Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (26988 Views)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year / Hillary Clinton Resigns As US Secretary Of State / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Oguieke(m): 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nonso23: Wonderful! It shows perfect distribution of power!
Can this happen in Nigeria?
CAPITAL "nay"
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by meforyou1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
But why is she moving with secret service personnel when she's not in govt?
Hillary clinton is one politician I love so much. Pray she becomes the next US president.
Hillary clinton has gone to london to see the queen.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by chaplin4u: 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
All Round Gist:

Fearless London traffic warden places ticket on Hillary Clinton's Mercedes - despite five security agents ordering him to leave.

The Westminster City Council warden put a £80 penalty notice on a silver Mercedes vehicle (centre) in Central London which had taken former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton (left) to an event at Chatham House. The row was caught on camera by photographer Greg Brennan, who said five of her guards were waiting inside a Mercedes van next to her car at the time because it was raining. The warden then arrived and put a ticket on the car, prompting her security detail to jump out of the van in protest (right), Mr Brennan said.

She had earlier arrived in a motorcade of five cars with around 10 security agents, Mr Brennan told MailOnline. Her car was parked in a bay on St James's Square in Mayfair, which costs £3.30 per hour.

The warden then arrived and put a ticket on the car which had transported 65-year-old Mrs Clinton to the event, prompting her security detail to jump out of the van in protest, Mr Brennan said.

The photographer claimed he saw one of the agents angrily waving his arms and flashing his badge to the warden, who remained unflustered and continued to issue the ticket to Mrs Clinton’s vehicle.
Cllr Daniel Astaire, Westminster City Council cabinet member for business, told MailOnline: 'Despite our traffic marshal being questioned by the secret service for just doing his job, he was in the right.

'The former US Secretary of State was parked for nearly 45 minutes without paying. I’m sure she will understand that we have to be fair to everyone, regardless of their status on the world stage.

Well done man! she isn't above the law of the land! Plz give him a medal, give him a raise, give him a promotion.....he deserves it.
If na my naija police/warden, dem go even beg her to park on their heads. lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460919/Fearless-traffic-warden-puts-ticket-Hillary-Clintons-car-London.html

http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/10/fearless-traffic-warden-gave-hillary.html#more

I trust Naija security forces. Both the issuer of traffic ticket and photographer would be beaten black and blue.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Dovy: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
For naija, u wil answer death pls check this link www./signup/dovy
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by victorv12(m): 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
This can never happen in Nigeria in a thousand years to come...The ticket warden will be beaten to death by Mopol or the kill and go boyz attached to any of dem dem first ladies we have in our country. I think something similar to this happened during President Murtala Mohammed regime, and since then, I never heard about any tale about our honest police or traffic warden anymore.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by iamboody(m): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
wellmax: Beht if LASTMA fines you for wrong parking, you start crying fowl.
What's Beht? I assumed you want to write 'but' You are even puttin urself in a more difficult position when what you think you are usin to represent 'but' even contained more alphabets than it. We all use shorthand but it has rules. Don't be complex while you try to impress be simple. That's why people fail English language. Ako mi ti pòjù.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by bimbor(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
RINE.:
Am looking forward to a time where every man will be equal in the eyes of the law!.
Arise o compatriots!!... Cos i knows that through vision 2099 Nigeria will be greater than America!!!.

Lol...And America would remain stagnant abi?
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
INTERESTING
LETS WAIT 4 MS. WU TANTU ( ABI NA WU TANG CLAN SEF) TO COME TELL US HOW SHE WAS FINED BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN AND OTHER FEMINIST BULLSHIT BLAH BLAH BLAH
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by oskion(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
:PProbably a republican fan
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Ishilove: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
naptu2: I have often been annoyed at the way foreign security agents (especially US and Libyan agents) take over our airports anytime certain dignitaries visit Nigeria. Then, something happened in 2006.

There was a summit of African and South American leaders in Abuja in 2006. Muammar Ghaddafi arrived with over 200 bodyguards (including the famous "amazons" ). Femi Fani-Kayode, who was minister of aviation at the time, was at the airport. He ordered that airport security officials should not allow the Libyan security guards into the airport terminal with their weapons. A stand off ensued.

Luckily, President Obasanjo arrived the airport to receive another dignitary. He tried to mediate. He suggested that the Libyan guards should be allowed in if they registered their weapons. Fani-Kayode and the Nigerian security guards didn't like the idea and wanted to allow only 6 armed Libyan guards into Nigeria (they claimed that it was the usual convention to allow only 6 armed foreign guards). The Libyans threatened to return home. The Nigerian guards said that the libyans could return home if they wanted. Colonel Ghaddafi got angry and started walking towards Abuja on foot (without any guards). Then Obasanjo struck a compromise. 8 armed Libyan guards would be allowed into Nigeria.
So what are you feeling like now? angry

Okay check this out. I know you won't have an answer to this:

Who was the first woman to wear size 47 shoes in Nigeria? angry

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by debosky(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:

Ishilove aka Madame Big Foot. grin grin grin grin
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Joshthefirst(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:

bad belle grin
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by redsun(m): 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
What is fearless about him doing his job? American govt owe millions of pounds of traffic and congestion fines in london that has acculated over a period of time. They don't find british narrow cities and strigent parking regulations funny . Very much unlike america where parking rules are more relaxed due to abundant spaces.

Although same might be said of newyork where clinton represents. A place that is just as congested as london,so she should have known the rules by now. A society without a universal laws that everyone abides by is a rogue one like nigeria.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by stantob(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
By now the family for the traffic warder would be arranging for his burial if it happened in Nigeria.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by naptu2: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:

grin grin grin
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by naptu2: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
I remember when Bode George's car was impounded by Lastma in the early or mid 2000s (his driver was driving against the flow of traffic). He held a press conference in which he claimed that it was the result of a plot against him by AD and the Lagos State Government.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Les: 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
This reminds me of when American ambassador came to my area, you need to see how this guys were speeding and crossing X- cross roads. Well, they were coming from a y-shaped road and unfortunately for me, I was riding on the straight road and they were coming in from the branch of the same road and they were supposed to wait for us on the straight path to move first, for. Were The worse fact was that I didn't even see them, what those bastards did was to use speed with their big 2012 Prado suv to hit my mamas Audi 80 car. Luckily for me, I. Applied brakes. In other words, if I could not apply breaks on time, my own country men would have crashed my car off the road because of some white bitch. Dear God,please save blacks from inferiority complexes. Amen!
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Ishilove: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
naptu2: I remember when Bode George's car was impounded by Lastma in the early or mid 2000s (his driver was driving against the flow of traffic). He held a press conference in which he claimed that it was the result of a plot against him by AD and the Lagos State Government.
Lwkmd!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by ritux: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
This can happen in Nigeria. It all depends on the personality of the individual involved.

I tell you a story.............There was this Shell regional manager traveling from PH to Warri. On his way, he decided to stop by a Shell Flow Station. When he got there, he wanted to get into the flow station but the security man refused because he was not putting on helmet. The manager introduced himself and said he wanted to check something briefly and leave but the security guard on duty refused. The manager left in disbelief without getting in.

Two weeks later, the security guard got a promotion and was made a full time shell staff as against the contract staff that he was.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Ishilove: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
debosky:

Ishilove aka Madame Big Foot. grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Ishilove: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
ritux: This can happen in Nigeria. It all depends on the personality of the individual involved.

I tell you a story.............There was this Shell regional manager traveling from PH to Warri. On his way, he decided to stop by a Shell Flow Station. When he got there, he wanted to get into the flow station but the security man refused because he was not putting on helmet. The manager introduced himself and said he wanted to check something briefly and leave but the security guard on duty refused. The manager left in disbelief without getting in.

Two weeks later, the security guard got a promotion and was made a full time shell staff as against the contract staff that he was.
Wow... shocked

Are you the security guard?
*jes askin'*
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by ritux: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:
Wow... shocked

Are you the security guard?
*jes askin'*

No, I'm not
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by stchinedu: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
chaplin4u:

I trust Naija security forces. Both the issuer of traffic ticket and photographer would be beaten black and blue.
Especially the photographer grin
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by iamdsam: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
This can never happen in Nigeria and any other African country. In Nigeria, the soldiers surrounding him would have beat the traffic waden mercilessly. This is what I call true distribution of power.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by iamdsam: 3:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
This can never happen in Nigeria and any other African country. In Nigeria, the soldiers surrounding him would have beat the traffic waden mercilessly. This is what I call true distribution of power. Thumbs up to the traffic waden!
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Rejoice5000(f): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nigeria Nigeria if u are not comfortable in Nigeria pls kindly transfer urself to Ghana.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by wonlasewonimi: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bloody jobsworth! Debosky, shebi you were a traffic warden before? If someone is around to claim ownership of the car, you never used to issue ticket. Please confirm here...
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by paris10: 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
He is ignorant and arrogance kills. You only give ticket in the absence of the owner. Even when the owner is in or about the car, as a traffic warder, your job is to advise them to move the car.

There's no equality before the law anywhere in the world. And to people who are quick to mention Nigeria, your memory is short and knowledge of power is limited. 99% of traffic wardens would have respected the situation and moved on.

It is good not to discriminate between whom you give tickets to , its however wise to shine your face. Sometimes you just have to use your discretion or initiative to handle sensitive matter.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by 50calibre(m): 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
So despite being retired, Hilary Clinton still travels in a 5 vehicle motorcade, & walks around with 10 SS agents? Wow!! America really has enemies.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
50calibre: So despite being retired, Hilary Clinton still travels in a 5 vehicle motorcade, & walks around with 10 SS agents? Wow!! America really has enemies.
The secret service agents are probably from being the former first lady, cause I know that ex US presidents and their family get secret service protection for life.
If this had happened in Nigeria, her security details would have used koboko to exorcise the demons from that silly traffic agent grin
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by naptu2: 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
50calibre: So despite being retired, Hilary Clinton still travels in a 5 vehicle motorcade, & walks around with 10 SS agents? Wow!! America really has enemies.

Former US presidents and first ladies are guarded by the Secret Service for the rest of their lives. Children of former presidents are guarded by the Secret Service until they turn 16.

Congress passed a law in 1994 that limited the length of time that a former president would be guarded by the Secret Service to 10 years beginning from the day they leave office. The law did not apply to President Clinton.

However, President Obama signed a new law that restored lifetime Secret Service protection to former presidents and their spouses.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by dungdusugyang(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
4 say nah naija persen way try dat 4 London, weada im b woden or nt, da knew 4 b sometin else ( dem 4 twist tam, make am sound negative ). Da bobo try sha... I don dey approach Fp tins...chaii.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter Employee Deactivated Trump's Account For 11minutes, See Reactions. / June Wisse: Nigerian Model At 7 Mimicking President Biden's Inaugural Speech / Silvio Berlusconi Is Dead! (italy's Longest-serving Leader Dies At 86)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.