Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why (21474 Views)

Women With Rich Husbands Have Stronger Orgasm –study / Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play / High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by eyennyin: 6:34am On Oct 18, 2013
For the first time Nigeria ranks above US in development index. Who says hardship doesn't pay?
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:34am On Oct 18, 2013
macof:

Shuttup have you been to USA before? You would be charged? Isn't it rehab and counseling courses you would undertake?
Better be sure of wat you say here on NL
Actually, hes right you could be charged and sentenced to prison for bullying
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 18, 2013
oraclefemi: No matter what it turns us into we don't commit suicide . It's not in our DNA to toy with our lives because of flimsy excuses , we Neva die because of money na txt message bullying go come kill man this topic don dey vex me. If my kid comes home with a black eye il give him another and send his bum back out there so that his fear of what I will do to him will overshadow the fear of his bullies and he can stand his ground or better still I enroll him in a karate class . I'm not going to preach to him about being a gentleman all the time otherwise he will end up being a beechy kind of man . If he smacks u smack him back if his parents come call me il come smack them too. If you're from a posh home and all that pls ignore my post my ghetto people know what I mean and it worked for us

This is exactly what I would teach my kid. When U get smacked,na to die there.never ever give up or act calm. Life is war. Don't be like Jesus all the time,U gotta act like Satan once in a while
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 18, 2013
redsun: Can a true born african can ever be medically depressed?When from birth his/her has been embodied in depression.

I was at some point in my life.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by jayAjoku(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2013
Promhize: Then dey mad ni. Dis one's don see bully? angry

The simple answer is train up ur child in the he should go and he grows he shall not depart from it.

You know how many cane my mama flog me? Most Nigerians are better, disciplined people today because of their dad or mum. Over-pamper, that's the cause.
u talk true.. Them too soft with their children thus making them think thats how everybody wil treat them ..
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Rbaby1: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2013
Fabulousuzo: it happens till tomorow in our schools, bt the good thing is that, it prepares the teens/kids for any challange outside the school walls

Yea!
jayAjoku: u talk true.. Them too soft with their children thus making them think thats how everybody wil treat them ..
Fabulousuzo: it happens till tomorow in our schools, bt the good thing is that, it prepares the teens/kids for any challange outside the school walls

Yea!
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by gentlelyfe(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2013
wat a pity to d americans....ds y i like my country Nigeria...we dont gve a dime for any rubbish...if u match me once..i match u twice...its a tit for tat game....dts y d americans still ve a lot to learn frm us...we do fings dt uptil now d cant even imagine...we r autentic...strong...vibrant...n intelligent...so d shudnt compared dem wit us...d r no match for us cos we too much
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by lastpage: 7:34am On Oct 18, 2013
infonubia:
ouch! isn't that a little too harsh. People deal with situations differently. We tend to deal with them the best way we know how and there isn't really a right or wrong way. I can't really speak for someone committed suicide due to being bullied but I know it must have been so hard on them.

Really?
Its not the "bullying" that makes them commit suicide, their life was already on "the edge", EMPTY is the real word!
Bullying was just the "trigger" that fired the bullet. wink

infonubia: The picture above is of a 12-year-old girl, Rebecca Sedwick who was ganged bullied by as many as 15 girls via online and text messages. Over what? of course, the usual teen drama: a boy! The main culprit - the 14-year-old girl had been dating Sedwick's[b] former boyfriend[/b]. She posted comments online with statement that Sedwick should "drink bleach and die." The second girl was Sedwick's former best friend whom the other girls influenced to attack Sedwick. It's very sad and unfortunate!

Through investigations, the sheriff of Polk County found search queries such as "what is overweight for a 13-year-old girl," "how to get blades out of razors" and "how many over-the-counter drugs do you take to die" on Sedwick computer. There was picture showing her head resting on a railroad track on one of her screen-savers. She contemplated suicide for several months as she was taunted by these girls.

Sedwick's mom tried to remove her from the school last year, but the bullying continued on Sedwick's phone and Facebook page. Sedwick committed suicide on September 9th. She jumped from the tower of an abandoned concrete plant and died.

Hehehe, l can only laugh! ...but its not funny at all!! angry

What is a 12yr old doing with a BOYFRIEND? Jezzuz!
Call me "old fashioned and traditional" but if she is my daughter, l will flog her deadi-body till it wakes up ...and die again! grin Imagine, they even have "former" boyfriend at that age!

Now, as a parent, l cant imagine that your child, who lives under your roof, was contemplating suicide for a whole 13 months... and you have no idea what she was up to?
That is why l hate all these shyte about "personal space" that these Oyinbo peeps preach about their children.
I reserve the right to enter ANY ROOM in my house[/b] (especially my children's room) [b]AT ANY TIME-tee! ... and conduct "searches" for things l dont even know are missing! (You dont like it, go rent your own house elsewhere but l will cane you wella before you leave sef! grin )

Does it not show that there is a complete "disconnect" between parents and child?
Okay, l understand, maybe she was living with a 'single parent" who unfortunately is too busy chasing dollars or attending parties and binge-drinking?

Parents need to be "close to their children" so that you can notice the slightest change of "mood or attitude" when it sets in, from day one.
Be your child's BEST FRIEND..... being "firm and yet so loving" at the same time. wink
Put monitoring software on their phone and computer, check what they post on twitter and facebook , e.t.c (at an early stage, you can call it snooping but if it will save my child, then l am a snooper!).
Kids will always be kids and they sure need guidance till they can fend for themselves.
Its a very dangerous world out there, even more so with the advent of "internet-everywhere" and social networking! (if it could change governments in places like Tunisia, Egypt, e.t.c..... who is that your 12yr old that you think he/she is immune to such forces?)

All these "arrests" ....is campaign after election! Too late.

But then, we must all realize that "with freedom comes great responsibilities".
No one can eat their cake and still have it.

****checks where he keeps his cane incase those rascals of his have taken it to hide elsewhere*****

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by gentlelyfe(m): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2013
sanniemoe:

This is exactly what I would teach my kid. When U get smacked,na to die there.never ever give up or act calm. Life is war. Don't be like Jesus all the time,U gotta act like Satan once in a while
true talk my people...we shudnt b too soft or too hard..we shd try n balance it up
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 18, 2013
They don't drink garri
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by ycmdng(m): 8:02am On Oct 18, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] In Nigerian schl, bulling is in cycle: u learn frm it and use it to teach ur junior ones. Its jst a way of life.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by nnenna311: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2013
Somegirl commited suicide because of text messages and we are here celebrating/discussing it! For me, this is rubbish! What happens to internal mechanisms of problem solving?. On this I surport the African child. 'Absorbing mentality'.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by ycmdng(m): 8:13am On Oct 18, 2013
redsun: It does no actually make african children stronger per say,it subdues them mentally.That is why you have suppose grown adults running after thieves like tinibu as leaders.They have no mental capability to differentiate between right and wrong,because they have been so bullied to accept anything as children and given no chance to put their initiatives in play.
[color=#990000][/color]
Some people wil jst make themself an end time commentator. Mtchwwww
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by zaziakoni(f): 8:16am On Oct 18, 2013
na because niga children dey chop strong akpu na ;Dna because niga children dey chop strong akpu na
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by vislabraye(m): 8:23am On Oct 18, 2013
But the way they take their lives over there amazes me. I have been bullied physical, psychologically, emotionally except sexually (that would have been difficult except say na woman ) but I'm normal. I only looked for ways to avoid them or revenge if I could.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by ibrozyconcept(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2013
Why does pizza make american kid bigger, but makes african kid only fart.... Because de are nt used to it... ShikenaWhy does pizza make american kid bigger, but makes african kid only fart.... Because de are nt used to it... ShikenaWhy does pizza make american kid bigger, but makes african kid only fart.... Because de are nt used to it... Shikena
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by onnairaland(f): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2013
dimples*:
They don't drink garri
grin neither have they ever seen or eaten 'akpu'
What will make them strong? Is it cookies n milk? wink
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by kadman(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2013
stillwater: The society is different. Our experiences are too. Even church is different. The longer you stay abroad, your emotions start getting softer too and forget A is Z to us. grin It's only murder or death that gets an expressive response from us. Then you would see Africans rolling on the floor. You are only celebrated when you die in your violent husband's house than when you divorce him. There are millions of girls in Nigeria that have been raped that just picked up their underwear and went on as if nothing happened. They only feel shame and do not feel that there's an injustice that has been done to them. Take the ABSU rape victim for example. What dignity that woman is protecting is beyond every single brain cell in my head. I'm still annoyed about that incident. See the poverty in Nigeria, and we say we have a government. We are not in touch with our emotional side. We have been desensitized to hurt, pain, wickedness, dejection, hate, strife, and helplessness by the biggest bully on earth - the Nigerian government. We have been trained very very well in a concentration camp Nigerian style. We hardly commit suicide but show our fruits in other flamboyant styles like fraud, crime, prostitution, aggression and the incessant need to loot and loot and loot.

PREACH ! PREACH !! PREACH !!!
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by AjanleKoko: 8:34am On Oct 18, 2013
Chanchit: Anybody that commits suicide because he/she is been bullied do not deserve to live in the first place.

And some people are liking this embarassed

Too many eediot children in this country angry

1 Like

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by saintneo(m): 8:52am On Oct 18, 2013
The world will know that a few stood against many.

Bullying is done by lily-livered people. Once you rise up to the challenge they hide behind their group.

One thing I have learnt in life is not to bully innocent people.

Challenging group of bullies openly is not always ideal; instead, you work towards isolating each bully at a time and beat them to submission. But how is this a perfect solution? Will your life be based on bully-fighting?

We need something beyond human comprehension to fight bullies. We need God's advice and strengthening. We need to believe in our capabilities. We need to distinguish between right and wrong. We need to stand our ground.

Just like in the movie 300.....we need to challenge the army of Xerezes, we need to challenge the system. That is the only solution.

A seed only becomes a tree by dying in the ground first. Only contaminated seeds fail to germinate.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Okijajuju1(m): 8:55am On Oct 18, 2013
May God forgive me for what I did to Oghenero in School.. I gave that boy 6 years of hell.

Anybody who says that bullying does not affect Nigerian Kids is dead wrong.
I and my crew once verbally bullied a boy (a new Transfer) in secondary school so bad that he tried everything including fighting us to make us stop but it didnt work because I was stronger than him physically. I recall him bringing his mother to school to beg us to stop to no avail. I remember the principal punishing me and my crew so bad one time and it only encouraged us.. The kid had to leave. And I never even knew his name..

I hope he is okay though.. I use to call him E'ze Mmuo (cos he had the most fuc'ked dentition in the world).. Everybody started calling him E'ze Mmuo because of me.. grin

Bullying is bad..
I was the chief verbal Bully in sec school..

I pray Karma does not visit my sins on my kids.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Heliesha: 9:02am On Oct 18, 2013
hmm in nigeria after kids commits suicide these will be the reply of the mothers
mother one-
"God go punish that pikin reach grave, na who him want make he pay him burial money we no even get money to eat talk more to bury person"
mother two-
wetin don happen done happen at least now i go fit take care of him younger ones make there life no be like him own,even him cloth self i go pack am give junior make him dey where. Abi na lie i dey lie?

9ja i dey hail oh, i go boarding skul wey teacher flog me wif mango stick for front of everybody til i begin dey bleed for bum bum i no commit suicide, just because person dey call me names wey my paper no name or label me wif i go con commit suicide. wu say oyibo no dey more messed up than us
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by saintneo(m): 9:02am On Oct 18, 2013
Okija_juju: May God forgive me for what I did to Oghenero in School.. I gave that boy 6 years of hell.

I and my crew once verbally bullied a boy (a new Transfer) in secondary school so bad that he tried everything including fighting us to make us stop but it didnt work because I was stronger than him physically. I recall him bringing his mother to school to beg us to stop to no avail. I remember the principal punishing me and my crew so bad one time and it only encouraged us.. The kid had to leave. And I never even knew his name..

I hope he is okay though.. I use to call him E'ze Mmuo (cos he had the most fuc'ked dentition in the world).. Everybody started calling him E'ze Mmuo because of me.. grin

Bullying is bad..

It will visit you directly!

2 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2013
Okija_juju: May God forgive me for what I did to Oghenero in School.. I gave that boy 6 years of hell.

Bullying is bad..

nothing dey happen but I fear ur kids might inherit that bully gene from U
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Sweetlemon(f): 9:19am On Oct 18, 2013
stillwater: The society is different. Our experiences are too. Even church is different. The longer you stay abroad, your emotions start getting softer too and forget A is Z to us. grin It's only murder or death that gets an expressive response from us. Then you would see Africans rolling on the floor. You are only celebrated when you die in your violent husband's house than when you divorce him. There are millions of girls in Nigeria that have been raped that just picked up their underwear and went on as if nothing happened. They only feel shame and do not feel that there's an injustice that has been done to them. Take the ABSU rape victim for example. What dignity that woman is protecting is beyond every single brain cell in my head. I'm still annoyed about that incident. See the poverty in Nigeria, and we say we have a government. We are not in touch with our emotional side. We have been desensitized to hurt, pain, wickedness, dejection, hate, strife, and helplessness by the biggest bully on earth - the Nigerian government. We have been trained very very well in a concentration camp Nigerian style. We hardly commit suicide but show our fruits in other flamboyant styles like fraud, crime, prostitution, aggression and the incessant need to loot and loot and loot.

Actually, you are very wrong.
Victims of rape over here don't just put on their panties and walk away as if nothing happened. The only reason why they keep mum is because they are scared of the stigma associated with rape over here and being blamed for the rape! Of course a rape victim here will not commit suicide, but you cannot even begin to start to imagine the trauma she will go through afterwards. The empty feelings, the feeling of being haunted, that helpless feeling you get when you wish there was something you could have done to stop it, that had-I-known feeling, that maybe-I'm-only-good-enough-for sex feeling you get when you wonder why you were raped. This can pyschologically affect a rape victim so badly that it destroys her self esteem and a woman without herself esteem is better off dead, I tell you!
As for the bullying part, most internet bullies here on NL for instance are actually victims of bullying themselves in their real worlds. Most of them are introverts and this may have been as a result of not being accepted by their peer groups, thereby making them to crawl into their shells and spend all their time online.

Contrary to what you think, Nigerians are NOT strong people. We are NOT happy people. We only like to pretend that all is well and because we are religious, and we believe in miracles, it gives us the hope for a better tomorrow. If you want to test how frustrated an average Nigerian is, step on someone's toes in a crowded bus stop during a fuel scarcity period.

2 Likes

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by haulagehandlers(m): 9:21am On Oct 18, 2013
infonubia:
All types of abuse, be it physical or verbal, stigmatizes the victim. You can imagine what these kids go through. Another lesson here is for parents to be a part of their children's life. Continually reminder their kids how important the children are. This will hopefully build self confidence. Also, be sure keep stay abreast of what's going on in your children's life.
I have said it before,according to Fela,"the african,is different from the European in the inner and cultural structure from the creators ascendancy". Then one shyre head started spewing poooooo,well this here topic is a confirmation of the great abami eda's believe.I attended a military school and I know what I went through,as i type this my wife is bullying my children infact my youngest is doing frog jump.So all na the part of our own way of life,no be all this kind soft oyinboish way wey dey turn man to woman.....imagine I shout for somebody dem go say i don abuse am psychologically.....nansense...abegi Okoli pass me the poli.....*drags the weed and exhales big smoke on the face of sissy*
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by haulagehandlers(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2013
Victims of rape over here don't just put on their panties and walk away as if nothing happened. The only reason why they keep mum is because they are scared of the stigma associated with rape over here and being blamed for the rape! Of course a rape victim here will not commit suicide, but you cannot even begin to start to imagine the trauma she will go through afterwards. The empty feelings, the feeling of being haunted, that helpless feeling you get when you wish there was something you could have done to stop it, that had-I-known feeling, that maybe-I'm-only-good-enough-for sex feeling you get when you wonder why you were raped. This can pyscologically affect a rape victim so badly that it destroys her self esteem and a woman without herself esteem is better off dead, I tell you!

Contrary to what you think, Nigerians are NOT strong people. We are NOT happy people. We only like to pretend that all is well and because we are religious, and we believe in miracles, it gives us the hope for a better tomorrow. If you want to test how frustrated an average Nigerian is, step on someone's toes in a crowded bus stop during a fuel scarcity period.[/quote]
I beg to disagree with this,Nigerians are not strong people? Pray tell what is "strong" to you.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Didi5(m): 9:26am On Oct 18, 2013
Bullying in Nigeria starts from your day of birth.If them just born you and you no cry,na so the nurse go take her wicked hand beat you make you cry..........................i was bullied in school by some classmates,the funny part was that i was not weak.......but i ambushed one of them.....one fateful day and punched life out of him.......
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by caterwaul(m): 9:27am On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu: Oyinbos are generally soft

If you watch their investigation discovery. They would catch a hardened criminal by talking to him he would start crying and confess.

Try that one for Naija. Person wey you catch korokoro beat am till all him teeth comot go still deny till him die
post of the day

Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Sweetlemon(f): 9:53am On Oct 18, 2013
haulagehandlers:
Victims of rape over here don't just put on their panties and walk away as if nothing happened. The only reason why they keep mum is because they are scared of the stigma associated with rape over here and being blamed for the rape! Of course a rape victim here will not commit suicide, but you cannot even begin to start to imagine the trauma she will go through afterwards. The empty feelings, the feeling of being haunted, that helpless feeling you get when you wish there was something you could have done to stop it, that had-I-known feeling, that maybe-I'm-only-good-enough-for sex feeling you get when you wonder why you were raped. This can pyscologically affect a rape victim so badly that it destroys her self esteem and a woman without herself esteem is better off dead, I tell you!

Contrary to what you think, Nigerians are NOT strong people. We are NOT happy people. We only like to pretend that all is well and because we are religious, and we believe in miracles, it gives us the hope for a better tomorrow. If you want to test how frustrated an average Nigerian is, step on someone's toes in a crowded bus stop during a fuel scarcity period.
I beg to disagree with this,Nigerians are not strong people? Pray tell what is "strong" to you.

"Strong" is about being able to let go of whatever tormented or is tormenting you. If you supress your pain only to take it out on a stranger who accidentaly stepped on your toes, sorry that's not strong.
You see, in psychology, there are different ways of expressing/dealing with pain. And one of the most dangerous ways of doing this is supression. It only leads to bigger more compound issues in the individual.
A man who later becomes a harderned armed robber as a result of going through a rough childhood, is actually not being strong enough to deal with his past in the right way.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by skybodmas: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2013
Bully? Here in Nigeria we call it beating, chancing, intimidation. During my secondary school days, we do beat, chance, intimidate, fight, war! It shows you are a strong man. We don't stay in ss3 class. We stay in ss4 or class 7. Our own classroom where we gamble & do some shits!
Re: Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why by Trippledots(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2013

Bullying is bad..

ahnnn!! eze mmuo ke! #just peed ma self laffing# un harsh gan..... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? / She Doesn't Love Him, But He Doesn't Believe In Divorce. / Challenges Of A Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.