Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,549 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (26986 Views)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year / Hillary Clinton Resigns As US Secretary Of State / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Castos(m): 11:13am On Oct 16, 2013
king arizona: that's why I love the Whites smileysmileysmiley

Nobody is above the law, even the Queen

Welcome on board sir Clinton

Nigerian traffic warden be like...... Hey!!! Chairman sir!! Tuale!!!! U get mouth die! Just drop something for ya boys tdey go cheesycheesycheesy
Alright take this and drink on me#20#

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by thoniann(m): 11:14am On Oct 16, 2013
It's a call for us to be diligent in all we do. Don't compromise norms, laws and ethics. If we all can apply discipline, then we can make Naija civil once more. Let's stand up for truth. Let's stand up for equity. Let's be FEARLESS!

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by wellmax(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2013
Beht if LASTMA fines you for wrong parking, we start crying fowl.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by wellmax(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2013
Beht if LASTMA fines you for wrong parking, you start crying fowl.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 16, 2013
jhames010: Some people just take their jobs too serious... Cool move but, twas stupid.

With comments like this I begin to wonder if there is hope for Africa. Not just Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2013
1stCitizen:

With comments like this I begin to wonder if there is hope for Africa. Not just Nigeria.

Abeg follow me drink this chilled beer.You took it right out of my mouth!

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by omar22(m): 11:30am On Oct 16, 2013
When they are closing the road because PEJ is visiting the hair-dresser

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2013
This incidence is very unusual, even in the United Kingdom and thats why its making news.. So, I don't understand the rationale behind the assertion, "This can't happen in Nigeria"...
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by omar22(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2013
A Thameslink rail inspector, who once fined Cherie Blair £10 for travelling without a ticket, has won his complaint of unfair dismissal at a Watford tribunal. Arthur Harriott, 39, of Luton, was sacked for allegedly failing to take a drugs test.

That guy should watch his back

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 16, 2013
This is what Nigeria Police will do

5 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by DonVito1(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2013
undecided her papa...she think say na shoprite
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by pet7: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2013
Dat is what it shud be there shud be no sacred cow in nigeria
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by abohrandy: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2013
wardens here can so kiss arse!!! smh!!!!
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Youngpo413: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2013
Kemy11: He ll stil pay for it someday. All policians are thesame worldwide.

very true.
1,000 likes
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by vanstanzy(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2013
All Round Gist:

Fearless London traffic warden places ticket on Hillary Clinton's Mercedes - despite five security agents ordering him to leave.

The Westminster City Council warden put a £80 penalty notice on a silver Mercedes vehicle (centre) in Central London which had taken former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton (left) to an event at Chatham House. The row was caught on camera by photographer Greg Brennan, who said five of her guards were waiting inside a Mercedes van next to her car at the time because it was raining. The warden then arrived and put a ticket on the car, prompting her security detail to jump out of the van in protest (right), Mr Brennan said.

She had earlier arrived in a motorcade of five cars with around 10 security agents, Mr Brennan told MailOnline. Her car was parked in a bay on St James's Square in Mayfair, which costs £3.30 per hour.

The warden then arrived and put a ticket on the car which had transported 65-year-old Mrs Clinton to the event, prompting her security detail to jump out of the van in protest, Mr Brennan said.

The photographer claimed he saw one of the agents angrily waving his arms and flashing his badge to the warden, who remained unflustered and continued to issue the ticket to Mrs Clinton’s vehicle.
Cllr Daniel Astaire, Westminster City Council cabinet member for business, told MailOnline: 'Despite our traffic marshal being questioned by the secret service for just doing his job, he was in the right.

'The former US Secretary of State was parked for nearly 45 minutes without paying. I’m sure she will understand that we have to be fair to everyone, regardless of their status on the world stage.

Well done man! she isn't above the law of the land! Plz give him a medal, give him a raise, give him a promotion.....he deserves it.
If na my naija police/warden, dem go even beg her to park on their heads. lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460919/Fearless-traffic-warden-puts-ticket-Hillary-Clintons-car-London.html

http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/10/fearless-traffic-warden-gave-hillary.html#more
This kinda thing can not hapen in Nigeria cos our people just aint serious.
In Naija, they would rather lick ur boots than do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by pet7: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2013
That is what is supposed to be in nigeria there should be no sacred cows
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by simplyOJ(m): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
i beg free Nigeria. This could just be an isolated case and i must commend the fearlessness of the traffic warden. He must have been carrying out his assignment knowing fully well that the system will protect him. We need to as nation develop and strengthen our institutions and free it to a large extent from influences from the powers that be.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by vanstanzy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
RINE.:
Am looking forward to a time where every man will be equal in the eyes of the law!.
Arise o compatriots!!... Cos i knows that through vision 2099 Nigeria will be greater than America!!!.

Oh mehn! Did i miss vision20:20
20? u mean we are in vision 2099 already?
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Rajosh(m): 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
she's not paying a dime, she's got a diplomatic passport.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by vanstanzy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
simplyOJ: i beg free Nigeria. This could just be an isolated case and i must commend the fearlessness of the traffic warden. He must have been carrying out his assignment knowing fully well that the system will protect him. We need to as nation develop and strengthen our institutions and free it to a large extent from influences from the powers that be.

Yes, u r rite. But a system can only be worked on from the top. Its not d kinda thing everyone can lay there hands on. Our leaders need to be told d truth. U need a level of authority to effect changes.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by porka: 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nonso23: Wonderful! It shows perfect distribution of power!
Can this happen in Nigeria?

Assuming it happens.

The same Nigerians will question the motive and timing.

"We are not saying our laws should not be enforced but..."

"Why is it happening when Hilary is visiting Chatam House APC secretariat"?

"How come it is now when 2015 elections are near"?

"I smell deceit"

"I see distractions"

"Hilary carries a diplomatic passport, government is giving us a bad name" Even if she's just a mere overrated American politician.

"etc..."

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by porka: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rajosh: she's not paying a dime, she's got a diplomatic passport.

Did you sight her passport bros?

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by UjSizzle(f): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hmm impressive smiley

btw the car to the right looks real sexxy cheesy
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Ezebuola(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rajosh: she's not paying a dime, she's got a diplomatic passport.
this is not even about the money, how much is 80p?
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
Try am 4 naija,,Na dat day your work go end..grin

Ogas/Madams @ d top are above the Law in Naija..
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by naptu2: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
That reminds me of the crazy standoff between Muammar Ghaddafi and Femi Fani Kayde at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport (Ghaddafi actually left his delegation behind in protest and started walking towards the city on foot and without any guards).
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by naptu2: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
vanstanzy:
This kinda thing can not hapen in Nigeria cos our people just aint serious.
In Naija, they would rather lick ur boots than do the right thing.

Things like this have happened in Nigeria many times, but it's given political colouration every time it happens (I'm being victimised, it's my political enemies, etc).
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Try this in some african states n ur assss got a date with da saharan beat...
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by ManTiger(m): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
One of the wives of the former Senator Lakan Balogun (O-Level) representing Ogun west or so once lashed a traffic warden for allowing a vehicle blocked her car at a function in Ijebu Ode stadium. The warden wanted to show off but a colleague of his whispered something to his hearing and the man cool temper immediately. cheesycheesycheesy.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by naptu2: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
I have often been annoyed at the way foreign security agents (especially US and Libyan agents) take over our airports anytime certain dignitaries visit Nigeria. Then, something happened in 2006.

There was a summit of African and South American leaders in Abuja in 2006. Muammar Ghaddafi arrived with over 200 bodyguards (including the famous "amazons" ). Femi Fani-Kayode, who was minister of aviation at the time, was at the airport. He ordered that airport security officials should not allow the Libyan security guards into the airport terminal with their weapons. A stand off ensued.

Luckily, President Obasanjo arrived the airport to receive another dignitary. He tried to mediate. He suggested that the Libyan guards should be allowed in if they registered their weapons. Fani-Kayode and the Nigerian security guards didn't like the idea and wanted to allow only 6 armed Libyan guards into Nigeria (they claimed that it was the usual convention to allow only 6 armed foreign guards). The Libyans threatened to return home. The Nigerian guards said that the libyans could return home if they wanted. Colonel Ghaddafi got angry and started walking towards Abuja on foot (without any guards). Then Obasanjo struck a compromise. 8 armed Libyan guards would be allowed into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Sagamite(m): 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Two words:

GREAT BRITAIN!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter Employee Deactivated Trump's Account For 11minutes, See Reactions. / June Wisse: Nigerian Model At 7 Mimicking President Biden's Inaugural Speech / Silvio Berlusconi Is Dead! (italy's Longest-serving Leader Dies At 86)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.