Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. (27787 Views)

Woman Attacked In Traffic By Arm Robbers At Iyana Iwori, Lagos (photos) / My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. / Heavy Gunshots In Lekki 1 As Police Battles With Armed Robbers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
ovember 6th 2007 would always be a comical and somehow queer moment to remember amongst the "then" occupants of Amazing Grace hostel at Oke-Anu Area of Lautech, Ogbomoso. It was the during the second semester holidays and I just started my pre-degree programme then. We were just 6 students around in the 10-room hostel (2 Pre-degree students and 4 stalites).
Nepa had messed up the previous evening..no light throughot that day. The hostel president "Dre" being a final year project student needed to submit his work to his supervisor the following day. Since nepa don f**k up, Dre had to put on his gen that night to type his last chapter before the next day. 100 naira was the last amount on me that night. So I bought fried fish and garri to take that night till 60naira remained.
Neigbours brought their phones to charge when Dre started his gen around 10pm. As usual, he puts on his sound system playing songs at a high volume while typing with less concern for the environment.

I had condemened my sagem phone for a nokia that previous day although the sagem phone still blinked lights by the side...so convincing to anyone else that it still worked fine.

I woke up around 2pm to change the nokia battery which was being charged by a desktop that had fancy lights. While studying for the GNS 001 test which was to hold the following week I heard a loud noise like that of large objects scattering.

Well...since music still played on in Dre's room, I thought it came from the songs he played. On a second thought, like in the hollywood movies, it could be different this time so I sprang up from bed and switched off the bulb in my popular "conference room" (the room was just very large) not knowing I was being watched from outside by the "big boys" since my hostel had no fence.
Dre's sound system went silent few seconds after. I could hear Niyi. a.k.a google (the other pre-deegree student) from the corridor where he was reading BIO-001 almost cursing Dre for scattering the room since they both stayed together. Just in milliiseconds, google went silent too without finishing a sentence. Really, that moment sooo opposed my thoughts about google since he was very humorous when he talked. Didn't even know what kind of inspiration that filled me, just took my nokia phone and dropped it deep inside a bag of elubo (yam flour). Since my door was locked, I peeped through my keyhole and saw movements in the corridor and it was just too obvious we were being robbed. Bang!! I heard "announcer's" door forced open, including pastor toye's door with just "one kick". The rate and depth of my breathing increased rapidly when one of the robbers approached my door. Bang! , my door no gree open o. Bang! Bang!! e still do agidi no gree open. I don dey already confident say dem no go see my door open.
"U beta open da door may we enter or else I go blow ur head wit dis gun o". Yepaa!! Saw a hand through my window pointing a gun aimlessly. I discovered he couldn't seee me in that dark room but he knew my door was the only one left to open. And then I thought again; if these guys finally get my door opened, hmmm...I'll be in real deep shit!. I summoned courage and opened it myself.
Immediately I opened my door, I was dragged to the corridor and told to lie flat facing the ground. "Wey your phone?, wey your laptop?" they shouted at me. In my mind I was saying "guys don't be dumb naa, haba..see large room, only cd player dey there with no speaker self, see GNS001 manual for my bed, see fresh and young face, u suppose sabi say I be pre-degree student naa and pd student no dey need laptop for now".
" I don't have a laptop" I told the two heavily built guys with hankerchiefs covering their noses and mouths. " Okay wey ur phone and money" I was asked again. I pointed my hand to the drawer where I kept the damaged sagem phone. Lucky me! the phone was still blinking that yellow light. So relieved I fooled this guys. One of the robbers found my wallet and still took the remaining 60naira. Haba!! I thought " na hungry robbers una be oo, even t-fare wey I go take reach atm go withdraw".
"Oya go lie down there" I was told.
Right in between pastor toye and google, I could hear murmurings.." Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I willl fear no evil..." Google ke? Psalm 23? I soooooo laughed in my imaginations, little did I know what was in stock for me.
Since it was my first experience, I didn't take it seriously that I had to face the ground. I was still staring around, watching how the doors of the other stalites who had travelled home were being kicked open. A more heavily built guy (guessed he was their leader, since he just held a gun and stayed at the far end of our corridor) noticed my stare.
"You no dey fear abi, ehn! U dey look face, u are a baaaaaastard" he shouted.
Mogbe! I should've faced the ground. As quick as those words jolted me back, he went for an object I didn't notice quickly until I was hit with it. Thank God it wasn't his gun, it was Dre's football boot. Nice robber I had thought. He hit my head many times sooo hard with the boot's spikes that I could only remember him cursing at the top of his voice and me screaming Jesus!
"Who get this nokia battery wey dey charge for desktop"! The light complexioned robber screamed.

Lobatan! "This guys go vex kill me today" I thought. As I was being dragged to my conference room again I was asked the same question. As quick as I was asked the question, under tension I stammered "K ! "
"Who be "K" he asked
"A guy staying at lakeside hostel" I lied.
Pointing a pistol that looks like that of James Bond in "live and let die", he said;
"Ehn, u go take us reach K house now"

"To ri olorun ki lo de naa" I said in my mind with sweats running over me.

While being dragged along wit them, I was begging one of the robbers holding my boxers. They recognized Layiwola's door at the BQ and decided to break in too. I saw how expertly these guys cut his net with some kinda sophisticated tools. And with one strong kick, the door swung open.

"Liverless layi wey sabi runz 10 girls in one week, a se oo ti e le" I thought.. He was alredy alert and lay facing the ground begging for his life. Our neigbour's phones were with him. He even told them to pack everything.
After much begging, I was ushered back 2 announcer's room where the others were locked and the door knob was electrified so we wouldn't try coming after them.

10 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Breezy90(m): 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
Oga cum finish dis tin*cary's plank*

3 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Amazing Grace in oke anu. Nawa o when e commot under G na

3 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by precioussage(m): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
ULSHERLAN: Amazing Grace in oke anu. Nawa o when e commot under G na
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
ULSHERLAN: Amazing Grace in oke anu. Nawa o when e commot under G na

Bros, e be lyk say u be fresher abi? Na one amazing u sabi 4 under-g be dat. Anyway ..the owner of d house self don convert d house to personal use come send us comot. Na stadium I dey live now. Amazing grace hostel dey oke-anu area beside a hospital
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 11:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Breezy90: Oga cum finish dis tin*cary's plank*

Chairman...I'll definitely finish it
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
I am a fresher in the lecturing field
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Lilaex: 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by DICKtator: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by venorite(m): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Lilimax(f): 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
grin grin Glad, you were not hurt.

Anwo ole, Ndi ojoo!
Hoping those robbers have turned a new leaf undecided
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nuvally: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
@Op na Emeka Ike u form that day o. Anyway, Nice write up.Hilarious Tho.

And this shouldn't 've made fp ryt?
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by pinky21(f): 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
No blood no death. U allow me dey read story. I tot its even a sweet robbery stort only an ekposki student can describe a real robbery for u

3 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by AkinDavid2: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
Still Reading

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by skyscraperTM(m): 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
gυγ cσm fiηish this thiηg ηαw. . .
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Businesslocator(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
Op ur oWn good!!my happened this year march 2013.
My room mate emeka and I where chillin in mama kelvin joint. Which was a store very close to my hostel her gen was on bcus had no light 4 weeks peeps in abraka no as e dey b!!
I was chargin my bold 2 and playing wining eleven wit my roomate emeka a guy from anoda hostel was watchin movie on his on system too.
Time was about 9.30pm normally we dey stay dere reach 11pm when the woman close.
As I was gaming with my roomie I suddenly felt an urge to sleep!!so I stood up and headed to my room giving instructions to my roomie to bring in my lapi and fone when e is coming in.
As I layed down to sleep na so I hear boom
As a sharp warri boy I knew 4 sure it was gun shot!
At first I thought they had come to rob our hostel!!so I got up ready to jumb over the fence and disappear!!
The next tin I hear was "make una come o dem don shoot me"
I listened again and recognised the voice it was my roomie!!
I was shocked seeing blood flow from his body!!
He was pleading for help!!
All my padi 4 hostel where busy locking their doors!!
At once I gathered liver and ran towards him and pulled his shirt and tied the wound!na so I shout 4 help o b4 people begin come out slowly!!
By then my lapi and bold2 along with my roomie fone and neighbour lapi don enter armed robber moto!!
We later went to the police station got a report then headed to the hospital!!
I swear that day na GOd save me o na me 4 collect that bullet o!!!
DELSU na 4 strong men o but I love them anyway!!!#team delsu

7 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
My hostel is in Adenike (school area) and those guys are wicked.
Mine happened last year and it wasn't funny, I got locked up inside my toilet after taking my laptop and two blackberry phones. They asked if I have ATM card, and I said yes but nothing dey inside my account, they emptied my wallet, he threatened to sleep in my room till dawn if I don't cooperate, got slapped twice because the guy thinks am a liar. *Abah! See thief calling me a liar* The guy flexed my BB for a week before selling it to a guy in Ilorin.

The funniest part is that, I was studying my bible when these guys came in, said my last prayer and wished I have written my will earlier that day. It was a very scary experience.

2 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Raymondfayowole(m): 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wow all dis story am hearin abt universities cultist,thieves,armed robbers,wicked lecturers all dis just scares me
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by damibravo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
The only advantage of living in "Takie"...... do i even have a door?

I wont be a victim of those hungry robbers IJN!

2 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by seedord247(m): 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yahoo Yahoo aint paying again.. so they gotta use the direct way. undecided

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Omo na Yoruba film be dis o... Bros abeg play CD 2 na..

2 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by damibravo(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Phder: My hostel is in Adenike (school area) and those guys are wicked.

adenike seems to be more safer to me than Under - G.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Tuntheycr7: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
Eyah
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by DrWalter: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
As in it happened inside ur skul or offcampus?
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Gee001: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
*grabs popcorn and a pack of juice* bros I take God beg Ʊ, slot in disc 2 abeg b4 my popcorn go finish.

5 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Sageez(m): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm booked
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by ifyalways(f): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Thank God no life was lost.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by otijah(m): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ok @op nicw write up. Next topic plsssss
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by siraj1402(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
deeoneX:

Bros, e be lyk say u be fresher abi? Na one amazing u sabi 4 under-g be dat. Anyway ..the owner of d house self don convert d house to personal use come send us comot. Na stadium I dey live now. Amazing grace hostel dey oke-anu area beside a hospital
Which side for stadium?Na for stadium Baptist Church I dey live before I graduated.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by iamswizz(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
29th to comment

2 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
damibravo:

adenike seems to be more safer to me than Under - G.
Not really, or probably when school is in session, Adenike is safe, but during holidays and weekend, no be small thing o. Even though we're paying substantial amount of money for housing (mine equates to my school fee) there is no security.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
bros dem dey hustle

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" / Defilement: Baba Ijesha May Be Released On Friday – Police / EFCC Invades OOU, FUNAAB, MAPOLY, Abducts Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.