Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? (8512 Views)

The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament / False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Matthew 26:28
28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which [ratifies the agreement and] is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

cheesy Every convenant has terms (testaments), convenants don't hang in the air,they have basis which come before the convenant is effected.
Lol. People will believ what they want no matter what.
The word of Jesus stand sure despite. No wonder Jesus said He was not received and His words not believed.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Candour(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Atimes you have to wonder how Christendom missed the truth for so long.

Heb 9:16-17
'For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.17.For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.'

The above simply means you can't execute a will until the owner of the estate dies. The beneficiaries CANNOT benefit from the goodies contained in the will until their benefactor leaves the scene. They will be seeing their inheritance but they can't access it until the old man passes on.

Until Jesus died on the cross and rose up, the new testament or covenant of grace never took off in full swing. We might have seen glimpses of it like Syro-Phoenician woman and the Roman centurion who were gentiles but received attention from Jesus. However everything Christ did was under the law.

He observed sabbath, he kept the feasts, His mother offered 2 pigeons for ritual cleansing after birth etc

The day of Pentecost(which was actually the Jewish feast of weeks) marked The start of the new dispensation but it still took the arrival of Paul on the scene to show how all encompassing the new testament of grace was.

interesting thread indeed and I pray it blesses us all

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by damipaul(m): 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Alwaystrue:
You are welcome.
The answers are in both scriptures....To PROVE TO EVERYONE YOU ARE CURED. Anyone who was unclean was usually avoided and the laws of Moses said to come back to the gathering of people to be accepted, he had to do some purification. If he did not do it, he would not be allowed to meet with the people. He was saying obey the authority of that time which everyone knew.
All Jesus was telling him there was to fulfil all righteousness (Matthew 3:15). Even people with a terrible disease that get healed by miracle or treatment, go to hospital to get a report to show they have a clean bill of health before some people will believe them and accept.

Please read Matthew 23:1-7 and see that Jesus did not make that statement in isolation. Another scripture says BE CAREFUL to do what they tell you. He continued....FOR THEY DO NOT PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH. He went on to say how they burden people without doing themsleves. Matthew 15:1-3; John 5:38-47.
They were simply hypocrites. Jesus did not come to abolish the law, He said so Himself but to fulfil it and He fulfilled in AS IT SHOULD BE DONE IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH not in hypocrisy, that is why He is called THE WORD OF GOD.

There is a scripture were Paul talked about Jesus words....calling it WHOLESOME...if people do not rightly divide the words of Jesus, they will stumble for the letter killeth but the spirit gives life. Jesus did not just speak in isolation, He always explained in better detail.

I Timothy 6:3-4
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to WHOLESOME WORDS, even the WORDS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings

You want to understand God and His laws? Study Jesus The New Testament, with the Holy Spirit to guide you.

You just succeeded in dancing around my question and that's not fair. I understand everything u said up there. You said we're to obey every word of Jesus, I am simply asking how the scriptures I highlighted relate to us under the new covenant. When I get healed now, am I suppose to go and kill pigeons or turtle doves and show as proof of my healing to my Pastor. Jesus in Matthew 23 said the pharisees are the 'authorized' interpreters of the law, that we should do all they command us to do, does that include you and I? Answer my questions straight ma'm. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
@damipaul,
Spend time to go through all the posts. Your answers are all there.

When a testator dies, his testament becomes enforceable and that is exactly what Matthew 26:28 was trying to show.

THERE HAS TO BE A TESTAMENT FIRST given by the testator (Jesus).
Jesus ratified the New Testament He gave in HIS BLOOD thus becoming a convenant.

If you cannot understand this simple statement with all scriptures shown and prior post, let the Holy Spirit help you o.

It shows you did not read any of the scriptures I pasted beside what I said on Matthew 23.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by damipaul(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Alwaystrue: @damipaul,
Spend time to go through all the posts. Your answers are all there.

When a testator dies, his testament becomes enforceable and that is exactly what Matthew 26:28 was trying to show.

THERE HAS TO BE A TESTAMENT FIRST given by the testator (Jesus).
Jesus ratified the New Testament He gave in HIS BLOOD thus becoming a convenant.

If you cannot understand this simple statement with all scriptures shown and prior post, let the Holy Spirit help you o.

It shows you did not read any of the scriptures I pasted beside what I said on Matthew 23.

I read all the scriptures. I don't understand why you're avoiding mine. And no, I didn't find answers to my question in the scriptures u highlighted. There's a serious yearning, I'm tired of all the rhymes and rheterics, pls help me answer those direct questions in my post before this. Thank u.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by damipaul(m): 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
Candour: Atimes you have to wonder how Christendom missed the truth for so long.

Heb 9:16-17
'For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.17.For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.'

The above simply means you can't execute a will until the owner of the estate dies. The beneficiaries CANNOT benefit from the goodies contained in the will until their benefactor leaves the scene. They will be seeing their inheritance but they can't access it until the old man passes on.

Until Jesus died on the cross and rose up, the new testament or covenant of grace never took off in full swing. We might have seen glimpses of it like Syro-Phoenician woman and the Roman centurion who were gentiles but received attention from Jesus. However everything Christ did was under the law.

He observed sabbath, he kept the feasts, His mother offered 2 pigeons for ritual cleansing after birth etc

The day of Pentecost(which was actually the Jewish feast of weeks) marked The start of the new dispensation but it still took the arrival of Paul on the scene to show how all encompassing the new testament of grace was.

interesting thread indeed and I pray it blesses us all

God bless

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
dami_paul:

I read all the scriptures. I don't understand why you're avoiding mine. And no, I didn't find answers to my question in the scriptures u highlighted. There's a serious yearning, I'm tired of all the rhymes and rheterics, pls help me answer those direct questions in my post before this. Thank u.
wink
The serious yearning can only be filled by the Holy Spirit and studying not me obviously.
You are simply tired of hearing the words of Jesus which He fully explained in the verses I showed you and the answers given which you are still searching for though they are right in front of you.
Like I said Jesus is the Word of God made flesh that dwelth amongst us FULL of TRUTH and GRACE, (John 1:14), since you do not believe Jesus words, you won't believe the answers I gave you.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Goshen360(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Okay, lemme do a little exegesis here now.

First, I asked a question, what does it mean to rightly divide the word of truth? I can't get an answer. It's okay, no need for an answer anymore. We will get into the word. To rightly divide the word is rightly putting every scripture where they belong so that scripture A will not contradict scripture B and C will not contradict what A is saying and dividing gives an accurate answer and\or interpretation. Interpreting scripture is the works of the Spirit in us and since the Spirit authored the word, He cannot contradict Himself.

And for this cause he (Christ) is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. Hebrews 9:15-18

First, the word testament is the Greek word, diathēkē and it means a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will, a compact, a covenant, a testament, God's covenant with Noah, etc.

So we understand a testament also means a will or covenant. The Hebrew text says, Christ is the mediator of the new testament - by means of death. A simple observation to an inquisitive mind will be that, it is an old testament still going on for someone to be a mediator of new by means of his death.

Hebrews went further to say, For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. He just told us Christ is the mediator of the new testament or covenant or will of God. So, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, Christ was still alive and by the Hebrew text, those books cannot be a new testament book because the mediator or testator must first die and then his will, disposition which he wishes to be valid after his death will then take effect.

This is the major reason for a new revelation of AFTER THE DEATH OF CHRIST (that is, what the death has made available to us as a mean of exploring his will) which are mainly revealed in the Epistles to the Apostles - Ephesians 3:4-5.

Now, what is it that is happening in Matthew to John?

It is simply the mediator or testator writing his will or last disposition WHICH WILL TAKE EFFECT AFTER HIS DEATH. He is teaching a NEW WAY different from that of the OLD which was still in effect. There has to be a will or disposition written while the testator is alive and this disposition or covenant or testament is what takes effect after his death. Hence, the necessity for Christ's teachings and selecting his disciples or Apostles that will carry on this will, covenant and his last disposition after his death.

If Christ's walking on earth in Matthew to John is new testament, then the Hebrew text contradict Galatians 4:4 which says, Christ was made under the Law. This "made" under the Law is a KJV confusing English, it means "born" under the Law as many other translations agree. It therefore agrees that the Mosaic Law was still in effect when Christ was born. If it was the New Covenant in effect, then what covenant did Christ came to start anew?

to be continue . . .

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Goshen360(m): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
Another scripture that confuses church people is, Luke 22:20,

New American Standard Bible
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

King James Bible
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

That's why I talked about "rightly dividing" the word. At the time Jesus made this statement, he had not shed his blood yet. Hebrews tells us, there must be death of a testator. Christ said this new covenant IS IN HIS BLOOD. It is still ineffective but residing IN HIS blood until that blood is shed. The perfect interpretation is clear, that is, put Hebrews together with what Christ said - The shedding of the blood is the new testament\covenant taking effect but that covenant IS IN THE BLOOD so that WHEN THAT BLOOD IS SHED BY MEANS OF DEATH, THE COVENANT TAKES EFFECT, and that's what is called NEW TESTAMENT\COVENANT and this new covenant, his will and disposition is NOW MADE AVAILABLE OR REVEALED BY THE APOSTLES because the Apostles were the ones Christ chose to bear witness to his new testament.

Therefore and in conclusion, when you study the Epistles - they contain the REVEALED WILL OR DISPOSITIONS of what Christ had made available for us by his death and will. They contained the revelation of the finished works of Christ. They carried on the teachings of Christ. They explained the will or teachings of Christ. They revealed the DONE ACTS not the ACTS OF DOINGS. By means of Christ's death, they unveiled what was made available as our inheritance just like after the death of any man, the wealth and inheritance are revealed to the beneficiaries.

That's why you cannot understand the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John UNLESS YOU PUT ON THE LENS OR REVELATION OF THE EPISTLES BY THE APOSTLES because what the Epistles by the Apostles are doing is deeper explaining the teachings of Christ, that is, unveiling his wills which he wrote while on earth and tell you the worth of blessings or inheritance you have in Christ. Any time you study Matthew to John again, put on or wear the revealed lens from or by the Epistles, you will enter a new revelation of what Christ was teaching.

God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by damipaul(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
Goshen360: Okay, lemme do a little exegesis here now.

First, I asked a question, what does it mean to rightly divide the word of truth? I can't get an answer. It's okay, no need for an answer anymore. We will get into the word. To rightly divide the word is rightly putting every scripture where they belong so that scripture A will not contradict scripture B and C will not contradict what A is saying and dividing gives an accurate answer and\or interpretation. Interpreting scripture is the works of the Spirit in us and since the Spirit authored the word, He cannot contradict Himself.

And for this cause he (Christ) is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. Hebrews 9:15-18

First, the word testament is the Greek word, diathēkē and it means a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will, a compact, a covenant, a testament, God's covenant with Noah, etc.

So we understand a testament also means a will or covenant. The Hebrew text says, Christ is the mediator of the new testament - by means of death. A simple observation to an inquisitive mind will be that, it is an old testament still going on for someone to be a mediator of new by means of his death.

Hebrews went further to say, For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. He just told us Christ is the mediator of the new testament or covenant or will of God. So, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, Christ was still alive and by the Hebrew text, those books cannot be a new testament book because the mediator or testator must first die and then his will, disposition which he wishes to be valid after his death will then take effect.

This is the major reason for a new revelation of AFTER THE DEATH OF CHRIST (that is, what the death has made available to us as a mean of exploring his will) which are mainly revealed in the Epistles to the Apostles - Ephesians 3:4-5.

Now, what is it that is happening in Matthew to John?

It is simply the mediator or testator writing his will or last disposition WHICH WILL TAKE EFFECT AFTER HIS DEATH. He is teaching a NEW WAY different from that of the OLD which was still in effect. There has to be a will or disposition written while the testator is alive and this disposition or covenant or testament is what takes effect after his death. Hence, the necessity for Christ's teachings and selecting his disciples or Apostles that will carry on this will, covenant and his last disposition after his death.

If Christ's walking on earth in Matthew to John is new testament, then the Hebrew text contradict Galatians 4:4 which says, Christ was made under the Law. This "made" under the Law is a KJV confusing English, it means "born" under the Law as many other translations agree. It therefore agrees that the Mosaic Law was still in effect when Christ was born. If it was the New Covenant in effect, then what covenant did Christ came to start anew?

to be continue . . .

Wow! Thanks a lot.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by damipaul(m): 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Alwaystrue:
wink
The serious yearning can only be filled by the Holy Spirit and studying not me obviously.
You are simply tired of hearing the words of Jesus which He fully explained in the verses I showed you and the answers given which you are still searching for though they are right in front of you.
Like I said Jesus is the Word of God made flesh that dwelth amongst us FULL of TRUTH and GRACE, (John 1:14), since you do not believe Jesus words, you won't believe the answers I gave you.

I hope u don't teach the Bible in any capacity in ur local church. Goshen360 was right when he said u need to know what it means to 'rightly divide' the word of truth. Don't know what you would've done to Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts if u were in Philips shoes.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
dami_paul:

I hope u don't teach the Bible in any capacity in ur local church. Goshen360 was right when he said u need to know what it means to 'rightly divide' the word of truth. Don't know what you would've done to Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts if u were in Philips shoes.

cheesy Do not worry, from the outset your mind was made up. I think it is obvious you do not know what the Word of Truth is.
I am happy since you have dated your yearning. Let me just leve you with this.

Hebrews 9:16, 18-20
16  For where there is a [last] will and TESTAMENT INVOLVED, the death of the ONE WHO MADE IT must be established,
18  So even the [old] first covenant (God’s will) was NOT inaugurated and RATIFIED and put in force WITHOUT the shedding of blood.
19  For when every command of the Law had been read out by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of slain calves and goats
, together with water and scarlet wool and with a bunch of hyssop, and sprinkled both the Book (the roll of the Law and covenant) itself and all the people,
20  Saying these words: This is the blood that seals and ratifies the agreement (the testament, the covenant) which God commanded [me to deliver to] you

Alwaystrue: Matthew 26:28
28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which [ratifies the agreement and] is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

As I said earlier, if you studied what I showed you,you would have understood that before each convenant took effect by the shedding of blood, there was an existing law, command, Word, testament given to which the convenant sealed.

As simple as can be said Jesus life on earth where He is the Word of God in the Flesh full of Grace and truth is the New testament which His blood ratified making it a New Convenant to them that BELIEVE Him and All He Said. JESUS was the ONE WHO MADE the NEW TESTAMENT and sealed it in HIS BLOOD.

Philip began from the same scripture the Eunuch needed guidance and preached JESUS to the Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8:35), just as Jesus commanded us to preach the gospel to ALL nations before He was taken up to heaven. Philip was fulfilling exactly what JESUS SAID.

Thank you and I wish you the best in all your studies.

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
If we are to follow Goshen's logic then i am afraid he is wrong because Jesus appeared to the disciples in Luke 24, MATHEW 28, MARK 16 and John 20-21. These scripture shows Jesus resurrection before ascension to the Father.How does he explain these?

Moreso how does he reconcile scripture that says the lamb was slain before the world was even created?

Revelation 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast -- all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. (NIV)

1 Peter 1:18-20 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19[b] but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake[/b]. (NIV)
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
If we are to follow Goshen's logic then i am afraid he is wrong because Jesus appeared to the disciples in Luke 24, MATHEW 28, MARK 16 and John 20-21. These scripture shows Jesus resurrection before ascension to the Father.How does he explain these?

Moreso how does he reconcile scripture that says the lamb was slain before the world was even created?

Revelation 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast -- all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. (NIV)

1 Peter 1:18-20 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. (NIV)
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 17, 2013
Alwaystrue:

cheesy Do not worry, from the outset your mind was made up. I think it is obvious you do not know what the Word of Truth is.
I am happy since you have dated your yearning. Let me just leve you with this.

Hebrews 9:16, 18-20
16  For where there is a [last] will and TESTAMENT INVOLVED, the death of the ONE WHO MADE IT must be established,
18  So even the [old] first covenant (God’s will) was NOT inaugurated and RATIFIED and put in force WITHOUT the shedding of blood.
19  For when every command of the Law had been read out by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of slain calves and goats, together with water and scarlet wool and with a bunch of hyssop, and sprinkled both the Book (the roll of the Law and covenant) itself and all the people,
20  Saying these words: This is the blood that seals and ratifies the agreement (the testament, the covenant) which God commanded [me to deliver to] you

As I said earlier, if you studied what I showed you,you would have understood that before each convenant took effect by the shedding of blood, there was an existing law, command, Word, testament given to which the convenant sealed.

As simple as can be said Jesus life on earth where He is the Word of God in the Flesh full of Grace and truth is the New testament which His blood ratified making it a New Convenant to them that BELIEVE Him and All He Said. JESUS was the ONE WHO MADE the NEW TESTAMENT and sealed it in HIS BLOOD.

Philip preached JESUS to the Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8:35), same way Jesus commanded us to prech the gospel to ALL nations before He was taken up to heaven. Philip was fulfilling exactly what JESUS SAID.

Thank you and I wish you the best in all your studies.
You are perfectly right.The difference is that except Jesus goes to the Father the Holy Spirit(comforter) won't come and that was why Jesus says he won't leave them comfortless.The Holy Spirit was given to guide and empower the Apostles to preach the good-news.

Without the Holy Spirit even Apostle Paul won't have been able to understand and explain the mosaic laws that was veiled at that time. cheesy
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by noblefada: 3:19am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: If we are to follow Goshen's logic then i am afraid he is wrong because Jesus appeared to the disciples in Luke 24, MATHEW 28, MARK 16 and John 20-21. These scripture shows Jesus resurrection before ascension to the Father.How does he explain these?

1 Peter 1:18-20 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. (NIV)
This part is not hard, even though appeared to disciples, He told not to do anything until the HS came which was a confirmation that the testament is now in force. Of course the slain from the foundation of the world shows that the salvation was not an after thought but was carefully planned throughout eternity buy was only finally manifested after Christ's death.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Goshen360(m): 5:14am On Oct 17, 2013
^ Of course, Bidam & I have come a long way. I once told the brother to flush out his system from the institutionalized and religious church interpretation of the word and get himself busy by the Spirit. I don't think he's ready for that yet.

2. Our problem is never scripture, our problem have always and will always be interpretation of scriptures - putting scripture A together with scripture B and rightly divide both so they both balance in truth, one not contradicting the other(s).

3. If anyone is going to try and\or study what I said and search out the truth like the Bereans if I teach the truth or not, start with sermon on the mount in Matthew 5 and to understand that teaching, take off the religious and traditional mindset and wear the mindset of the 'revealed' from the epistles of Apostles or wear\put on the lens of the new testament. It will change your whole study life and you understand every teachings of Christ and even the messages of the whole OT from Genesis to John.

4. Bidam, Alwaystrue and most others are often going off topic when discussing issues. This is not to discredit them as brethren but it's obvious it is what it is. When they're asked intelligent questions, they turn around and say, we're interpreting scripture with logic. Logic is just a lay man language - Paul, the Apostle 'reasoned' with people which we might call logic in our days, engaging His Holy Spirit renewed mind and such is an attribute of the mature Christians.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 17, 2013
noblefada:
This part is not hard, even though appeared to disciples, He told not to do anything until the HS came which was a confirmation that the testament is now in force. Of course the slain from the foundation of the world shows that the salvation was not an after thought but was carefully planned throughout eternity buy was only finally manifested after Christ's death.
Nowhere in scripture where Christ said the bolded.Can you prove it from scripture?
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by damipaul(m): 6:32am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: Nowhere in scripture where Christ said the bolded.Can you prove it from scripture?

Matthew 24:49  And behold, I will send forth upon you what My Father has promised; but remain in the city [Jerusalem] until you are clothed with power from on high.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:10am On Oct 17, 2013
@Bidam,
I find it amazing how people dally over when the New Testament began and it is because they cannot understand with the kind of hearts we see on display.

Some say it is when Christ died, some say when the Holy Spirit is given, some say when Paul started his ministry...it really is so shocking.

This is what happens when you do not take the WORD of GOD as spoken....the law and prophets were our guides UNTIL John! The Holy Spirit has started working right from then but was given to all who believe JESUS as a promise.

They have just said they do not believe the WORD OF GOD (Jesus Christ) so I wonder what they really believe?

Jesus said since John the kingdom of God is preached for even John was filled with the Holy Spirit RIGHT FROM THE WOMB
Luke 1:15
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, EVEN FROM HIS MOTHER'S WOMB

John was Elijah and had to fulfil this special calling. Remember my post on the transfiguration?
Lol. He was born to people 'Under the law' because of his special assignment.

Gal 4:4 says Jesus was BORN under the law in the guise of sinful flesh (Romans 8:3) but what happened at the point where Jesus and John met to fulfil prophesy? THE SPIRIT of GOD descended on Jesus (John 1:32-33), infact John said

John 1:32,33b
32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him
33b Upon whom thou shalt see the SPIRIT DESCENDING, AND REMAINING ON HIM, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost

Now compare with John 1:14
And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) FULL OF GRACE and TRUTH
The Holy Spirit is the SPIRIT OF GRACE AND TRUTH!

And compare with:
Galatians 5:18
18 But IF YE BE LED OF THE SPIRIT, YE ARE NOT UNDER TEH LAW.

Lol, yet some who are not able to rightly divide the word of truth said all Jesus said and did was 'Under the Law'. Lol.
People love darkness sha.
Jesus was born of a woman as baby so His parents ofcourse acted in line with the law for his dedication, but did that mean he was 'Under the Law'? Even all Jesus spoke of the Law was as the Law should be done giving us the LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE!

Jesus was/is the FULLNESS of the Spirit of Grace and Truth at Baptism and He promised ANOTHER COMFORTER so those who believe Him will not be LEFT COMFORTLESS and to be continually guided just like He guided in the right WAY, TRUTH and LIFE while in the flesh.

The Holy Spirit was the promise of God in the OT and confirmed by Jesus at the beginning of the NT.

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jesus could not abide with them in the flesh as a COMFORTER forever as he had to ratify His WORDS (The New Testament) in His blood and forgive sins thus bringing forth A NEW CONVENANT which we all enjoy now.

When people cannot rightly divide The word of truth they discard it to embrace darkness calling JESUS WORDS of TRUTH 'under the law', as I said...Jesus Himself said those of the WORLD still did not BELIEVE HIM.
It takes grace.

2 Likes

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:12am On Oct 17, 2013
^^^
@ alwaystrue: Thank you and thank God for this blessed post. This shows that Jesus was not under the bondage of sin. Of course he wasn't! He lived above sin, giving us help and showing us example to do likewise as we have faith in the power of the law of the spirit of life.
We are not in the bondage of flesh and sin any longer. We live under grace by the power of God. We owe no obligation to the flesh, to do its will. We mortify the flesh as we walk in the spirit. We are no longer trying to achieve righteousness, we have become the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in CHRIST JESUS

Blessed be the name of the lord
Let's have our minds renewed.
Let's walk in God's word in victory.
Trusting in his power to keep us.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.(AMP)

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: ^^^
@ alwaystrue: Thank you and thank God for this blessed post. This shows that Jesus was not under the bondage of sin. Of course he wasn't! He lived above sin, giving us help and showing us example to do likewise as we have faith in the power of the law of the spirit of life.
We are not in the bondage of flesh and sin any longer. We live under grace by the power of God. We owe no obligation to the flesh, to do its will. We mortify the flesh as we walk in the spirit. We are no longer trying to achieve righteousness, we have become the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in CHRIST JESUS

Blessed be the name of the lord
Let's have our minds renewed.
Let's walk in God's word in victory.
Trusting in his power to keep us.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.(AMP)
Thank God @Josh. This is so easy to understand depending on the heart that receives God's Word. You are right.

He that is LED OF THE SPIRIT is not UNDER THE LAW.
Romans 8:1-4 confirms this same thing that there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH BUT THE SPIRIT.
The Israelites walked after the flesh and so they never did understand the SPIRIT of the LAW of GOD which Jesus had to again come as THE WORD physically to show us teh right WAY, before He now ratified it by His blood, Just as Moses first gave the commandments then ratified it in blood.
Please continue to study with the Holy Spirit's help, the bible is such an AMAZING book.

This is simply why Jesus said Unless a man is BORN OF WATER AND SPIRIT, He cannot ENTER the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:30a
God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made HIM to be WISDOM ITSELF...

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Of course, Bidam & I have come a long way. I once told the brother to flush out his system from the institutionalized and religious church interpretation of the word and get himself busy by the Spirit. I don't think he's ready for that yet.

2. Our problem is never scripture, our problem have always and will always be interpretation of scriptures - putting scripture A together with scripture B and rightly divide both so they both balance in truth, one not contradicting the other(s).

3. If anyone is going to try and\or study what I said and search out the truth like the Bereans if I teach the truth or not, start with sermon on the mount in Matthew 5 and to understand that teaching, take off the religious and traditional mindset and wear the mindset of the 'revealed' from the epistles of Apostles or wear\put on the lens of the new testament. It will change your whole study life and you understand every teachings of Christ and even the messages of the whole OT from Genesis to John.

4. Bidam, Alwaystrue and most others are often going off topic when discussing issues. This is not to discredit them as brethren but it's obvious it is what it is. When they're asked intelligent questions, they turn around and say, we're interpreting scripture with logic. Logic is just a lay man language - Paul, the Apostle 'reasoned' with people which we might call logic in our days, engaging His Holy Spirit renewed mind and such is an attribute of the mature Christians.
So far you have failed woefully in your explanation.Stick to the word and stop being sentimental on sensitive issues.You don't know me.I have never hidden my story in this forum that i came from a moslem background.I never had the privilege you guys had in growing in traditional orthodox settings like you people.

Yet i am spiritually smart enough to discern the subtle poisons you dish out to unsuspecting Christians in forums like this.

Let's stick to the OP and leave sentiments aside.

ERROR 1. When quoting scripture, READ IT IN CONTEXT. Don't pick and choose what suit you why discarding the rest.

Now i noticed most of you guys always quote only hebrew 9:16 and discard the rest of the glaring scriptural verses.

Hebrews 9:16-22

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 For where there is a [last] will and testament involved, the death of the one who made it must be established,
You quote this verses and jump to a different pauline epistles without explaining who the testator is,his words that will take effect after he died.Even Peter,John and Paul do not have the right to say that their words is a testament.Jesus(God the son) IS THE WORD OF GOD THAT BECAME FLESH,HE HAS TO DIE FOR HIS WORD(TESTAMENT/WILL) to take effect just like God's word spoken to Moses has to take effect by the sprinkling of bloods of bulls and goat which was a copy and shadow of what was in heaven.NOTE:the reality is heavenly not even earthly.
17 For a will and testament is valid and takes effect only at death, since it has no force or legal power as long as the one who made it is alive.
Jesus was that SACRIFICIAL LAMB and HIS LOGOS (WRITTEN WORD WHICH WAS HIDDEN FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION) Had to take a legal binding power after He died. The temple veil has be torn into two,everyone who has the Holy Spirit has equal access to the holy of holies.The Holy Spirit is that power that witness and opened the eyes of the Apostle to this new truths and reality, Paul said it was veiled remember? Even his disciples never understood his words while he was with them,it was after he died their eyes were opened.Why did peter start preaching from the prophetic Joel.How was Philip able to explain to the eunuch the book of Isaiah that Jesus is the messiah without peter and Paul coaching him? funny Saul or Paul wasn't even converted at the said time.This is not to belittle Paul and his ministry, but i can be bold to say i don't need him to explain the OT scripture.I NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT.( 1 john 2:27)

18 So even the [old] first covenant (God’s will) was not inaugurated and ratified and put in force without the shedding of blood.
This explained why Jesus had to die.The pattern of God never did change as you people always erroneously assumed. Moses was a just a copy and shadow of that which was coming.THE REALITY IS CHRIST AND THE TABERNACLE IS HEAVEN. God is a God of ORDER,there are LAWS IN HEAVEN, IF NOT LUCIFER THE ANOINTING CHERUB WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CAST OUT OF HEAVEN IF HE HAD NOT VIOLATED GOD'S LAWS AND ORDER.
19 For when every command of the Law had been read out by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of slain calves and goats, together with water and scarlet wool and with a bunch of hyssop, and sprinkled both the Book (the roll of the Law and covenant) itself and all the people,

20 Saying these words: This is the blood that seals and ratifies the agreement (the testament, the covenant) which God commanded [me to deliver to] you.(A)
It is Jesus blood that seals God's hidden word not Paul nor the 12 apostles.Remember it is Jesus(God's word became flesh) that has the power to open the 7 seals in revelation. grin

21 And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and all the [sacred] vessels and appliances used in [divine] worship.
Paul was telling us here that it is exactly the same way Jesus sprinkled His blood on the heavenly Tabernacle.JUST THE EXACT COPY OF MOSES EARTHLY TABERNACLE,no difference.Now the writer of Hebrews draws the attention of the Hebrew readers to what Moses demonstrated in the OT rituals (shadows fulfilled in the NT).

22 [In fact] under the Law almost everything is purified by means of blood, and without the shedding of blood there is neither release from sin and its guilt nor the remission of the due and merited punishment for sins.

let me quote the OT so you can understand the beauty of the revelation of PAUL TO THE JEWISH CHRISTIANS WHO WERE THINKING OF ABANDONING THEIR FAITH AND LAPSING BACK INTO JUDAISM.

Ex 29:12 — "And you shall take some of the blood of the bull and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger; and you shall pour out all the blood at the base of the altar.

Ex 29:20 — "And you shall slaughter the ram, and take some of its blood and put it on the lobe of Aaron's right ear and on the lobes of his sons' right ears and on the thumbs of their right hands and on the big toes of their right feet, and sprinkle the rest of the blood around on the altar.

Ex 29:36 — "And each day you shall offer a bull as a sin offering for atonement, and you shall purify the altar when you make atonement for it; and you shall anoint it to consecrate it.

Lev 8:10 Moses then took the anointing oil and anointed the tabernacle and all that was in it, and consecrated them.

Lev 8:15 — Next Moses slaughtered it and took the blood and with his finger put some of it around on the horns of the altar, and purified the altar. Then he poured out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar and consecrated it, to make atonement for it.

Lev 8:19 — And Moses slaughtered it and sprinkled the blood around on the altar.

Lev 9:8 — So Aaron came near to the altar and slaughtered the calf of the sin offering which was for himself.

Lev 9:9 — And Aaron's sons presented the blood to him; and he dipped his finger in the blood, and put some on the horns of the altar, and poured out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar.

the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.' (Lev 17:11)

Blood is the basic component of a living organism. The shedding of Christ's blood (death) was the penalty price for sin. What was foreshadowed (shadow) in the Levitical system was realized (substance) at the Cross when the Son of God laid down His life in death and ransomed men from sin. His precious blood paid the ransom price for our redemption (Cf 1Pe 1:18-notes; Rev 5:9-note, Ro 3:24-note; Ro 3:25-note) Blood was also used in the cleansing rites on the annual day of atonement.

God’s uniform method for the forgiveness of sins has been the shedding of blood. God decreed that “the wages of sin is death” (Ro 5:23- note). In Leviticus 17:11, God explains why blood must be shed: “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.” God’s justice demands the payment of the penalty, which is death. In His mercy, He will accept the death of an acceptable substitute in place of the death of the sinner. The system of animal sacrifices under the old covenant pictured and pointed ahead to Christ, the lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world (John 1:29)
. A quote to buttress my point further. Sorry for the lengthy exegesis..I am not a fan of lengthy post,just want to put things in their perspective that's all. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by swtchicgurl: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2013
dami_paul:

You just keep helping me elaborate my observation. Go back to the main texts, I completely believe in the words of Jesus, the problem I have is differentiating between the things he told the jews or israelites under the law and the things he told us. This is plain english, Jesus was born under the law, he was subject to the law but his death and ressurrection gave me a new covenant!

Please, open your heart more than your eyes and you'll see exactly what God wants you to.

I wish i have more time, i don't.

Alwaystrue has added more details. Please read carefully. cheers.

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2013
@Bidam,
Thanks so much. Imagine a mortal arguing the Word of God. I just pray God will open their eyes of understanding for He loves them.

@Josh
Below is the link to where i gave some earlier posts on what was revealed to me about the transfiguration and its meaning:
https://www.nairaland.com/1455684/what-seem-difference-between-old#18398498

Enjoy your day.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 9:44am On Oct 17, 2013
Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

Daniel 7:25 fully makes sense to me now...it just dropped into my spirit and clicked....

1. trying to belittle Jesus's (THE WORD OF GOD) Life and work on earth,
2. recycling questions and scorning the saints thus trying to make them derail
3. trying to change the law of God
4. thinking to change the time when the New Testament began.

What more?!
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Goshen360(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2013
Smh...for this generation. Now, we know why the are all kinds of different doctrines from same bible. Lord have mercy!!!
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by MostHigh: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2013
Alwaystrue: Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

Daniel 7:25 fully makes sense to me now...it just dropped into my spirit and clicked....

1. trying to belittle Jesus's (THE WORD OF GOD) Life and work on earth,
2. recycling questions and scorning the saints thus trying to make them derail
3. trying to change the law of God
4. thinking to change the time when the New Testament began.

What more?!

Its called changing of times and traditions of the most high God

That is the chief calling of the little Horn.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by damipaul(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: So far you have failed woefully in your explanation.Stick to the word and stop being sentimental on sensitive issues.You don't know me.I have never hidden my story in this forum that i came from a moslem background.I never had the privilege you guys had in growing in traditional orthodox settings like you people.

Yet i am spiritually smart enough to discern the subtle poisons you dish out to unsuspecting Christians in forums like this.

Let's stick to the OP and leave sentiments aside.

ERROR 1. When quoting scripture, READ IT IN CONTEXT. Don't pick and choose what suit you why discarding the rest.

Now i noticed most of you guys always quote only hebrew 9:16 and discard the rest of the glaring scriptural verses.

Hebrews 9:16-22

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 For where there is a [last] will and testament involved, the death of the one who made it must be established,
You quote this verses and jump to a different pauline epistles without explaining who the testator is,his words that will take effect after he died.Even Peter,John and Paul do not have the right to say that their words is a testament.Jesus(God the son) IS THE WORD OF GOD THAT BECAME FLESH,HE HAS TO DIE FOR HIS WORD(TESTAMENT/WILL) to take effect just like God's word spoken to Moses has to take effect by the sprinkling of bloods of bulls and goat which was a copy and shadow of what was in heaven.NOTE:the reality is heavenly not even earthly.
17 For a will and testament is valid and takes effect only at death, since it has no force or legal power as long as the one who made it is alive.
Jesus was that SACRIFICIAL LAMB and HIS LOGOS (WRITTEN WORD WHICH WAS HIDDEN FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION) Had to take a legal binding power after He died. The temple veil has be torn into two,everyone who has the Holy Spirit has equal access to the holy of holies.The Holy Spirit is that power that witness and opened the eyes of the Apostle to this new truths and reality, Paul said it was veiled remember? Even his disciples never understood his words while he was with them,it was after he died their eyes were opened.Why did peter start preaching from the prophetic Joel.How was Philip able to explain to the eunuch the book of Isaiah that Jesus is the messiah without peter and Paul coaching him? funny Saul or Paul wasn't even converted at the said time.This is not to belittle Paul and his ministry, but i can be bold to say i don't need him to explain the OT scripture.I NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT.( 1 john 2:27)

18 So even the [old] first covenant (God’s will) was not inaugurated and ratified and put in force without the shedding of blood.
This explained why Jesus had to die.The pattern of God never did change as you people always erroneously assumed. Moses was a just a copy and shadow of that which was coming.THE REALITY IS CHRIST AND THE TABERNACLE IS HEAVEN. God is a God of ORDER,there are LAWS IN HEAVEN, IF NOT LUCIFER THE ANOINTING CHERUB WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CAST OUT OF HEAVEN IF HE HAD NOT VIOLATED GOD'S LAWS AND ORDER.
19 For when every command of the Law had been read out by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of slain calves and goats, together with water and scarlet wool and with a bunch of hyssop, and sprinkled both the Book (the roll of the Law and covenant) itself and all the people,

20 Saying these words: This is the blood that seals and ratifies the agreement (the testament, the covenant) which God commanded [me to deliver to] you.(A)
It is Jesus blood that seals God's hidden word not Paul nor the 12 apostles.Remember it is Jesus(God's word became flesh) that has the power to open the 7 seals in revelation. grin

21 And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and all the [sacred] vessels and appliances used in [divine] worship.
Paul was telling us here that it is exactly the same way Jesus sprinkled His blood on the heavenly Tabernacle.JUST THE EXACT COPY OF MOSES EARTHLY TABERNACLE,no difference.Now the writer of Hebrews draws the attention of the Hebrew readers to what Moses demonstrated in the OT rituals (shadows fulfilled in the NT).

22 [In fact] under the Law almost everything is purified by means of blood, and without the shedding of blood there is neither release from sin and its guilt nor the remission of the due and merited punishment for sins.

let me quote the OT so you can understand the beauty of the revelation of PAUL TO THE JEWISH CHRISTIANS WHO WERE THINKING OF ABANDONING THEIR FAITH AND LAPSING BACK INTO JUDAISM.

Ex 29:12 — "And you shall take some of the blood of the bull and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger; and you shall pour out all the blood at the base of the altar.

Ex 29:20 — "And you shall slaughter the ram, and take some of its blood and put it on the lobe of Aaron's right ear and on the lobes of his sons' right ears and on the thumbs of their right hands and on the big toes of their right feet, and sprinkle the rest of the blood around on the altar.

Ex 29:36 — "And each day you shall offer a bull as a sin offering for atonement, and you shall purify the altar when you make atonement for it; and you shall anoint it to consecrate it.

Lev 8:10 Moses then took the anointing oil and anointed the tabernacle and all that was in it, and consecrated them.

Lev 8:15 — Next Moses slaughtered it and took the blood and with his finger put some of it around on the horns of the altar, and purified the altar. Then he poured out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar and consecrated it, to make atonement for it.

Lev 8:19 — And Moses slaughtered it and sprinkled the blood around on the altar.

Lev 9:8 — So Aaron came near to the altar and slaughtered the calf of the sin offering which was for himself.

Lev 9:9 — And Aaron's sons presented the blood to him; and he dipped his finger in the blood, and put some on the horns of the altar, and poured out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar.

the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.' (Lev 17:11)

Blood is the basic component of a living organism. The shedding of Christ's blood (death) was the penalty price for sin. What was foreshadowed (shadow) in the Levitical system was realized (substance) at the Cross when the Son of God laid down His life in death and ransomed men from sin. His precious blood paid the ransom price for our redemption (Cf 1Pe 1:18-notes; Rev 5:9-note, Ro 3:24-note; Ro 3:25-note) Blood was also used in the cleansing rites on the annual day of atonement.

God’s uniform method for the forgiveness of sins has been the shedding of blood. God decreed that “the wages of sin is death” (Ro 5:23- note). In Leviticus 17:11, God explains why blood must be shed: “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.” God’s justice demands the payment of the penalty, which is death. In His mercy, He will accept the death of an acceptable substitute in place of the death of the sinner. The system of animal sacrifices under the old covenant pictured and pointed ahead to Christ, the lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world (John 1:29)
. A quote to buttress my point further. Sorry for the lengthy exegesis..I am not a fan of lengthy post,just want to put things in their perspective that's all. cheesy

Thank you so much for ur insight and time. Could u or anybody pls answer these direct questions I asked @alwaystrue that she's refused to answer, besides telling to read some scriptures that I completely believe but have no relevance to what I've asked her.
Matthew 23:1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses.[t] 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example. For they don’t practice what they teach. How does this relate to us, putting emphasis on 'the law of Moses'
Mark 1:44 “Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy.[t] This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.”
It's a dispensation of mercy, not of the works of ur hands, that's what the new covenant is all about. How does this relate to you and I?
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2013
dami_paul:

Thank you so much for ur insight and time. Could u or anybody pls answer these direct questions I asked @alwaystrue that she's refused to answer, besides telling to read some scriptures that I completely believe but have no relevance to what I've asked her.
Matthew 23:1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses.[t] 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example. For they don’t practice what they teach. How does this relate to us, putting emphasis on 'the law of Moses'
Mark 1:44 “Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy.[t] This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.”
It's a dispensation of mercy, not of the works of ur hands, that's what the new covenant is all about. How does this relate to you and I?
She actually explained everything check the tithe threads and others..Sorry i am in a hurry right now,i will definitely explain when i am free.

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Alwaystrue(f): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: She actually explained everything check the tithe threads and others..Sorry i am in a hurry right now,i will definitely explain when i am free.
Thank you for your response. How someone will bear false witness that I did not answer his questions here show that he was just looking without SEEING.

@swtchicgurl, thanks too for the response. It is the heart that will see the scriptures I posted not the eyes.
Re: Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? by Joshthefirst(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2013
@Alwaystrue:Thank you ma'am. I asked you a question on the thread you gave me a link to. Please kindly reply
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Real Jesus? / If Any Man Be In Christ, All Past Records Are Deleted / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.