Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. (27764 Views)

Woman Attacked In Traffic By Arm Robbers At Iyana Iwori, Lagos (photos) / My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. / Heavy Gunshots In Lekki 1 As Police Battles With Armed Robbers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Sugahylz(f): 12:23am On Oct 18, 2013
How do I even strt narrating my own experience in IMSU! My first encounter with armed robbers was in 2011, they envaded my hostel at Mbonu ojike street. These pple plan for us no b sml...they robbed both the main building n boys quaters of my lodge that night.
I was happily sleeping dt nyt wen I heard ds loud noise, infact I told myslf "they re here!" Call me smart or anytn u like buh next thing I did was to hide my nokia c3 (was still pretty new then oh) in d toilet (my room ws a self-con). I as well hid d little money I had on me (6k) under my foam n brought out my worn-out motorola flip up...I was willing to let go of dt one (mind u I did all ds in not more dan 2 minutes). I strted waking my roomate who was still deep asleep , it took a lil effort to mk her understnd wat was actually going on and she being a drama queen made d dumbest move (I suppose out of fear sha) she tried opening our door to escape to only God knows where!
Sha I succeeded in dragging her back into d room (and mind u, all ds were hapnin in very short peroid of time oh).
Well with jst a kick, d hoodlums welcomed themselves into our room, I surrendered all which I was willing to give (in fear tho) and was told to lie on my stomach. Roomie had it rily hot dat nyt cos up till now, I still wonder y ds particular guy kept beating her! Even after she had surrendered more than I did. My people, that experience wasn't funny at all...this was an incident dat even attracted our then VC (prof B E B Nwoke) to my hostel...condolence visit tins.
And did I mention dat one of our hostel boys was shot dt nyt too!

My second experience still happened in IMSU...along dt imsu primary sch gate path, some I.d.iots cornered my frnd n I and obtained our fones. This one happened ds year, MAY precisely Just b4 d on-going ASUU strike.

Its just too bad, u just can't move freely in most of these streets wea students reside cos of bad boys. sad

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 12:29am On Oct 18, 2013
crystalsaint: Happened to me when i was in OOU...they collected my siemen phone....one of them slapped me when he checked the trousers i was putting on and found 10#...i was so scared...they stole my tin tomato,garri and maggi.

Na hungry robbers dis ones be o. Dem no ask for pot of soup?
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 18, 2013
brainpulse: Funny, your naration was humorous. Mine happened at the then Garden of Eden hostel around Pacific Hostel opposite Soun High school (forgot the area) ogbomosho, 12 years ago. One was caught and was delt with.

Kuye, stadium side.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 12:58am On Oct 18, 2013
Despite walking to owode police post early that morning, we were only told to write out the list of things that were stolen including their cost. Me self write say dem steal my sagem phone worth 20k. Summarily, those guys cut dre's net while he was listening to music and he didn't even notice their movements at all. They jupmed in so fast and pointed a gun at him that he couldn't escape even though he tried.
We had to break another door open to go out. Some detectives came around that morning, just inspected the environment and gave us lectures on how to be safe from these robbers.

Na God o...I no go try dat kind stuffz wit them if such an encounter repeats itself. Na book dem send me come read 4 skul, no be action film
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 18, 2013
crystalsaint: Happened to me when i was in OOU...they collected my siemen phone....one of them slapped me when he checked the trousers i was putting on and found 10#...i was so scared...they stole my tin tomato,garri and maggi.
those ones are poor o....
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 18, 2013
2-3 weeks ago a car was snatched at gun point on Under G road
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Ohibenemma(m): 5:31am On Oct 18, 2013
lachill:
Indigos
Spot on! Told the policemen so, but they refused to accept it. Their accent was just too slanted for students.
*INDIGO* U skul for Adekunle Michael Jackson? Haven't heard that term for quite a while now.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Princeparix(m): 7:02am On Oct 18, 2013
SugaryBelle: ehn ehn i go tell Ogbuagu.
im no go do anytin. We don even disown am

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Joshrob(m): 7:57am On Oct 18, 2013
Businesslocator: Op ur oWn good!!my happened this year march 2013.
My room mate emeka and I where chillin in mama kelvin joint. Which was a store very close to my hostel her gen was on bcus had no light 4 weeks peeps in abraka no as e dey b!!
I was chargin my bold 2 and playing wining eleven wit my roomate emeka a guy from anoda hostel was watchin movie on his on system too.
Time was about 9.30pm normally we dey stay dere reach 11pm when the woman close.
As I was gaming with my roomie I suddenly felt an urge to sleep!!so I stood up and headed to my room giving instructions to my roomie to bring in my lapi and fone when e is coming in.
As I layed down to sleep na so I hear boom
As a sharp warri boy I knew 4 sure it was gun shot!
At first I thought they had come to rob our hostel!!so I got up ready to jumb over the fence and disappear!!
The next tin I hear was "make una come o dem don shoot me"
I listened again and recognised the voice it was my roomie!!
I was shocked seeing blood flow from his body!!
He was pleading for help!!
All my padi 4 hostel where busy locking their doors!!
At once I gathered liver and ran towards him and pulled his shirt and tied the wound!na so I shout 4 help o b4 people begin come out slowly!!
By then my lapi and bold2 along with my roomie fone and neighbour lapi don enter armed robber moto!!
We later went to the police station got a report then headed to the hospital!!
I swear that day na GOd save me o na me 4 collect that bullet o!!!
DELSU na 4 strong men o but I love them anyway!!!#team delsu
Them collect me for G.U hostel river road for abraka too 3 years ago. them even shoot my leg miss. When I leave abk enter Oleh, I think say things done soft but na the worst place i go enter. For oleh no student arm robber wey dey pity boys o. Na strong rubbers wey dey fit run bank they there. There guns na die, dem dey run anywhere even inside sch self no safe. If you do anyhow,you go collect wella. But things are better now with army and mopol everywhere
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by ugoboss26(m): 7:59am On Oct 18, 2013
Businesslocator: Op ur oWn good!!my happened this year march 2013.
My room mate emeka and I where chillin in mama kelvin joint. Which was a store very close to my hostel her gen was on bcus had no light 4 weeks peeps in abraka no as e dey b!!
I was chargin my bold 2 and playing wining eleven wit my roomate emeka a guy from anoda hostel was watchin movie on his on system too.
Time was about 9.30pm normally we dey stay dere reach 11pm when the woman close.
As I was gaming with my roomie I suddenly felt an urge to sleep!!so I stood up and headed to my room giving instructions to my roomie to bring in my lapi and fone when e is coming in.
As I layed down to sleep na so I hear boom
As a sharp warri boy I knew 4 sure it was gun shot!
At first I thought they had come to rob our hostel!!so I got up ready to jumb over the fence and disappear!!
The next tin I hear was "make una come o dem don shoot me"
I listened again and recognised the voice it was my roomie!!
I was shocked seeing blood flow from his body!!
He was pleading for help!!
All my padi 4 hostel where busy locking their doors!!
At once I gathered liver and ran towards him and pulled his shirt and tied the wound!na so I shout 4 help o b4 people begin come out slowly!!
By then my lapi and bold2 along with my roomie fone and neighbour lapi don enter armed robber moto!!
We later went to the police station got a report then headed to the hospital!!
I swear that day na GOd save me o na me 4 collect that bullet o!!!
DELSU na 4 strong men o but I love them anyway!!!#team delsu

Abeg na which area for abk make I avoid am?....so the fine boys even get mind dey shoot nowadays??...something similar happened in benbo...during this strike..the victim's face was shattered..heard she is recovering at UBTH.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by BossLadyDiana(f): 8:01am On Oct 18, 2013
Chartey:
Are you really an undergraduate?
As in eh d situation is critical, I thought I was the only one observing this
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by ugoboss26(m): 8:02am On Oct 18, 2013
Raymondfayowole: Wow all dis story am hearin abt universities cultist,thieves,armed robbers,wicked lecturers all dis just scares me

Omo na naija u dey...insecurity is the order of day.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by PurestBoy(m): 8:24am On Oct 18, 2013
Daniluv2k4: who told u say adenife is more safe dan under-g?
i rep agbeke hostel in underg til nw

I once knacked a girl in that hostel in her room, that was around 2007 I was in 300L
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2013
Cousim: 2-3 weeks ago a car was snatched at gun point on Under G road

Those guys should know themselves. No be so dem dey rob others too
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by deeoneX(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2013
PurestBoy:

I once knacked a girl in that hostel in her room, that was around 2007 I was in 300L

Bros! Ur username is just an irony of ur real self I tink. Badoo.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2013
Linqsz:

if them say make ur bf go join KUSH nw u go dey complain!!...
shey u dn c d effect#

#TeamNbm

Nbm my fooooot, e nor beta make dem beat am dan make dem cum shoot am for head? 9ja nd vioolence sha

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by temisukanmi(f): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2013
iamswizz: 29th to comment
Bros are you for real?
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2013
Oou den was a no go area for the faint hearted. Ryt inside d campus ur fone or files wld be collected by dem big bros and u will b told to com and bail it later.
When i first resumed schoolin i landed among some eiye guys in my hall who immediately took an interest in me They had to rat me immediately.
My first day of enterin d skul, abusi campus there was news of freshers bn "obtained" of their possessions.
as i was comin bak there was ds tall guy called "agali" who always walks wt a golf stick sharpened at d end by d skul gate callin me. I knew wat he wanted so i quickly called a bikeman sat on it buh d bikeman was beggin me to answer agali first bcuz he didnt want agali's trouble. I ran inside d campus, he followed me. I was panickin inside buh my facial expression was kinda cool. I was just lookin for a familiar face dat cld help me and since i was a fresher i got none. I knew d gate/security man cldnt help cuz he was there nd he didnt even say a thing.
Afta a while i tot i lost him so i was makin my way back to d gate when i suddenly saw d rest of agali's crew waitin 4me by d gate. I looked bak nd i also saw agali's comin behind me wt a wicked smirk on his face. Talk of stuck btwn d devil nd d deep sea.
I jst ran back to him sayin "bros, i swear i no know nah u dey cal me." he was jst lyk "e be lyk u don dey mad abi" he ordered me to pay for two crates of beer 1st nd i only had #30 wt me.
Then i suddenly rmbr dat i saw him yesterday wen we went to buy weed and he clawed nd covered for my gf (signs of respect for seniority) who bought him two wraps. I was not really O.T wise den so i jst said "bros, dat elebe ***** hs name ****** dat bought weed for u yesterday was my elder bruh.
He cooled down instanta, started callin me his boy while also blamin me for not sayin dat in d 1st place. We got along really well afta dat and i evn had to b d chief negotiator for lyk 5 of my coursemates whose bags and files were seized den by agali.

3 Likes

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by temisukanmi(f): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2013
tellwsdom: And you think i would read this??...Well, i saw Lautech. Very poor boi. angry Or you dont have money to go to a better school??
What are you saying?
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by udysweet(f): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2013
Mine hapnd bak in 2008,at Sabo area,Auchipoly(knwn for its notoriety bt cos I cldnt secure admision on tim,hostels were alrdy tkn up)Vry unlik me who normaly sleeps off witout locking my door,I woke up for no reason and bolted my door.Arnd 4:45 I startled out of bed by a sound.I ddnt gt wat was hapening until I heard sounds of"oya knock d door" and dat was it.I died dat nite,lmao!D rate at wch my heart was beating I felt d robber(s) wil hia outside.Then silence,I quikly went to put off my sound system cos its lite were right in my face.Then I sold jewely and stuf(not gold o) in school.And I had over 20k my own gold chains I wear,note d 20k was borrowd frm my broda and I had sold enof to pay bak,pland on aying to his acct.My mind was racing,fast I took my nokia 6300 then very new,hid it under my rug and was checkin it if ddnt swell,lol!then my oda 6070 I placd on d table for dem to see.D 22k(yes I had 2' of mine) was stuffed insid my foam.and d jewlry in my bag of fudstuff waiting for dem.By nw dey had gon ito d next room bus d door open and stole fones frm two young girls and d price money dey got frm a footbal competion dey won d nite b4.And here I was stil waiting for dem....

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by udysweet(f): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2013
Unknown to me I had sent an sms to my next door neighbor askin her if she is ok,ddnt knw it was d fone robbers went away wit. Infact I ddnt open my door til 7am wen my cosmate ran dwn crying to my place,only to see me emerge frm my room intact hahaha!My saving grace?My neighbor(queensly)whose room was entered into tru d ceiling frm d bathroom of d hostel,was d1 used in gaining access to pple's room. So wen she got to mine(sharp girl) she quikly rememberd I sold stuff and might hav som money at home,she quikly told d lone robber(who acted lik his coligs were arnd) dat my husby(watever gav her dat idea cos I ddnt evn hav a man at dat tim comin to see me and dey dnt knw my status) was arnd o,dat he jus came!I ddnt evn hai al dis convo at my door o cos my heartbeat then had drained all oda sounds,lmao!omo na so d babe tak save me frm wat wld hav been a distater cos na my dwn below I dey fear fro pass,mak pesn no com sample my marketits was later we knw it was a lone rubber armed wit a 7up bottle under his shirt makin it look lik gun,kai we for don rush am if to say we knw,as na only ladies dey arnd den. And wat I did? Made a wonderful dish of edgikang ikong soup and akpu for dat babe wh risked her neck to save a sister,sotay evn gav me imaginary "husband" hahahahahhahahah

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 18, 2013
udysweet: Unknown to me I had sent an sms to my next door neighbor askin her if she is ok,ddnt knw it was d fone robbers went away wit. Infact I ddnt open my door til 7am wen my cosmate ran dwn crying to my place,only to see me emerge frm my room intact hahaha!My saving grace?My neighbor(queensly)whose room was entered into tru d ceiling frm d bathroom of d hostel,was d1 used in gaining access to pple's room. So wen she got to mine(sharp girl) she quikly rememberd I sold stuff and might hav som money at home,she quikly told d lone robber(who acted lik his coligs were arnd) dat my husby(watever gav her dat idea cos I ddnt evn hav a man at dat tim comin to see me and dey dnt knw my status) was arnd o,dat he jus came!I ddnt evn hai al dis convo at my door o cos my heartbeat then had drained all oda sounds,lmao!omo na so d babe tak save me frm wat wld hav been a distater cos na my dwn below I dey fear fro pass,mak pesn no com sample my marketits was later we knw it was a lone rubber armed wit a 7up bottle under his shirt makin it look lik gun,kai we for don rush am if to say we knw,as na only ladies dey arnd den. And wat I did? Made a wonderful dish of edgikang ikong soup and akpu for dat babe wh risked her neck to save a sister,sotay evn gav me imaginary "husband" hahahahahhahahah

so because she said u were wit ur husband the thief didn't rob yuh?
how real z that?

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by udysweet(f): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2013
Linqsz:

so because she said u were wit ur husband the thief didn't rob yuh?
how real z that?
U ddnt get? D guy was a lone rubber witout any meaningful weapon save for d concealed seven up bottle he made to luk lik gun. Wen he ddnt knw wat he was up against if he evntually enterd into d room to meet dis my "hubby" if na u nko,u for try am?lol! Let's jus say it was God at work cos I stil dnt knw hw it hapnd. D babe sef wey scale fence afta d tif enta d next room

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2013
udysweet:
U ddnt get? D guy was a lone rubber witout any meaningful weapon save for d concealed seven up bottle he made to luk lik gun. Wen he ddnt knw wat he was up against if he evntually enterd into d room to meet dis my "hubby" if na u nko,u for try am?lol! Let's jus say it was God at work cos I stil dnt knw hw it hapnd. D babe sef wey scale fence afta d tif enta d next room

oh! made sense now.
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by PurestBoy(m): 11:53am On Oct 18, 2013
deeoneX:

Bros! Ur username is just an irony of ur real self I tink. Badoo.

Lol, na adventure thinza, the girl was in 100L then and had to ordered her PDites roommates out to give us privacy. Besides I was a club boy (PF) since 2004 while in 100L. Yahoo yahoo was just starting in schl then so you could know the diff between big boys and yahoo boys. I lived in Amazing hostel Adenike during PD when it was just a single block, Omolola hostel Adenike during 100L and Chalet hostel tilli grad. I experience any robbery then unlike my friends in their diff hostels esp Peace & Love Adenike. Bro Odun was my agent then, Blade Ayeni, late Prof Ayeni's boy is a friend, don't know if Dapnij hairdresser is still there & Pioneer viewing centre cos I heard the gentle owner died. Risky indomie seller nko and Wasiu selling mobile accessories? I knacked too much and everyone knew me as a womanizer then. Once the girls that hate me got knacked once we're in contact.

1 Like

Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by Tgold1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
Chartey:
Are you really an undergraduate?
meaning wat?
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by ayili: 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
ahh.... reading peoples experience I thank God for mine oh.. dat nite I slept off while watching a movie (with my next door neighbor ) on my lapy. when d guy finished watching he woke me to say he was leaving, as sleep hold me I reluctantly pushed the door and off light... later around 3.am na im I hear person dey call me say "hey stand up and give me dat thing" cos my lapy stiil dey open but d guy no gree make I open eye as him dey shine one bright touch put for my face (thru window) .. for my mind I reason say which kind thing be dis na so I carry my touch wey dey my bed side flash him eyes too (there I saw he was holding a matchet.) omoh... my eye clear sharply I stand up carry my self made sword that I made during I.T (mechanical boi).... as him see ma sword na so him begin call him collleague to bring the gun .. na there my body shake oh.. but I still quickly go bolt the door join meanwhile ola and his roomate where awake & their door was open and when dey heard shout from another room? they came out to see whats happening but when they saw gun dem pick race oh.. (ola roomate left barefooted with just boxer &singlet and he didn't come back until around 12:30 the next afternoon)... this my next door neighbor submitted his final project that day and was to travel the next day, when he heard the shout him too want open door but as he saw matchet he was not told to lock back his door.. dis guys come face my door oh... say na me get mind to carry weapon at dem come the use matchet cut down my door after several attempts to kick it down omoh... I fear find coner wey bullet no go follow me reach hide oh. thanks to ola that ran off and called for help oh I for die dat night (if those guys brought down my door) na so vigilant guys come catch one of the bad guys oh... but when I saw how they use matchet half one of the vigilante face ehh.. na there fear hold me
I will never try dat kind stunts with them bad guys again
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by lachill(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ohibenemma:
Spot on! Told the policemen so, but they refused to accept it. Their accent was just too slanted for students.
*INDIGO* U skul for Adekunle Michael Jackson? Haven't heard that term for quite a while now.
Yea, did PD,100 nd part 200l. Left cos of ASUU tho...I miss that village nd my street AQUA qtrs
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by haulagehandlers(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
Linqsz:

if them say make ur bf go join KUSH nw u go dey complain!!...
shey u dn c d effect#

#TeamNbm

Them go still catch you...forking
Re: My First Encounter With Armed Student Robbers At School. by skoloppy31(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
PurestBoy:

Lol, na adventure thinza, the girl was in 100L then and had to ordered her PDites roommates out to give us privacy. Besides I was a club boy (PF) since 2004 while in 100L. Yahoo yahoo was just starting in schl then so you could know the diff between big boys and yahoo boys. I lived in Amazing hostel Adenike during PD when it was just a single block, Omolola hostel Adenike during 100L and Chalet hostel tilli grad. I experience any robbery then unlike my friends in their diff hostels esp Peace & Love Adenike. Bro Odun was my agent then, Blade Ayeni, late Prof Ayeni's boy is a friend, don't know if Dapnij hairdresser is still there & Pioneer viewing centre cos I heard the gentle owner died. Risky indomie seller nko and Wasiu selling mobile accessories? I knacked too much and everyone knew me as a womanizer then. Once the girls that hate me got knacked once we're in contact.
dapnij still dey, dokpesi stil dey, ekesfure stil dey
bro odun ah dat man na wich if owe am house rent..
risky dey
wasse dey
cissero dey

u rep.....
intimidation we condone not... stil knacking dey go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady In Search Of Brother Who Was Taken Away By SARS Operatives 7 Years Ago / Photos Of Police Manning Apogbon Bridge / Car Wash Attendant Kills Student Over Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.