Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8523 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:08am On Jan 01, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 1ST JANUARY, 2021 _*(New Year Day/Circumcision of Christ)*_ *THEME:* CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART!

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 2: 21-24 *(NIV)*

21. On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.
22. When the time of their purification according to the Law of Moses had been completed, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
23. (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord"wink,
24. and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord: "a pair of doves or two young pigeons".

In Genesis 17:4-12, God entered into a covenant with Abraham - He would make Abraham a father of a multitude of nations, and on the part of Abraham and his descendants, they must cut off the flesh of their foreskin. From generation to generation, every male child was to be circumcised on the 8th day after birth. The parents of Jesus took Him to Jerusalem and presented Him to the Lord and offered the sacrifices required in fulfilment of the law of the Lord though Jesus was the Son of God. As much as lies within us, let us keep the laws of God, and also the laws of men which are not against God; Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfil it. God gave Abraham and his descendants the mark of circumcision as a physical reminder that they were cut off from the world and set apart to the true living God. For us, this covenant of God is symbolised by physical circumcision, but more importantly by circumcision of the heart.

In Jeremiah 4:4 we are called upon to circumcise our hearts to the Lord and this refers to having a pure heart separated unto God. Inward repentance and change are needed in us in order to be right with God. In this New Year, let us reject all sin, compromise, unrighteousness, greed, covetousness, malice, bribery and everything that contaminates. Let us cling to Jesus, the fulfilment of the law and through Him, we are made right with God. Have a new year of peace.

*PRAYER:*
Dear Lord, thank You for graciously bringing me into the New Year I ask for Your grace to reject that which makes it hard for me to live for You.

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_“Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He guards all his bones, not one of them is broken.”_ *(Psalm 34:19-20)*

*JANUARY 2021*
As you go into the new year, the presence of God will safe guard you. His glory will tabernacle with you. You shall be filled with strength for greater exploit in 2021. Nothing shall be impossible for you, effortlessly you shall sail into unimaginable comfort and rest.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by saintokwuluora(m): 7:52am On Jan 01, 2021
Thanks brother, you just bridged the gap, am yet to get the 2021 edition. Happy New year, you are lready a blessing.

1 Like

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 2 2021

✝️�TOPIC: FULFILLED EXPECTATION

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 2:25-35 (NKJV)

25. And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
26. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
27. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law,
28. he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
29. "Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word;
30. For my eyes have seen Your salvation
31. Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
32. A light to [bring] revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel."
33. And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him.
34. Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this [Child] is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against
35. "(yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

✝️�STUDY

In today's reading, we see the righteous and devout Simeon so eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come to rescue Israel.

The Holy Spirit was upon him and revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen the Messiah spoken of by the prophets. From the case of Simeon, we learn that righteousness and true devotion to God draws us near to Him and gives us revelations. Simeon waited patiently and at the appointed time, the Holy Spirit led him to the temple at the time Jesus was presented to the Lord in the temple and he saw and touched the Messiah. Let us learn to patiently wait upon God for the performance of His promises. If we live righteously and serve God patiently with true devotion, He will reveal to us the solutions to the puzzles in our lives. He will also direct us as He directed Simeon as to time, place and circumstances of what He would want us to be and to do.
If you seek God with all your heart, He will reveal Himself to you as He revealed Jesus to Simeon. God, in His truth and
faithfulness, did not disappoint Simeon. In the same vein, if you live a devout, righteous and patient life, God will lead you aright in all the circumstances of your life; and you will end your earthly journey well.

✝️� PRAYER: Dear Father, thank you for the entrance of Your Word into my heart. Help me to seek your will all my heart, and to find you, in Jesus'Name. Amen.
undefined
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2021
saintokwuluora:
Thanks brother, you just bridged the gap, am yet to get the 2021 edition. Happy New year, you are lready a blessing.
Thanks brothely, God bless you richly Amen

1 Like

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:45am On Jan 03, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 3 2021
(Second Sunday After Christmas Day)

✝️�TOPIC: APRIL FOOL!

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 2:1-23 (NKJV)

1. Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,
2. saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
3. When Herod the king heard [this,] he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
5. So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:
6. 'But you, Bethlehem, [in] the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.' "
7. Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.
8. And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found [Him,] bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also."
9. When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.
10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.
11. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
12. Then, being divinely warned in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed for their own country another way.
13. Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him."
14. When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt,
15. and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, "Out of Egypt I called My Son."
16. Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry; and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men.
17. Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying:
18. "A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping [for] her children, Refusing to be comforted, Because they are no more."
19. But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
20. saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the young Child's life are dead."
21. Then he arose, took the young Child and His mother, and came into the land of Israel.
22. But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea instead of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. And being warned by God in a dream, he turned aside into the region of Galilee.
23. And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, "He shall be called a Nazarene."

✝️�STUDY

When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, Herod was greatly disturbed. He was afraid that the new born king would one day take his throne. This is a clear misunderstanding about the reason Christ came into the world. Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and not to take the throne of Herod! Herod falsely told the wise men to not to take search diligently for Christ and tell him so that he would go and worship Him (v.cool. However, God having warned them, the wise men did not return to Herod. God therefore made April fool of Herod to protect Jesus. In this New Year, God will give us the revelation and wisdom to escape harms and untimely death.

An angel of God told Joseph in a dream to take the child to
Egypt, a country outside the territory of Herod (v.13). Not knowing Jesus had escaped, Herod killed all the boys under 2 years in a bid to kill Jesus. God will protect you at all costs and no weapon formed against you will prosper (Isa. 54:17). But for this to happen, you must remain outside the territory of the enemy. A Christian who lives in sin lives inside the dangerous territory of the enemy! This year, when trouble, diseases and demonic attacks come, God will keep you out of theirterritory.

✝️� PRAYER: Great and awesome God, please keep me under your
banner and help me to overcome sin in Jesus'Name. Amen.
undefined
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 4 2021

✝️�TOPIC: UNDISTRACTED DEVOTION

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 2:36-38 (NKJV)

36. Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity;
37. and this woman [was] a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served [God] with fastings and prayers night and day.
38. And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

✝️�STUDY

Hannah was a prophetess as well as a widow of a very old age. Today's passage tells us that she did not depart from the temple, but too busy. Some just pray to fulfil all righteousness, usually with served God with prayer and fasting days and nights. Unfortunately today, many Christians are too lazy to pray and fast, while some are distracted attention. For example, some people while praying receive and make calls on their phones from time to time!

Fasting is a good way of subduing the flesh to give
our prayers more fervency-we should fast as much as God enable us. We can also show devotion to God by constantly attending church or fellowship just as Hanna did. Some Christians miss church services on Sundays in order to watch football matches. Some Christian businessmen/women stay away from church services on some Sundays because they are expecting customers/ clients. This is a total show of lack of commitment and devotion to God. This year, let our devotion to God be total and undivided-it demands our prayers, fasting, time, money, our life and our all!

✝️� PRAYER: Great King, you deserve my worship. Please give me the
grace to be devoted to you in prayer fasting and attendance to
church and fellowship, in Jesus'Name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 5, 2020

✝️�TOPIC: SIMPLE OBEDIENCE

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 2:39-40 (NKJV)

39. So when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their [own] city, Nazareth.
40. And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

✝️�STUDY

Verse 39 tells us that the parents of Jesus performed all things according to the law of the Lord; that is, they brought Jesus to the temple and the Priest dedicated Him while they offered all the sacrifices that the law required. The ceremony of bringing Jesus to the temple and dedicating Him to the Lord is required by God in the Old Testament (Lev. 12:3), and of course, the New Testament realy does not abolish the laws of the Old Testament, but fulfils them. today, many Christians choose and pick Old Testament scripture to obey at their convenience and comfort. Some refuse to pay tithes branding it an Old Testament law requirement, while some otno do not find it necessary to offer their new born babies to the Lord with tangible offerings and sacrifices. yet they are very fast to claim Abraham's blessings, forgetting that Abraham paid tithe and offered his, son, Isaac to God as a sacrifice.

We learn from our text today, the necessity to humble
ourselves and do what is rightfully required of us by God and men. So many of us refuse to queue up: Drivers when there is a little delay; shoppers at the mall/market; customers at banks, etc. We are fast to cut corners to speed up! Some Christians, including some church leaders, are also unwilling to give offerings today. But the parents of Jesus willingly submitted themselves to the law of God and leadership of men. We must learn from this and change from today. If we obey God and our leaders, God will highly exalt us.

✝️� PRAYER: Lord have mercy upon me, and incline my heart to obey
Your Word.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
Sorry for the late post.. it's due to circumstances beyond my control
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:05am On Jan 06, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 6, 2020

(Epiphany)

✝️�TOPIC: WISE MEN STILL SEEK JESUS!

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 2:1-12 (NKJV)

1. Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,
2. saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
3. When Herod the king heard [this,] he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
5. So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:
6. 'But you, Bethlehem, [in] the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.' "
7. Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.
8. And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found [Him,] bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also."
9. When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.
10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.
11. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
12. Then, being divinely warned in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed for their own country another way.

✝️�STUDY

When Jesus was born in Bethlehem during the reign of King Herod, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem asking where the Christ was born; they eventually found it. When you truly seek God, you will find Him becausee those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will always be satisfied by God.

When the wise men entered the house, they saw the little
Baby Jesus and worshipped Him. Then they presented rare gifts to Him as a sign of deep devotion. True worship involves honouring Christ and being willing to give Him what is valuable and important to you. Such valuable things may include your time, talent, money, knowledge, etc. How much offering do you give to God every Sunday or fellowship time? How much time do you spend in prayer, in the church, in mission and in other of God's work, how much of your knowledge and wisdom do you offer for od work? If you have been stingy or frugal in your giving to God repent now and start giving to God great and valuable things, God is worthy of the best you have.

✝️� PRAYER: Oh God, take my silver and my gold, not a mite would I
withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as Thou shalt
choose.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 7, 2021

✝️�TOPIC: MOVE ON; NO DISTRACTIONS!

✝️�TEXT: Luke 2:41-50(NKJV)
41. His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover.
42. And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast.
43. When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know [it;]
44. but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day's journey, and sought Him among [their] relatives and acquaintances.
45. So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him.
46. Now so it was [that] after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.
47. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.
48. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, "Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously."
49. And He said to them, "Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?"
50. But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

✝️�STUDY

When Jesus was eventually found in the temple interacting with teachers of the law, His parents were amazed, and Mary asked Him why He treated them the way He did. Jesus replied, "Why did you seek me? Did you not know that I must be about my Father's business? Here Jesus showed He had a clear understanding of His mission; He was therefore focused on it. How much are you focused on your work, business, profession and ministry? Give diligence to the service of God and pay proper attention to your work; dont allow distractions please.

Jesus indicated that He would always be about His Fathers business.

Again Luke 4:16 says it was Jesus' custom to go into the synagogue on the Sabbath. Where do you frequently find yourself: In eating and drinking joints, with jesting groups, party occasions, etc? This is wrong because you can't edification in these places! Again, from our story, we see Jesus taking the position of a student and those who heard Him were astonished at His understanding. From this, we must learn to listen attentively at church, bible study, etc., so that we may be equipped to make positive contribution if necessary. To be a teacher, you, must first be a student!

✝️� PRAYER: Heavenly Father please help me to be focused in life as live for You in holiness and righteousness.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 9, 2021

✝️�TOPIC: PREPARE THE WAY OF THE LORD!

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 3:1-9 (NKJV)

1. Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene,
2. while Annas and Caiaphas were high priests, the word of God came to John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.
3. And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins,
4. as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying: "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the LORD; Make His paths straight.
5. Every valley shall be filled And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough ways smooth;
6. And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.' "
7. Then he said to the multitudes that came out to be baptized by him, "Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8. "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as [our] father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
9. "And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

✝️�STUDY

Today, we hear the voice of John crying in the wilderness asking us to prepare the way of the Lord. Preparing the way of Lord means to clear aside the baggage of the past and doubt so at Jesus can come in and this can be done by making straight every crooked thing in our lives.

Specifically, we are to make straight His path and this requires forthrightness and holiness, without deceit. It's an anomaly for a Christian to cheat! We are also to fill the valleys.

Some Christians put up behaviours that are beloW godly expectations; even some who claim to be mature in the faith still indulge in secret sins of lying, cheating, greed, and even sexual immorality. In relation to this, verse 8 tells us to bear fruits that befit repentance. We are expected to bring low every mountain, meaning, we should deal with every excesses in our lives such as gluttony, drunkenness,
etc. These things overload and will not allow you run your heavenly race. We are also required to make straight the crooked places and smoothen the rough roads in your life. Firmly determine now to prepare the way of the Lord, and let Jesus come into your heart.

✝️� PRAYER: Great God, please help me to prepare my life for your
dwelling, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by youngmartha: 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
Thanks op

1 Like

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-01-10
(Baptism of Christ)

✝️�TOPIC: SHORT-CUTS NOT ALLOWED

✝️�TEXT: Matthew 3:13 - 17 (NKJV)

13. Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.

14. And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”

15. But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

17. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

✝️�STUDY

Jesus came to John for baptisnm, John tried to prevent Him but Jesus insisted- He wanted to fulfil all requirements of God and identify Himself with the sinners whom He came to save. Jesus however was not baptised because He needed to repent of sin personally. Many politicians, church and society leaders feel too superior to associate with the masses and their followers whom they lead. Today we see Jesus doing the opposite: He chose to follow the regular route rather than the short-cut, even though He is God. Let us lean to behave the bible way: Associate with the humble (Rom.12:16).

After His baptism, Jesus had the Holy Spirit alight on Him
and empowered Him throughout His ministry. No wander Act 10:38 tells us that God anointed Jesus Christ with Holy Ghost and power and He went about doing good and healing people. If you want to be empowered, anointed and guided in your profession, business and ministry, you need the presence of the Holy Spirit - Ask God to baptise you with the Holy Spirit. Note again that it was God the Father that announced Jesus as His beloved Son in whom He pleased; Jesus did not make the announcement Himself! Nowadays many people praise and project themselves in the ministry by taking on high-sounding titles. Is God pleased with the way you think, speak and act? Desist from self-praise and rather seek to please God.

✝️� PRAYER: reat Father, please fill me with your Holy Spirit and help me to please you.

*HAPPY SUNDAY!*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:15am On Jan 11, 2021
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 11, 2020

✝️�TOPIC: WHAT SHALL I DO?

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 3:10-20 (NKJV)

10. So the people asked him, saying, "What shall we do then?"
11. He answered and said to them, "He who has two tunics, let him give to him who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise."
12. Then tax collectors also came to be baptized, and said to him, "Teacher, what shall we do?"
13. And he said to them, "Collect no more than what is appointed for you."
14. Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, "And what shall we do?" So he said to them, "Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages."
15. Now as the people were in expectation, and all reasoned in their hearts about John, whether he was the Christ [or] not,
16. John answered, saying to all, "I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
17. "His winnowing fan [is] in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire."
18. And with many other exhortations he preached to the people.
19. But Herod the tetrarch, being rebuked by him concerning Herodias, his brother Philip's wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done,
20. also added this, above all, that he shut John up in prison.

✝️�STUDY

John responded to the same question asked by tlhree different sets of people. The question is what shall we do? In the first response, John told them to share their clothes and food with those who did not have. The best way you can show that you love
God is to share what you have with the poor. John also told the tax collectors not to collect more than they were told to collect. Today, many staff of Inland Revenue departments give people outrageous assessments and convert the proceeds to their personal use. The same applies to public servants, school principals, etc. John also told the soldiers not to take anything from any person by intimidation, and that they should be content with their wages. Some members of Nigerian
security forces like soldiers, Road Safety personnel and police
threaten and extort whoever comes their way. This is wrong.

Some rich men are not contented with what they have, and
that's why they fall into many sorrows. ITimothy 6:6 tells us that godliness with contentment is a great gain. Do your job with integrity; shun bribery, hypocrisy, extortion and intimidation. Ask God to help you to be content with His blessings so you can have peace.

✝️� PRAYER: Heavenly Father, incline my heart to keep your word.
Deliver me from extortion, exploitation, greed and covetousness,
and give me peace in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:07am On Jan 12, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 12, 2021

✝️�TOPIC: OPEN HEAVENS

✝️�TEXT: Luke 3:21-22(NKJV)
21. When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened.
22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

✝️�STUDY

Today's scripture is arranged in sequence: Jesus was baptised, a was praying; the heavens opened and the Holy Spirit in form of a dove alighted on Him; then God spoke to approve Him. Apart from the fact that baptism is a means of obtaining God's grace, it is a sign of acknowledging that one is a sinner and is coming to Christ in repentance for the forgiveness of sin. If Christ not being a sinner was baptised, then all of us need to be baptised.

As Jesus prayed, the heavens opened. Prayer brings open heavens; and open ieavens give casy access to God. When the heavens are open, one will operate under God's wisdom, mercy, guidance and favour in all that one does. There will be no undue stress and wasted efforts and time because God will reveal to you His secrets and tactics. But the question is how many people really make out time to pray every day? If you don't want to operate under a closed heaven, then determine to pray well and study the bible daily. If the heavens open for you, the Holy Spirit will lead you in all you do and you will obtain God's favour and approval.

✝️� PRAYER: Gracious God, please draw me close to You in prayer. Help me to operate under open heavens and in all my work, help me to find Your presence.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 15 2021,

✝️�TOPIC: PLEASE, NO BREACH OF AGREEMENT

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 1:10-18 (NKJV)

10. Then Joshua commanded the officers of the people, saying,
11. "Pass through the camp and command the people, saying, 'Prepare provisions for yourselves, for within three days you will cross over this Jordan, to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you to possess.' "
12. And to the Reubenites, the Gadites, and half the tribe of Manasseh Joshua spoke, saying,
13. "Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, saying, 'The LORD your God is giving you rest and is giving you this land.'
14. "Your wives, your little ones, and your livestock shall remain in the land which Moses gave you on this side of the Jordan. But you shall pass before your brethren armed, all your mighty men of valor, and help them,
15. "until the LORD has given your brethren rest, as He [gave] you, and they also have taken possession of the land which the LORD your God is giving them. Then you shall return to the land of your possession and enjoy it, which Moses the LORD's servant gave you on this side of the Jordan toward the sunrise."
16. So they answered Joshua, saying, "All that you command us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.
17. "Just as we heeded Moses in all things, so we will heed you. Only the LORD your God be with you, as He was with Moses.
18. "Whoever rebels against your command and does not heed your words, in all that you command him, shall be put to death. Only be strong and of good courage."

✝️�STUDY

When Moses was alive, the tribes of Reuben, Gad and half tribe of Manasseh asked him to allow them settle at the beautiful pasture land East of the promised land, and Moses agreed on the condition that they would help the other tribes fight, conquer and enter the promised land, after which they could go back and settle down. Now that Moses is dead and Joshua has taken over the mantle of leadership. He reminded the tribes of Reuben, Gad and half tribe of Manasseh of the existing agreement. Fortunately at verse 16, they determined to live up to the agreement.

Some people fail to keep the terins of agreement they
consciously entered into. Some make promises and later renege on
them, while some tell lies to frustrate or escape the agreements they enter into. Some people buy things on credit or borrow money and refuse to pay back even when they have the money. Some others deliberately issue dud cheques to pay their debts. Worse still, some make pledges in church while others promise God some things ifHe Would answer their prayers, but immediately God answers their prayers, they renege and forget to perform the promises. Breach of promises and agreements shows lack of integrity; Depart from these practices if have been involved in them. It is better not to make pledges or enter into agreement, than to make them and fail to keep them. Fulfill your promises and keep your words even if it is painful (Ps. 15:1-4).

✝️� PRAYER: Dear Father pardon my unfaithfulness, and incline my
heart to perform the promises I make.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:28am On Jan 16, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 16TH JANUARY, 2021 *THEME:* EXCELLENT DECISION

*BIBLE READING:* JOSHUA 2: 1-14 *(NIV)*

1. Then Joshua son of Nun secretly sent two spies from Shittim. "Go, look over the land," he said, "especially Jericho." So they went and entered the house of a prostitute named Rahab and stayed there.
2. The king of Jericho was told, "Look! Some of the Israelites have come here tonight to spy out the land."
3. So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab: "Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land."
4. But the woman had taken the two men and hidden them. She said, "Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from.
5. At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate, the men left. I don't know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them."
6. (But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax she had laid out on the roof.)
7. So the men set out in pursuit of the spies on the road that leads to the fords of the Jordan, and as soon as the pursuers had gone out, the gate was shut.
8. Before the spies lay down for the night, she went up on the roof
9. and said to them, "I know that the LORD has given this land to you and that a great fear of you has fallen on us, so that all who live in this country are melting in fear because of you.
10. We have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed.
11. When we heard of it, our hearts sank and everyone's courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.
12. Now then, please swear to me by the LORD that you will show kindness to my family, because I have shown kindness to you. Give me a sure sign
13. that you will spare the lives of my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them, and that you will save us from death."
14. "Our lives for your lives!" the men assured her. "If you don't tell what we are doing, we will treat you kindly and faithfully when the LORD gives us the land."

It is clear that tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. Sensitivity to issues of life is a great act of wisdom and security. Two options were before Rahab, the prostitute, concerning what to do with the two spies sent by Joshua. One was to expose them to the city guards or to protect them. As we can observe in verses 11-12 the knowledge of the realities on ground informed Rahab's decision to choose the latter option. In the dangerous times we live in now how do you make decisions that can secure you for eternity? Rahab was a prostitute but her sensitivity to divine mandate earned her great position in the scriptures as one of the heroes of faith (Heb.11:31).

The price for liberty is eternal vigilance. Rahab heard and believed by faith that there was a wind of change that her country could not stop. This helped her to secure her life and that of her family. You need to be wise. Secure a covenant with Jesus as Rahab did with the spies. Events around us today in our country and beyond, point to the end of age. Better lose what you cannot keep to keep what you cannot lose. Be reconciled with Jesus and remain under His protection.

Save me my Great Redeemer,
cleft for me my Rock of Ages,
and let me hide myself in Thee.

_“Give us help from trouble, for vain is the help of man. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies.”_ *(Psalm 60:11)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:57am On Jan 17, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 17, 2021
(Second Sunday After Epiphany)

✝️�TOPIC: THE MOST POWERFUL CONNECTION

✝️�TEXT: John 2:1 11(NKJV)
On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.

✝️�STUDY

Many people today tend to think that the best way to secure their lives is to get connected with people that have economic and political powers. Take a close look at verse 2 and observe what makes a difference in human life.

Verse 2 clearly states that Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. Your purpose in this life will never be fulfilled until you invite Jesus into your life. Jesus is always ready to honour your invitations any time you open up for Him. In Rev 3: 20, Jesus says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, i will come in and dine with him and he with me. "

Imagine the type of embarrassment this couple would have had if they had made the mistake of not inviting Jesus. Jesus can change bitter water in your life to sweet (Exo. 15:25). The greatest risk in life is to live without Jesus. Jesus is the ultimate authority in this life. Get properly connected to Him. God has given you the will-power to make your choice, invite Jesus into your life and have godly peace. Overlook Him and experience embarrassment, confusion and lack of peace. He is a friend in need and indeed.

�� PRAYER: Reflect and take time today to ask Jesus to come and take
the central stage in your life and family.

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:05am On Jan 18, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 18, 2021

✝️�TOPIC: PLAY YOUR PART

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 2:15-24 (NKJV)
15. Then she let them down by a rope through the window, for her house [was] on the city wall; she dwelt on the wall.
16. And she said to them, "Get to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you. Hide there three days, until the pursuers have returned. Afterward you may go your way."
17. So the men said to her: "We [will be] blameless of this oath of yours which you have made us swear,
18. "unless, [when] we come into the land, you bind this line of scarlet cord in the window through which you let us down, and unless you bring your father, your mother, your brothers, and all your father's household to your own home.
19. "So it shall be [that] whoever goes outside the doors of your house into the street, his blood [shall be] on his own head, and we [will be] guiltless. And whoever is with you in the house, his blood [shall be] on our head if a hand is laid on him.
20. "And if you tell this business of ours, then we will be free from your oath which you made us swear."
21. Then she said, "According to your words, so [be] it." And she sent them away, and they departed. And she bound the scarlet cord in the window.
22. They departed and went to the mountain, and stayed there three days until the pursuers returned. The pursuers sought [them] all along the way, but did not find [them.]
23. So the two men returned, descended from the mountain, and crossed over; and they came to Joshua the son of Nun, and told him all that had befallen them.
24. And they said to Joshua, "Truly the LORD has delivered all the land into our hands, for indeed all the inhabitants of the country are fainthearted because of us."

✝️�STUDY

The mandate of God may not be changed because of man, but God can change man to fulfil His mandate. Observe how a prostitute acted courageously to aid divine mandate - God works in a Slerious way. Take a second look at verses 17-2l and notice how the role of each party in the agreement was assigned to sustan the agreement reached. You have a role to play in your salvation. You also have a role to play in the salvation of your family. In the time of Ezekiel, God made him a watchman (Ezek. 3:17).

Likewise we should see ourselves as watchmen in our different homes. We need to constantly show people the way of salvation through the word of God. This is a divine privilege that comes with high responsibilities As we can observe in verse 19, the risk in the house of Rahab would be to be outside the doors of the agreement house. We are only secure when we are in the righteous side with Jesus.

Don't dodge your responsibilities. If you do, you cannot dodge the consequences of dodging those responsibilities. Play your own part in securing your salvation and also influence the process that can lead others to know Christ. Rahab understood the times in her own generation and acted wisely. You can learn from her and do likewise. Buckle up.

✝️� PRAYER: Ask God for the grace to carry out His responsibility of saving souls this year.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:19am On Jan 19, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 19, 2021

Date: 2021-01-19

✝️�TOPIC: CONSECRATE YOURSELF

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 3:1-8 (NKJV)

1. Then Joshua rose early in the morning; and they set out from Acacia Grove and came to the Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there before they crossed over.
2. So it was, after three days, that the officers went through the camp;
3. and they commanded the people, saying, "When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it.
4. "Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure. Do not come near it, that you may know the way by which you must go, for you have not passed [this] way before."
5. And Joshua said to the people, "Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you."
6. Then Joshua spoke to the priests, saying, "Take up the ark of the covenant and cross over before the people." So they took up the ark of the covenant and went before the people.
7. And the LORD said to Joshua, "This day I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, [so] I will be with you.
8. "You shall command the priests who bear the ark of the covenant, saying, 'When you have come to the edge of the water of the Jordan, you shall stand in the Jordan.' "

✝️�STUDY

This is a new year with new expectations and everyone will like to move from one stage of life to a better stage. As expected, many people will be seeking divine visitation this time in order to have fulfilled days ahead. The Israelites as we can observe, were in a progressive movement; they needed the presence of God to achieve success. Joshua therefore asked them to consecrate themselves (v.5). To consecrate means to purify or sanctify. Joshua did not tell them that God would consccrate them; they were to do the work themselves. In 2 Timothy 2:21, the scriptures say, "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonourable, he will be a vessel for honourable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of
the house, readv for every good work. "There is a call for righteous living this year and henceforth. So purify yourself because there is battle ahead that must be won.

Take heed to your life this year follow God's instructions as they are written in the scriptures. Aim at holy living; remove anything that will bring defilement. Fulfil your own part of the deal and God is always ready to fulfil His Don't close the door to divine visitation in your life this year because of sinful engagements. Say No! to ungodly engagements and relationships.

✝️� PRAYER: Pray for the resolve to disengage from any appearance of
evil.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:27am On Jan 20, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 20, 2021

Date: 2021-01-20

✝️�TOPIC: YOU WILL MAKE IT

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 3:9-17 (NKJV)

9. So Joshua said to the children of Israel, "Come here, and hear the words of the LORD your God."
10. And Joshua said, "By this you shall know that the living God [is] among you, and [that] He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites:
11. "Behold, the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth is crossing over before you into the Jordan.
12. "Now therefore, take for yourselves twelve men from the tribes of Israel, one man from every tribe.
13. "And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests who bear the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of the Jordan, [that] the waters of the Jordan shall be cut off, the waters that come down from upstream, and they shall stand as a heap."
14. So it was, when the people set out from their camp to cross over the Jordan, with the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people,
15. and as those who bore the ark came to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests who bore the ark dipped in the edge of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks during the whole time of harvest),
16. that the waters which came down from upstream stood [still, and] rose in a heap very far away at Adam, the city that [is] beside Zaretan. So the waters that went down into the Sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, failed, [and] were cut off; and the people crossed over opposite Jericho.
17. Then the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan; and all Israel crossed over on dry ground, until all the people had crossed completely over the Jordan.

✝️�STUDY

Build up your confidence and trust in God; there is victory ahead! With God on your side, you will definitely overcome those
challenges. Take a closer look at verses 9-10 and observe that what matters in life is not the challenges one faces but what the word of God says about those challenges.

Yes, we may not likely know what the future holds for us but we should trust God who holds our future. Obeying simple instruction by faith is what was needed by the Israelites to witness their miracle. The Ark of the Covenant of the Lord which was a sign of His presence among Israel was to go before them while they were to follow (v.11). Always put God first in all your plans this year. If you move alone without Him, you might likely meet the giants alone and you will certainly fail.

Do not be discouraged. God will make a way where
seems to be no way. By faith through the word of God, you will cross the challenges that stand in your way as River Jordan. Victory is assured - only make sure you walk with God. The Lord will figt your battles.

✝️� PRAYER: Guide me Lord, my great redeemer, in this world of
challenges and wickedness.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:12am On Jan 21, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 21, 2021

Date: 2021-01-21

✝️�TOPIC: EXTEND THE GOODWILL

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 4:1-14 (NKJV)

1. And it came to pass, when all the people had completely crossed over the Jordan, that the LORD spoke to Joshua, saying:
2. "Take for yourselves twelve men from the people, one man from every tribe,
3. "and command them, saying, 'Take for yourselves twelve stones from here, out of the midst of the Jordan, from the place where the priests' feet stood firm. You shall carry them over with you and leave them in the lodging place where you lodge tonight.' "
4. Then Joshua called the twelve men whom he had appointed from the children of Israel, one man from every tribe;
5. and Joshua said to them: "Cross over before the ark of the LORD your God into the midst of the Jordan, and each one of you take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the children of Israel,
6. "that this may be a sign among you when your children ask in time to come, saying, 'What do these stones [mean] to you?'
7. "Then you shall answer them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD; when it crossed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. And these stones shall be for a memorial to the children of Israel forever."
8. And the children of Israel did so, just as Joshua commanded, and took up twelve stones from the midst of the Jordan, as the LORD had spoken to Joshua, according to the number of the tribes of the children of Israel, and carried them over with them to the place where they lodged, and laid them down there.
9. Then Joshua set up twelve stones in the midst of the Jordan, in the place where the feet of the priests who bore the ark of the covenant stood; and they are there to this day.
10. So the priests who bore the ark stood in the midst of the Jordan until everything was finished that the LORD had commanded Joshua to speak to the people, according to all that Moses had commanded Joshua; and the people hurried and crossed over.
11. Then it came to pass, when all the people had completely crossed over, that the ark of the LORD and the priests crossed over in the presence of the people.
12. And the men of Reuben, the men of Gad, and half the tribe of Manasseh crossed over armed before the children of Israel, as Moses had spoken to them.
13. About forty thousand prepared for war crossed over before the LORD for battle, to the plains of Jericho.
14. On that day the LORD exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they feared him, as they had feared Moses, all the days of his life.

✝️�STUDY

In your reflection today, take a mental picture of how your town, the city where you live and other areas you know were, or would have been one hundred years ago. Do you know that the old church buildings you see today that look very odd were the best when they were built? A good sense of history will teach you where we were and the level of sacrifice some missionaries made to bring the light of the gospel to us. The people of Israel were asked to set up memorials to teach their children about the great things God did so that God's miraculous works would not be forgotten by future generations (vv. 6-7).

Regrettably, most of us today, without proper considerations, destroy historic structures and settings the early missionaries left. By so doing, we tend to forget that we are destroying basic tools for teaching our children. The faith of our fathers is one of the greatest gifts to our generation. They came and conquered darkness covering our land with the name of Jesus. Today, we have left the basic way of that faith and started pursuing shadows, just to gain positions and possessions.

Make your own history leave somcthing behind that will extend the propagation ot the gospel. Find every good means generation. Keep records that can help others to know the faithfulness of God. Who knows how the world will look like in 50 years' time - what We do today might be one sure way to sustain the faith of our younger generation.

✝️� PRAYER: Give me the grace oh Lord not to create generational gap.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:06am On Jan 22, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 22, 2021

Date: 2021-01-22

✝️�TOPIC: LISTEN TO GOD

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 4:15-24 (NKJV)

15. Then the LORD spoke to Joshua, saying,
16. "Command the priests who bear the ark of the Testimony to come up from the Jordan."
17. Joshua therefore commanded the priests, saying, "Come up from the Jordan."
18. And it came to pass, when the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the LORD had come from the midst of the Jordan, [and] the soles of the priests' feet touched the dry land, that the waters of the Jordan returned to their place and overflowed all its banks as before.
19. Now the people came up from the Jordan on the tenth [day] of the first month, and they camped in Gilgal on the east border of Jericho.
20. And those twelve stones which they took out of the Jordan, Joshua set up in Gilgal.
21. Then he spoke to the children of Israel, saying: "When your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, 'What [are] these stones?'
22. "then you shall let your children know, saying, 'Israel crossed over this Jordan on dry land';
23. "for the LORD your God dried up the waters of the Jordan before you until you had crossed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red Sea, which He dried up before us until we had crossed over,
24. "that all the peoples of the earth may know the hand of the LORD, that it [is] mighty, that you may fear the LORD your God forever."

✝️�STUDY

The forces that influence life can make one make serious mistakes - don't be in a hurry to take sensitive decisions! Make out time to seek God's direction. In our text today, Joshua was dependent on the leading of God: What he heard from the Lord, he passed on to the priest (vv. 15-17). The chain of command was clear - The priest and the people had to listen to Joshua and follow his instruction if they were to succeed. River Jordan parted as soon as the priests bearing the Ark stepped into it (Josh. 3:15), and returned to its position when the same priests stepped out (v.18). The memorial of 12 stones was
to be a constant reminder of the day the Israelites crossed the Jordan River on a dry ground. Their children would hear the story, see the stone and learn about God.

You can hear from God daily through His word - God has
made adequate provisions to secure your life and future. Diligently seek His leading through His word. After many years of hoping to enter the Promised Land, the Israelites finally made it.

They stepped into the Land of promise. God will fulfil His promises to you. God will make ways for you and fulfil your desires. Only be faithful and diligent to tell your younger generation how God saved you, answered your prayers, and supplied your needs. This will help to keep the memories of God's faithfulness alive in your family and generation.

✝️� PRAYER: Ask God to grant you and your family breakthrough in the
areas you desire His visitations.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:00am On Jan 25, 2021
Date: 2021-01-25
(The Conversion of Saint Paul)

✝️�TOPIC: DIVINE ENCOUNTER

✝️�TEXT: ACTS 9:1 - 19 (NKJV)

1. Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
2. and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
3. As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.
4. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"
5. And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" Then the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It [is] hard for you to kick against the goads."
6. So he, trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?" Then the Lord [said] to him, "Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
7. And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.
8. Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought [him] into Damascus.
9. And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.
10. Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
11. So the Lord [said] to him, "Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for [one] called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
12. "And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting [his] hand on him, so that he might receive his sight."
13. Then Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
14. "And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name."
15. But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
16. "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."
17. And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
18. Immediately there fell from his eyes [something] like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.
19. So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus.

✝️�STUDY

No matter how big a balloon is, a pin deflates it! The power of God over issues of life is supreme. This is what Saul did not realise in his fight against God's people. Verse 2 of our text reveals that Saul, even in his stage of ignorance, still recognised the disciples as those who were of 'the Way!" Remember Jesus' declaration of His being the Way? Saul had the intention to punish the disciples but God made him one of them. His encounter with Jesus changed his life. Jesus closed his physical eyes for three days so he could see the spiritual reality of salvation. As the scales fell off his eyes, he saw in a new light. It is human to act the way Ananias did towards Saul However, we commend him for allowing the will of God preval. Saul the persecutor was now addressed as "Brother Saul" (v.17). God is wonderful!

As we reflect on the life and ministry of Saul (called Paul), there is a call of God upon your life: God has been reaching out to you through many experiences of life. It is time to surrender. Let today mark a turning point in your life. You are not on earth by chance but for a purpose and until you realise that, life will never make sense. Let those scales of confusion in your eyes fall off now so that you can see the reality of salvation and God's plan for you.

✝️� PRAYER: Take time today to pray for your life, your family and other people you know. Ask God for a touch of repentance for all.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:08am On Jan 26, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 26TH JANUARY, 2021 _*(Timothy and Titus)*_ *THEME:* EXAMINE YOURSELF

*BIBLE READING:* 2 CORINTHIANS 2: 12-17 *(NIV)*

12. Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,
13. I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia.
14. But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.
15. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
16. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?
17. Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

When purpose is not defined, abuse is inevitable. In verse 12, Apostle Paul very specific when he said that he came to Troas to preach "Christ's Gospel." This is where many of us get it wrong today. Many preachers and their followers no longer care about the source and focus of their message. Many are deceived and as the noise in our places of worship is increasing, the life-giving messages are declining. Whose message are you preaching and whose message are you listening to? Paul had hoped to meet Titus- his trusted partner - in Troas and when he did not find him there, he was worried probably for his safety. He left Troas to search for him in Macedonia where he found him (2 Cor. 7:6). Paul distinguished true apostles from mere peddlers. Those who truly speak for God should have sincerity and integrity, and should never preach for selfish reasons (1 Tim. 6:5-10).

There is well-defined mandate for all of us and that mandate is that we should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints (Jude 1:3). Today, many use the church to make quick money - the great value of our faith is bleeding way! In this generation, we seek miracles and regrettably, end up patronising money-centred compromisers. In spite of his position in ministry, Apostle Paul never lost focus. Is it the same with us? Let us examine ourselves.

Arise, Oh Lord and let the enemies of the gospel be scattered and be converted.

_“… rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer …”_ *(Romans 12:12)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Jan 27, 2021
Date: 2021-01-27

✝️�TOPIC: PROMISE FULFILLED

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 5:10-15 (NKJV)

10. Now the children of Israel camped in Gilgal, and kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight on the plains of Jericho.
11. And they ate of the produce of the land on the day after the Passover, unleavened bread and parched grain, on the very same day.
12. Then the manna ceased on the day after they had eaten the produce of the land; and the children of Israel no longer had manna, but they ate the food of the land of Canaan that year.
13. And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, "[Are] You for us or for our adversaries?"
14. So He said, "No, but [as] Commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, "What does my Lord say to His servant?"
15. Then the Commander of the LORD's army said to Joshua, "Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand [is] holy." And Joshua did so.

✝️�STUDY

The Israelites finally made it. Though the land was not vet not yet conquered. but they had stepped into it. In Gilgal, where the camped, they celebrated the Passover which reminded them of God's mighty miracles that brought them out of Egypt.

In Egypt where they first had the Passover, they ate in fear and in haste (Exo.12). In the Promised Land, it was a special celebration in a joyous atmosphere! For 40 years, God had miraculously supplied manna to Israel as food (Exo. 16:14-30), but as they ate the food of the Promised Land, the manna ceased (v.12). Joshua had already been told to be strong and courageous (Josh. 1:7) and as we observe, he displayed courage by the way he approached the man that stood opposite him with a sword, whom he later discovered was the commander of the Lord's Army (vv. 13-14).

Follow God's timing in your life. God provided food for the Israelites while they were in the wilderness but in the Promised Land, He provided food from the land itself. Look into your life and find out what God has deposited in you to make a living. Do not be lazy, waiting for a miracle to happen. Don't resort to betting; it is a lazy man's view of quick wealth! The Israelites were given the task of planting and harvesting in the Promised Land - pray and put your talent at work. The time of manna has gone.

✝️� PRAYER: Gracious Father, thank you for feeding me with fish when I couldn't catch fish. Open my eyes to see where to cast my' net to catch the fish by myself now.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:04am On Jan 28, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 28, 2021

Date: 2021-01-28

✝️�TOPIC: VICTORY ASSURED

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 6:1-14 (NKJV)

1. Now Jericho was securely shut up because of the children of Israel; none went out, and none came in.
2. And the LORD said to Joshua: "See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, [and] the mighty men of valor.
3. "You shall march around the city, all [you] men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days.
4. "And seven priests shall bear seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark. But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets.
5. "It shall come to pass, when they make a long [blast] with the ram's horn, [and] when you hear the sound of the trumpet, that all the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him."
6. Then Joshua the son of Nun called the priests and said to them, "Take up the ark of the covenant, and let seven priests bear seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark of the LORD."
7. And he said to the people, "Proceed, and march around the city, and let him who is armed advance before the ark of the LORD."
8. So it was, when Joshua had spoken to the people, that the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams' horns before the LORD advanced and blew the trumpets, and the ark of the covenant of the LORD followed them.
9. The armed men went before the priests who blew the trumpets, and the rear guard came after the ark, while [the priests] continued blowing the trumpets.
10. Now Joshua had commanded the people, saying, "You shall not shout or make any noise with your voice, nor shall a word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I say to you, 'Shout!' Then you shall shout."
11. So he had the ark of the LORD circle the city, going around [it] once. Then they came into the camp and lodged in the camp.
12. And Joshua rose early in the morning, and the priests took up the ark of the LORD.
13. Then seven priests bearing seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark of the LORD went on continually and blew with the trumpets. And the armed men went before them. But the rear guard came after the ark of the LORD, while [the priests] continued blowing the trumpets.
14. And the second day they marched around the city once and returned to the camp. So they did six days.

✝️�STUDY

Know what the Lord wants you to do, do it the way He wants and you will not struggle for success. In our text today, God had a special plan for conquering Jericho. The Israelites were to march round the city, once every day for six days, and seven times on the seventh day, making it thirteen times in all. In this march, the priest carrying the Ark of the Covenant had the central role along with seven other priests carrying ram horns. God may have given Joshua and the Israelites this instruction to make them understand that the battle depended on Him, and not upon their weapons and strength. For six days, Israel marched round the city once and returned to their camp. God's instruction may require you to do things that do not make sense at first. You may not even see the benefit until you have obeyed.
Faith is an act of obedience to the word of God, whether or not His instruction makes sense to you. Learn to follow God's leading in your affairs. Pray, study His Word and act according to His will if you desire to have success in business, marriage, academics or political pursuit. Only God knows what the future holds, so hold on to Him. Allow Him to lead you!

✝️�PRAYER: I am ready to obey, Oh Lord, show me your way.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:53am On Jan 29, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 29, 2021

Date: 2021-01-29

✝️�TOPIC: TRUST AND OBEY

✝️�TEXT: JOSHUA 6:15-21 (NKJV)

15. But it came to pass on the seventh day that they rose early, about the dawning of the day, and marched around the city seven times in the same manner. On that day only they marched around the city seven times.
16. And the seventh time it happened, when the priests blew the trumpets, that Joshua said to the people: "Shout, for the LORD has given you the city!
17. "Now the city shall be doomed by the LORD to destruction, it and all who [are] in it. Only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all who [are] with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.
18. "And you, by all means abstain from the accursed things, lest you become accursed when you take of the accursed things, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it.
19. "But all the silver and gold, and vessels of bronze and iron, [are] consecrated to the LORD; they shall come into the treasury of the LORD."
20. So the people shouted when [the priests] blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat. Then the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
21. And they utterly destroyed all that [was] in the city, both man and woman, young and old, ox and sheep and donkey, with the edge of the sword.

✝️�STUDY

Divine guidance will save us from costly trials and errors in life. To the lsraelites, it may have seemed strange to march round the city instead of going to battle with weapons of war but as strange as the instruction sounded. it worked. A simple act of obedience to God’s instruction was to bring the walls of Jericho down. not the noise Israel made! Probably, if they had done things their own way, they would have lost the opportunity for victory. Again, the instructions for taking the city were clear: Except for Rahab and her family, the inhabitants were to be totally destroyed. All the precious things were sacred to the Lord, and had to go into the treasury (v.19). The people were to keep away from things devoted to God, otherwise they would bring judgement upon themselves (v.18).

George Washington, the first president of American said, "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without the Bible." Obedience to God's word pulled down the strong wall of Jericho. The same word is available for us today. If you believe and follow God's word, those obstacles before you will be removed. The Lord will open the gateway to access to your life expectations. Find the word of God, apply it rightly, and trust it for positive outcome by faith.

✝️� PRAYER: Open my eyes, Oh Lord, to see the wondrous things out o
your word and apply it in my life situations. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:45am On Jan 30, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 30TH JANUARY, 2021 *THEME:* FULFIL YOUR PROMISES

*BIBLE READING:* JOSHUA 6: 22-27 *(NIV)*

22. But Joshua had said to the two men who had spied out the country, "Go into the harlot's house, and from there bring out the woman and all that she has, as you swore to her."
23. And the young men who had been spies went in and brought out Rahab, her father, her mother, her brothers, and all that she had. So they brought out all her relatives and left them outside the camp of Israel.
24. But they burned the city and all that [was] in it with fire. Only the silver and gold, and the vessels of bronze and iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.
25. And Joshua spared Rahab the harlot, her father's household, and all that she had. So she dwells in Israel to this day, because she hid the messengers whom Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.
26. Then Joshua charged [them] at that time, saying, "Cursed [be] the man before the LORD who rises up and builds this city Jericho; he shall lay its foundation with his firstborn, and with his youngest he shall set up its gates."
27. So the LORD was with Joshua, and his fame spread throughout all the country.

Be sensitive to know that God has given you an opportunity and responsibility to deliver changes to people around you. Your responsibility to influence others is enormous. We reap what we sow: Rahab had the opportunity to invest wisely and she utilised the opportunity and secured the agreement that saved her family. Joshua's spies had promised to protect her and her family (Josh. 12:14-15). Rahab kept her part of the deal and Joshua kept the word of the spies. We must keep our agreements with people - it is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfil it (Eccl. 5:5). After the fall of Jericho, Rahab and her family were secure and lived among the Israelites (v.25). Rahab did not lose her reward: She protected God's people and in turn, she was protected by God's people. It is written in Hebrew 11:31, "Harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.

Keep your promises regardless of the sacrifice that may be involved. As a business man/woman, settle those who train and serve under you. Promote those that are due for promotions. Fight
for those you are in a position to defend. Reward those who paid the price to keep you where you are today. Rahab helped the Israel to succeed and in return, they rewarded her. Do your best to pay those
you are indebted to. Apostle Paul says "I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man (Acts 24:16). _*What of you?*_

Give me the enablement, Oh Lord, to clear all my areas of legitimate debt to others.

_“Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.”_ *(Psalm 125:1)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:38am On Feb 01, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 1, 2021

✝️�TOPIC: THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS

✝️�TEXT: PSALM 1:1-6 (NKJV)

1. Blessed [is] the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2. But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
3. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.
4. The ungodly [are] not so, But [are] like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

✝️�STUDY

This Psalm highlights the way of the righteous and his end. It also indicates the way of the unrighteous or the ungodly. Both are opposites. The righteous manifests the following: (i) Does not walk in step with the wicked, (ii) Does not stand in the way that sinners take, or (ii) Sit in the company of mockers [NIV]: (iv) He delights in the law of the Lord (the Word of God), (v) He meditates in the
Word of God day and night. For doing these, the righteous shall remain evergreen like the tree planted by the rivers of waters (vv. 1-3). The Lord knows the way of the righteous (v.6a). Of course, the unrighteous are the direct opposite of the righteous (cv. 4-5).

In life, man has a right to choose his course - whether to live a righteous life or an unrighteous one. God does not force one but gives us the freedom to make our choice. The choice you make today will determine your future tomorrow. So, which path are you towing that of the righteous or the unrighteous? God, through Moses, told the Israelites that He had shown them the way of life and the way of death, but He advised them to choose the way of life (Deut. 30:19). Beloved, today is early enough!

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, may you help me to tow the path of the righteous so as
to gain all the benefits thereby.

HAPPY NEW MONTH.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:13am On Feb 02, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 2, 2021

Date: 2021-02-02
(The Presentation of Christ in the Temple)

✝️�TOPIC: OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S COMMAND

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 2:22 -35 (NKJV)

22. Now when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were completed, they brought Him to Jerusalem to present [Him] to the Lord
23. (as it is written in the law of the Lord, "Every male who opens the womb shall be called holy to the LORD"wink,
24. and to offer a sacrifice according to what is said in the law of the Lord, "A pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons."
25. And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
26. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
27. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law,
28. he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
29. "Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word;
30. For my eyes have seen Your salvation
31. Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
32. A light to [bring] revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel."
33. And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him.
34. Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this [Child] is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against
35. "(yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

✝️�STUDY

Today marks the presentation of Christ in the Temple by His earthly parents. This event gave two servants of God - Simeon and Anna the opportunity of seeing the Messiah first hand. Simeon felt fulfilled and sang the Nunc Dimitis. The parents of Jesus knew what the Law said in Leviticus 12:1-4 about presentation of a male child after 40 days of purification by the woman. They offered a sacrifice according to the ability of their family-a pair of turtle doves or two young pigeons (Lev. 12:cool. This indicated that Jesus belonged to a poor and humble background while here on earth. Jesus' parents obeyed the Law totally: Jesus was thus raised in a family that obeys and fears the Lord.

Are you a parent? Don't put yourselves into bondage because of'child dedication.' Live by your means: Your status today will not determine your status tomorrow. Keep trusting God and live in obedience to His word and your tomorrow will be better. The woman should not spend so much time in the house than necessary to get all the resources needed to present a child to God. This may
deny her the privilege of fellowshipping with others. May every family emulate the example of the parents of Jesus who presented Jesus in the Temple with what they could afford in obedience to God's directives!

✝️� PRAYER: Oh Lord, may you help all parents to raise their children in
a godly home.

HAPPY NEW MONTH
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:33am On Feb 03, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 3RD FEBRUARY, 2021 *THEME:* THE GREAT LIGHT

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 4: 12-17 *(NIV)*

12. When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he returned to Galilee.
13. Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali--
14. to fulfil what was said through the prophet Isaiah:
15. "Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, along the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles--
16. the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."
17. From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

Our text indicates that those who sat in darkness had seen a great light. The opposite of darkness is light - Jesus represents light while Satan represents darkness. Jesus is the great light here. As stated in Isaiah 61:1-2 (cf. Luke 4:18-19). Part of Jesus' manifesto was that He came "to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound." These are those whom the devil had dragged into his darkness. Jesus came to set such people free. John 10:10 states that the devil came to steal, kill and destroy; Jesus came to give us life in abundance.

Many people prefer darkness to light because their deeds are evil (John 3:19). When one is living a life of sin, one is usually afraid to come to the Light. These are some of the benefits of following the Great Light: One becomes a child of God (John 1:12); one receives eternal life, (John 3:16); peace of mind is assured (John 16:33); prosperity is available (3 John 2); protection is available (Prov. 18:10); good health is assured (1 Peter 2:24), etc. Some of the packages of following the devil include: To steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10a); leads one to eternal destruction (John 3:36), etc. Whichever you prefer will determine your destiny in eternity. Jesus declared, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. "(Matt. 4:17). Decide now.

Oh Lord, may You open the eyes of men to choose the Great Light.

_“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.”_ *(Hebrews 10:23)*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / What Have You Suffered For Christ? / Pastor Undresses,kisses Female Members On The Bottom To Get Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.