Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

What Has Nairaland Taught You? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (10021 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
maryhaam: To read every post without commenting.......because of insult.
well, mine is opposite. I comment without reading.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by CaroTone(f): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nl had taught and let me know that will have a lot of frustrated jobless youths out there. Those in the category of "this topic is rubbish and the mod are putting it in front page instead of discussing of the way forward in this country". This kind of people makes me feel nauseous. Is it we Nairalanders that makes ur life miserable? Why can't they go to government house and be discussing the way forward to this country and leave we that are whiling away our time here. Moderators, pls find a way to get these set of human beings out of here because their comments causes eyesores [b]Nl had taught and let me know that will have a lot of frustrated youths out there. Those in the category of "this topic is rubbish and the mod are putting it in front page instead of discussing of the way forward in this country". This kind of people makes me feel nauseous. Is it we Nairalanders that makes ur life miserable? Why can't they go to government house and be discussing the way forward to this country and leave we that are whiling away our time here. Moderators, pls find a way to get these set of human beings out of here because their comments causes eyesores [/b]Nl had taught and let me know that will have a lot of frustrated youths out there. Those in the category of "this topic is rubbish and the mod are putting it in front page instead of discussing of the way forward in this country". This kind of people makes me feel nauseous. Is it we Nairalanders that makes ur life miserable? Why can't they go to government house and be discussing the way forward to this country and leave we that are whiling away our time here. Moderators, pls find a way to get these set of human beings out of here because their comments cause eyesores
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by crackhouse(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
nairaland is where I read news about Nigeria.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by crackhouse(m): 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
nairaland is where I read news about Nigeria. I have also learnt how to be patient when reading a long write up.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Widall: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
I'm hopeful nairaland has some goodies in stock for me cuz i be newborn 4 here
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by qhiwegh(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
I've learned that to some people, common sense observations is viewed as tribalist hate speech. SMH for political correctness.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by omojisola(m): 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
It has taught me 2 easily recognise d mumus dat do not kno ow 2 use d words "END TIME TINS" to issues it shud b used 4
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by LawChick: 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
ITbomb, please your attention is needed as par your GIFT -

https://www.nairaland.com/1473001/free-trendy-wrist-watch-more#18919605
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
fabulousdame: that i shud never ask for serious advice on nl especially d ones concerning relationships...

that majority of nigerians do not really like people from d east..

dat if u cant win an argument, u shud correct their grammar instead

dat a good number of mentally disabled people use d internet..

that u can still get to know nice people like jbluv55, moonraker, mayten30
awww same here dear,am blessed to have a friend like u

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Jbluv55(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
NL has taught me that:

* Not all usernames that have an 'f' @ the side actually belong to a femalegrin

* Not all who behave nice to you are actually nice.....its a pretense most tyms to get smtn. sad!

* One shud not be too quick to be a judge of character

* You shud choose/scrutinize ur words carefully before posting as someone may already be @ alert to quote you immediately b4 you can make changes.

* there are some users that follow you abt even as guests.

* One shudnt be too quick to involve in some e-quarrels if one does not know the genesis of such

* There are some discussions where your stance shud be lyk:
"As I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death(some parts of NL), I com dey WONDER, wetin carry me go there, I DEY CRAZE ?".

* Finally that there are, however, some really LOVELY people on NL that I have made friends with both on and off NL and one of them is my BEST friend ryt now wink

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by winteriscoming: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
NL has taught me that people have tribe tinted glasses with which they view everything politics.

PS: seriously we need like an army of mods to tackle politics section. Anybody makes tribalist comment. Ban them for life.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
That vulgar and irreverent is cool...Or was it high school taught me that? Ah well, what's the difference? undecided

That anybody is an IQ rating agency. Just say, "I lost my respect for so-and-so" and it means a darn thing. Sweet narcissism. grin

That arguments need not be resolved with appeals to laws of logic. Just get creative with insults and verbal abuse and you'll win just as easily. grin

That if you scream with large highlighted words, you'll win any argument.

That if you say you've won, you've won.

You know, important stuff like that is what I've learned smiley
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Fxwarrior: 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
undecided

Nairaland has taught me. ...
Ohh! I have forgotten what I wanted to say. embarassed
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Ezeanna: 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland has taught me that there is a beautiful place(Nairaland) to visit and be informed abt the goings-on in Naija.
* That there are many intelligent people on Nairaland with great reasoning ability(riddles and jokes section).
*That I could be updated abt the latest in the job market without having to buy papers.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by bejeria101(m): 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
Well it has taught me to expect E-verbal assault no matter how nice u mite try to be,otondo waat!! Lol
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Tgram(m): 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
Taught me not to upload my picture and some personal datas on my profile status.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Yemlizzy(f): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
Though i'm new here i must say i have learnt a lot within this little space of time it has made me realise that being criticised is not the end of the world instead its another step in climbing the ladder of success!

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Ninilowo(m): 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Fynestboi: your example is quite funny lmao...

Am not talking about such gramatical error haba... That one is totally out of it..... Lol.. Well all join sha...
then you are talking of TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by houstonia(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bossforeva: Another thing it taught me is that this post can render your account deactivated, should Mukina2 sight it

Please who the he11 is this mukina, does she/he have the slightest idea that I can open another account? Or possibly wait for he/she after any show. Mukina2 ko monkeyna_1 ni
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland has taught me that what is obtainable here are 90% lies. For example;

*Yorubas and Igbos get along better in real life than those on nairaland.

*Naija guys only have issues with naija girls on Nairaland: in real life they take poo from the girls.

Also I have learnt that the reason Nairaland is so annoying is:

*Too many underage children on it
*Nigerians living outside Nigeria

And I have learnt not to get irritated by lies spewed daily on Nairaland about Nigeria as a whole.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by piagetskinner(m): 12:20am On Oct 19, 2013
funkybaby: the meaning of 'Yoruba''.

i honestly thought it was a charming adjective not knowing it's an insult. embarassed angry angry
In other words, u've learnt how to insult using foreign language
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by InvertedHammer: 5:14am On Oct 19, 2013
/

Real estate and auto sections are very informative.

However, NL reinforces everything I know about Nigeria and Nigerians..... more or less argumentative and politically gullible to a fault.

Most importantly, NL is an epicenter of comic relief

/
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by ChiSun27(m): 6:13am On Oct 19, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

Most importantly, NL is an epicenter of comic relief[/color].[/b]

/

I'm telling you!!!!
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by volcanoash(f): 7:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Taught me some words I didn't know, like 'Womanliness', 'unmentionables' and others.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Olugbenger(m): 8:47am On Oct 19, 2013
Oluwatola5: And like seriously, this is the first time am getting to know about the tribalism issue between the Yorubas and the Igbos on NL. Am still wondering where it actually takes place.
Everywere especially the politics section.
google too helps, go type
igbos are.....
yorubas are...

fill ur eyes.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by ragoannagogia: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
NAWOOO
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by UyiIredia(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
To question religion, be myself with discretion and to learn to take flak.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by jadelord(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nigerialand has taught me that if care is not taken.... this country will just disintegrate..... just read the way the Igbos n yoruba go after one another's jugular here on nl... its appalling!!!
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
I learnt on Nairaland that you can find ℓ♥√ع anywhere, anyhow.

(I ℓ♥√ع you, baby)

I have also learnt that Nigerians have a crazy sense of humour that's just out of this world. Whenever I need to laugh really hard, I hit Nairaland.

Thanks Seun for this great site. I'm an addict.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Stephenndidi85: 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
it has tot me alot hapening d country
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by dasparrow: 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
@Post

Nairaland has taught me a lot about building a home. Nairaland has taught me a lot about other Africans and how many treat Nigerians like crap in their respective countries. Nairaland has reinforced a notion that I had always known about Nigerians which is: Most Nigerians are very tribalist and hateful towards each other and that will never change. Nairaland is a mirror of what actually goes on in Nigeria in real life. Nairaland keeps me informed of what is happening in Nigeria and around the world. Nairaland keeps me posted on what some celebrities are currently up to. Some Nairalanders are also very funny and a healthy dose of laughter is good for the body and the soul. Nairaland is a good site. Kudos to Seun and his moderators.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup / Which Market Is The Biggest Market In West Africa? / New Year 2013 Countdown Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.