Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? (930 Views)

When A Whiteman Falls In Love With A Blackwoman (PHOTO) / Her Wedding is in 3 months and She Falls Terribly Sick / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by blackface2(m): 12:28am On Oct 16, 2013
I've had this close friend that has been showing signs that she wants to be more than just a friend. The problem is that she isn't my "type" and I don't think we're compatible. However I like her as a friend and won't wanna hurt her feelings by rejecting her or by dating her knowing fully well that I won't marry her.
Please advice me on what to do.
NB: I'm looking to settle down.
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Illuminatus(m): 3:31am On Oct 16, 2013
I just finished telling a young woman this: don't ever get into a relationship out of compassion or pity. What I think you should do is ignore her (seemingly) attraction. It might pass with time. And start dating more often.
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Brimmie(m): 3:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Illuminatus: I just finished telling a young woman this: don't ever get into a relationship out of compassion or pity. What I think you should do is ignore her (seemingly) attraction. It might pass with time. And start dating more often.

Saw your comment.

And OP, i've been in your shoes. But i CANT advise you, i've got some crook stuffs in my brain. I toy with people' feelings.
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Bukkyade: 5:06am On Oct 16, 2013
I think it's safer not to venture into the relationship at all.,there's a way you can make her understand that you are dating another person.
So she will know there's no room for her. But please be nice to her.
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Sllowppoisoon: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Love feelings must be mutual...its beta to date sumone u LOVE not sumone u jus pity her feeling
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Popowaa: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2013
U can decide not to love her back if u really dont love her.If u dont love her plssss and plssss dont lead her onsad
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Tolexander: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2013
To reciprocate a love is a choice!
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by amiebeauty(f): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
@OP
FIRST you have to understand that you will have to take a decision on the case. you cannot think like "i cant reject her and i dont want to date her". have some backbone and be straight and honest about what you desire in life.

SECOND if you are not attracted to someone, there is absolutely NO REASON UNDER THE SUN why you should enter into a r/ship with them......N O N E!!!!!

THIRD here is what you should simply tell her:"i admire you and really love you as a friend, but i have absolutely no desire to become anything more than that with you. i know you are a fantastic person, and will find the right guy to date you but that person aint me. let's keep on being friend and not ruin what we have here."
she will then certainly ask you:" but if you think i am all what you described, why wont you date me?" to which you should reply:"R/ship are about chemistry, and as much as i KNOW that you are a wonderful person, there is nothing more than the friendship "buzz" between me and you. thats the only buzz i can offer you, thats the only buzz i want from you"

1 Like

Re: If She Falls In Love With You First, Must You Love Her Back? by blackface2(m): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Thanks for the advices, I wish it was that easy. It gets more complicated cos I'm the only guy she's ever liked/been close to so I'm guessing she won't handle rejection well.

(1) (Reply)

I Overheard A Lady Saying This Please Is It Meant To Be Like This??? / My Girl Friend Slept With Her Reverend Father / How Can I Stop Luvin My Girl??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.