Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why (21475 Views)

Women With Rich Husbands Have Stronger Orgasm –study / Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play / High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by joeekuns(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
@Drbaby Nice one really....we ought to show these people we are not inferior.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Donmichaelz(m): 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
What is bullying?
#maclatunji - 1 month ban

#ijebaby- 2 weeks ban

# afam4ever - 2 weeks ban 3 times in 4 month

#sexkillz- 1 week ban

........wat more is bullying?

1 Like

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by joeekuns(m): 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
demelza: Bullying is not new to the african child. Right from birth, they have been bullied in all manner of ways by their parents under the guise of discipline.
No bullying that a child receives outside can be compared to the one he faces inside his house from his parents which is why things like this dont faze us.
Besides bullying na turn by turn. You do your worst now, when my time reach I do my own. God no go vex.

I support you...the discipline we get from home does prepare us for things outside and that's where the american child misses out cos it's against their law to physically discipline a child and now the ill effect is evident in their lives whereby a kid has no respect for his elders and can literarily walk out on you, scream at you and even leave the house with the parent being unable to do anything.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Shalome(m): 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Makes me remember when I was in secondary school,it was an all boys school,see as them dey always bully me say my neck long like chicken,if day break like this fear go don grip me say school things today o...chineke meh...em bully me sotey I go dey cry like small pikin...if I tackle one e go get supporter...yoruba people can whine,omo igbo omo igbo and I no be igbo sef...racism dey this country man...but all those experiences don turn me thrash talker of the highest order,if u jam talk for my side I go use yab finish your life,your self esteem go drop like beans wey don rotten
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by redsun(m): 12:07am On Oct 18, 2013
It does no actually make african children stronger per say,it subdues them mentally.That is why you have suppose grown adults running after thieves like tinibu as leaders.They have no mental capability to differentiate between right and wrong,because they have been so bullied to accept anything as children and given no chance to put their initiatives in play.

3 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by oraclefemi(m): 12:09am On Oct 18, 2013
Suicide because of text message ? Haba that's a weak person though I know it's wrong to judge but sometimes these story can't relate to the African child . The mental training we get is intense and it makes us stronger . Bully me and I won't go home with tears cause my folks will send me back to go smack the bully or no dinner for me that's if they don't beat me for coming home like that! No it didn't stigmatize me before you holier than thou come here ranting. It made me learn to be strong physically and emotionally. My brother never bully me finish na text message go come make me commit suicide Abeg Comot jare
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by oraclefemi(m): 12:18am On Oct 18, 2013
No matter what it turns us into we don't commit suicide . It's not in our DNA to toy with our lives because of flimsy excuses , we Neva die because of money na txt message bullying go come kill man this topic don dey vex me. If my kid comes home with a black eye il give him another and send his bum back out there so that his fear of what I will do to him will overshadow the fear of his bullies and he can stand his ground or better still I enroll him in a karate class . I'm not going to preach to him about being a gentleman all the time otherwise he will end up being a beechy kind of man . If he smacks u smack him back if his parents come call me il come smack them too. If you're from a posh home and all that pls ignore my post my ghetto people know what I mean and it worked for us

3 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by macof(m): 12:30am On Oct 18, 2013
Kanwulia: Because NIGERIAN KIDS love aggression! THEY WERE CONCEIVED, BORN AND RAISED WITH AGGRESSION!!!! kiss

AFRICAN KIDS ARE BATTLING HUNGER AND POVERTY!!! kiss
No ELECTRICITY. . . .SHYTTING IN BUSHES AND WIPING THEIR AZZZES WITH ELEPHANT GRASSES!!!!

You wanno bully JUNGLE BUNNIES OF AFRICA? grin

Ha! Make NL gang try dem luck ke!
We go see who go COMMIT SUICIDE F'O'RST! grin
Mu che che che che che che che!!!

Such a beautiful girl. . .bullied by extremely UGLY AND HATEFUL CREATURES ONLINE?

She must have lived a very sheltered life. . . . cry

E BADU E BELLE AND E JOLOSI FULL ONLINE I SWEAR! ALL BECAUSE OF CYBER BLOKOS!!! TUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIAKWA!!!! cry

The fate of little girls WHO GREW UP WITHOUT FATHERS AT HOME!!! OR IN POLYGAMOUS RANCHES ALL OVER AFRICA!!! LIKE ONE NAIRALANDER IN THIS FAMILY SECTION THAT JUST COMMITTED SUICIDE BECAUSE OF PEHNIS ON NL. . . TUFIAAAAAAKWA TO THE HIGHEST POWER!!!!! kiss

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! TRY YA LUCK. . . .MU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA UNA GO QUENCH ONE BY ONE. . . GUARANTEED!!! cool

Senseless comment
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 18, 2013
stillwater: The society is different. Our experiences are too. Even church is different. The longer you stay abroad, your emotions start getting softer too and forget A is Z to us. grin It's only murder or death that gets an expressive response from us. Then you would see Africans rolling on the floor. You are only celebrated when you die in your violent husband's house than when you divorce him. There are millions of girls in Nigeria that have been raped that just picked up their underwear and went on as if nothing happened. They only feel shame and do not feel that there's an injustice that has been done to them. Take the ABSU rape victim for example. What dignity that woman is protecting is beyond every single brain cell in my head. I'm still annoyed about that incident. See the poverty in Nigeria, and we say we have a government. We are not in touch with our emotional side. We have been desensitized to hurt, pain, wickedness, dejection, hate, strife, and helplessness by the biggest bully on earth - the Nigerian government. We have been trained very very well in a concentration camp Nigerian style. We hardly commit suicide but show our fruits in other flamboyant styles like fraud, crime, prostitution, aggression and the incessant need to loot and loot and loot.

I completely disagree with you. Its quite funny to claim that the reason nigerian's are much tougher emotionally is because we have been bullied and beaten down by the government and the society. There are far so many factors and top of them is:

1. The complete and utter lack of a line of authority in American schools. Children here are able to say and do things that we would have found unthinkable as kids... we had teachers and parents to fear... in the US they fear nothing.

2. Proliferation of social media - unlike 1992, kids in schools today spend more than 90% of their time behind a screen of some kind. Nairaland is an example of how being able to hide behind a screen can turn a timid mouse into the loudest lion. Children in the US no longer have the opportunities we had to play outside and TRULY socialize with their friends and neighbours. Today it is all about how many likes you can garner on facebook and how many followers you have on twitter. Back in the day we had REAL friends, today American kids have lists of faceless goons.

3. Medication - As a kid, the only drugs i knew were panadol and chloroquine. Today our kids are drugged up from birth till death. Why wont their brain chemistry be different?

4. Glorification of suicide victims - A kid kills himself and what does the American society do? Plaster their photos all over, hold 1000-man candle-light vigils while calling them the meekest lambs on earth (even by those who only knew them as a screen name). Unfortunately, US kids have learnt that one of the best ways to gain notoriety is to kill yourself. In naija, the mere fear of bringing shame to your family by killing yourself is enough deterrent.

Lastly, before we start spouting away thoughtlessly, let us take a trip down memory lane just 50 yrs ago. How many american kids were killing themselves then? Where was the bullying? Was the country beating down their psyche then?

9 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by macof(m): 12:40am On Oct 18, 2013
Rastamann: It is a reflection of the kind of society we live in. In Nigeria, life is valueless but in the USA life has lots and lots of value. If you even attempt to commit suicide in the USA, you will be charges for attempting to take someone's life but in Nigeria it is business as usual.

Shuttup have you been to USA before? You would be charged? Isn't it rehab and counseling courses you would undertake?
Better be sure of wat you say here on NL
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Desloaaa(f): 12:55am On Oct 18, 2013
hustla: Everything works for them..that's why they have time to think about what someone said to diss them...
They posted something on Facebook ...Se Nigeria wey your internet slow you go use dey check what one mumu said about you? That's if there's even light...generator noise here and there...food sef never sure for you. mosquito still dey find you come for Night o...
Or Na person wey Comot house since 5Am reach house 11PM go get time? Person wey holdup for third mainland bridge don almost kill am go get time?

Worst come to worst I go settle some agberos make them help me deal with them.
Nigerians have developed thick skin to a lot of things..we don take am as part of life and you have to stand up for yourself

Dazzal
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!....O boy!,dis made my day!.Na real over feeding dey worry dem
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by redsun(m): 12:57am On Oct 18, 2013
Can a true born african can ever be medically depressed?When from birth his/her has been embodied in depression.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 18, 2013
hustla: Everything works for them..that's why they have time to think about what someone said to diss them...
They posted something on Facebook ...Se Nigeria wey your internet slow you go use dey check what one mumu said about you? That's if there's even light...generator noise here and there...food sef never sure for you. mosquito still dey find you come for Night o...
Or Na person wey Comot house since 5Am reach house 11PM go get time? Person wey holdup for third mainland bridge don almost kill am go get time?

Nigerians have developed thick skin to a lot of things..we don take am as part of life and you have to stand up for yourself

Dazzal

Bros na you biko
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Deschil: 1:15am On Oct 18, 2013
It is not the same thing my dear. The bullying in Western schools is designed to break/destroy your spirit. In Africa its just kids being kids. Even hardened African kids will hardly survive Western bullying. Do not pray to experience it. These kids have given their souls to the devil-knowingly or unknowingly...
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Deschil: 1:19am On Oct 18, 2013
You people do not understand. It is a different form of bullying; African kids cannot even begin to think up what these kids say/do to other kids. We are not capable of such heartlessness...
Chanchit: Anybody that commits suicide because he/she is been bullied do not deserve to live in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by infonubia(m): 1:42am On Oct 18, 2013
Deschil: It is not the same thing my dear. The bullying in Western schools is designed to break/destroy your spirit. In Africa its just kids being kids. Even hardened African kids will hardly survive Western bullying. Do not pray to experience it. These kids have given their souls to the devil-knowingly or unknowingly...
You've raised a valid point. What constitutes bullying? Is bullying in the western world significantly different from bullying in Africa?
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by iahmed(m): 1:51am On Oct 18, 2013
The hardship in this country in itself is a bully, yet we are surviving, what other form of bully would kill us.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Deschil: 1:53am On Oct 18, 2013
YES, YES & YES!!! I gave up when I saw the posts on here! It is NOT the same thing...how many of you have had naked pictures of yourself posted on Facebook and twitter and had everyone in your school see them and burst into laughter as you walked into school That is a simple example of the KIND of bullying that goes on...
infonubia:
You've raised a valid point. What constitutes bullying? Is bullying in the western world significantly different from bullying in Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 18, 2013
Deschil: YES, YES & YES!!! I gave up when I saw the posts on here! It is NOT the same thing...how many of you have had naked pictures of yourself posted on Facebook and twitter and had everyone in your school see them and burst into laughter as you walked into school That is a simple example of the KIND of bullying that goes on...

that isnt bullying, that is irresponsible behavior coupled with severe lack of parental supervision. When we were that age, we couldnt even dream of owning a cell phone.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Ishilove: 2:17am On Oct 18, 2013

Dazzal
You have said it all. Those oyibo kids are over-fed, over-pampered and over-protected. No spine at all.

Bully ke? You dare not, not with parents like mine. Its matter of my dad driving my entire family to the all the bully's houses one by one and holding a meeting with their parents. My parents would simply warn them to stay away from me, otherwise they would not be responsible for what would happen to them if they didn't cease the bullying immediately.

That is the Nigerian style I was raised with. Communal ways of doing things grin. Gbogbo ebi to the rescue cheesy
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by kflexxy(m): 2:29am On Oct 18, 2013
Deschil: It is not the same thing my dear. The bullying in Western schools is designed to break/destroy your spirit. In Africa its just kids being kids. Even hardened African kids will hardly survive Western bullying. Do not pray to experience it. These kids have given their souls to the devil-knowingly or unknowingly...

HEY!! Hold It Right There, what is different about bulling in Africa & The Whites..
The truth is right from childhood we are bullied by our parent,in my area you see children running away from home why "because My Mother will beat me" isn't that right, or you talk abt the house-help or maid..
Even in my days of secondary school, I was very short and dat made most of my closest folks (the ones that use to bully me back then because of my height).. Talk abt my teachers dey also contributed to the bully but I didn't take it as bullying.. Infact I took as a normal thing to occur in every growing child live..
There's no way you'll over come bullying, if you are taller dan ur age, or u are very short or u have a big head, ear or foot size, etc just name it. there's a particular friend of mine that we called "ISI UWA" because of the size of his head.. But did he killed himself NO! likewise me, that's not suppose to bring a well trained youth down..
Instead it makes you tougher to bcome some thing good in life. So you in turn will have ur chance 2 laugh @ them..
Now if I should recall most of my old secondary sch mates whenever they sees me they'd be amazed or they'd say it a miracle, because am now grown-up ..

My point is straight, with the kind of training we african get from our parent we do value our lives..
I DONT THINK SUICIDE IS AN OPTION, NOT THAT AFRICANS VALUE THEIR LIVES THAN THE WHITES..BECAUSE WE AFRICAN KNOWS THAT IT'S A ONE-WAY TICKET TO ______
Check your Bible to conclude
Even Your Pastor Will Tell You That No Circumstance In This Life On Earth Warrant You Taking Your Own Life
I Rest My Case!!
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Deschil: 3:40am On Oct 18, 2013
Read my post AGAIN.
k_flexxy:

HEY!! Hold It Right There, what is different about bulling in Africa & The Whites..
The truth is right from childhood we are bullied by our parent,in my area you see children running away from home why "because My Mother will beat me" isn't that right, or you talk abt the house-help or maid..
Even in my days of secondary school, I was very short and dat made most of my closest folks (the ones that use to bully me back then because of my height).. Talk abt my teachers dey also contributed to the bully but I didn't take it as bullying.. Infact I took as a normal thing to occur in every growing child live..
There's no way you'll over come bullying, if you are taller dan ur age, or u are very short or u have a big head, ear or foot size, etc just name it. there's a particular friend of mine that we called "ISI UWA" because of the size of his head.. But did he killed himself NO! likewise me, that's not suppose to bring a well trained youth down..
Instead it makes you tougher to bcome some thing good in life. So you in turn will have ur chance 2 laugh @ them..
Now if I should recall most of my old secondary sch mates whenever they sees me they'd be amazed or they'd say it a miracle, because am now grown-up ..

My point is straight, with the kind of training we african get from our parent we do value our lives..
I DONT THINK SUICIDE IS AN OPTION, NOT THAT AFRICANS VALUE THEIR LIVES THAN THE WHITES..BECAUSE WE AFRICAN KNOWS THAT IT'S A ONE-WAY TICKET TO ______
Check your Bible to conclude
Even Your Pastor Will Tell You That No Circumstance In This Life On Earth Warrant You Taking Your Own Life
I Rest My Case!!
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 3:48am On Oct 18, 2013
The truth is that most African kids na 'winch' them be, them go suck all your blood for nite if you over-bully them
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by akwunomy(m): 3:55am On Oct 18, 2013
I really appreciate your post because i have been in the USA for more than two years and can attest to your observation. Bullying is really a big deal and it causes lots of emotional and psychological problem to youths here. When i think about it, i just wondered because i met lots of bully during my school years. We see it as something normal-school life-and all you have to do is wait when you become a senior to start your bullying. But when i see the effect of bullying in US schools and how it is treated, i could not understand it. My question is, does it mean that American kids are weak than African kids, who welcome bullying as a normal thing and live through it?
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by dayokanu(m): 4:08am On Oct 18, 2013
Deschil: YES, YES & YES!!! I gave up when I saw the posts on here! It is NOT the same thing...how many of you have had naked pictures of yourself posted on Facebook and twitter and had everyone in your school see them and burst into laughter as you walked into school That is a simple example of the KIND of bullying that goes on...

When in Primary school One boy was made to wash his cloth in front of the class for being dirty he only tied a towel

In Secondary school, One Junior boy stole a seniors Uniform, The uniform caught him in school area and stripped him nak3d in front of the whole JS2 block.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 18, 2013
Because Nigerians seem to tolerate bullying and/or abuse does not make it right.

2 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

When in Primary school One boy was made to wash his cloth in front of the class for being dirty he only tied a towel

In Secondary school, One Junior boy stole a seniors Uniform, The uniform caught him in school area and stripped him nak3d in front of the whole JS2 block.

grin grin grin
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by corperscorner: 5:44am On Oct 18, 2013
Bullying is part of our national pride. Even Unborn babies get bullied in the womb by their father's or anoda man's BROKOS cheesy So wats so special about the subject matter.

All I knw be say, person wey try bully me make I die just dey waste hin tym. Na to subscribe to local jazz knack dem juju. Long Live Fadeyi Oloro, Long Live Abija. Wetin juju dey for? Not to talk of my peers....na hot water I go pour dem from head to toe. Oyinbo go turn albino instanta.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by daddyiel(m): 5:49am On Oct 18, 2013
Man Datz Funny.... grin grin grin
9jadelta: u wan compare a child born in warri to a child from kenturky?

even the sound of warri can bully the whole american children grin
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by corperscorner: 5:52am On Oct 18, 2013
Lest I forget......our President sef na bully.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by daddyiel(m): 6:14am On Oct 18, 2013
In our dayz people bullied me to the point i couldnt just wait to become a senior, my surname was not just a common Igbo name buh a typical Ohafia name where i grow up the kids gave me a thound funny names, i was very soft that my younger Brother became a bigger bully at home, he would always eat my food, beat me and tell people... Till one day my Dad said something that changed eveyrthing then he said "instead your dog go kill my own, make my own kill your own then we go settle" today i am a better and stronger man, nothing fears or bullies me anymore, i think it's a mind thing(suicide is still not the Answer), what Africans face Day after day... No be here
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:32am On Oct 18, 2013
davidylan:

I completely disagree with you. Its quite funny to claim that the reason nigerian's are much tougher emotionally is because we have been bullied and beaten down by the government and the society. There are far so many factors and top of them is:

1. The complete and utter lack of a line of authority in American schools. Children here are able to say and do things that we would have found unthinkable as kids... we had teachers and parents to fear... in the US they fear nothing.

2. Proliferation of social media - unlike 1992, kids in schools today spend more than 90% of their time behind a screen of some kind. Nairaland is an example of how being able to hide behind a screen can turn a timid mouse into the loudest lion. Children in the US no longer have the opportunities we had to play outside and TRULY socialize with their friends and neighbours. Today it is all about how many likes you can garner on facebook and how many followers you have on twitter. Back in the day we had REAL friends, today American kids have lists of faceless goons.

3. Medication - As a kid, the only drugs i knew were panadol and chloroquine. Today our kids are drugged up from birth till death. Why wont their brain chemistry be different?

4. Glorification of suicide victims - A kid kills himself and what does the American society do? Plaster their photos all over, hold 1000-man candle-light vigils while calling them the meekest lambs on earth (even by those who only knew them as a screen name). Unfortunately, US kids have learnt that one of the best ways to gain notoriety is to kill yourself. In naija, the mere fear of bringing shame to your family by killing yourself is enough deterrent.

Lastly, before we start spouting away thoughtlessly, let us take a trip down memory lane just 50 yrs ago. How many american kids were killing themselves then? Where was the bullying? Was the country beating down their psyche then?
You sound like you just came off the banana boat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? / South African Lady's Mother Surprised Her With A Car / Challenges Of A Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.