nominate for each award. And how.

My suggestion is this: each person may nominate up to 2 candidates only for each category of award. To be valid, the candidates must be regular posters here. The candidates must be registered before 1st october 2013.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
I second the motion...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
Divepen: I second the motion...

Sorry it's not a motion yet. Just a suggestion up for discussion about item 3 on the agenda. But thanks. After discussions, I will put a motion or motions up for vote tomorrow.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2013
If no other propositions are coming on item 3, we are going then to vote on my proposition. Voting will start from 10am today (Nig time).

Please comment on the proposition or make suggestions now. Thanks.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2013
I vote for 5 Awards. makes it more interesting.

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:16am On Oct 17, 2013
I agree on the registration part.

As for the number of candidates, im undecided. il see other propositions first.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2013
Oga pagan...please we really need to always have u around
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2013
sorry my bro.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 8:26am On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Good.
Now to nominations.

We need to decide how many candidates a member can nominate for each award. And how.

My suggestion is this: each person may nominate up to 2 candidates only for each category of award. To be valid, the candidates must be regular posters here. The candidates must be registered before 1st october 2013
…and must have been active for at least three months.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 8:28am On Oct 17, 2013
Mr Troll: Seems we are at an impasse now. What do we do? Any suggestions...?

No offence.
just saw this...i wasnt offended.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2013
Hmm...I neve tot of dat
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 8:39am On Oct 17, 2013
@Alfa, I don't understand what you mean. Like a member can nominate 2 persons for each category? If yes, I don't think its wise.

This is because if its gonna be 1 man 1 vote for each category then there's no need to nominate 2 members when you're eventually going to vote for only 1. I suggest 1 man, 1 nomination for each category.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2013
Mr Troll: @Alfa, I don't understand what you mean. Like a member can nominate 2 persons for each category? If yes, I don't think its wise.

This is because if its gonna be 1 man 1 vote for each category then there's no need to nominate 2 members when you're eventually going to vote for only 1. I suggest 1 man, 1 nomination for each category.

Nomination is not voting. If people are going to vote who they nominate, we might as well do away with voting. Sometimes more than 1 person deserve an award. You nominate them and let people chose who merits it more. Moreover it is not a must to nominate two people. You can nominate only person if you like but others should be able to nominate more than one if they choose.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I vote for 5 Awards. makes it more interesting.

Ok adopted. 5 awards.

1 - Best poster for the year
2 - Best christian poster
3 - Best non-christian poster
4 - ?
5 - ?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2013
ATMC: …and must have been active for at least three months.

Three months from when?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2013
Unfinished business:

What should the last two awards be?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 9:16am On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Ok adopted. 5 awards.

1 - Best poster for the year
2 - Best christian poster
3 - Best Non-christian religious poster
4 - ? Best thread
5 - ? Best Irreligious poster

no 3 could be African pagan, buddhist, Jew, hindu.

I have noticed some buddhist and Jews on NL, jst nt sure how much they have put into the Religion section

No 5 could be atheism, agnosticism, deism
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Nomination is not voting. If people are going to vote who they nominate, we might as well do away with voting. Sometimes more than 1 person deserve an award. You nominate them and let people chose who merits it more. Moreover it is not a must to nominate two people. You can nominate only person if you like but others should be able to nominate more than one if they choose.
I understand that nomination is not voting. But you dorealise that the nominations are gonna be plenty and then we will have to cut it down to say, 5 final nominees so a persons nominee might not make the final cut and then he/she will have to vote for the finalists. That way, we make sure the nominees are not too much blah blah blah...

As for the last 2 awards, the people who voted for 5 awards should come up with something...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2013
Mr Troll: I understand that nomination is not voting. But you dorealise that the nominations are gonna be plenty and then we will have to cut it down to say, 5 final nominees so a persons nominee might not make the final cut and then he/she will have to vote for the finalists. That way, we make sure the nominees are not too much blah blah blah...

As for the last 2 awards, the people who voted for 5 awards should come up with something...

I am thinking, the 2 members with most nominations in each category will stand up for vote.

As for the bolded, we are a team here and as a team we adopted 5 awards. Even though some of us were against it, I think it is better if we work as a group once something has been adopted and not leave it for those that voted it as if we have factions here. Let's try and work together on this thing. Ok?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

When The Grace Of GOD Becomes A Roller-coaster To Hell. / Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? / At Last! – Tb Joshua Speaks On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.