Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

What Has Nairaland Taught You? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (10020 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by sambroose(m): 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
1)Taught me how price of garri increases annually
2)How End time tinz came into existence
3)How tribalist movement takes place in Nigeria
4)Everybody is a saint
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by houstonia(m): 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
ONE THING I HAVE LEARNT FROM NAIRALAND IS HOW TO MAKE LOGICAL ARGUMENTS DESPITE THE ACUMEN FOR WHAT EVER THE TOPIC MAYBE

SECONDLY : ON NAIRALAND TRY NOT TO BE "I KNOW ALL" AS NL IS CHARACTERIZED BY FUkKING EXPERIENCED MEMBERS
THIRDLY: ONE JUST HAS TO BE PATIENT ENOUGH TO SEE A REASONABLE TOPIC ON THE FRONT PAGE.
FINALLY: THAT FEELING OF LOOKING LIKE A CELEBRITY WHEN YOUR TOPIC EVENTUALLY MAKES FP OUT OF MAYBE 100 INITIAL TOPICS LOL

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by phil5(m): 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hmm,nl has shown me different categories of humans in nija
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by sammiboy007: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland has taught me that even in a tense office environment looking at your PC screen 24/7 you can still crack your ribs reading nairalanders posts

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
That a tribe is bigga than the odas and ur visiblity here depends on how u react to dia abusive coments or u GET DA F*CK BANNED.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
that every thing about tinubu must be on the front page
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
ifyalways: End time is near

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by donphilopus: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
Codedrock: IF YOU BELIEVE NAIRALAND HAS TAUGHT YOU LOTS OF NONSENSE.., JUST LIKE THIS POST.
What did you just spew??
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by HAH: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland taught me how there is general stereotype against northern Nigeria, and also someone that never been anywhere outside Lagos will sit down and tell you he know Nigeria.

My advice please travel round Nigeria and interact with all then you will appreciate Gods gift to Nigeria.

I have gone to every state in Nigeria apart from Bayelsa which am planning to visit just on tour.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by jentlsoul: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
It taught me to believe that jesus is nt God no son of God but a prophet of God almighty.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by DICKtator: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
ChiSun27: What has NL taught you?

For me:
NL has taught me to always read my write-ups and post more than 3 times before clicking the submit button in order to avoid English critics.

Nairaland has also taught me to minimize the usage of chat abbreviations if you want your post to be read.

It has also made me believe that half of the girls here are virgins especially...
So what has NL taught you?

Onila? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Someone that has a punnanie that is wider than the road to hell and y'all be believing her virgin tales by moonlight?

smdh!!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by AboveSOSO: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
Taught me "End time thingz"
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
NL,has tot a me a lot o,bt d important one of aj is dat nl tot me aw 2 talk bck at guys dat av nafin 2 offer and guys that do as if they knw it all,d mr perfects!!!especially naija guys,all dey is blab and bark,bt wif NL,i knw aw 2 handle them.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by bankyblue(m): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
*that some people just look out for ur error

*that igbo and yourbo loving each other is just pretense

*that youth like us re still religion fanatics

*that lovely friends re still out there

*above all, it has really improve my typing skills, writing skills and inform me more than the largest
TV station in Africa, the station that is independent in Africa and the station that say
Every hour, on the hour.....I no call names Oº°˚ ˚°º

NL......all the way

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by njuwo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland taught me not to comment anyhw on any thread to avoid getting BANNED.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Boss13: 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
Taught me that everybody on Nairaland is rich and doing well. So I just don't have to worry about the poverty rate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Adufaye(m): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hmmm good english! How to use the past n present tense!

But sometimes due to fear,I use pidgin,cause I know say many english lecturer/teacher dey dis site grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote
author=Youngsage]
lol i understood you perfectly!
My point was this, for example someone typing just one or two sentences,
maybe like: "am wonder what could have cursed such a incidence?', and
thereafter blames such errors on "type of phone!". It's a different
thing entirely when you omit/interchange one or two letters from a word,
probably because of typing fast on such a phone, without re-reading.
Grammatical errors are not bound to occur. I've also typed quite long
posts with small nokias like 2330, and I was mindful of my grammar as I
typed, though in some cases like that I make use of 'shorthand' and I
try to modify posts when such errors are noted. smiley[/quote]

gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by jman77(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
A lot. i must say!.......a kind of UNIVERSITY OF LIFE grin
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by hardywaltz(m): 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
After been on Nairaland for close to 7years if one isn't careful it will turn u into a tribalist and fill you up with hate for other tribes.

The only thing i have learnt from NL is that google is your friend so you don't post something that isn't correct and have the sabi-sabis bounce on you.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by extremelygolden: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Well, Nairaland has thought me through people's funny comments sometimes, that I can really laugh out loud and be very happy in the office while discharging my duties and I only pray it won't result in querry one of these days, sha. In fact, I have been accused several times in recent time (since I joined Nairaland, of course) that I always smile or laugh while looking at my computer system.

They just don't know the secret because before anyone comes close to my system, I would've minimized what I was reading.

I give it to you Naiarland!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
That Nigerians especially those in Nigeria hate each other so much.. Igbo/Yoruba

That there's a lot of male/female asssholes in Nigeria

Brb

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Vivly(f): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland has taught me a whole different meaning of words. Thanks to the censored words.
Well, that's strictly for the sexuality section. Apart from that, Nairaland has taught me that it is only on an online forum where plans of and about Nigeria breaking up is feasible
Nairaland has also taught me little bits of islam and muslims. Thanks to the islam section. It has also taught me tolerance towards other nairalanders..

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Versatility, I feel like I have Nigeria in my hand via sharing resources with various minds while learning and teaching @ the same-time

Tolerance as 70percent of users here are distressed therefore, u never know the next handle that might unleashed madness on you, U gatto be prepared !!!

Articulate ... With sane/Insane discussions on Nairaland, I have been exposed to divergent views and how to prepare my attack/defence schemes !!!

Brain-Booster, Nairaland teaches me how to keep querying my head in responding to different views, this is a good exercise for brain and keep it well-functional and active !!!

Research .... Nairaland has developed me to diversify into certain knowledges I might not have ordinarily branched into .....via discussions and unravelling of new-knowledges which I never knew despite my acclaimed versatility .... Nairaland has challenged me to research !!!

Maturity yo know, If U endure some Mad Nairalanders, one should be able to withstand any Nigerian out there on the street .... Some people are just crazy here ....... !!!

May God Bless Seun Osewa for this platform that keeps mind sane and Healthy !!!

8 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by femi4: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
ChiSun27: What has NL taught you?

For me:
NL has taught me to always read my write-ups and post more than 3 times before clicking the submit button in order to avoid English critics.

Nairaland has also taught me to minimize the usage of chat abbreviations if you want your post to be read.

It has also made me believe that half of the girls here are virgins especially...Onila
So what has NL taught you?
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by dabrake(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland's taught me ONE NIGERIA is an illusion.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by 1forall: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
That Nigeria is finished.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by bluuu: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
houstonia: ONE THING I HAVE LEARNT FROM NAIRALAND IS HOW TO MAKE LOGICAL ARGUMENTS DESPITE THE ACUMEN FOR WHAT EVER THE TOPIC MAYBE

SECONDLY : ON NAIRALAND TRY NOT TO BE "I KNOW ALL" AS NL IS CHARACTERIZED BY FUkKING EXPERIENCED MEMBERS
misterh: NL has taught me not to jump into arguments aimlessly. And that not everyone will be on the same intellectual level with you.
bankyblue: *that some people just look out for ur error
*that youth like us re still religion fanatics
*that lovely friends re still out there
*above all, it has really improve my typing skills, writing skills
it has also taught me some bad things
phil5: Hmm,nl has shown me different categories of humans in nija
sammiboy007: Nairaland has taught me that even in a tense office environment looking at your PC screen 24/7 you can still crack your ribs reading nairalanders posts
Nevertheless, i love NL
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by danny301: 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland taught me that Nigeria is a perfect example of tribalism... that a criminal can be called a criminal only if he/she is not from your tribe or ethnic group... that one Nigeria is just an illusion...

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
DICKtator:

Onila? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Someone that has a punnanie that is wider than the road to hell and y'all be believing her virgin tales by moonlight?

smdh!!!!

grin grin grin grin

Have you been there? #SMH at the moral decadence in the Nigerian society.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by borntobegr8t(m): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
NL taught me that,no matter how many years YORUBA and IGBO people stay together....they can never be ONE

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by RuthBukola(f): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
My day is incomplete without coming to NL. Its has reli thought me good things, and i always catch fun in here...Welcome me dis is my 1st comment on NL.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup / Which Market Is The Biggest Market In West Africa? / New Year 2013 Countdown Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.