Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? (9653 Views)

Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / TV Shows: Prison Break, Lost Or 24? / Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by newpaparazzi(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2013
They offer little benefit apart from entertainment. To the contrary, some of them have negative effect on the vulnerables especially the youths making them develope the mentality that hard work is not necessary to become rich and famous.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by casiello(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Guilder ultimate search is okay because of the game like competition in it. But shows like Kardashian or BBA are rubbish! Why should I waste my time watching people live their life when I also have my life to live. It baffles me what people describe as entertaining watching your fellow human being living his or her own life.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2013
kaeyame:
Some of us equally get pissed when your ilk sits around talking all day about soccer, forcing us to share the thrills, suspense, joys etc when a game is on!!
When all we are interested in is who rooney is dating, or how balotelli looks under the sheets, or how kaka's wifey must be feeling everytime he kisses their wedding band after a goal, etc

Just wait till the big reality show comes up in Brazil in 2014...

*runs away

U are my soul sister,sister kiss two kissess on both cheeks.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 16, 2013
dimples*:

you shud have added NO LEZZY to ur comment. it was very important#

*silently climb d rooftop*
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 10:56am On Oct 16, 2013
There is nothing good that comes out of it rather it is a medium that makes girld behave more like a turkey (tolotolo) and make the guys more like a dog because of fashion. Advertising their bodyn and showing how badly trained u are when it comes to manners

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by victorv12(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2013
The talent shows that we need in Nigeria should be about education, not the replicas of the western shows about fame by tying someone's life to a contract. Most of these talent shows are forms of distraction to allow Nigeria/Africa youths not to focus on the real issues going on in their enviroment when the saboteurs are busy plundering.

Majority of these shows are 100 percent backed by the westerners... and it's part of their project MK-Ultra. Even some religious congregation are not spared using this technology, especially churches. MK-Ultra is a process which is created by CIA to manipulate peoples minds through hypnosis.

Since the birth of these shows in Nigeria, the rate at which our girls dress indecently is nothing to write home about and we can't ignore the rate at which their promiscuity skyrocketed. Thesame thing happened to our young guys too. They started seeing majority of our girls as sex tools, and the use of hard drugs increased aswell. The era of the get rich syndrome set into most of our youth by seeing what these contestants are doing in shows and being rewarded.

It's not all talent shows that are bad, but majority of them is not encouraging for our youths to concentrate their minds on... Nigeria needs more youth in the field of science and technology than to be dancers, singers or models.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2013
Linqsz:

you shud have added NO LEZZY to ur comment. it was very important#

*silently climb d rooftop*
tongue
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by QMark: 11:25am On Oct 16, 2013
Linqsz:

age is just a number...money gives u d maturity#

Did you really mean this or you have not finished typing? As much as I want to agree with the first part of your comment, the latter part killed my effort to.

Also, judging your level of maturity from ur comment, I am tempted to ask "When are u going to have money?"
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2013
dimples*:

kiss
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by UjSizzle(f): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2013
Kslib you like epistles angry but you tried undecided

Nairaland can do all those things and more tho grin plus you don't get to see any nude female.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2013
victorv12: The talent shows that we need in Nigeria should be about education, not the replicas of the western shows about fame by tying someone's life to a contract. Most of these talent shows are forms of distraction to allow Nigeria/Africa youths not to focus on the real issues going on in their enviroment when the saboteurs are busy plundering.

Majority of these shows are 100 percent backed by the westerners... and it's part of their project MK-Ultra. Even some religious congregation are not spared using this technology, especially churches. MK-Ultra is a process which is created by CIA to manipulate peoples minds through hypnosis.

Since the birth of these shows in Nigeria, the rate at which our girls dress indecently is nothing to write home about and we can't ignore the rate at which their promiscuity skyrocketed. Thesame thing happened to our young guys too. They started seeing majority of our girls as sex tools, and the use of hard drugs increased aswell. The era of the get rich syndrome set into most of our youth by seeing what these contestants are doing in the shows and being rewarded.

It's not all talent shows that are bad, but majority of them is not encouraging for our youths to concentrate their mind on... Nigeria needs more youth in the field of science and technology than to be dancers, singers or models.

If u don't watch movies at all especially American movies, I'd spare you. But if u watch movies and still had the guts to type this, then I tink u re being too sentimental and irrational.... This is a complete fallacy... Too onesided as many of the arguments against BBA..
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2013
uj_sizzle: Kslib you like epistles angry but you tried undecided

Nairaland can do all those things and more tho grin plus you don't get to see any nude female.

Nairaland has a se'xua'lity section... U can see anything u want, anywhere u want.... I didn't see any unclad lady in this BBA, they don't show dem except in BBAvip... Its so clear now... You have never watched d show before..
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 16, 2013
Q.Mark:

Did you really mean this or you have not finished typing? As much as I want to agree with the first part of your comment, the latter part killed my effort to.

Also, judging your level of maturity from ur comment, I am tempted to ask "When are u going to have money?"

QUESTION
when r u going to have money?

ANSWER
I have money already buh not as much as I want...and I will never have enough that will satisfy me.
I will always want more.

buh do u have money?
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by UjSizzle(f): 11:47am On Oct 16, 2013
njokusboy:

Nairaland has a se'xua'lity section... U can see anything u want, anywhere u want.... I didn't see any unclad lady in this BBA, they don't show dem except in BBAvip... Its so clear now... You have never watched d show before..
oh i tried watching it, and found it excruciatingly boring. Why put myself through torture? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2013
uj_sizzle:
oh i tried watching it, and found it excruciatingly boring. Why put myself through torture? undecided

I for like kiss yuh for this comment oh!
u said my mind joor!.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by UjSizzle(f): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2013
njokusboy:

If u don't watch movies at all especially American movies, I'd spare you. But if u watch movies and still had the guts to type this, then I tink u re being too sentimental and irrational.... This is a complete fallacy... Too onesided as many of the arguments against BBA..

Movies are different depending on what you choose to watch.
The casts get paid cos it's either a full time or part time job.
Most movies tell a true story. For those who can't paint a vivid image of past events, a movie helps.
Some of them are satirical, exposing the ills of the society.I bet didn't know that the movie 'The Hills Have Eyes' was one such movie, or that even the very recent 'Now You See Me' have a very different message they're passing that isn't so visible without proper scrutiny.
Some of them have moral lessons to teach both children and adults out being a really good means to spend family time smiley

I couldgo on and on. You just can't compare movies which have plots and stories that have been thought out to tell, with Reality TV shows that have people living their lives(without a censor on participants) all with one aim of winning the prize.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
oseiwe:
so na balotelli foto u hang for ur room? Is danny shittu ur screensaver?
You have no idea!
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by UjSizzle(f): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2013
Linqsz:

I for like kiss yuh for this comment oh!
u said my mind joor!.
grin kiss
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
slap1: Please don't insult football fans, abeg. No reality show is equals to watching a good football match on TV.
I said BENEFICIAL!!!
Besides, I watch football too, you can't imagine the thrill I get when I ask intentional silly questions, and you see all the guys, fall over themselves trying to put a supposed novice right
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by rhowly(m): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wasting my life by watching people live theirs and getting excited even though they are at the very least partially scripted? Nah. Na so poverty dey take enter pesin backyard undecided
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by djibola(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
tv shows and competitions-OK.
THE REAL ME,JIM IYKE UNSCRIPTED-WOBBISH.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Kslib(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
uj_sizzle: Kslib you like epistles angry but you tried undecided

I just cant help the epistles atimes. I think i need a therapy! grin grin

Nairaland can do those things but not in a complex and more detailed way like BBA does. You dont get to see nude pics on BBA except if you are 18+. Besides, you make it sound as if nudity is the order of the day when we all know that nudity is at its barest minimum compared to how you guys make it sound. This nudity issue has been tackled on a particular thread so i'll rest my case.

Nairaland also has sexuality section where nudity is the order of the day but i dont see you guys condemning this site or seun. If you claim the sexuality section is for 18+, then you should also understand that those nude scenes on BBA is also 18+.

I bet you don't watch the show-- That's fine but that doesnt mean that those who watch it lack taste. sad
I bet you are just jealous that many many people love the show despite the fact that you hate it.. tongue tongue tongue..

Hope this doesnt qualify as another epistle? grin grin
All izz well!
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Movies are different depending on what you choose to watch.
The casts get paid cos it's either a full time or part time job.
Most movies tell a true story. For those who can't paint a vivid image of past events, a movie helps.
Some of them are satirical, exposing the ills of the society.I bet didn't know that the movie 'The Hills Have Eyes' was one such movie, or that even the very recent 'Now You See Me' have a very different message they're passing that isn't so visible without proper scrutiny.
Some of them have moral lessons to teach both children and adults out being a really good means to spend family time smiley

I couldgo on and on. You just can't compare movies which have plots and stories that have been thought out to tell, with Reality TV shows that have people living their lives(without a censor on participants) all with one aim of winning the prize.

Movies basically serve the same objective... Entertain pple... As for passing message across, reality shows actually do a better job, dat y they re called REALITY SHOWS cos pple are not just acting... Unlike movies where the world is viewed from an IDEAL perspective where evrytin seems so sweet when it actually isn't so in reality.. Even the real life stories in movies are usually decorated/ spiced to make them interesting because pple want to flee from the reality of lyf, they want to see the world as it is meant to be and not the way it actually is... Ideally, melvin of BBA shld have won but he didn't and dat is lyf.... U re talking about casts getting paid, I can assure you BBA pays more considering the exposure it brings.. Melvin was already doing soaps b4 BBA, same for selly, elikem, maria and d others... Yet they still went for BBA... Also BBA grosses more than any movie ever produced in Africa... In movies pple write imaginary stories of pple falling in love and having happy ever after endings... Unrealistic adventures aimed at mesmerizing us and giving us a momentary escape from the situation of tins.... I can go, on nd on... The bottom line is, they both entertain nd that is why they were created in d first place... Movies don't teach us anytin we don't know already, matter of fact, they confuse us even more... I don't have preferences, I watch all BUT the point I am trying to make is, if you like watching movies nd u actually enjoy it, then u have no business criticising reality shows.... Simple
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
Most things in life are not in actual fact beneficial to us. Entertainment especially is not beneficial. It's just what it is called: 'ENTERTAINMENT'! You don't think so? Please answer these questions. Abeg what is beneficial in:

1. Listening to music?
2. Watching movies? - and don't gimme any crap of enhancing IQ (if that's the case, all these Nigerians who watch American movies won't be so dumb). Well maybe Christian dramas enhance people's beliefs(I think they are classified under gospel anyway and not entertainment... So that's also out)
3. Watching football? - all I see is youths wasting productive time of their lives on following clubs, smashing bottles on their heads in club arguments.....very pathetic! Like you will get share of the money.

so you see? Entertainment does not benefit anybody! It just helps to while away our time and entertain us during leisure hour. And it ruins the life of addicts. Fullstop! Because you don't have interest in a kind of entertainment doesn't mean....they are useless, they definitely have their own audience

*signing out*
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by chucky234(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Who fvcking cares.....
Ultimate search is as boring as BBA, sh!t things.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Some of them have no value besides the entertainment they offer (in fact, I personally think that there are very few with any value besides entertainment). The only ones I have personally valued are such as The Apprentice or other business challenges.

The talent shows are good for the participants, to help them build their careers. They are good for the viewers some of whom are also in the profession that the talent show is organized for and thus can learn a thing or two. Other viewers are probably only entertained. I think that today's world is drunk on entertainment and pleasure-seeking, but taking a load off after a hard day of work is not a bad thing at all. Seeking entertainment for its own sake is.

The reality shows. Some of them, like BBA and the Kardashians are abominably immoral and, in my opinion, incredibly stuppid. I am yet to see the point in them. Others like GUS and, I think, Survivors - an American show I heard of once - can be educative and inspiring. It's been a while I actually watched some of these shows but I've not been deaf or blind to the responses they generate.

My position is that, as with everything else, reality shows and talent hunts can be as much a power for moral and economic development as one for moral degradation and economic sabotage. Just depends who's wielding them. A little more thought and attention to the pressing needs of the society could produce TV shows that make a substantial and worthy difference in the society.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Mamacita007(f): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
CFCfan: Reality shows teach us about the values of having a competitive spirit. cheesy

like keeping up wit da kadarshians grin grin
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by LordReed(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
TV was made for entertainment. You want meaningful things? Read a book.

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by fabulousdame(f): 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
bba is even good...wat about 'keeping up with d kardashains' and d rest of deir family shows? ice loves coco, married to jonas, and d rest of d stupid shows on e!? wat will someone learn from deir stupid life of pretence? how will it influence people positively? i tink it's a waste of time..well i like wen dey pretend to be emotional and perfect

1 Like

Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by DonMekino(m): 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
its still d avenue for telecommunication companies to make money....u still vote endlessly for ur contestant and they company uses part of it to reward ....u see they have not invested ..they just made quick cash.
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
kaeyame:
I said BENEFICIAL!!!
Besides, I watch football too, you can't imagine the thrill I get when I ask intentional silly questions, and you see all the guys, fall over themselves trying to put a supposed novice right

Yea me too! I'd just intentionally ask a dumb question and u see them trying 2 compete on who can give d best explanation to a "novice"

And I'd Be laughing inside me whilst gesticulating and saying: ook, right, I see! U know forming I'm getting it. Mehn guys and football! Alarming!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder if there is gonn be any form of diminishing returns to this kind of passion, I'm in awe of d love they. Have for it walahi. AWE!
Re: Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? by sigmundfreud(m): 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Reality shows are mostly a waste of time. People looking for shortcut to fame and success...not encouraging discipline and hardwork. 1 or 2 e.g debaters, stimulating. The rest is just making them superstar wannabe!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer / Nigerian Actors Or Actresses You Would Want To Act With / Can You Allow Any Your Relatives To Act In This Kind Of “nude” Nollywood Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.