Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. (27763 Views)

Woman Attacked In Traffic By Arm Robbers At Iyana Iwori, Lagos (photos) / My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. / Heavy Gunshots In Lekki 1 As Police Battles With Armed Robbers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by naturalwaves: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
If there is one thing I will everly be grateful for, it is studying and finishing from the kind of school I went to. A school where you can't even see two students fighting whether on campus or off campus talkless of being robbed. Through out my time, I didn't even hear or see that someone slapped another.
#Team Unaab now Funaab cool cool

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Etumgbe(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
And they are now gathering in Benin to help fight robbers and kidnappers. Who will fight who?

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mine happened last year at Osasogie Uniben. My flat mates went to class to read..it was only me in the flat bt d lodge is an estate though... at abt 7pm,i heard a gun shot,sometin in me said i should lock my room door,immediately i locked ma door..i heard some guys knockin and discusing on my flat gate..i immediately knew dose where ORMILA boys..they kept knocking and i heard one of them saying" You sure say person dey house"the other one was like"person they we go break dis gate now" i immediately sent a text to a guy in d estate who within 15mins organized some cult boys to come to ma resue.The robbers just left when the cult guys came..They(cultist) were vry angry that dey didnt meet d theives..it was while d cultist were still outside my flat dat the GREAT NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE came..meenh i respected Police dat day ehn..dey began to shoot,they wasted roughly 50 bullets dat day..Even d cultist dat were gingering "were d thieves" hid in my room shivering like 5yrs old kids..The Police spent few hours guarding d estate before dey left.. I just Thank God that Day o

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
tonte:

So what then is NBM? And if all these people have killed many people does that make it right for you to belong to a group of killers too, and you are warning me to use my head like you can do anything to me if I don't

am telling to use ur head because we need to stop dis cult discussion ....
we r disturbing d peace of dis thread.

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nicepoker(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
presher: bros dem dey hustle
mods question this guy. He is a thief 4 sure

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Tgold1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
Linqsz:

am telling to use ur head because we need to stop dis cult discussion ....
we r disturbing d peace of dis thread.
gud boy, no casting.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Allurefunky(f): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
kingphemy: @OP You took me down memory lane. I knew that your hostel in Oke anu.

I stayed in one of the popular hostels in stadium then. Never an episode of robbery in my hostel while all the hostels in that side were not spared. I don't even locks my door. Even during the time of that mystical serial rapist, tombolo, that hostel is safe. Unfortunately all that change immediately I graduated.
good for you
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Tgold1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mine happened wen i was in 100level, OOU, I was scorting wid a friend in a 6 room hostel wen around 11pm.... Dey(thieve:cult) came in and started operatin, we were playin music @d peak of d volume, so we didnt notice till dey entered our room, then it dawned on my friend dat always make mouth to be a strong Man..... After taking phones 4rm oda students, dey nw bring all of them to our own room, meanwhile i was d only 1 they didnt got anytin 4rm....nt even ma phone *bt na unto say i be badoo(sharp guy)* then dey were lyk beatin me wen 1 of them stabbed me on d Lap,lyk seriously it didnt Enter (unto say i get ode eshi 4rm home sha).... So those guy cum vex say all of u dey do jazz abi??, and dey stabbed anoda person dat turn out to be my friend... Bt wen dey see blood, they Left, bt na after battering my life.......

Bt my friend send me packing bcoz i get ode eshi and he no get, and was stabbed coz of Me.... Bt thank God 4 God, He is nw staying in my own rum nw..*aint braging bt thanking God* #team2*1

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by lachill(m): 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ohibenemma: Funny but realistic. Mine happened in January, 2011.
We had graduated december 2010, but had to return to put finishing touches to our projects and submit them. Then, as school was yet to resume, we were only three students in a 16 roomed, all students "face me I face you" hostel - Elites Castle, Akungba. This created the confusion on who would lock the metal door leading to the passage as those who usually ensured that it was locked by 10pm were yet to resume. I retired early, around past 6 (the area was drab and devoid of activity already) or so and locked my own door. Expecting others to lock the main door later, I slept off. I was surprised to hear a bang on my door in my sleep and before I could make any sense of it, a torch was beamed on my face.
'Who be dat?' I growled, wondering who could have the audacity to enter my room uninvited.(I never permitted such over familiarity, not even from other housemates)
'Na your papa get the house, abi?' One of them replied, his tone heavilly accented.
Realisation dawned on me immediately that I had "night visitors".
'We be robbers, na your money we want.' The same voice added aFTER the other person had ordered me to lie face down. 'Where your money?' He asked next, while the second flashed his torch around.
'I no get money,' I replied, spying at them from the corner of my eye. I was trying to ascertain the extent to which they were armed, determined to stand up to them if there was no gun. One of them flashed a torch on the battle axe of the other, but I wasn't scared of that. They had to physically subdue me to successfully batter me with an axe, I told myself.
'You no get money, abi?' One of them said. 'You go get to treat yourself for hospital sha.'
I maintained my earlier stance, while still trying to size them up. I couldn't for everywhere was pitch dark, save for their torch flashes. Resigned to fate, I hoped they won't find the over 17k I had withdrawn the previous day to make some purchases, but continued arguing with them. One of them even kicked me at a point, making me wish for just a flash of light from PHCN. Then, they picked my slim Nokia Express Music which was still in vogue then and were about leaving when my next house neighbour, a fellow edolite, called my 2nd phone.(He'd wanted to inform me of the presence of robbers in the area, but was too late). They added the phone too and went out after hinting on my miserliness. Ten minutes later, I heard many voices enter my house - other students and policemen who had been alerted. It was too late. I looked around. Everything still seemed intact, television, DVD and CD player. Happy that only my phones were gone, I got up from the rug and made for my jean trouser in which my wallet was. I opened the wallet, but alas! It was empty. Now feeling very bad, I checked my table and met the thirty naira there gone too. Other items gone included a gold necklace of about 10k, my roll on, perfume, glasses and even my toothpaste. The only other room robbed belonged to PD STUDENT. He had only 70 naira, but they went away with his two new jean trousers and shirts with which he had hoped to announce his entry into 100level when school resumed.
We went with the policemen to the police station to write our statements...an exercise in futility, especially as we had to trek home.
Indigos
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Boll2010: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
On this same thread the robbers would be learning new skill! Victims skills.........n the robbers who carried out the operation on this thread would laugh n say GOOD JOBgringringrin

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Chartey(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
T gold: Mine happened wen i was in 100level, OOU, I was scorting wid a friend in a 6 room hostel wen around 11pm.... Dey(thieve:cult) came in and started operatin, we were playin music @d peak of d volume, so we didnt notice till dey entered our room, then it dawned on my friend dat always make mouth to be a strong Man..... After taking phones 4rm oda students, dey nw bring all of them to our own room, meanwhile i was d only 1 they didnt got anytin 4rm....nt even ma phone *bt na unto say i be badoo(sharp guy)* then dey were lyk beatin me wen 1 of them stabbed me on d Lap,lyk seriously it didnt Enter (unto say i get ode eshi 4rm home sha).... So those guy cum vex say all of u dey do jazz abi??, and dey stabbed anoda person dat turn out to be my friend... Bt wen dey see blood, they Left, bt na after battering my life.......

Bt my friend send me packing bcoz i get ode eshi and he no get, and was stabbed coz of Me.... Bt thank God 4 God, He is nw staying in my own rum nw..*aint braging bt thanking God* #team2*1
Are you really an undergraduate?

3 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Greaaat: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Linqsz: men run into una based on una Jewish nature#

Who be this man
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Boll2010: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
naturalwaves: If there is one thing I will everly be grateful for, it is studying and finishing from the kind of school I went to. A school where you can't even see two students fighting whether on campus or off campus talkless of being robbed. Through out my time, I didn't even hear or see that someone slapped another.
#Team Unaab now Funaab cool cool
old things v passed away bro......its now drop it like its hot......can't forget an area robbed for over 2months steadily whr u go close door for 8pm....but gracious God dem never meet me for house b4......n anywhr I go mak I jst dey comot mak dem come rob or as I enta dem jst rob......always lucky with God......at a time was a prime suspect brah!......tinz changed!!!!!!!
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Greaaat: 10:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
Linqsz:

who said anything about Blackaxe?

do u knw how many people;politicians,pastors,imams,civilians,etc has killed?

Dodo rima for you
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by sova(m): 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
survivin in sch was smth else,i rep IMSU,i graduated frm imsu last yr,if i enlist my encouter wt armed robbers, d whole space on naira land wont tk it. Imsu was smth else btw 2009-2011,i once lived in a notorious area calld bishop cout(garden hostel precisely)we harldy sleep at night.
dix niggiez rob us 3x a wk. dey rape our girls nd beat d guz.(MEN DON SHOW) meh its crazy. we had to tk d sch auditorium as our bedrum sleepin on benches.
movin out frm dat abode,i went to rent a befitin apartmnt at back gate(alvan hostel). my ppl,i nvr knew it was d begini of war. dem no born u wel mk u carry ur phone waka....diz boiz no snd u. dey rob at day light,just pray mk dem no jam u for rd.
well as omo jesu,i nvr fell a victim,bt my rumate does.dats life,sch no b beans.
IMSU IMSU IMSU, I hail u. Grt imo star
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Greaaat:

Dodo rima for you
YOU GUYS BETTER REPENT AND GIVE YOUR LIVES TO JESUS BEFORE ITS TO LATE..."THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMEST RIGHT UNTO A MAN BUT THE END IS DESTRUCTION

2 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Greaaat: 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
Osahon7: YOU GUYS BETTER REPENT AND GIVE YOUR LIVES TO JESUS BEFORE ITS TO LATE..."THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMEST RIGHT UNTO A MAN BUT THE END IS DESTRUCTION

Ok
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
Greaaat:

Who be this man

if u wn obs me reason me directly
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
Greaaat:

Dodo rima for you

aki I sight yuh#
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Wizkhalifa2(m): 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
arcbabe: Where is the Op na,abi sorry done finish? God will punish those robbers that stole my gen and dvd in kogi state university,it shall never be well with their miserable life...
God 4 bid... ur gen dan pack up. . come carry am jor.. b4 u day swear 4 us... ordinary 'I beta pass my neighbour' mtcheww!

2 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by RealChris(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hmmm... Deep breath...! First of all, let me thank God for my life and the life of others who did not waved good bye to mother earth from January to date in the hands of armed robbers... Mine happened early this year... January 13th, 2013 at Ozoro, Delta state. when everybody was shouting happy new year, devil wanted me to wave to mother earth at my tender age... I went to see give smone my room key and same time wait if our result will b pasted the following week cos I have already written my final exams... It was around 12 O'clock noon to 1:30pm, cant really remember the time, I was nt feeling too fine so i took sm meds and wanted to lay down when i heard from my neighbor who was a new intake "Bros I beg" I thought it was play bt after hearing it several times, then I come understand say e don happen, then I carried my mini laptop n my new nokia asha I bought previous week to my kitchen and locked myself inside cos there was no way i could run, the next thing I heard was BOOM! on my door, it was not locked n it just opened without stress, then one of them now said " You dey hide abi...?" they now matched my bathroom door, It was empty... then I was already half dead.. they now said again tht if I dont come out, they will shoot the kitchen door, then they started matching the kitchen door and I was supporting it with my hand inside, when they finally open it and I was trying to come out, they now shot me then my spirit come run live my body... I was down for some time I cant remember, Then God woke me up givin me a deep breath... I could only see and hear them faintly sayin where he fone and blood was just spillin from my hand like when you bite a pure water and press the sachet... they thought I was dead and they ran out very fast, after gainin sm strength, I got up and was calling for help, but the 2 new intake tht was in d hostel could not come out cos they hv heard a gun shot then I rush myself to d hospital.... at the end of the day I survived when pple think I will die and my whole body system is working fine... will upload sm picx later..... Glory b to God... God is Gr8, God is wonderful, God is Awesome... halleluya

18 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
siraj1402: Which side for stadium?Na for stadium Baptist Church I dey live before I graduated.

Na beside rehoboth hostel I dey stay. Security there still wapa. Na dis period bad gan o cuz project hold me bk 4 skul. Those wey dey under-g just dey complain about robbery almost evrytym.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Sugahylz(f): 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
RealChris: Hmmm... Deep breath...! First of all, let me thank God for my life and the life of others who did not waved good bye to mother earth from January to date in the hands of armed robbers... Mine happened early this year... January 13th, 2013 at Ozoro, Delta state. when everybody was shouting happy new year, devil wanted me to wave to mother earth at my tender age... I went to see give smone my room key and same time wait if our result will b pasted the following week cos I have already written my final exams... It was around 12 O'clock noon to 1:30pm, cant really remember the time, I was nt feeling too fine so i took sm meds and wanted to lay down when i heard from my neighbor who was a new intake "Bros I beg" I thought it was play bt after hearing it several times, then I come understand say e don happen, then I carried my mini laptop n my new nokia asha I bought previous week to my kitchen and locked myself inside cos there was no way i could run, the next thing I heard was BOOM! on my door, it was not locked n it just opened without stress, then one of them now said " You dey hide abi...?" they now matched my bathroom door, It was empty... then I was already half dead.. they now said again tht if I dont come out, they will shoot the kitchen door, then they started matching the kitchen door and I was supporting it with my hand inside, when they finally open it and I was trying to come out, they now shot me then my spirit come run live my body... I was down for some time I cant remember, Then God woke me up givin me a deep breath... I could only see and hear them faintly sayin where he fone and blood was just spillin from my hand like when you bite a pure water and press the sachet... they thought I was dead and they ran out very fast, after gainin sm strength, I got up and was calling for help, but the 2 new intake tht was in d hostel could not come out cos they hv heard a gun shot then I rush myself to d hospital.... at the end of the day I survived when pple think I will die and my whole body system is working fine... will upload sm picx later..... Glory b to God... God is Gr8, God is wonderful, God is Awesome... halleluya

Thabk God for your life bro

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 11:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
Dr Walter: As in it happened inside ur skul or offcampus?
Happened off campus. Lautech no build hostels for we o
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
Gudintent: I know I should not laugh but layi nd the 10 runz girls got me grin grin grin

'Ase ko ti e le' grin grin

Back to the topic, thank God you lived to tell the tale wink

I thank God really.. I pissed thosee guys off o seriously cuz dey knew I was keeping d nokia phn.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 11:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
Allurefunky: Mine was on feb 13, 2013 at aduin, ogbomoso. they collected our money, phones, laptops, beat up my boyfriend, even removed the flat screen tv from d wall. Those guys ruined my valentine.
Thaank God u weren't beaten or raped. Just 3 weeks ago, a female project student was raped.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Allurefunky: Mine was on feb 13, 2013 at aduin, ogbomoso. they collected our money, phones, laptops, beat up my boyfriend, even removed the flat screen tv from d wall. Those guys ruined my valentine.
Thaank God u weren't beaten or raped. Just 3 weeks ago, a female project student was raped at adenike
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by SugaryBelle(f): 12:02am On Oct 18, 2013
vcvibes: Mehn dey robbed me sote ah carry my last kobo vex go buy secondhand gun, before dem come go strike. Ah hope d tin Neva spoil 4 my room. You must have excess liver to live @upgate in ABSU
ehn ehn i go tell Ogbuagu.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 12:02am On Oct 18, 2013
victorv12: I can't stop laughing here...Wey Google and Dre?! I hope they're still in order?

Lol..Dre don finish skul tey tey. Google don become fellowship president.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by armadeo(m): 12:06am On Oct 18, 2013
Was actually robbed thrice while in school.

Ep1 bdpa benin: that night me and my roomies were just chiling, a friend of ours was leaving so we escorted him, on the way down the stairs the dude infront just turned and raced back. ( Dem no dey tell blind man say market empty)

we all followed suit ( na benin be this oh ), on getting back to the room we ran in and stupid us no one even locked the door.

This very tall dude walks in holding a pistol neat looking gun he stops when he sees the crowd of boys (like 8 dude, fellow compound mates as we all gathered gisting earlier on), he simply said ' I look una like guy men make nobody come out' and walks away, we rush to the window to look and see a police van from bdpa police station rolling down.

Opp my compound there's this huge house woith a convoluted fence a guy steps out from the shadows holding this rambo like gun and opens fire @ the cops ( these guns really bring out flames/sparks when fired).

Off course police ja!

The then entered their car a 504 and drove off slowly with some walking by the carm twas like a movie.

Those guys took some cash from others ( that time gsm and laptop neva commot). Thank God no one was harmed.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by armadeo(m): 12:06am On Oct 18, 2013
Ep2 was quite funny, me and roomy dead broke all we had was 30 bucks bread and 2 pure water.

We were cooking beans to eat with the bread no onions sef then they came ( note: same place as ep1).

We heard the sounds of doors being kicked in panick gripped us, the entire apt having a beany smell and my roomy calmy gets up, unlocks the door and opens it wide.

Are u mad I scremed in diisbelief as the first omila shows up. He is hesitant and we are hugging the floor, my roomy says to him
" Bros notin dey here na only beans dey fire, we no even get money to give carpenter repair door thaty why we jeje open am" bros abeg na beg we dey.

The guy just walks off.

When we were sure they had left as we jeje open door na so we jeje close door chop beans and bread go sleep.

We were the only ones to lock our door that night.

Repping B side greatest UNiBEN.

7 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 12:13am On Oct 18, 2013
emmahoney: yes in oke Anu, not Amazing grace restaurant in under G area. Are u new in Lautech. I am a lautech graduate, the guy is right.

Abeg help me tell am o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Catches Man Trying To Steal Tithe During Service / Lady In Search Of Brother Who Was Taken Away By SARS Operatives 7 Years Ago / Photos Of Police Manning Apogbon Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.